Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"See you in an hour"

I would love if this response could be added for when sims call to invite my sims out. A lot of times that exact moment they call is just inconvenient. Maybe my sim needs to shower first or they're in the middle of eating and need to finish that first. I know I can go back and invite them anywhere, but I do enjoy accepting the invitations.

If this response could be added it could bring a pop-up to spawn the sim to that location an hour after the call or even just bring up a menu option on the sim "Go to date/outing/party" With a 2-3 hour time limit where the other sim gets upset if you didn't show up after that time.

Comments

• cuddles5427cuddles5427 Posts: 101 Member
    This actually seems like a very logical option to have. I relate because I feel the pressure of wanting to keep that friendship in good standing but also knowing how inconvenient the timing is. Perhaps a patch could help this?
    SiggyForSimsNow_zpsk1i15rwv.png
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    yeah or just "See you tonight" I really wish they asked ahead of time.

and

I wish I could send sims alone, that I don't have to go with them, that they could just walk out of the neighborhood and go.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • NectereNectere Posts: 1,002 Member
    edited June 2016
    That would be awesome - they could just start the outting timer when you accept, building in an extra x amount of minutes with a banner on the timer that says "Date with DiamondDan Cole at HAHA Arcade" that way you know who and where you are meeting. If you arrive with only 15 minutes to spare before the date is over, well I am sure you and Dan can work something out.
    Mods should enhance my game, not fix it.
    Origin ID NectereSim
  • BeanfootBeanfoot Posts: 602 Member
    I think a system that works akin to real life might be a happy medium as well. I.e. Sometimes you can't change the time of the event (like a party) but you have the option of arriving late. On a date, like @Nectere pointed out, if you arrive supremely late, there could be a repercussion as there might be if you flake on a good friend's birthday party. Other events like eating out or having a meal together should be more flexible, where you have the option of setting the time yourself. Sorry for the organization of this post, I'm trying to sort my thoughts with a migraine.
  • Namor98Namor98 Posts: 42 Member
    Yeah, like in the Sims 3 when you would plan a social event you had to schedule a time so that people could have time to prepare. That would be great.
    Help me I'm trapped in a computer...
  • Namor98Namor98 Posts: 42 Member
    And you had to schedule the party in a few hours time, like you couldn't just start the party right away.
    Help me I'm trapped in a computer...
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    My friend's sim missed a date with Grim Reaper because she was at work! I would really appreciate if you could arrange a time, like you could for parties in ts3!
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    This is appropriat. My Sim, for example, is just sitting on the toilet when the phone goes. They accept and get teleported into a position where they've just 🐸🐸🐸🐸 all over the floor. Or they desperately need a shower to look good and comfortable on their date. Why do I have to be teleported to that resturaunt on the spot?
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Okto84Okto84 Posts: 197 Member
    I hope something like this is added. My sims just aren't always in a good situation to go out, but I could probably sort that out with a little time usually.
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,926 Member
    Yes, that really would help. This helps my sims get ready and sometimes it doesn't make any sence when they arrive immediately.
  • CharKittyBooCharKittyBoo Posts: 569 Member
    This reminds me of the new invitations in CL where a sim calls and asks you if you want to go to an opera or something, and when you accept, nothing happens. If they could fix that in the same patch or something that'd be great
    Family player we got toddlers...my life is complete 1/12/17 best. day. ever.
    7ZDKKOkt.png
    My Plum Family Tree
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    Sounds good!
    We already kinda have that system with the CL careeres: an hour before work you must decide whether to go to work, work from home or take a vacation day. So the suggestion nothing that the game couldn't handle, it just needs to be applied to the invitations :)
  • YardenroYardenro Posts: 376 Member
    yes PAHLEASE!
    so needed

-Yarden.
  • McFizzleShizzleMcFizzleShizzle Posts: 1,632 Member
    This would be so useful, I'm always cheating my sims needs to max when they get invited out so that they can enjoy themselves, but if it's a night then when the morning comes and it's time for work their needs are all way down!
    tumblr_msx1lynGG41rd67d1o1_500.gif
    Origin ID: McFizzleShizzle
  • AutumnBladenAutumnBladen Posts: 295 Member
    Yeah this would be great. I mean as it is the Sims who invite will invite you our for later that night but when you accept you go ojg immediately even though its clearly morning not night.