Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tiny Shoppe: A Community Lot Contest **Winners Announced!**

Comments

• MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    Sonia016 wrote: »
    Your Name: sonia016

Name of your Shoppe: Cookies And Cream Pets Cafe

Fully or Semi-Functional: Fully Functional

Type of Shoppe: Pets Store and Cafe

List of Content Used: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8989511

Download Link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8989511
    Oh my gosh, I really love the colors on that lot! It's gorgeous!
  • HoplassHoplass Posts: 369 Member
    I really want to upload my bakery, but RL is a bit difficult for me right now so I don't feel like going in game. Right now I can't even if I wanted, because my desktop decided to shut down without my permission and go on some sort of epic updating. After 30 minutes it's only at 3% :s .

I should be able to upload this weekend but if not I'll place it here anyway for who likes to see.
  • SjappielovePaulSjappielovePaul Posts: 4,794 Member
    Hoplass wrote: »
    I really want to upload my bakery, but RL is a bit difficult for me right now so I don't feel like going in game. Right now I can't even if I wanted, because my desktop decided to shut down without my permission and go on some sort of epic updating. After 30 minutes it's only at 3% :s .

I should be able to upload this weekend but if not I'll place it here anyway for who likes to see.

If you're on Win10 as well, I also had a big update recently. To me it's for the better :)
    Don't forget to take care of yourself every now and then in this big chaotic world!
    pkJ66Kv.png
    Some links that helped me a lot:
    Missing Store Stencils / Free Kiddy Stuff / Daily Deals / Daily Deals Spreadsheets / The Gifting Directory
    edited October 2016
    Yes, I'm on Win10 but I don't notice any difference, except starting up the sims takes even longer than it did before :p

Well, I uploaded my bakery as well!
    Your Name: Hoplass
    Name of your Shoppe: Cake Couture
    Fully or Semi-Functional: Functional I think (not sure!)
    Type of Shoppe: Bakery
    List of Content Used:
    content%20bakery_zpszhedesw5.jpg
    Download Link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8993119
    Pictures:
    The bakery:
    Screenshot-6_zpshdkaiood.jpg
    Downstairs with toilets and I added a small office for the owner. You know, paperwork and bills and stuff:
    Screenshot-11_zpszokwcrgw.jpg

Screenshot-7_zps96clybh9.jpg

I added a small corner to eat cake downstairs:
    Screenshot-12_zpsf5tbd35p.jpg

and upstairs there is a little extra space for having tea:
    Screenshot-9_zpstw7zwqzj.jpg
  • LadyEmillyeLadyEmillye Posts: 19,238 Member
    Very nice Hoplass.

I'm going to eat, get a few things on the go here and then I'll be play testing and then judging each entry :)
    Very nice Hoplass.

I'm going to eat, get a few things on the go here and then I'll be play testing and then judging each entry :)

Oah! Very exciting :)
    Don't forget to take care of yourself every now and then in this big chaotic world!
    pkJ66Kv.png
    Missing Store Stencils / Free Kiddy Stuff / Daily Deals / Daily Deals Spreadsheets / The Gifting Directory
    Exciting, and have fun playtesting!
    Alright, so play tested and everyone's entry is there. Some I had to make changes from Fully to Semi and when I write the comments I will explain why, so please bear with me. Just gonna have some supper and put my thoughts down and get scores done.
    I just want to say that you have all done an amazing job with each of your Tiny Shoppes. I have enjoyed seeing them all in game. You should all be very proud of yourselves. That being said, if you feel you have received a score lower than what you expected, please do not feel discouraged, this was truly a difficult decision, but one I would happily discuss via PM. I do believe I gave just cause in the comments, but sometimes, we don't always feel that to be the case.

The scores were done in order via Fully and then Semi Functional. Once you have read the scores, please see the bottom of this post for our top 3 winners.

@renyerookami

Creativity: 7/10
    Functionality: 5/5
    Pictures: 10/10
    Total: 22/25
    Comments: This is a really nice pet supply store. While play testing, the town really seemed to enjoy it and would visit as soon as it opened and start buying supplies right away. (I don't think they all had pets to buy for, but some future adoption maybe).

@EvaKouk

Creativity: 7/10
    Pictures: 8/10
    Total: 20/25
    Comments: What a great little spot to buy furniture. The owner could easily expand on this by placing it on a larger lot and adding a few levels. But it's great for a small town. The owner could also be a salvage junkie and refinish old furniture thrown away.

@creativemetaphor

Creativity: 7.5/10
    Total: 22.5/25
    Comments: What a great little store for like Sunset Valley or Hidden Springs especially. I really like the layout of the store (inside and out). Some of the items I kind of wish could be bought, but it still had a lot of what someone would need for their lawn and garden to keep it looking lush and green.

@DrewRavida

Creativity: 9/10
    Total: 24/25
    Comments: Wow, this is a really amazing specialty store, you have the showrooms done up so nicely and with plenty of space to change things up as needed. You can easily make this a store to fit every season, not to mention the ability to expand and make it an amazing specialty store or department store as there are plenty of levels.

@SjappielovePaul

Creativity: 9.5/10
    Total: 24.5/25
    Comments: Turning the store's exterior to an actual teddy bear is a great and amazingly creative idea. Your interior is lovely and each floor is a wonderful treat to browse through. This would be a great little shop that can last the ages.

@Kylieb191

Creativity: 9.5/10
    Functionality: 4/5
    Total: 23.5/25
    Comments: Creating a cake styled building was an amazing idea and the interior is well done as well. The shop itself isn't fully functional, as for the Bakery Set to work properly, it would need to be set to Hangout from the beginning. But still, a little elbow grease and some hard work and the owner could have a modest little income.

@Hoplass

Creativity: 8.5/10
    Functionality: 4/5
    Total: 22.5/25
    Comments: Much the same as with Kylieb's entry, this is not a fully functional shop as it was set to Visitors Allowed rather than Hangout. But still this is a wonderful shop that one could find in a city or town and just relax a bit.

@Sonia016

Functionality: 3.5/5
    Pictures: 9/10
    Total: 21/25
    Comments: This is such a cute store, the exterior and interior look stunning. While the Cafe part works well, the Pet Store isn't functional at all. You would either need to place the Pets Register or use the Savvy Collection. Easy fixes for someone interested in have a Pet Cafe.

@MiaSkywalker

Functionality: 3.5/5
    Total: 22/25
    Comments: This is something I can see being back in Medieval times, an advanced one that had stoves and fridges of course. I changed it to Semi as it was not quite like I would expect. A butcher shop would have meat on display to buy (which can be a little weird having to use the omniplant to make that happen, but a lot better than going to a grocery store buying turkeys and patties and such). At least acquiring fish to sell would be easy enough. The retail store is a bit confusing to me as well, as I am not sure the actual relevancy. The menu as well doesn't transfer, but an interesting idea once the menu was set to a more medieval type. All in all, this is something I will enjoy adding to my game to use and seeing how it changes over the generations.

1st Place @SjappielovePaul to be gifted by me
    2nd Place @DrewRavida to be gifted by @ZeeGee
    3rd Place @Kylieb191 to be gifted by me.

As an added bonus, everyone who had participated but did not receive a top prize will receive one consolation prize of no more than 100 sp. Please comment with a link to your wishlist and the item(s) you would like to be gifted (or the wishlist of the person you are transferring too)
    Oh wow! Thank you :) I feel so honoured!

I can imagine it was a tough choice, there's so many amazing lots here! As soon as I can really play again I will make sure to download them all. Maybe make a small world and fill it up with all small lots.

@LadyEmillye, can you get this person The last Venue of Amore for me?
    pkJ66Kv.png
    Thank you :)
    pkJ66Kv.png
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    Congrats to all the winners! @DrewRavida Please link to your wishlist and tell me what items you want.
  • DrewRavidaDrewRavida Posts: 335 Member
    Wow!!! Thanks for choosing "The Showroom", I really had fun making this lot and thanks for every who downloaded and recommended it. I also appreciate all of your lovely comments. Thank you again :)

BTW @ZeeGee, here's my wishlist.... http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=DrewRavida . It's items 1 thru 7... Thanks in advance...
    edited October 2016
    You made great choices, @LadyEmillye! I thought all three of those lots were wonderful. I thought several others were wonderful as well, so it had to be a tough decision, but I think you chose very well. :)

And I agree with you about the comments on my lot. Haha! I couldn't figure out at all how to make it selling meat, which is what I figured it SHOULD be. Maybe I should have just foregone that and left it purely a place to eat. :)
    You made great choices, @LadyEmillye! I thought all three of those lots were wonderful. I thought several others were wonderful as well, so it had to be a tough decision, but I think you chose very well. :)

And I agree with you about the comments on my lot. Haha! I couldn't figure out at all how to make it selling meat, which is what I figured it SHOULD be. Maybe I should have just foregone that and left it purely a place to eat. :)

Thanks. Probably one of the baking racks or display cases from the bakery collection. Not perfect, but then again, I have paved roads and cars in a pioneer setting lol.
    DrewRavida wrote: »
    Wow!!! Thanks for choosing "The Showroom", I really had fun making this lot and thanks for every who downloaded and recommended it. I also appreciate all of your lovely comments. Thank you again :)

BTW @ZeeGee, here's my wishlist.... http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=DrewRavida . It's items 1 thru 7... Thanks in advance...

Gifted :)
    You had a tough job @LadyEmillye but I think you made a great decision! Congrats to the winners!!

I'm totally happy with my score, it being my first store and all :D .
    I do have one question in general (it has nothing to do with your decision!!!). I don't understand anything of that lot type, I do know when to select graveyard, but that's about it :p. So if not obvious I select visitors allowed. Can anyone explain a little bit on how this works with selecting lot types, so maybe I can do better next time? That would be awesome!

As for the consolation prize, that's really sweet! I would looooove the Ravena dress (second on my wishlist) if that's possible?
    http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=hoplass

Thanks for hosting this contest!
    edited October 2016
    Hoplass wrote: »
    You had a tough job @LadyEmillye but I think you made a great decision! Congrats to the winners!!

I'm totally happy with my score, it being my first store and all :D .
    I do have one question in general (it has nothing to do with your decision!!!). I don't understand anything of that lot type, I do know when to select graveyard, but that's about it :p. So if not obvious I select visitors allowed. Can anyone explain a little bit on how this works with selecting lot types, so maybe I can do better next time? That would be awesome!

As for the consolation prize, that's really sweet! I would looooove the Ravena dress (second on my wishlist) if that's possible?
    http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=hoplass

Thanks for hosting this contest!

The Bakery Set for whichever reason will only work when the Lot Type Hangout is selected. Otherwise, if your sim was to go to it, there would be empty displays with nothing to buy. Kylie had the same issue. And once the building has been built with anything but Hangout, you can not change it to Hangout in order for the Bakery Set to work, it stays "defaulted" I guess to the original Lot selection, even if it says the lot type changed. We've tried to get hers corrected to no avail.

Best rule of thumb is to see which Lot Types EA used for their venues as I am sure there is something in the coding.

The Bakery Set will work, but the owner of the establishment would have to create the dishes or use the Cupcake Mod if you'd rather not put in all that extra work lol.

Gifted ^.^
    Oh, I didn't realize you said all entries get a consolation prize. I own the store, so give @Hoplass a second gift instead. :)
    Aw, thanks so much @MiaSkywalker ! <3

And thanks a lot for the explanation @LadyEmillye , that will help with future builds :D . And thanks for the dress (indeed mysterious) and @ZeeGee for the hairstyle!
    Thankyou @LadyEmillye for the outfit. I thought I already received yours and Mia's gift, so I feel really spoiled now! :blush:
  • DrewRavidaDrewRavida Posts: 335 Member
    Thanks @ZeeGee for the gifts :)
    You're welcome @Hoplass and @DrewRavida :) LE, looking forward to your next idea!
    I will definitely have to think on it. I was wondering if I should do something for the holidays but there is not a lot of people around and simpoints are hard to come by. Although i do have a stash. ;)