Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which Mac would better run the Sims 4?

Thinking about getting a new Mac and I was wondering which would better run the Sims 4. These are the specs:
MacBook Air 13 inch (Early 2015)-
1.6GHz Dual Core Intel Core i5
Intel HD Graphics 6000
8GB

MacBook Pro 13 inch with retina (Early 2015)-
2.7 GHz Dual Core Intel Core i5
Intel Iris Graphics 6100
8GB

Thanks!

Comments

• Lunder89Lunder89 Posts: 155 Member
    They would run The Sims 4 identical. The only difference is the MacBook Pro 13" Retina might do it a bit quieter, because its fan asymmetrical, making it seem quieter.
  • flopstar123flopstar123 Posts: 8 New Member
    Lunder89 wrote: »
    They would run The Sims 4 identical. The only difference is the MacBook Pro 13" Retina might do it a bit quieter, because its fan asymmetrical, making it seem quieter.

That's great thanks very much!
    You are very welcome :-)
  • flopstar123flopstar123 Posts: 8 New Member
    I don't suppose anyone would know if either of these laptops would run the Sims 4? Thanks!

Specs of first laptop:
    Processor - Intel Core i5-6200U Processor
    -Dual Core
    -2.3 GHz / 2.8 GHz with Turbo Boost
    -3 MB cache
    Memory (Ram) 4 GB
    Storage 128 GB SSD

Specs of second laptop:
    - Intel Core i5-6200U with Intel HD Graphics 520 (2.3 GHz, up to 2.8 GHz, 3 MB cache, 2 cores)
    - Memory 8 GB
    - Graphics - Intel HD Graphics 520
  • Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    The second one most definitely. If you can add more memory, that will be a big plus as well.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
    The Intel HD 520 can run the game, but don't expect more than medium settings. Try to scroll down and find Sims 4 on this page: NoteBookCheck, Intel HD 520, it is a benchmark on various PC's. They have been test how good they are to play games on. All the numbers are frames per second. 25 is the lowest anything can go before lagging. 30 is where it should be, anything above means there is some headroom, so as an example a busy restaurant with many sims visiting, isn't causing a large slow down, and the game may not lag.

And on the macOS, games usually run a bit slower than on a PC.