Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Willingly Writing Reading Circle (On Hiatus)

Comments

• AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    edited June 2016
    Just read your first chapter @CreamierThanMami and I am impressed. I am looking forward to reading more. I wish I had more time to read now, but I've got to get to other things. Until later...great start!
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Julyvee94Julyvee94 Posts: 6,694 Member
    Updated front page ish and I say ish because I'm still waiting for a yay or nay or ideas on some things.

@xJojox and @Julyvee94 thoughts on schedule and/or Sim of the Month?

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • xJojoxxJojox Posts: 6,878 Member
    edited June 2016
    my schedule so far...
    My sets are complete! im currently in the picture taking process and final editing stages of my written work.
    oooo i wanna share my sets so bad, im soooooooo happy with how they turned out.
    Post edited by xJojox on
  • xJojoxxJojox Posts: 6,878 Member
    edited June 2016
    Forums Name: @xjojox
    Author's Bio: My name is Joanne, but my family and friends call me Jojo. Always been called that since i was kid. I was born and raised in Southern Australia with an all Australian family. I'm in my early thirties and currently on hiatus studying my nursing degree, due to kids and family. Hope to be returning to that soon! Speaking of children i have two, a boy and a girl. One 13 the other 3. They both keep me on my toes considering i have a moody teenager and a toddler that destroys everything lol. My hobbies have always been the sims. Ever since i was 18, I haven't had a part of my life really where i haven't been playing it or doing something creative using the game. So between wrangling kids, studying and normal everyday stuff ... the sims is my hobby and my outlet to have some fun too.

Story Overview: Fine Lines - No link yet, coming soon!
    Abby Greene : Drama Queen, singing star, brat, confused ... take a pick! :smile: Abby has reached the stage of maturity or let's say immaturity? And her life has taken a massive turn for the worst. The only way Abby can deal is continue down a road of rebellion against this brand new life change. But in the meantime, making mistakes, finding love, and finding herself. This teenager is still unsure what she wants, and is striving to find it as she is growing up. It's only a matter of time before Abby begins to realise how many fine lines she will cross between love, hate, loss and gain ...
    I started on @CreamierThanMami s story today, it's really drawing me in. I think it's the most creative backstory for a baby challenge I have seen so far :) will continue reading tomorrow
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    edited June 2016
    Is the first post still right about open slots? I wanted to limit myself to one circle but... :p
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
    @InfraGreen if you'd like to join, that's great. Make your introductions below and we can make it all official like.

I think one other person made a comment about joining our little circle so once I know for sure, I'll add the names and we are full up. Then I can inform CathyTea over at the Reading Circles thread we are good to go.

Actually I'm glad you made a comment because this gives me an excuse to get caught up on Eight Cicadas. ;)

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • CreamierThanMamiCreamierThanMami Posts: 684 Member
    Thank you, @AdamsEve1231! Trust me, this next chapter that I'm writing is going to add a whole other layer of depth to Ginny's world.
    Fotor0510194637_zps0hyuxnv8.jpg
    If you like my story, contributions to my wishlist are appreciated!
    Quick, silly little game update since you said that those were okay here.

You see, in Journey of a 1,000 Miles, Fawn Of Joon is supposed to be a cool, collected, mysterious figure in my story. And yet...

Screenshot_25.jpg

It's really hard to make him that when his resting face is so 🐸🐸🐸🐸 goofy. I usually have to physically pose his face in Pose Player to make him look half serious...
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    @CreamierThanMami: I never use in-game seated animations in TS3 because of that. At least in TS4, you can kind of control their expressions through emotions (though those tend to look pretty ridiculous too. Trial and error, friends :p).
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • JLBDreamerJLBDreamer Posts: 622 Member
    Ok so I decided to throw my hat in. I'm not sure what story I want to suggest yet though. I could try what I did in another circle and take votes I guess. lol.

So I'm supposed to do introductions?

I'm a 40 year-old that loves gaming, animation (including anime), comics (including manga) and a wild imagination that makes people feel they have to shake their heads and constantly remind me I'm "childish". Well that or they kindly tell me I'm young at heart. lol.

I love writing so I always have more than one story going. The challenge for me is not to have too many going at once. lol.

Is that enough of an intro?
    edited June 2016
    Testing, testing...for some reason, the forums absolutely refuse to allow me to post. I have no idea why. It keeps telling me that my post is "five characters too short". And of course, adding five characters does absolutely nothing. Oh, forums. Why must you be as buggy as the game?

Chapter Nine of Baby Steps is up. If you like how much detail my challenge has, you're going to love the bombshells I drop here.

But more importantly, I got Ginny to woohoo with this freak, lol:

Screenshot.jpg

Can't wait to see those babies. *shudders*

@JLBDreamer Seems like a perfect introduction to me! Welcome to the thread.

I always wished that I had the dedication for multiple Sims stories, but it's hard enough for me to update the one.

• Simcraft81Simcraft81 Posts: 499 Member

Forums Name: @Simcraft81

Author's Bio: I remember getting the first Sims game after doing well on a test in school. I played for hours that night Lol. I took photos of my sims and added a caption to each pic so it would play out as a simple story about the household. Back then I didn't have the luxury of Internet and being able to share pics with other Simmers. This was around the time Sims Vacation was out and my laptop was Windows Millennium edition. Lol the lag was terrible when I'd add an expansion pack. I took a break from the sims and actually missed out on TS2. My cousin let me play it but I never got it for myself. I didn't think my laptop could keep up with the graphics and I was into other games. I got back into The Sims when '3' arrived and by then I had a new laptop :) It worked smoothly with no lagging. With YouTube blogs and sims forums, I'm able to go beyond pics and captions and actually write short stories and share them. I'm inspired by Marvel and DC comics. I like how their characters exist in the same universe. I actually designed trading cards for my sims reminiscent to X-men, Batman and Wrestling cards I used to collect as a kid lol. I just like creating things, sharing and seeing what other creative people come up with. Other hobbies are music making, drawing, graphic design and computer art. Good to meet everyone!

Story Overview: Sim Story - Reaching goals aren't always easy, especially for a Sim living in a town of revelations, mixed feelings and familiar faces...

Note: I'm not able to insert links because I'm still listed here as a New Member. Sorry for you all having to type it out.

www.smcrft81simstory.blogspot.com/
    @CreamierThanMami I have The same Problem. I think this happens when the body starts with bbcode e.g. A link. When you put normal characters in front of it, it works

@AdamsEve1231 woah now we have 3 more people and probably DreamsInPixels too? I thought we only had 2 more Spots :/ this happened in my first circle as well. I don't want to throw any one out again of course. But I might not be able to read this many stories especially since I already have a circle.
    @AdamsEve1231 @Julyvee94 If you're already full up that's fine. Just take the first two that responded
    Been reading the first part of Kass' life, @AdamsEve1231. I'm absolutely hooked. Kass is really getting dragged through the wringer, isn't she? I hope things look up soon.

Also, I'm completely suspicious of Davis. That guy is up to something...

Welcome, @Simcraft81. I think you have to have one hundred posts to be able to post links, though I'd be lying if I said I remember.
  • Simcraft81Simcraft81 Posts: 499 Member
    Thanks, @CreamierThanMami Were you able to get to my blog site?
    Yes, @Simcraft81. It links.
    edited June 2016
    I just posted the fourth chapter of "Until it Breaks" and looking at the writing this is one of my favourite I've written (I've written 10). It really adds a lot to the story and brings in a lot of suspense. The screenshots were kinda hard because it involves a party and the party guests just didn't do what they were supposed to do. But it worked out in the end :)

EDIT: Oh, here's the link :)Chapter 4 - Shocked and Shaken
    edited June 2016
    JLBDreamer wrote: »
    Ok so I decided to throw my hat in. I'm not sure what story I want to suggest yet though. I could try what I did in another circle and take votes I guess. lol.

So I'm supposed to do introductions?

I'm a 40 year-old that loves gaming, animation (including anime), comics (including manga) and a wild imagination that makes people feel they have to shake their heads and constantly remind me I'm "childish". Well that or they kindly tell me I'm young at heart. lol.

I love writing so I always have more than one story going. The challenge for me is not to have too many going at once. lol.

Is that enough of an intro?

Absolutely! That's fine. What story do you want us to include/follow, @JLBDreamer? And then give us a quick synopsis!

EDITED: Okay, I should've read further before I replied here. If you wish to stay, please do. If not, I understand. My bad about not carefully monitoring numbers here. Sorry everyone! :/

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    @CreamierThanMami Ugh! Bugs and difficulties. I see you worked it out though since you managed to post. :) yay!
    Quick, silly little game update since you said that those were okay here.

You see, in Journey of a 1,000 Miles, Fawn Of Joon is supposed to be a cool, collected, mysterious figure in my story. And yet...

Screenshot_25.jpg

It's really hard to make him that when his resting face is so plum goofy. I usually have to physically pose his face in Pose Player to make him look half serious...

You're right. It's a rather amusing face. :)

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    edited June 2016
    I'm sorry. I've been lapse about monitoring how many people we have in our circle. I don't want to throw anyone out either, but I think we really need to cap everything now. @JLBDreamer If you want to stay, don't feel obligated to leave unless you want to...

I believe @DreamsInPixels isn't joining our circle because of wanting to post a story first.

@Julyvee94 If we do a round robin, like focus on one person's story on month, or extend the "catch-up" period, would that help? @xJojox hasn't posted yet, and most of us, minus me, have only a few chapters up, though I could be wrong so hopefully that makes it easier. I should've set the cut-off sooner but I've been distracted and busy.

@Simcraft81, welcome. I'll add your name and synopsis on the first page. I'm pretty sure along with @CreamierThanMami you have to have a certain number of posts. It's because you're a new member and it's to prevent spam, I believe.

I wasn't sure if we officially added @InfraGreen although I had unofficially held a spot for you in my mind.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    If anyone feels like the circle is too crowded, I believe there are other circles forming too. Not saying anyone needs to leave, just throwing this out there as an option.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    Is it not full? I don't want to overcrowd it if it is.

As for the story I'd pick one not in a circle already. Maybe let everyone vote? I'll check back here tomorrow and put up a post with the stories to choose from.