Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 5?

simmy_sanesimmy_sane Posts: 52 Member
Do you think there will ever be a Sims 5? If so, what could possibly be new?

Comments

• Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited June 2016
    I don't know...

They could pull a TS3 and recycle most of TS4 and use the same engine, they'd know it better by the end of TS4, I wouldn't mind much, but I don't think they can even honestly do much with it either (the engine), they have lots of trouble to bring us content, might as well start scratch again and just recycle the audio files.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    No I don't. There may be another Sims game..mobile/app/online thing, but the series I think is dead, it won't be the same. They were not even going to make a 4, they just stuck the number on the product after their failed project.

There is still a lot people have been asking for that they have not done. Farms, a true medieval world (sandbox, not the scripted, questing Sims Medieval), more age groups, sports, there is plenty more that's just off the top of my head. Fans have asked for a lot of things we never got they could do.
  • plopppoplopppo Posts: 5,031 Member
    simmy_sane wrote: »
    New developer.

*bad plopppo*
  • cuddles5427cuddles5427 Posts: 101 Member
    I think plopppo has the right idea. For a Sims 5 game I think there'd have to be an entirely new developer. Also, when/if the game is released, it probably won't be for about a decade. Slightly different graphics (debatable as to better graphics) is what I think could be expected.
    SiggyForSimsNow_zpsk1i15rwv.png
  • lexylongcatlexylongcat Posts: 72 Member
    I think 4 sims games is more than enough, to be honest. I was already kind of skeptical with the Sims 4... (That's probably why I don't have it, lol)
  • ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    Yes I am quite sure there will be a Sims 5 too and that it still will be a PC game with a huge number of expansions. The reasons are:
    1. The sales numbers for the Sims 4 seems to be very satisfying (even though the game is also criticized a lot) because EA won't want to miss the huge income from selling all those expansions. So EA wants to release TS5.
    2. Such a game isn't possible yet for mobile devices. But EA will still be able to make other Sims games which are more suited for such devices. Therefore EA will almost certainly continue with separate Sims games for both PCs and mobile devices. (I don't know about consoles though.)

I expect the Sims 5 to be released about 2019 because there usually have been 5 years between each version of the big PC Sims games (although there were only 4 years between TS1 and TS2). So EA will probably continue with expansions for TS4 until 2019 and then release TS5 which will be a different game - just still with all those many and so extremely profitable expansions (from EA's viewpoint).

I don't think that we can guess any of the main new things in TS5 (just like we couldn't for TS4). But I still expect toddlers to return because EA knows that people will be very interested in this. EA probably thinks that toddler lovers can just still play TS3 instead of TS4 if and when they miss the toddlers too much. So I don't expect toddlers to return until TS5 is released though.
  • WeirdAlienWeirdAlien Posts: 23 Member
    Personally, I hope they improve TS4 before they start working on TS5 (although they are probably already brainstorming). If a TS5 comes, I hope they make the game as beautiful as TS4, but with an open world. I also hope they spend longer time creating the game so it is not released with lots of bugs.
  • CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    edited August 2016
    Tbh i just want them to end the sims 4 now and work on the sims 5 tbh
    Post edited by Ciarassims on
    giphy_1.gif
  • Linds_the_kittyLinds_the_kitty Posts: 565 Member

Yeah, might continue until The Sims 20 or something. I think that's up for the developers to decide.

Yeah, might continue until The Sims 20 or something. I think that's up for the developers to decide.
    I would consider that unlikely because such series usually don't last that many years. If EA still will release new basegames with 5 years between them then it would take 80 years before the Sims 20 would be released ;)

The problem is that we don't know the future technology at all. But 25 years ago all computers were stationary and laptops didn't exist and 10 years ago smartphones and tablets didn't exist. Now we also have smartTVs which I believe soon also will be used for playing big games even though they aren't used that way yet. But which new gaming devices can we expect to be invented during just the next 20 years? And in the next 80 years? ;)
  • RisakishoRisakisho Posts: 52 Member
    I really do hope they do. I mean I'm a big simmer and thinking of this franchise ending is pretty heart breaking to me. Played Sims 1, 2 and 3...now 4. Plus Sims Bustin' out on my dear ol' ps2. So...it really does make me feel bummed thinking the sims 4 really is the end. But! In high hopes, yes sims 4 has been selling out very well...despite of so much complaints (I'm guilty of it) lol...but in high hopes yes....
    b8EQfn6.gif
  • lovlyblovlyb Posts: 968 Member
    I think there will be a TS5. They are not done with it yet!
  • CirceGrangerCirceGranger Posts: 38 Member
    I hope not! I just got the Sims 3?
  • Juliette_CappJuliette_Capp Posts: 50 Member
    I do not own the Sims 4, but I have played it on a friend's computer, just to test it out; she always gets the latest Sims things before I do. Therefore, I feel comfortable saying this: The Sims 4 needs to be patched up before the franchise progresses. I was disappointed with a few aspects of the Sims 3, so I was shocked at the horrific state of the Sims 4 when it was released. The lack of Toddlers, NPCs, pools, etc., appalled me; I ran straight back to the Sims 2, the one I felt got the most things right. That being said, here are some things I would like to see in the future:

-The ability to hold babies and toddlers while doing other things
    -The ability to tuck toddlers and children in at night
    -Interactive jobs where your work performance correlates with your relationship with coworkers as well as your skills
    -Interactive teaching career
    -Absolutely no rabbit holes
    -The ability of children to cook themselves a meal in the microwave
    -Homeschooling option
    -Rocking/recliner chairs that work
    -Interactive Elementary and High schools
    -Height differences in CAS

And this last idea (for now) may be unpopular, but as someone with a physical disability, I would like that to be a CAS option as well.
  • ANIMALSadorerANIMALSadorer Posts: 56 Member
    Yes, I hope so.
  • SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    edited August 2016
    I just hope they don't make it a "fremium" product. "Fremium" games are worse than demos - you have to pay for every little piece of premium content you want (including making the game work at the speed it should instead of real-time), rather than unlocking all the paid content in one payment. And if they make it multiplayer, I hope they have a single player option or I won't get it. I didn't get the latest version of SimCity either, until they offered a single-player option. Furthermore, other players should not be able to make any changes to your game, though I'm not opposed to their viewing lots in my game. Finally, if it is a tablet game, and not a PC game, I probably won't get it because the memory on my tablet is already nearly full, and if I do, I refuse to pay more than $5 for a tablet game. (16 GB doesn't go very far.)
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
    I do not own the Sims 4, but I have played it on a friend's computer, just to test it out; she always gets the latest Sims things before I do. Therefore, I feel comfortable saying this: The Sims 4 needs to be patched up before the franchise progresses. I was disappointed with a few aspects of the Sims 3, so I was shocked at the horrific state of the Sims 4 when it was released. The lack of Toddlers, NPCs, pools, etc., appalled me; I ran straight back to the Sims 2, the one I felt got the most things right. That being said, here are some things I would like to see in the future:

-The ability to hold babies and toddlers while doing other things
    -The ability to tuck toddlers and children in at night
    -Interactive jobs where your work performance correlates with your relationship with coworkers as well as your skills
    -Interactive teaching career
    -Absolutely no rabbit holes
    -The ability of children to cook themselves a meal in the microwave
    -Homeschooling option
    -Rocking/recliner chairs that work
    -Interactive Elementary and High schools
    -Height differences in CAS

And this last idea (for now) may be unpopular, but as someone with a physical disability, I would like that to be a CAS option as well.
    The Sims 4 was designed to be much more laptop friendly than the earlier Sims games because not many own the stationary PCs anymore which the earlier Sims games mainly was meant for. So the Sims 4 has smaller simplified neighborhoods without hills and with other omissions and simplifications too. This can't be fixed now.

But even laptops become more and more powerful every year. So I am sure that the Sims 5 again will be a bigger and less simplified game when it probably will be released around 2019.
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    I wouldn't get my hopes up for it being any good.
  • ginger170ginger170 Posts: 148 Member
    I've got a design which leads to "The Sims 1 Remake"
    Ideas Corner > New ideas & Fan Designs.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/897080/new-ideas-and-fan-designs#latest

If you could choose out of:

The Sims 5
    or
    The Sims: Remake

Which would you choose for 2019 ?
    The second choice would be released 2 - 5 years later.
  • PhoibePhoibe Posts: 66 Member
    I don't know. But I agreed with WeirdAlien. I really hope the Sims 4 will become more exciting. Actually I don't need a TS5.
  • CharKittyBooCharKittyBoo Posts: 569 Member
    I wouldn't mind if they just stuck with TS4 and continued to improve it. I wouldn't want them to go back to the realistic style, I just like the cartoony stuff better.
    Family player we got toddlers...my life is complete 1/12/17 best. day. ever.
    7ZDKKOkt.png
    My Plum Family Tree
  • Mia_KitoMia_Kito Posts: 507 Member
    I have been playing sims since they first game out. I still play the Sims Complete Collection from time to time, but the pets does not work correctly for some reason in the game. Nonetheless, any traditional simmer knows that with each version they tried to make the game a little more realistic.
    I remember seeing the previews for the sims 2 and the amazing part was watching their hands become actual hands and not boxes at the end of the arms. It blew my mind!
    Then the Sims 3 came out and you were able to see the whole neighborhood and it was incredible, that was something you could not do in the original or sims 2.

I was very disappointed to see the Sims 4 become a cartoon style. For years and years and we pushed for more realism, more options, more detail, etc. And I felt each time they started a new sims series it accomplished some of these goals. However, in my opinion, the Sims 4 took a step back, so progress was lost. I still have not purchased anything from the Sims 4 series and I never will. I still continue to play my sims 3 and hope that the next version will get back on track with realism, but I know that is not likely going to happen.
  • jaletu2005jaletu2005 Posts: 688 Member
    Well I have just been reading something very disturbing! They are thinking of going the augmented reality route for sims 5. You know, like Pokémon Go. You would see your sim sitting on your couch in your home!

NO! Sorry but I cannot see how this would work or even be interesting. Are they trying to just kill this franchise off permanently? Sure VR is the future for a lot of games but you cannot turn this game into Pokémon Go.
    Screenshot-5.jpg
  • MarcustzbMarcustzb Posts: 140 Member
    Lol.. If sims '5' is possible, they should keep the logo or 'Reboot' it..
    Find me via Origin, Search by my name from my profile :)
  • SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    No please no sims 5 , it will lighter than the sims 4 .We need improvement on our oldies (sims 2 - sims 3) and a serious work on the sims 4 before.We don't need a sims 5 either a reboot.
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)