Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Voidcritter Card Shop Flop

I had just tried to open up a new retail store that sold only Voidcritter cards and the battle console that the cards are played on. I had the shop open for only 8 hours in the game. And had gotten a lot of sims to come in in those 8 hours. And not one single sim bought any thing. And to pour salt into the wound. Most of the customers that had entered my new shop had flashing red shopping carts over their heads before they entered my shop. I even had set up a voidcritter battle arena down in the basement of my new shop. And not one single child showed up to do battle with their favorite voidcritter. I don't know what to make of this disaster. I don't know if this was a result of a strange bug, or if the sims just weren't interested in buying Voidcritters cards, and their battle consoles. The sims having flashing red shopping carts over their heads before they even had a chance to shop at the store is a sure sign of a bug. But that's unconfirmed at the moment, since I haven't had a lot of time to test that theory yet. Right now I'm considering just closing the shop, and just sell it along with it's inventory. The remaining Voidcritter cards that my sim has in their personal inventory. I can always sell those the old fashion way, drag from inventory and sell.

Comments

• Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    @sunman I do know that the void critter battles stations are tagged so that sim will not autonomously use them. Not sure why no one bought anything in your shop though. I am fairly sure that @SimGuruGraham had said in the live stream that a shop like this would work. The fact that the customers arrived already ready to buy and almost times out is very strange.

Maybe try replacing the business from your library again, have to sell it first etc, but replacing it might clear out any bugs.
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Hello
    I am sorry that you have had this issue. Try taking all the items off sale. Then put them back onto sale again and see if that helps when you reopen the store the next day.
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    I was going to share my new Voidcritter Battle Shop, that was the name that I gave the place to the Gallery. But I was disconnected for reason tonight, and so I couldn't share the shop. But it did save to my library, so I can try to replace it and see what happens. I have sold the shop and in it's inventory since posting this. And I did stick around to see what would happen. And oddly enough, none of the customers walked in with red shopping carts already flashing over their heads.
  • Options
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello
    I am sorry that you have had this issue. Try taking all the items off sale. Then put them back onto sale again and see if that helps when you reopen the store the next day.
    I have sold the shop since then. But I can always buy it back, and try that. Thanks for the tip rosemow. And thank you for your tip as well NZsimm3r.

• Options
    So strange! Since selling my new shop, and sticking around to see what happens. A customer buys a card from the shop. Now why didn't they do that while my sim owned the shop? That does not make any sense at all.
  • Options
    Hope you get your shop working! :)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    sunman502 wrote: »
    So strange! Since selling my new shop, and sticking around to see what happens. A customer buys a card from the shop. Now why didn't they do that while my sim owned the shop? That does not make any sense at all.

:/ How typical.

• Options

Hello.
    Perhaps try buying it back again now and test to see whether the customers buy the cards now.
  • Options
    NZsimm3r wrote: »

:/ How typical.
    There for a minute, while I was watching the sims buy these cards. I was thinking that my own copy of the game was boycotting my sim for some unknown reason. :D

• Options

Hello.
    Perhaps try buying it back again now and test to see whether the customers buy the cards now.
    I was thinking about doing that while I was watching the cards sell finally. But thank you for the tip anyways rosemow! :)<3

• Options
  • Options
    I hope that if you decide to buy back the store that it goes well, and that your sim sells many cards! :)
    Thank you rosemow! :)<3