Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No more ads for free simpoints?

11Marrielle11Marrielle Posts: 87 Member
Since several weeks I've been able to watch very few to no ads. One shows up maybe every three days. And 50% of the time, there is no video showing up so I end up wasting that one chance of getting a few simpoints.

I have tried multiple browsers and computers but it doesn't change. I've known times when I could keep playing those ads all day, now there are none showing up at all. Just what is going on, is there anything I can do about it or are more people experiencing this? I gave it some time as the website has been worked on, but still no change.
You may copy or save my posted images, but do not claim them as your own.
Wishlist: here.

Comments

• Options
    xxnearlyperfectxxxnearlyperfectx Posts: 683 Member
    Since several weeks I've been able to watch very few to no ads. One shows up maybe every three days. And 50% of the time, there is no video showing up so I end up wasting that one chance of getting a few simpoints.

I have tried multiple browsers and computers but it doesn't change. I've known times when I could keep playing those ads all day, now there are none showing up at all. Just what is going on, is there anything I can do about it or are more people experiencing this? I gave it some time as the website has been worked on, but still no change.

I have the same problem as well and I wish they always had it on because when you see nice stuff it is hard to not want on the Sims 3
    4Wv5dIG.jpg
  • Options
    TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    edited June 2016
    I've been getting several hundred simpoints worth of adds almost every day since the 15th, before that there were some days when I was lucky to get 50 points worth. I seem to get better luck with IE, but I've also used Vivaldi, Opera, and Firefox. I just make sure not to have any ad blockers running, or whitelist the store address. I also find that I seem to get more adds very late at night. If I try several times a day it's possible for me to get 500 points if I'm patient.

I also get some ads in which the video never plays, and some ads which play the video but never pay out at the end, and blue windows with "no survey available". Maybe 50-60% of the ads I find actually pay anything out at all, which is disappointing.

edit: I also find that the ad button is often not immediately present when Store pages first load up. If I wait a few minutes and surf other sites, or just other pages of the Store, the ad buttons will show up eventually. When they stop appearing I'll try other Store pages, but often I just have to quit and try again later for more ads.
  • Options
    I know @TreyNutz I used to get more ads early in the morning (not sure about late at night). I've tried several browsers and they don't seem to make a difference so far.
    I've been getting more ads lately though, they're really just a few but at least I can get some points... Maybe 20 points a day. :( It's going to take a long time to get Lucky Palms this way. xD
  • Options
    Well I'm at my dad's place now, brought my own laptop and the ads won't stop coming! :o
  • Options
    JahnnaJahnna Posts: 406 Member
    Lucky you! I don't get any or "No survey available at this time".
    I own the store since March 4th, 2017! Thanks to everybody who has helped me achieve this!
    TheSims3.com: Jahnna
  • Options
    Jahnna wrote: »
    Lucky you! I don't get any or "No survey available at this time".

Well I don't visit my dad too often... So not very lucky.
    Now I'm getting some ads but they never give points.
  • Options
    GITTE2001GITTE2001 Posts: 2,638 Member
    edited August 2016
    around the time you made this post, I was able of watching lots of ads - in a few days, I got 400 simpoints more. Then it just stopped all of a sudden.
  • Options
    JahnnaJahnna Posts: 406 Member
    GITTE2001 wrote: »
    around the time you made this post, I was able of watching lots of ads - in a few days, I got 400 simpoints more. Then it just stopped all of a sudden.

The same happend to me, it can change. Try and clean your browser cache and cookies and/or use another browser.
    I own the store since March 4th, 2017! Thanks to everybody who has helped me achieve this!
    TheSims3.com: Jahnna
  • Options
    Maria5993123Maria5993123 Posts: 102 Member
    I'm seeing a boat load of ads but not getting any simpoints in return from watching them any way to fix this? or let EA know?
  • Options
    msb069msb069 Posts: 3 New Member
    This has been going on for about 2 weeks now. This has been discussed at the EA help forums.
  • Options
    LaracroftEyes1LaracroftEyes1 Posts: 296 Member
    Come EA us Simmers need Simpoints add to our profile page
    d10f10cfadd5b2e97043ba6ec57f8ced.jpg
  • Options
    dragontatoesdragontatoes Posts: 4 New Member
    > @Maria5993123 said:
    > I'm seeing a boat load of ads but not getting any simpoints in return from watching them any way to fix this? or let EA know?

The only ad that shows up to me is some video for Cadillacs, and it has never rewarded SimPoints. The video just ends and stops there. It's pretty annoying. :/
  • Options
    axlorgaxlorg Posts: 2 New Member
    Agreed, I've been watchings some ads but even after a day I don't get anything back.
  • Options
    bridget33bridget33 Posts: 3 New Member
    I've been missing simpoints from watching the ads for the past few weeks and just noticed some of the points were credited to my account today. Strange.
  • Options
    Jerry4Jerry4 Posts: 32 Member
    Ads stopped showing up for me altogether i dont know if everyone else has this problem
  • Options
    LaracroftEyes1LaracroftEyes1 Posts: 296 Member
    Jerry4 wrote: »
    Ads stopped showing up for me altogether i dont know if everyone else has this problem
    Now the bonus video icon gone what's give?

d10f10cfadd5b2e97043ba6ec57f8ced.jpg
  • Options
    zza418sdh72zza418sdh72 Posts: 2 New Member
    ok wierd gave upon simpoints then started getting simpoints for no reason?
  • Options
    no simpoints have been added and now I haven't seen an ad in days! is anyone seeing any?
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Pretty sure they completely removed this.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    cocococo Posts: 2,726 Member
    No ads for me either, I've been checking every day :disappointed:
  • Options
    Panda_14616Panda_14616 Posts: 3 New Member
    I have been looking for this button for the last few days and have not seen it once. I have tried different browsers, computers, even my tablet and nothing. This is starting to make me angry.
  • Options
    I really hope the ads aren't gone forever, has anyone asked a guru about it?
  • Options
    MidrealmDMMidrealmDM Posts: 7 New Member
    > @Maria5993123 said:
    > I really hope the ads aren't gone forever, has anyone asked a guru about it?

I contacted EA Help - they were useless as usual,
    Basically saying they didn't know, the game was 'too old', and they would forward the concern to someone else.
  • Options
    Panda_14616Panda_14616 Posts: 3 New Member
    I am on chat with some at ea they seem kinda clueless.
  • Options
    maybe I'll try tweeting at a guru and see what happens? they use to hang out on the forums maybe someone can get their attention that way