Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Canvas [Scores and New Assignment Up!!]

JKAmaryllisJKAmaryllis Posts: 3,741 Member
edited August 2016 in The Sims 4 Sims and Modeling
sNxtMba.png

This is a competition I ran way back in the sims 3 forum days. I loved it, and for some reason I have "competition fever" again. So against my better judgment, I've decided to do this again! *blows out competition cobwebs*  Back on track, though, this competition is pretty unique. Unless stated otherwise, the pictures do not even require a sim to be in them! And when there is a sim, it's not even required to be the same sim. So obviously any gender on the spectrum is fine. Assignments will be centered around certain types of art or some kind of artistic theme or style. Some examples (and I might recycle these, so get your gears moving) from past competitions are pop art, propaganda, still life, steampunk, etc.

ppCzY8e.png

- Be nice and encouraging to each other. Rudeness will not be tolerated.
- Try to be cognizant of others' entries, and make sure that yours isn't too similar.
- On the whole spectrum of editing I think basically as long as the picture is still sims related. No photo skinning, and more than likely if you're using a non-sim backdrop, there should be an actual sim in the shot. If you have a question about an entry, you're more than welcome to PM me or whatever and check with me on relevance or whatever before you submit. I cannot however completely critique it as that would be unfair to other contestants.
- Extensions will likely be granted, but know that my schedule is pretty blocked (usually) from Sunday to Tuesday. If my day of judging gets bumped too much, it might automatically take me another week to judge. I don't want to keep everyone waiting for too long.
- I can't think of anything else other than HAVE FUN!
VKdzJkF.png
UjySt4m.jpg
uCj8syk.png
judges10.png
jz8tDGb.png
Steam: JKAmaryllis
Post edited by JKAmaryllis on

Comments

• JKAmaryllisJKAmaryllis Posts: 3,741 Member
    edited August 2016
    P5oTmFB.png
    Had8OqG.png

Assignment Two: Cover Art/Reboot (PLEASE READ DESCRIPTION!!!)

What I mean by Cover art is not like, album, movie, etc. What I want is a reboot of a famous piece of art! It can be your attempt at recreating, but I'm hoping for some creativity. Change the location, the time - or something about the interpretation. My example picture is a futuristic reboot of the piece of art, American Gothic. Also, please let us know which picture you are "covering". You don't have to include the pic, a link to it or the wiki article is fine.
    Due Sunday, Aug 21. Please remember extensions may be granted however this may cause a delay in results due to my 12 hour work shifts.

eTo9FZs.png
    jz8tDGb.png
    edited August 2016
    54yy4Tk.png

Scoring Ruberick
    Relevance -/10
    Composition -/10
    Quality -/10
    Effort -/10
    Creativity -/10

This is subject to change.

Guys! These were beautiful! I'm not eliminating anyone due to drops. I also want it to be known that scoring will likely be harder as we go, and I really hope that my comments don't seem too negative. I feel like if I don't provide any kind of critique, then I'm not really giving you any way to improve. I feel like it's really important for you guys to know that I absolutely loved this round, and I love your work!!!!

For this round, OnyxIrony may be adding comments at a later time :)

CsKvYoF.jpg

JKA
    Relevance 10
    Composition 10
    Quality 9
    Effort 10
    Creativity 10
    Total: 49
    Comments: !!!!!!! Just so much yes about everything about this picture. The colors, the surreal feel, I feel like there is definitely some amazing story behind this. LOVE IT. Also, you’re proof that you don’t need edited backgrounds to make a striking, memorable image.

OnyxIrony
    Ladybug65: 50/50
    Relevance: 10/10
    Composition: 10/10
    Quality: 10/10
    Effort: 10/10
    Creativity: 10/10

Total: 99

x1eJLX7.jpg

JKA
    Relevance 10
    Composition 9
    Quality 8
    Effort 9
    Creativity 9
    Total: 45
    Comments: I love the whole greek mythos feel to this and the setting is gorgeous. I usually love combinations of settings where the game is combined with another aspect, but the line between them is a little awkward and confusing. Overall, though, a gorgeous image!

OnyxIrony
    abelhinha35: 45/50
    Composition: 10/10
    Quality: 9/10
    Effort: 9/10
    Creativity: 7/10

Total: 90

wsrHjEp.jpg

JKA
    Relevance 10
    Composition 9
    Quality 9
    Effort 8
    Creativity 8
    Total: 44
    Comments: Even with it being a gorgeous image on its own, I love the thought you put into it. The colors are great, and I’ll say what the older people from the ts3 forums know about me is that I love fantastic in game pics.

OnyxIrony
    Doicky96: 40/50
    Composition: 8/10
    Quality: 8/10
    Effort: 7/10
    Creativity: 7/10

Total: 84

uSySVyR.jpg

JKA
    Relevance 10
    Composition 9
    Quality 7
    Effort 8
    Creativity 8  
    Total: 42
    Comments: This definitely has the cosmic fantasy I was hoping to see! I love all of the colors together and the general symmetry of the photo. I love the bravery you have with editing; but sometimes it leaves a lot more room for mistakes where the image could have been just as phenomenal without the editing flaws.

OnyxIrony
    Lumi: 38/50
    Quality: 5/10
    Effort: 10/10
    Creativity: 5/10

Total: 80

mc6duCv.jpg

JKA
    Relevance 10
    Composition 8
    Quality 8
    Effort 8
    Creativity 7
    Total: 41
    Comments: This definitely has the fire sign feel to the picture! And your model looks just.. Amazing. Also can I have your skills at cutting? The job you did cutting her is goals. I think, with a few exceptions, I’m not big on mixing realism with the game. A sky? Or abstract background? Sure, but when other creatures or real things with lots of detail are added in I think it creates dissonance to me. Don’t fret, it’s still a gorgeous image and I can’t stop staring at your beautiful model!

OnyxIrony
    Jendowoz0612: 39/50
    Quality: 6/10
    Effort: 9/10
    Creativity: 6/10

Total: 80

iCSmcqa.jpg

JKA
    Relevance 10
    Composition 8
    Quality 7
    Effort 7
    Creativity 7
    Total: 39
    Comments: I actually really like the simplicity of this and the color scheme. I like that their eyes match the symbol at the top, and their gowns blend well with the color scheme of the moon. The twins just seem to be kind of awkwardly floating.

OnyxIrony
    Socallucyfan: 35/50
    Composition: 6/10
    Effort: 6/10

Total: 74

nIn5qRB.jpg

JKA
    Relevance 10
    Composition 7
    Quality 7
    Effort 8
    Creativity 7
    Total: 39
    Comments: I love the bold colors, I love the sky, and I love the symbols. I love the abstract feel of the place she is in; like an astral desert. However, I think the picture would have been even better without the crab at the bottom.
    OnyxIrony
    Vidkid20: 35/50
    Composition: 6/10
    Effort: 6/10

Total: 74
    jz8tDGb.png
  • xJojoxxJojox Posts: 6,878 Member
    SO this is like a mixed contest, with sims, houses and things sims alike?
    for instance, this mock is like creating a room??
    It's all going to be pictures, not necessarily houses. my next assignments will be more abstract kind of. Hint hint, I'm thinking of an assignment like creating a tarot card or a kind of astrology kind of thing. What is different is that you don't have to have the same model in every picture, and the pictures won't necessarily be about your sim.
    jz8tDGb.png
    Cool sounds fun. I like creative contests. I like ones like this! Plus i need to practise making rooms ... so sign me up :)
    The first picture, is make a room? (with or without sim) just to be clear.
    It doesn't matter whether a sim is in the picture or not, and it should be kind of an artistic shot of a room, like show it as an inviting space if that makes sense
    jz8tDGb.png
    no worries i actually have to create a bedroom set for my sims 4 story. two birds one stone i think :)
  • Jendowoz0612Jendowoz0612 Posts: 8,212 Member
    edited June 2016
    Is CC allowed @JKAmarylllis? Regardless, I'll be in it for sure.
    Post edited by Jendowoz0612 on

yes, CC is allowed :)
    jz8tDGb.png
  • ThomasLeThomasThomasLeThomas Posts: 78 Member
    Made a really good picture of a really good modern room, then realised I can't post pictures yet. *fml's to death*
    I got a new blog! Click here!
    aawww... can you link? i'm new to *these* forums. Maybe an imgur link or something?
    jz8tDGb.png
    If you send a link, @ThomasLeThomas then someone can put up a shot for you.

Can't post links :( Guess I gotta go get some posts and points before I can do anything else on this forum
    @thomaslethomas ... post a link with a space in it and someone will post the picture for u until u get ur posts and points up :)
    https:/ /post img. org /image /y3bly8elz/
    Like this? Remove all the spaces
    edited June 2016
    https://postimg.org/image/y3bly8elz/

Thomaslethomas - nice room. can u post the link so it shows as an img.
    This?: https ://s31. postimg .org/ p8arnpptn/ Schermopname_151.png
    it does help if you use img.ur and post the bb code :)
  • JellysimwichJellysimwich Posts: 778 Member
    I'd be interested but my photoshop is not working, which means, not sure I'll be able to resize or do any editing. How much editing would you say will be required for this? And last question, do you have to use a sim? Or can you do without a sim all together? Like, are we mostly focusing on areas rather than models?
    I am keen to see what you come up with. "tarot card" Mmm...very exciting.

Here is my room shot. It is a fairy castle bedroom.

06-26-16_11-43-46nbspPM_zpsn9ae9kcg.png

@Jellysimwich in this assignment yes, we're focusing on the area. and editing is never required in my assignments. I actually thinking tarot card will be a later assignment... seems kinda hard haha. I think... Unless I specify otherwise, a sim isn't even required to be in the picture for any of the assignments. Also, if you guys are wanting to join the competition, do you want to give me a pic of some sort for the contestant wall?
    jz8tDGb.png
  • JellysimwichJellysimwich Posts: 778 Member
    edited June 2016
    @Jellysimwich in this assignment yes, we're focusing on the area. and editing is never required in my assignments. I actually thinking tarot card will be a later assignment... seems kinda hard haha. I think... Unless I specify otherwise, a sim isn't even required to be in the picture for any of the assignments. Also, if you guys are wanting to join the competition, do you want to give me a pic of some sort for the contestant wall?

I need a comp like this in my sim life! No sim models is even better! :D I'll take a spot, especially since, editing is not necessary.

Eta. I should have probably asked when you plan on starting this...I'm spread pretty thin but this is a comp that is refreshing to me and I'd love to join, as long as, entries aren't due in the next week...
    I doubt it, because it won't be long before I go back to work and it will be a few twelve hour shifts in a row... I'll be pooped! I've lost my work schedule, but I'll get a date when I get a new one. I'm going to work on updating with the lovely entries we have <3
    jz8tDGb.png
    B) in the middle of working my 12 hour shifts but will be off work tuesday so I'll likely choose a due date then :) don't forget your square B&W pics for the model wall if you don't want me to just use your avis :)
    jz8tDGb.png
  • BronteDuffy96BronteDuffy96 Posts: 239 Member
    edited June 2018
    delete
    Post edited by BronteDuffy96 on