Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Willingly Writing Reading Circle (On Hiatus)

Comments

• friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    xJojox wrote: »
    Hi @AdamsEve1231
    Tomorrow i post the finale of fine lines after a long 15 months. But this will be the last time i discuss it as i am moving onto another story.

I hope in dicussing this story everyone can celebrate its completion with me too after 191 chapters....

i think i'm only up to 6.

its not that i read slow its because you write fast. and i joined ww late.
  • Simcraft81Simcraft81 Posts: 499 Member
    @AdamsEve1231 still working on feedback for you :)
    @xjojox Congrats on Completing Fine Lines!
  • Piazzagirl1015Piazzagirl1015 Posts: 2,500 Member
    @AdamsEve1231 My apologies as I just seen it was only the LP chapter of I&S to read. I could have answered these days ago as I'm almost finished with the second part.

1) Who is your favorite character in the LP episodes and why? I was going to say Ethan for this but after a while I thought he took his attraction to Kass too far. I thought it was cute when he was trying to protect her but breaking into Billy's house or even being there was just not right.

My answer would have to be Audrey for this one. When Claudia was giving Kass a hard time and Kass was getting used to the job Audrey sort of took Kass under her wing. She also called Kass out on her behavior when she slacked off of work due to her relationship with Billy. She was a good friend to Kass.

2) What was your favorite setting in Lucky Palms (i.e. Graffiti Park, St. Astrid's, the wishing well, etc.)?

I liked St Astrid's as it seemed like a beautiful and peaceful church. Just the right atmosphere to reflect on life and yourself which Kass needed.

3) Kass spends the first few chapters contemplating life and choices. How do you feel this defines her personality? Do you see a shift from earlier chapters with Kass (from KCLKF) or do you think she stays the same?

Kass had a lot of changes in her life at an age where a girl turns into an adult. Not only did she have to deal with other changes she still had a future to plan. She does need to find out what she wants from life and who she is. I still think in many ways she is still confused and obviously she is still making mistakes but I think eventually she will slowly change into a woman. Change never happens overnight it takes time.

4) What are some of Kass' greatest strengths? What are some of her greatest flaws or growth areas?

Kass tries to care and help others which I think is both a strength and a weakness at the same time. It is wonderful that she cares for others but maybe she tries to take on too much so there isn't enough time for herself. When she arrived in LP she was caring for her father, got herself a job and was tutoring Ethan. She had taken on so much responsibility that she needed an escape for herself which of course left her wide open for someone like Billy.

5) What surprised you the most about LP episodes?

The whole Billy thing really surprised me. Kass didn't seem like the type to just drop all of her responsibilities to the point that they did. She wasn't going to work and if she did go she was late and I felt so bad for Ethan when he was waiting at the library for her to show up.

6) What are your thoughts on my worldbuilding components? (I leave little notes at the bottom of most chapters explaining aspects - do you think this takes away from the magic or helps put things into context?)

I personally like them as it gives more information. I definitely think it adds to the story.

7) I talk a little more about EXCES, a disease caused by the rejection of alien DNA, and Howard's struggle with EXCES in the LP episodes. What are your thoughts about this?

In the sim universe we deal with many different types of life states. It would make sense that their health and lives would be a little different than our and might have different diseases to deal with. We do need to use our creativity when dealing with these different life states. While these different life states might be magically or have powers superior to humans there still might be a downside. By creating a disease effected by this DNA we see this downside along with Howard and Kass' struggle dealing with this disease.

8) What do you think of the addition of Audrey and the "supernatural" aspects?

I like the fact that you did bring this in. In real life we are always hearing about different types of prejudices so I could see supernatural prejudices happening in a fantasy world where they exist.

9) There are three prominent men in Kass' life during the LP episodes - Howard, Billy, and Ethan. What do you think of their interactions with Kass? How do you feel they influence Kass (for good or bad)?

Howard-He is a wonderful loving father. At first he didn't seem that way but in this part we see that everything is not as it seems and there are always two sides to every story. He is trying to make up for lost time and form a loving relationship with his daughter even when he has to step in and be a father. When she was flaking off her responsibilities it was Howard who had to talk some sense into her.

Ethan-I liked him at first. I thought he was a sweet kid and I always knew he had a crush on her. However later on with the breaking into Billy's house, following them and him telling all his friends that Kass was his girl I sort of changed my mind on him. In fact it seemed kind of creepy to me.

Billy-I guess you already know how much I dislike him from the comments I left. I knew he was a player but he talked Kass into leaving her responsibilities to spend all her time with him. He was selfish and manipulative. He also sort of left out some important information about that modeling job on purpose. When Kass wouldn't pose half nude he made sure to give her enough liquor to convince her and than left the money in her handbag like she was a 🐸🐸🐸🐸. I have no tolerance for this man at all.

@AdamsEve1231
    I love the idea of Graffiti Park/ Haven. As I read Kass' description of the place I kept thinking to myself is it a place that's open 24/7? lol. I'd love to go here and join in the many forms of expression but not sure I would want other artists adding and contributing to my work when I'm not there lol. Too bad about the pond. I feel if I were there the smell would bother me. I enjoyed her Dad's reaction to her stories. Just hearing that he cried at certain parts is powerful. EXCES deserves a spin-off story in itself. I've said it before but I think there are lots of directions you can take that unfortunate disease. Claudia...just wow lol. I can understand that she's close to the kid but still she didn't have to go after Kass like that. I get the feeling in real life she'd be one of those arrogant people that are loud and angry at the world and want people to share in her misery lol. It didn't like how she blurted out that remark of Kass dating him in front of his dad. I like how Audrey defended Kass. She really didn't have to since she just met her but she could see how Claudia's words were so uncalled for. That dating site comment had me like.. 'Really?' Putting her arm around her too! I am liking this series! I'm sorry for not giving you feedback sooner. I will be contributing a lot more as I'm being more organized with my work schedule and content of my own lol.
  • AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    @xJojox, @Simcraft81, @Arrowleaf, @swcheppes, @friendsfan367, @Piazzagirl1015, @Munterbacon, @Dancer-freak

Checking in to see how you're all doing. We finished discussion on my story last week. Thanks to everyone who gave me feedback. I'll respond in detail more later.

We're a week into Fine Lines (which is totally worth the read and addicting). As a friendly reminder, try to read at least 1-2 chapters to show support for our fellow writers.

Anyone have questions for the writer?

@xJojox any questions for us?
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • xJojoxxJojox Posts: 6,878 Member
    I will definitely come up with some questions for everyone within the next day or so. ... thanks for reading.
    I will definitely come up with some questions for everyone within the next day or so. ... thanks for reading.

i'm still toward the begining everytime i try and catch up my reading something happens in real life.

and i kinda lost track of where we were schedule wise.
    edited October 2017
    @xJojox, Omg, girl. I just finished the epic Fine Lines. And I'm feeling all sorts of emotions. :):'(:o<3 But definitely inspired to return to my own Kass. It's been too long. Congrats!

And I've got questions.

How does it feel to be done?
    At any time, were you tempeted to change something from the original storyline or did the TS4 game force you to change anything?
    What inspires you as a writer? What helps you get through chapters? What motivated you when you were feeling overwhelmed (since it's a long project)?
    What was the hardest part of writing? What's your favorite part of writing?
    What's your personal favorite scene?
    Favorite Abby look?
    Justin? Sean? Or Joe? All amazing and different characters. How did you develop them?
    What's in store for you next?

I can't wait to read more ;)

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest

i'm still toward the begining everytime i try and catch up my reading something happens in real life.

@friendsfan367 I haven't updated the home page. :/ Opps but we're reading and discussing Fine Lines through Friday.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest

@friendsfan367 I haven't updated the home page. :/ Opps but we're reading and discussing Fine Lines through Friday.

thanks i didn't mean to get lost just had a couple of busy weeks. i'll try and read a little tomorrow .
    New 'Spooky Day' Entry!
    DNTIO-bVwAAzI41.jpg
  • xJojoxxJojox Posts: 6,878 Member
    YOUR ANSWERS : @AdamsEve1231
    How does it feel to be done? When i actually finished it ... i was upset. In fact when i did finish it, i went back for more than a week changing it and trying to make it longer. I procrastinated the final chapter pictures for more than a week too because i didn't want it to end. But the writing part was finished for a while before i caught it all up with pix. It was odd how it made me feel really. I thought i'd feel relieved... but i wasn't. I had been writing fine lines for more than 18 months and between road blocks and sometimes my schedule i never thought i was going to get there.

At any time, were you tempted to change something from the original storyline or did the TS4 game force you to change anything? YES! It forced me to change everything. You have no idea how much changed. Sean was supposed to disappear from the story line by chapter 90, Joseph was supposed to stay in the story line to the very end, Abby was supposed to br pregnant at chapter 98, and Dylan was supposed to stay in the story til about chapter 178. And that's just a handful of things that was supposed to happen. The story in general from its a original turned out completely different in the end. It was not the same at all... MY BIGGEST thing i was gonna change was kill Justin off from that car accident... I considered it for more than a week and even wrote it before deleting it. But i knew it would change Abby's character too much for her to recover.

What inspires you as a writer? What helps you get through chapters? What motivated you when you were feeling overwhelmed (since it's a long project)?
    When i get a bug to write, i just go for it! I just keep going til it's sun up if that's the case. I always wrote ahead of time so if i did find a road block id have chapters to keep readers happy in the mean time. But inspiration wise, is going off a good idea ... and realising my sims can't tell the story i see for them. The sims is repetitive and it starts with a "wouldn't it be cool if?". As far as motivation, the thing that kept me going is the dedicated readers. I actually realised that there are so many unfinished projects out there... and i am committed once i start something.

What was the hardest part of writing? What's your favourite part of writing? The hardest part of writing is when you have to write according to the age of the character and think about what a 19 year old girl would do. We have seen a 16 year old little brat grow up too fast and make silly decisions about important things. I really wanted to smack some sense into her, but i knew why she did them too. She hit a roadblock herself at 16 with something happening to her. Rebellious behaviour, having some mild daddy issues AND being an only child made her a little spoilt and a little childish all the time which even make me feel frustrated. But i liked her with flaws! I figured it would make her more interesting as a character ... than boring plain Jane. My favourite part about writing is pleasing my readers ... or when someone finds my story out of the blue and realises what they missed. It still warms my heart.

What's your personal favourite scene?
    A lot of them. I enjoyed writing a lot of the intimate scenes with the guys in the story. To choose one i impossible. Since i like the boys all in different ways. I will explain that in a few questions down. But surprisingly i liked the chapter when Justin finally lost it and had the smash. That was extremely upsetting to write actually. But i still liked it.

Favourite Abby look? Probably the blonde. Stardom makes you change! But i use her as a blonde as a model for most of my ts4 poses because its my favourite. I wasn't gonna change her red, but she was made from a character of mine (before it all started) called Victoria Venice that was made for a contest. I felt i needed to do it because Victoria was cherry red. After the contest was over i enjoyed working with her so much ... she became my favourite sim, and therefore she became the host of my story.

Justin? Sean? Or Joe? All amazing and different characters. How did you develop them? Justin has always been my main man! I developed him initially as being the bad boy next door. He was all against commitment only to fall hard and fast for her. Perhaps it was the reason he didn't want to commit. He's an artist (started from graffiti writing ) and he turns out to have a fabulous talent. Artists are passionate, emotional and feel things a little different to other people. Justin has had his fair share of trauma too but it never shows. He needs a woman just as much as Abby needed a man. He used to use women until he fell in love with one. His character could go on and on with why he is the way he is ... but people get him towards the end. He is short tempered, angry, loving, obsessive, passionate and has a beautiful soul deep down.

Joseph, he is very independent, a little quiet and reserved and really wasn't cut out to be the superstar that he is. He is a man that wanted a real life, but wanted to do what he loves more than anything .. and that's music. He too suffered the BAD things that came with stardom too which was his down fall many times in his life. He had a world of problems too that stemmed from the loss of Helena and his father, but he is lucky to have some strong women in his life to get him through his tough times. I wanted him to seem like a dream come true to Abby ... but over all a fantasy. I wanted it to seem like he had everything and was blinded by the fame. But as we saw his character develop slightly, Abby realised he was very broken. Even though he seemed like a dream come true.

Sean, beautiful beautiful Sean. The ultimate bachelor and rich guy but not a snob. Funnily enough you could tell his mother was, but he often disagreed with her. He has the most pure heart out of any one. He has the tendency to be a womaniser BUT never tries to hide it. He was always straight forward about what he wants and never used anyone. In fact i made him a safety net and all round good guy to be there for Abby that was going to be there for her all the way through her journey into stardom since i knew Rachel couldn't. I associated Sean with a smooth man from England with a strong British accent. Australian women enjoy a man with an accent .. so it would be very easy for Sean to get what he wants ... and he has OLD money too which makes him filthy rich! What's not to like? But his willingness to bend over backwards was always supposed to be appealing. But no one really took to Sean the way i hoped they would. He was quirky about their relationship and always never steered far from his womaniser ways ... but he was also my favourite, that's why i kept him around to the very end.

What's in store for you next? Fine Lines spin off!!! A much shorter spin off. Maybe a 30-50 chapter story seeing into the life of Sean! It's called Chasing Hearts. And it will be out when i finish Fine Lines epilogue. I'm still doing picture less chapters to show Abby's ever After! This will see it all the way to 200! So i have 7 more parts to go before it will lead straight into Sean's story. (I definitely have a soft spot for Sean)
  • Piazzagirl1015Piazzagirl1015 Posts: 2,500 Member
    @xJojox Going to start reading your story later today or tomorrow. I've been a little busy lately so I'm not sure if I will know enough to answer any questions but I will leave comments and will answer whatever I can.
    Simcraft81 wrote: »
    New 'Spooky Day' Entry!
    DNTIO-bVwAAzI41.jpg

@Simcraft81 yay!

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    my schedule opened up . i don't have to leave the house again til friday morning.

• ArrowleafArrowleaf Posts: 3,871 Member
    Hey everyone!

I promise I'll begin catching up on everyone's story right away. I'm sorry I was gone for a while. My computer is finally fixed (and I survived Irma) so I am going to try to start catching up on all my reading asap. <3
    4s8gctV.png
    The Landon Legacy Wordpress // Forums|
    Chasing Rainbows: Wordpress // Forums
    Arrowleaf wrote: »
    Hey everyone!

I promise I'll begin catching up on everyone's story right away. I'm sorry I was gone for a while. My computer is finally fixed (and I survived Irma) so I am going to try to start catching up on all my reading asap. <3

yeah for surving irma and a fixed computer.
    Arrowleaf wrote: »
    Hey everyone!

@Arrowleaf So glad you are okay!

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest