Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Random Reading Roundabout

Comments

• Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    @CathyTea : I got a pretty scathing reply from someone on that thread from someone who said I should just "split the index up by game and post in the appropriate sections, that's how it should be!" It has me pretty defeated. I've pretty much just accepted defeat at this point and believe I have to leave the forums. I feel like I don't even belong on these forums anymore and just need to take myself and my work elsewhere. -_-;;

I really, really truly appreciate those of you that are supporting me and stick with a "unified" mindview, it is beautiful and makes me feel less alone.

Please hang in there, Mastress. Let yourself feel what you feel--it's so understandable. I'm supporting you with what you feel.

Please wait to make a decision. Let yourself feel everything first.

Then, let's talk more later, when some of the feelings have been expressed.

Let's come up with a strategy, rather than a reaction.

You have so much support here. All you'll need to do is develop a strategy (and I'm happy to help, as will be many others), and then all your support will support your strategy.

Hang in there. Let's find a way not to have this as a defeat.

(By the way, do you know anything about Schumann Resonances, and have you been following their recent spikes? This magnetic shift affects the way many people--myself included--are feeling right now. It's biological, among other things.)

Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    @CathyTea : I got a pretty scathing reply from someone on that thread from someone who said I should just "split the index up by game and post in the appropriate sections, that's how it should be!" It has me pretty defeated. I've pretty much just accepted defeat at this point and believe I have to leave the forums. I feel like I don't even belong on these forums anymore and just need to take myself and my work elsewhere. -_-;;

I really, really truly appreciate those of you that are supporting me and stick with a "unified" mindview, it is beautiful and makes me feel less alone.

OH I am so sorry someone has been thoughtless to you .. I am soooo sorry for that :( you do a wonderful job and have always been a support and blessing! You are not only a part of the simlit community you are a salwart pillar! I have long ago taken a back seat in the forum .. my stings from the mean girls still resonates in my heart .. but the joke is that instead of destroying me it forced me to take other avenues with my blog and my readership has climbed steadily LOL

Remember you are loved by many!!
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    TwiggyTwiggy Posts: 995 Member
    I believe it's horrible that polarization and segregation are things that you so so widely see spread around the world nowadays. More than ever it seems we are to pick sides but this leaves all peeps that are happy with having an open mind to everything and everyone without a home or a place to feel appreciated.

I myself do not understand why this segregation was needed in the forum in the first place but then again, I'm not an active member as other simmers might be. Maybe I'm just a tad too sensitive or too much of a loner and the socially awkward type to be all that active on the forum but know that I appreciate you very much @mastressalita and love the things you do from the bottom of my <3 I can see the passion with which you live your life and I respect and encourage that 100%. If there's anything I can do to make you feel better, let me know!
  • Options
    Twiggy wrote: »
    I believe it's horrible that polarization and segregation are things that you so so widely see spread around the world nowadays. More than ever it seems we are to pick sides but this leaves all peeps that are happy with having an open mind to everything and everyone without a home or a place to feel appreciated.

I myself do not understand why this segregation was needed in the forum in the first place but then again, I'm not an active member as other simmers might be. Maybe I'm just a tad too sensitive or too much of a loner and the socially awkward type to be all that active on the forum but know that I appreciate you very much @mastressalita and love the things you do from the bottom of my <3 I can see the passion with which you live your life and I respect and encourage that 100%. If there's anything I can do to make you feel better, let me know!

<3 wish there were many more like you in forum Twiggy!
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    You make me blush @lisabee2 thank you :) Though, you know what, there probably are tons more but most likely they're just as shy and socially awkward as sensitive peeps like us lot tend to be lol
  • Options
    mastressalitamastressalita Posts: 2,874 Member
    Thanks @Twiggy and @lisabee2 ... it's really been hard. People I thought were friends have even turned on me over the "Sims 3 Creative Corner" simply because I want to see an additional shared space for all Sims games. Apparently wanting both is just too much to ask... Being a Simmer that loves and supports all games is just looked down upon on these forums, and I just find I don't really have a place here.

In any event, I'm working hard on rebuilding the Stories and Legacies Index on Wordpress, as a result of this "hate" against "love-of-all-things-Sims" on the forums. It's going well, but slowly, because I'm trying to make it subject searchable. This will make it very powerful, but it makes the process of porting data very slow.

I'm still using the "orphaned" threads here to spread news about the transition. Namely, I'm taking banners for the new site. If anyone is interested in more info about this, check here for the details.
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    Have a Sim story site? Please submit your link to the Stories and Legacies Index!
    Check out my Simlit at Sim Stories: Hijinks from the World of Sims 3!
    My Simlit Discussion/Updates | The Fringe | Short Story Challenges
  • Options
    Hello hello, lovely simmers

@mastressalita I'm happy to see you staying strong no matter what tho I'm sorry to find that a part of our community is letting you down. Keep us posted on your movements please <3

I've managed to get a chapter out within the week again. Yay :D

Have a great weekend! :smiley:
  • Options
    SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    edited May 2017
    Why they want to touch the stories ? I read the whole stuff makes me shiver. I never wanted to be separated to ts4 writers or ts2 one ! I never claimed that split on us, I never wanted that I use ts2 sometimes for my bsides.
    That's my simlit heart that is broken now.

I just supported a such creative corner for having news and see what I can download from people who plays the same game of me aka houses, patterns,meshes etc and support the game I play the most. I also wanted to share what've done with ts3 players because my ts4 readers and friends can't download my stuffs and uses it , I swear a ts3 creative corner in my own wish never seperates vids and stories. all the work of @mastressalita is absolutely ruined !

Nothing to mess up with the simlit community either the vids. I wasn't the goal ! I read all sims stories and videos.
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Don't worry @Simsophonique Have fun as you see fit without harming others. As in many others parts of our current society, things all seem to be orchestrated to separate people that have more binding them together then they have to segregate them. We all <3 the Sims though should never forget that the love for our fellow beings and mother earth should be even stronger ;)
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Twiggy wrote: »
    Don't worry @Simsophonique Have fun as you see fit without harming others. As in many others parts of our current society, things all seem to be orchestrated to separate people that have more binding them together then they have to segregate them. We all <3 the Sims though should never forget that the love for our fellow beings and mother earth should be even stronger ;)

@Twiggy I know some use can be separated because I can't use a ts4 cc in my ts3 game whereas we all wants to keep our cc from past game to the newest but not our community. And as I said we're not locked, because I am free to share my thoughts and give ideas for the sims 4 , see all the beautiful creations made for ts4 and leave a like and an awesome as everybody is free to come to see and support ts2 and ts3 players as well and take inspiration from. You won't download my latest paintings because the sims 4 version isn't existing. That's logicial ! To be split when it's necessary but not for everything.

But our community shouldn't be splited. As I often say videos and stories are creative corner which are appart from the gameplay creativity. I myself accept everybody who follows me no matter the game they play as support, stories uses gameplay but that's not a gameplay technical stuff same for vids on youtube.

I know I had almost the same speech for cheering you up for your prettacy story last time you were down. smile
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
  • Options
    I wrote a new short story : Jenna ou la Source du mal. Yes the title is in French the text is in simple English.

@mastressalita , @Twiggy ,@lisabee2, @CathyTea: and everybody who reads me here. Please we have to stay open and ready to fight for keeping our simlit community untouched. No way to change something that is speaking to everybody even non simmers because stories overcome the games and gather everybody , wxe are too much divided into sub-community it's hard to make friends and to speak together. Sims stories is like reading a book with sims pictures instead of reading a casual book in libraries with pictures. Even non simmers can come to enjoy what we do. That's horrible.

• Options
    I wrote a new short story : Jenna ou la Source du mal. Yes the title is in French the text is in simple English.

@mastressalita , @Twiggy ,@lisabee2, @CathyTea: and everybody who reads me here. Please we have to stay open and ready to fight for keeping our simlit community untouched. No way to change something that is speaking to everybody even non simmers because stories overcome the games and gather everybody , wxe are too much divided into sub-community it's hard to make friends and to speak together. Sims stories is like reading a book with sims pictures instead of reading a casual book in libraries with pictures. Even non simmers can come to enjoy what we do. That's horrible.

@mastressalita is working on something really awesome that will be an even better resource and SO much fun! :) And we can continue to refer people to it from within the forums, so really, it's the best of both worlds! :)

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    sweetnightingalesweetnightingale Posts: 2,084 Member
    Oh dear! I just came in to wave to everyone but am distressed at the last few posts I've been reading.

@mastressalita - I didn't quite get the full gist of what's been happening as I've not been on the forums too much as of late. Busy life for me lately with coming and going way too much, IMO.

From what I gather, though, people are wanting separate indexes for each game? I don't agree with that. I mean, the stories/entires themselves say what game is used to illustrate the story, and I don't think it really matters anyway. The screenshots are there to ENHANCE a story, in my opinion, not DEFINE it. It seems to me that certain people are appearing to want everyone to take sides and that's not right.

I'm really, really sorry to hear this. :(
    36314395402_b6f8316264_z.jpg]
    Simming With Sweet Nightingale.Forever in Time, Short Stories, and much more
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    @sweetnightingale : The way the forums used to be laid out, there was a Creative Corner that was "for everyone", a Sims 2 Creative Corner, and a Sims 4 Creative Corner. Obviously, the Sims 3 creative community was upset they were the only ones "left out" of having their own creative corner (they had to put their works in the "for everyone" section which also had Sims 4 and mixed content work, OH NOES!), so for months, they petitioned for it in the Forum Feedback... the thread was eventually closed after six months with no word from the Gurus when they started getting "hostile" toward a certain other Sim version (I'll let you guess which one) and calling the creative works from said version "trash" that they had to wade through in the General Creative Corner (since it was a place for everyone, all Sims games posted there, but since it was the only place for Sims 3... well... you can get where this is going... )

In any event, flash-forward to the forum update which happened last week (May 8th or so). After the forums were down for 24 hours, they came back up, totally restructured. There is now a Sims 3 Creative Corner. But the "for everyone" Creative Corner was completely deleted in the process. All the data from that creative corner was simply "ported over" to the new Sims 3 one (regardless of if the story was actually Sims 4, or if the thread was "mixed-content"... like my Stories and Legacies Index, which linked to ALL stories, regardless of game version).

So right now, that is how it is. There are three creative corners, and each is tucked away quietly under each game version. Pick your team. Are you #TeamSims2? #TeamSims3 ? Or #TeamSims4 ? Because that is apparently even how EA's own Gurus want us to behave.

Those of us with "mixed-content" works (stories using more than one version of the Sims, indexes like mine that brought together all games, things like the Short Story Challenge which are open to all Sims versions) now have no place to go. Many people are asking for a "General" Creative Corner to be added, but based on SimGuruDrake's attitude about the recent changes in a different feedback thread I read, it was pretty much, "We are EA and can rearrange our forums however we like and we don't care what you guys think."

So I've decided to "take my business elsewhere," if you will.

Right now I've completely deleted the Stories and Legacies Index content here at these forums (and whether we get a "general" Creative Corner back or not, I will not be returning it here because I don't like EA's attitude). I would, of course, be very happy if they actually did listen and make such an area, because I'm a pro-unity/anti-segregationist and always have been... but the ship has sailed for the SaLI on these forums. I'm in the process of making the index on a Wordpress site; this actually allows it a lot more flexibility than it ever had here. Using the WP "tagging" system, stories will be able to be "searched" by author or subject, for example. The index is going to have a big master list of tags, and if you click on a tag that interests you, say " genre: supernatural " , it will give a listing of all entries registered with the index that have that tag attached. Stories can be sorted by game version this way, by formats like Sims forum or Simblr, and lots of other things too!
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    Have a Sim story site? Please submit your link to the Stories and Legacies Index!
  • Options
    Finally! Are you all ready for Chapter #10 in Rose White's Search for a King? :) It is a bit different and does necessitate a trigger warning ... so pay heed when you enter (I gave it a good long intro)

[img][/img]1jJFu41.png

https://lisabeesims.wordpress.com/2017/05/15/rose-white-search-for-a-king-a-bachelorette-challenge-10-meet-noel/
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    CathyTea wrote: »

@mastressalita is working on something really awesome that will be an even better resource and SO much fun! :) And we can continue to refer people to it from within the forums, so really, it's the best of both worlds! :)

@CathyTea I can't wait to see that ! By the way I wrote in my wordpress a support letter to @mastressalita and I call everybody to stay gather and united publishing all the stories in every/all creative corner of every games to see we're a real big family .

...waiting for the amazing project Sara is working on.

That's here

---

Frankly if I can pay for the sims 4 I might be a multi player from ts0 to ts4 and no place for me at all in this forum except accepting to go to the good section and speak to the right game if so I will be nicely "post it in the x section thanks". However the sims 4 is pricey and I have a bad internet slow connexion, downloading 8GB is too much for my connexion. No way to have the game divided into several part ? No they 🐸🐸🐸🐸 don't care of ! The attitude of the team of the sims is everywhere "I don"t care of you I do what I want and shut up and drive !" in everything even in the forum. No way we claimed for a separation for stories , for videos, for modelings everything that gather everybody.

I just say ok for a creative corner for sims 3 because the forum guru forgot about us and that's not logical for them , but if you go to every creative corner, that's messy and every game is represented. No sort yet. So a good hope to continue to spread our simlit spirits of sharing especially when it touches every simmers and beyond the community.

So yes the gurus forgot about ts3 creativity corner that's not users' fault. They split us for the beggining and after they claim they are the sims forum.
    Now two solutions to say NO to the simlit community split is :

- Boycotting this forum and believe me for our mental health that's better to say goodbye for a long moment. A lot of ts4 players are tired to read negativity all the time making them shameful to play that game they shouldn't because they do awesome stuffs with and people are not often nice with others. They are not respectful.
    - Disregarding the split and share all the stories you are writting in all/every different creative corner each time you see a post called Stories !

I will choose the first solution , now I got everybody in the circle in my wordpress I have no reason to stay as long as a solution is found.
    I am tired of the atmosphere of the forum where everything we say is automatically a wrong thing and there is no respect for the different point of view not a real conversation that things can make slowly a mind changing or something constructive.
    No respect for hard works as @mastressalita does, no recognition for our simlit community.
    Post edited by Simsophonique on
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Oh dear! I just came in to wave to everyone but am distressed at the last few posts I've been reading.

@mastressalita - I didn't quite get the full gist of what's been happening as I've not been on the forums too much as of late. Busy life for me lately with coming and going way too much, IMO.

From what I gather, though, people are wanting separate indexes for each game? I don't agree with that. I mean, the stories/entires themselves say what game is used to illustrate the story, and I don't think it really matters anyway. The screenshots are there to ENHANCE a story, in my opinion, not DEFINE it. It seems to me that certain people are appearing to want everyone to take sides and that's not right.

I'm really, really sorry to hear this. :(

That's I really thought but people wants a pure segregation this forum is pro and we have to fight or to let them with their silliness. A creative corner should stay for the creative part that touches a specific game the others game can't use, we need the simlit community a space to us completely appart from creativity because we do a thing non-simmers can also be implied. A thing we probably won't have ! That's too much demanded.
  • Options
    @Simsophonique I've been thinking a lot about the forums . There is an undercurrent and sometimes an overcurrent of toxicity and meanness . And there's also a lot of kindness , genuineness , collaboration and inclusion .

I can certainly understand people leaving the forums when it's not healthy or supportive .

The approach I'm trying is discernment . I'll stay away from the mean girls , as much as I can , and spend time in the threads , like my reading circles and kindness bench, and with the projects , like the pen pal project , where people are supportive , open minded , and welcoming . And PMs are great , too!

After all , if I hadn't gotten involved in the forums , I wouldn't have gotten to know any of you , and my life and creativity are better for knowing you!

• Options
    Heya, lovely friends! It's been quiet here... I've been quiet here. Sorry :D With everything that's been happening here on the forums and me not having enough time to write, play, read, and be on other endeavors outside of simming at the same time, I find myself posting rarely over here since my priorities seem to be shifting some. Since the start of the year, I've joined the board of the tenants association in my hometown which I like putting energy into though it's taking up more of my time than initially anticipated. Nonetheless, I wanted to pop in to let you all know I appreciate you greatly and love hearing what you are up to and how you're faring. <3

Big hugs
  • Options
    I just finished launching the new Stories and Legacies Index on Wordpress. @CathyTea and @MedleyMisty helped with the importing and tagging of data to get it reopened in such a timely manner. ^_^ It is now located here:

Stories and Legacies Index

If you are interested in doing link-back banners or icons, or doing banner art for the top of the site, just check out the Info page!
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
  • Options
    @mastressalita Congratulations on getting the Index up and running so soon and wonderful to hear that you've had such outstanding help. It must have been a lot of work nonetheless. Kudo's are due! I'll have a look at it right away and will bookmark, hon :)
  • Options
    Hello, hello!

Here's a new update...

I hope you enjoy, be blessed and have a great weekend! <3
  • Options
    sweetnightingalesweetnightingale Posts: 2,084 Member
    Just popping in to say howdy to everyone. I hope you all are doing well and that you're having many warm days. I've been quite busy as of late and am trying to get caught up on both my reading and updating my stories. All of them need a good deal of TLC, but I'm getting there. I've been trying to get in some reading here and there (thank goodness for my IPad), but it's slow going. I'll get caught up eventually.

@mastressalita - Man! I'm so sorry this happened to the index and the forums. I'm not a fan of the whole separation thing, so it's a shame this had to happen, The threads I participate in have members who use different versions of the game and we get on well. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it," I say but apparently, there are those who don't feel that way. :(

I'm glad you got the index up and running on its own blog. It'll probably make it easier to maintain, and if the forums go down for whatever reason, it won't affect the main list. I'm glad you kept the gateway open though because that helps to direct people over to the blog. I said this before, but I completely am blown away and very admiring of the amount of work you put into this. You're amazing!

Wishing everyone an awesome day. :)
    36314395402_b6f8316264_z.jpg]
    Simming With Sweet Nightingale.Forever in Time, Short Stories, and much more
  • Options
    JaneSimmerJaneSimmer Posts: 7 New Member
    Hey guys its JaneSimmer, check out my blog where I post sims 4 stories and photos!

http://janesimmer.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    Murky update ...

What is up with Lisabee ... I think she is starting to lose it!

On top of that, she is getting a bit roly-poly. Trash fruit must be high calorie!

OH well ... All is well that ends murky!

43NglMk.png

https://lisabeesims.wordpress.com/2017/06/10/the-post-apocalyptic-murkland-starter-challenge-11-the-end-well-the-end-so-far/
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger