Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I wonder if the new police station will be the first of more to come with new careers

marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
I would love to see more from both ambitions and get to work like,

Architectural designer
Stylist
Interior designer
Fire station
Ghost hunter
Hospital
Seience lap

And some new ones
Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

Comments

• ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    The game says that more professional careers will open up when we have completed the tutorial at the police station. So I wonder what they will be ;)
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited June 2016
    Erpe wrote: »
    The game says that more professional careers will open up when we have completed the tutorial at the police station. So I wonder what they will be ;)

Where does it say that please?

Not seen it myself?
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

edited June 2016
    It was a message when I sent my first sims to work at the police station.

Now I have two sims working there. But they have to use different workstations all the time. So I don't think that I will let more sims switch to that career - at least not before I have unlocked more than 3 workstations :)
  • SimGuruEmmaSimGuruEmma Posts: 118 SimGuru
    *ahem*

giphy.gif
    Community Engagement Manager - The Sims FreePlay + The Sims Mobile - Firemonkeys and Maxis
    It seems that I probably misinterpret that message and it also seems that we can't have more than 2 sims at work at the police station at the same time even though we can have more sims with that workplace.

@SimGuruEmma But now I have a problem because all my 3 workstations are already at lvl 6 while my police officers still only are rookies at lvl 1 or the beginning of lvl 2. This means that I can't improve my workstations more because I need to unlock other workstations first to get the required items. But I can't unlock more workstations until I have leveled a police officer to lvl 6 which is likely to take about a week. So letting me level up my 3 workstations to lvl 6 in just one day seems to be poor timing and is therefore probably a bug in the update?
    edited June 2016
    @SimGuruEmma This update seems to be extremely buggy if we switch away from the police station while our sims are doing their tasks. Apparently Firemonkeys assumed that we wouldn't do that. But if we switch away and then return then all the tasks will nearly always be finished immediately. We will get the rewards too. But the counter won't go up. So we will have difficulties about about reaching the 25 tasks that allow us to finish work early,

Personally I usually won't stay at the police station waiting minutes for my sims to finish their work. I switch to other sims or to the neighborhood view instead. This is probably the reason why I was able to level up all my workstations to level 6 in only one day without even using LPs or trading. It is probably also the reason why I was able to let my sims do about a hundred tasks each before their work shift ended without the task counter reaching higher than about 10/25 after 8 hours.

The problem is the same in both the iOS and the Android version. So it affects both my games. The counter only goes up if the tasks isn't ended prematurely by switching out and back to the police station. But if I stay in the station then the counter goes up when I let my sim end the last task for a "customer" in a natural way.

Edit: We can quit the game and play other games. This doesn't give problems when we reopen the game and enter the police station again. We just can't switch to another house within the game or to the town overview while our sims are doing tasks at the police station unless we want to get the described bugs (which are advantageous if we want to improve the workstations fast - but certainly not if we want to let our sims go home early after finishing the 25 required tasks for this.)
    Post edited by Erpe on
    Hmm... The new update which came this morning for both iOS and android and claimed to be about coloring Easter eggs seems to have solved my problems :) So apparently it was instead just a bug fix under a false name :D;)