Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What are all the ways to make an old sim young again? & Gossip

Victoria Inkbeard is 975 days old. She is living on borrowed time. Her bar is so full, she could die anytime. How can I make her young again?
Let's gossip! Victoria moved in with my sim. Partner:None. So I checked her family tree. She had a brother who died. She has children and grandchildren. Nothing about her husband, until I clicked her children's family tree. Shorty John Inkbeard.... He is the father of her children. Why did they break up? He is still alive.
It's Spring now, Did they break up after I started playing or were they over when I started?
This lady is one of the only sims my sim has found attractive. He likes the elixir store clerk, but she is really thin, greenish, old & really scary looking. So scary looking my game refuses to load her. It's like she is invisible.
I don't want to cheat. I want her to remember everything and put it in her book thingy. :#

Comments

• Options
    MinxMinx Posts: 1,221 Member
    There is a LTR that allows you to be young again. The chemistry table has a potion and alchemy table as well. I can't December if the genie offers a way as well.
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Fountain of Youth can potentially restore a Sim's youth - it is a premium item with the Store world, Hidden Springs.
    Alchemy skill from Supernatural can teach the Fountain of Youth Elixir, which a Sim can then make if they have the ingredients.
    Young Again Potion is probably most accessible, as it is available with Lifetime Happiness Points earned through play. It is a rather expensive reward, but meeting your Lifetime Wish should put you about half way there.
  • Options
    SimKeatsSimKeats Posts: 2,186 Member
    If the sim is actually all the way through elder stage, a youth potion from science/alchemy may not work, I have had some wonky issues from time to time.
    Like, use potion on elder, nothing happens, or, use youth potion, and it basically shuffles their CAS settings (I've had that happen when teens fail to age to adults too though).
    If your sim is actually finished with elder stage, like the green age bar all the way across, and you try a potion, let me know how it turns out.
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    I had a sim with the age bar filled for real life weeks. Then I suddenly decided I wanted her young again and her young adult husband used the chemistry table. He made her the elixir and she drank it and became younger than her husband because it takes them back to the start of young adult.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    I would just cheat, testingcheatsenabled true and editing in CAS ;)
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    Getting a tattoo at the salon should reset her age back to beginning of elder (you know, if you're pressed for time and waiting to be able to purchase or make a youth potion).
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    R3B3CKVHR3B3CKVH Posts: 473 Member
    Easy fix. Do testingcheatsenabled true, then shift click, Edit Sim in CAS, and change her to an adult or young adult.
    Split Reflections: A Sim Story by R3B3CKVH
    www.splitreflections.wordpress.com
    Be Sure to Subscribe
    "To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment."
    -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
    tumblr_lz7l7oGCyn1qevqqyo1_500.gif

• Options
    McToshMcTosh Posts: 638 Member
    I don't want to cheat.

She said she doesn't want to cheat and I get that, I hate cheating too, takes something away from the game as a whole when you do that.

Glad OP asked this question though as I was wondering myself since someone told me on another thread there's an anti-ageing potion. I'm already having my Sim learn alchemy so I can figure it out ;D
    ewb7fssg3zet.pngingame: commandermctosh feel free to add ;D
  • Options
    R3B3CKVHR3B3CKVH Posts: 473 Member
    Yeah.. Reading comprehension fail.

Does disabling aging count as cheating, because that's in the game settings.
    Split Reflections: A Sim Story by R3B3CKVH
    www.splitreflections.wordpress.com
    Be Sure to Subscribe
    "To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment."
    -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
    tumblr_lz7l7oGCyn1qevqqyo1_500.gif

• Options
    StilettoBlackStilettoBlack Posts: 3,844 Member
    I'm trying everyone's suggestions. I achieved her lifetime want of having 50k. She has over 40k life points. 30k until the youth potion. I bought a chemistry table. No one has had time to make potions yet. I'm going to send her to get a tattoo. She is a pirate lady, she needs a tat to buy her time. Thank you all.
    This lady, Victoria Inkbeard, is a raging drunkard. She is "Super Juiced" 24/7! I've never even seen her drink juice. I guess she hides it. I've never seen sim that stays drunk all the time! I hope she stays that way when I turn her young. She is quickly becoming my favorite sim! <3

• Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Oh - I forgot the gossip!

Did you know that Aubrey de Montsalvat is filthy rich? I never would have guessed! :dizzy:

Im8mL3E.jpg
  • Options
    Now I'm on my computer I can post a couple of pics of my elder sim becoming young again. I used the chemistry table to do it. Her young husband gained a lot of logic skill in the process of making her potion and made one to turn his imaginary friend real while he was at it.

This is his Imaginary Friend watching Percy discover new potions on his chemistry table.
    Percy008.jpgfree photo hosting

Lorna drank her young again potion
    Lorna002.jpgupload images free

And became young again
    Lorna007.jpgimage hosting over 5mb

I gave her a new hairstyle and clothes and they went to the Magic Gnome's Magical Treasure Park for some fun. They got separated because they are Sims and went off in different directions. When Percy found her again she was getting help from a stranger to do a keg stand.
    Lorna019.jpgphoto sharing websites

And Bo bo drank his potion too and became real
    Percy_And_Bobo004.jpgpicture share

Bo bo and Lorna have both added to my game as it has progressed. They've had babies and done all sorts of things.
  • Options
    marstinsonmarstinson Posts: 367 Member
    @RosettasStoned If time is an issue and you don't want to cheat, two suggestions come to mind. I'm surprised no one mentioned eating Ambrosia. That would return you to day 1 of the Elder Stage. but working on the Alchemy end of the question (because I like Alchemy B) ):

First, stop by Allistair's Elixirs. The Fountain of Youth Elixir shows up for sale fairly frequently, although it will usually set you back a couple of thousand Simoleons. This might also be true of chemistry potions at the Consignment Store, but I don't know since I do most of my consigning through Allistair's. At any rate, it saves the time and effort of working up the Alchemy skill.

Second, travel to someplace like University where aging is disabled. Plop down a chemistry station or Alchemy station and work up the skill. You have to purchase the Fountain of Youth recipe, and it's a Level 9 recipe, so you don't have to completely master the skill to get the benefit, but you do have to get pretty close. The spawners outside of Allistair's will eventually produce the butterfly you need, the 'shroom can be found just about anywhere, but the Tanzanite can take a bit of searching.
  • Options
    McToshMcTosh Posts: 638 Member
    thanks for that marstinson!
    ewb7fssg3zet.pngingame: commandermctosh feel free to add ;D
  • Options
    StilettoBlackStilettoBlack Posts: 3,844 Member
    Thank you, marstinson!
    I wrote a huge reply to you last night, then before I could post it, I lost it. Has that ever happened to you? Anyway, you were very helpful. Thank you, again.
  • Options
    marstinsonmarstinson Posts: 367 Member
    Thank you, marstinson!
    I wrote a huge reply to you last night, then before I could post it, I lost it. Has that ever happened to you? Anyway, you were very helpful. Thank you, again.

More times than I care to count (because I'd have to own up to my age if I did). At any rate, you're most welcome. A third option (still going with Alchemy) occurred to me, but I've never tried it since it goes through the admittedly borked online systems. I occasionally pop a wish to send a potion to a friend (I habitually cancel it since I haven't done the coop aspects of the game), so it's apparently possible for online friends to send potions to each other. I suspect this is done through thesims3.com, but couldn't tell you one way or the other whether it actually works or not. If you've got friends (the online kind), you might see if someone could send you a Fountain of Youth elixir.
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited June 2016
    I chase Sims around with Fountain of Youth elixirs all the time.Wayy to many incidents and screenshots to post.I am the terror of the elderly females who are Beauty Queens disguised as Geriatric cane crawlers and Wrinkle walkers.If you were once Miss Roaring Heights in your 20s but now you are 80 and barely climbing stairs..

I will find you. :trollface:

As far as gossip goes.

Rumor has it that there is a Elderly female Sim hiding in Barnacle Bay who was once the most beautiful sim in town.She was known for her freckles and blonde hair and flirting with all the male sims in her younger days.Was quite the schmoozer and a expert gardener who loved growing vegetables..
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    marstinson wrote: »
    Thank you, marstinson!

More times than I care to count (because I'd have to own up to my age if I did). At any rate, you're most welcome. A third option (still going with Alchemy) occurred to me, but I've never tried it since it goes through the admittedly borked online systems. I occasionally pop a wish to send a potion to a friend (I habitually cancel it since I haven't done the coop aspects of the game), so it's apparently possible for online friends to send potions to each other. I suspect this is done through thesims3.com, but couldn't tell you one way or the other whether it actually works or not. If you've got friends (the online kind), you might see if someone could send you a Fountain of Youth elixir.

It works. You have to have the elixir in your Sim's inventory and it does vanish as it is sent to the other person. I think I remember it vanishing. You both have to have Supernatural installed and you have to have the elixir in your sim's inventory to be able to send it.