Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Online or bluetooth sims (multiplayer!)

Mutt98Mutt98 Posts: 7 New Member
We all like to play sims. But lets face it, if you're playing sims with your mate, it can be boring and unsociable. We have such a huge sims community so why not let them play together. When creating a new game you should have an option to make it available online via code. send the code to your friends and you can literally play sims together. Obviously there should be a limit to how many player you can have in one game to avoid complications. But it shouldnt be too hard right? I want my roommate IRL to be playing my roommate in sims.

Comments

• MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,748 Member
    three words: Sim Online, SimCity and Simport all failed.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Mutt98Mutt98 Posts: 7 New Member
    MadameLee wrote: »

Shhh...let me dream. I mean if minecraft did it...so can sims. They just gotta keep it simple. It's like elderscrolls online, way to complicated.

• MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,748 Member
    Mutt98 wrote: »

Shhh...let me dream. I mean if minecraft did it...so can sims. They just gotta keep it simple. It's like elderscrolls online, way to complicated.

and if you bothered to look around a lot of people don't want it...
    6adMCGP.gif
  • ByondTime89ByondTime89 Posts: 1,505 Member
    edited June 2016
    Sims Bustin' Out wasn't too bad, from what I remember. Granted I was in like 9th grade? But the online wasn't horrible and I remember enjoying it so it's definitely possible. IF ANYTHING, I'd love to just be able to play a family/house with a friend online even if we're confined to one lot. I think it'd be a lot of fun.

"A lot of people don't want it" because it hasn't always been implemented very well. I think if they really sat down and figured out how to do it WELL it could be something that's enjoyable for many people. Especially those of us who have friends or family that are far away. I would enjoy it. I used to love sitting with my sister, sharing the computer, and playing Sims together. Now we live thousands of miles away and can't do that anymore. It'd be nice to bring back those kind of childhood enjoyments. BUT it needs to be implemented in an easy, stable, and functional way and they haven't quite figured that out yet.
    Gallery & Origin ID: ByondTime89
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,255 Member
    Apparently TS4 was going to have some type of social aspect in the game but EA scrapped that idea as too many people spoke up stating how they didn't want the game to go in that direction plus EA didn't want what happened to SimCity to happen to the new Sims game. Why do you think that teens are the same height as YA, A and elders, babies are just objects tied to the bassinets, no open world, no CASt, no toddlers? It's because TS4 was going to be an online player game that wasn't going to have most of those things in the game.
  • lejoninnalejoninna Posts: 4,287 Member
    i remember reading an aricle on the sims online game,

how people made brothels and such. good times. wish i had been a little older back then.
  • EllieSimsterEllieSimster Posts: 31 Member
    That's amazing! I would definitely buy it!!! I hate watching people play the sims, when I can't! And I wanna see other people's sims and be able to interact with them!
    Check out my YouTube channel! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clmpzse5zaM
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,927 Member
    edited July 2016
    Mutt98 wrote: »

The Sims and Minecraft is two different games. The Sims is life simulator, and Minecraft is game of... blocks?
    Some people aren't intrested in life simulators and because of that, it's hard to create online game of this without failing. Like said before, two EA online simulators failed and Simport feature in The Sims 3, I've never ever used it, but I have read many scary warnings of using it.
    Sorry to bring up these bad news...