Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Willingly Writing Reading Circle (On Hiatus)

Comments

• AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    Welcome @CathyTea . I like your answers. :) thanks for joining us.

@swcheppes that's great hair! Love the inspiration.
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    @xJojox you have a beautiful new avatar.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • xJojoxxJojox Posts: 6,878 Member
    35872090070_875a56f056_b.jpgFlower Girl by joanne_8121, on Flickr

This the full edit that i did a few weeks back :)
  • swcheppesswcheppes Posts: 3,027 Member
    Just wanted to post these again in case anyone missed them. I would love to hear from you guys about my story.

Super Dating Discussion questions
    -What do you think of the main character, Erin? Is she relatable? Do you agree with how she handled certain situations throughout the story
    -Pop culture, especially the comic book world, plays a key role in this story. Do you feel it enhances the story or hinders it? Would the story work without it being centered around comic books and superheroes?
    -Let's play Marry, F***, Kill with Erin's three men in her life. Out of Chris Hemsworth, Jason Momoa, and Henry Cavill who do you marry, who do you f***, and who do you kill?
    -Towards the middle of the season we were introduced to Lilith. She seemed nice at first but could be seen as a bit of a bad influence on Erin. What are your thoughts on her? And where would you like to see that relationship go?
    -For the first time in this story I played with the wardrobe. Meaning instead of my man characters always in one outfit through out their story I've given Erin many options for each wardrobe category. Is this something that appeals to you as a reader? Is it distraction having the outfits always changing or does it bring you more into the story and the world that is being created?
    -Erin is faced with quite the decision at the end, some would say it's impossible. Who do you think she will chose, who should she chose, and who would you chose?
    suRdkSd.jpg
    I saw them, @swcheppes. I'm in the middle of writing a paper but I'll try to respond soon.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    @swcheppes
    -What do you think of the main character, Erin? Is she relatable? Do you agree with how she handled certain situations throughout the story. I think she has handled them the same way anyone would really. Because i noticed myself being a like her. Stupid in love, go through men a bit ... lol and think the same things she does when she talks about life. It is very relatable coz i found myself nodding along to some of her thoughts.

-Pop culture, especially the comic book world, plays a key role in this story. Do you feel it enhances the story or hinders it? Would the story work without it being centred around comic books and superheroes? I like comics, and i love marvel and DC all round. It was interesting ... I wouldn't say hinders it or anything. But when you were inside Erin's head when she talked about real things ... the comics and famous people killed the realism to it (if that makes sense). But they were also needed to follow the comic part of your story.

-Let's play Marry, F***, Kill with Erin's three men in her life. Out of Chris Hemsworth, Jason Momoa, and Henry Cavill who do you marry, who do you f***, and who do you kill? Marry Henry Kill Chris And Get Jiggy With Jason :) lol. Based purely on the story and how i like the characters. But in real life the order would be totally different.

-Towards the middle of the season we were introduced to Lilith. She seemed nice at first but could be seen as a bit of a bad influence on Erin. What are your thoughts on her? And where would you like to see that relationship go? I thought that too she did seem nice ... but i didn't see her as a huge bad influence other than the myshuno smoking session which had Erin naked in the hall! I mean i thought it was hilarious and harmless fun. Erin is not exactly a goody goody so i don't think she was at all.

-For the first time in this story I played with the wardrobe. Meaning instead of my man characters always in one outfit through out their story I've given Erin many options for each wardrobe category. Is this something that appeals to you as a reader? Is it distraction having the outfits always changing or does it bring you more into the story and the world that is being created? It's hard to judge this because of my own personal likes and dislikes. I like CC so much. To the point when i didn't buy the sims 4 til there was a sufficient amount of CC out. Maxis match and stuff dont really appeal to me whatsoever and my sims are CC heavy. But in regards to your story, any change is a nice change.

-Erin is faced with quite the decision at the end, some would say it's impossible. Who do you think she will chose, who should she chose, and who would you chose? Chris Evans has me intrigued!!! And i thought that perhaps its who she would end up with if only they met!!! Jason is a player in my opinion and they have a simple physical relationship, Chris is the past, and Henry seems like the obvious choice here.
  • ArrowleafArrowleaf Posts: 3,871 Member
    What do you think of the main character, Erin? Is she relatable? Do you agree with how she handled certain situations throughout the story.

I don't really like the way she handles a lot of the situations, but I think they are realistic for a hopeless romantic with slight self-esteem issues like Erin seems to be. :) I think she sells herself short a lot and lets a lot of the men get away with more than they should, but I have done the same in the past. Love is weird like that, objectively you might know you're being an idiot by giving someone a second chance but the heart wants what the heart wants.

Pop culture, especially the comic book world, plays a key role in this story. Do you feel it enhances the story or hinders it? Would the story work without it being centred around comic books and superheroes?

The story could 100 percent work without it being centered around comic books and superheros, even if she was still a comic book geek, but I don't think it being centered around the comic books/super heros/actor takes away from the story at all. It is just a story that uses real people in a fictional setting.

Let's play Marry, F***, Kill with Erin's three men in her life. Out of Chris Hemsworth, Jason Momoa, and Henry Cavill who do you marry, who do you f***, and who do you kill?

If it was based off of your story: Kill Chris, Marry Jason, do the dirty with Henry.

In real life it would be: Marry Jason, do the dirty with Chris and murder Henry.

Towards the middle of the season we were introduced to Lilith. She seemed nice at first but could be seen as a bit of a bad influence on Erin. What are your thoughts on her? And where would you like to see that relationship go?

I don't think Lilith is a bad influence on her at all. There didn't seem to be any peer pressure going on with the drugs or alcohol that led to Erin's naked escapades and it only happened once anyways.

For the first time in this story I played with the wardrobe. Meaning instead of my man characters always in one outfit through out their story I've given Erin many options for each wardrobe category. Is this something that appeals to you as a reader? Is it distraction having the outfits always changing or does it bring you more into the story and the world that is being created?

It doesn't matter to me. I don't find it distracting but it doesn't add anything for me either.

Erin is faced with quite the decision at the end, some would say it's impossible. Who do you think she will chose, who should she chose, and who would you chose?

I don't like Henry or Chris. I would choose Jason if I was her, simply because he seems like a player that she won the heart of. He hasn't hurt or lied to her at all, from what I remember. :smile: Chris Evans has me intrigued though, because it seems like you are setting him up to be the love of her life.
    4s8gctV.png
    The Landon Legacy Wordpress // Forums|
    Chasing Rainbows: Wordpress // Forums
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    just saying hi. i have writers block so i haven't wrote for 8 days,

No worries, @friendsfan367. It happens. Maybe I'll have a chance to catch up on your stories then. :p

In all seriousness, hope you break through your blocks. I hit a block... well more of a fatigue after finishing Part 1 of La Vita Bella so I moved over to Darkness May Dream instead.

How are you doing with everything?

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest

No worries, @friendsfan367. It happens. Maybe I'll have a chance to catch up on your stories then. :p

In all seriousness, hope you break through your blocks. I hit a block... well more of a fatigue after finishing Part 1 of La Vita Bella so I moved over to Darkness May Dream instead.

How are you doing with everything?

the benders ran a muck this time everyone married with kids. even alana the bratty one. small spoiler. but i really didn't think she would find a guy she liked
    Interesting... too many kiddos, then? @friendsfan367

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest

no they don't all have 6 two have 3 each. aparently the bnders aren't campers 2 couples left as 2 but came back as 3. but that a improvement.

when i had noel and lauren take their 6 camping they complained they were hungry tired and needed to pee.
    edited August 2017
    @swcheppes Finally getting around to these...
    1. -What do you think of the main character, Erin? Is she relatable? Do you agree with how she handled certain situations throughout the story I like Erin. She has a natural way with storytelling. I appreciate her refreshing candor. I relate to her writer self very much, and I was hooked from the beginning. I like how she inserts bits and pieces of writing advice that she's trying to follow.

I do think that she lets the men in her life get away with a little too much, like I feel like she could stand up for herself more and be clearer about what she wants from them. But I suppose superhero men are her kryptonite. It's realistic in that a lot of women struggle with being confident and telling men what they actually want, and part of this is because we don't always know what we want, I think. However, I do wish she would be kinder to herself. She deserves better than the treatment she gets from some of these guys.

2. Pop culture, especially the comic book world, plays a key role in this story. Do you feel it enhances the story or hinders it? Would the story work without it being centered around comic books and superheroes? I like the pop culture references. It's fun to see something I know IRL. I love all the comic book and superhero references. I never know who's going to show up. :p I think the story would be really different without the comic book references and superheros since that is the premise.

I do think it would be interesting if instead of Erin dating/hooking up with the actors who play superheros, the superheros themselves from the comic books would come to life... maybe a portal they travel through or something and they end up in Erin's world. I think this could allow for all sorts of hijinks and entertainment, especially because of the culture shock for the superheros. Plus it would give Erin a way to turn things around for once, and she could essentially "rescue"/guide these heroes in her own world since she would have more knowledge of the world than they do. I could actually see this working with other book/movie characters... ah... I smell a story idea, (@CathyTea).

3. Let's play Marry, F***, Kill with Erin's three men in her life. Out of Chris Hemsworth, Jason Momoa, and Henry Cavill who do you marry, who do you f***, and who do you kill?
    I like @CathyTea's substitution "befriend," "hang out with," "ignore": I would befriend Chris Hemsworth (but not for the reason that he is Thor... because he had like 5 minute screentime in Star Trek. Lol... trekkie here. I would hang out with Jason Momoa. He seems like a cool guy... and he was in Stargate Atlantis. I think I would ignore Henry Cavill. He seems like a nice guy, but Superman is far too overpowered for my taste. If you threw Chris Evans in there, I would totally have dated the guy though. It seems Erin and I share a superhero crush. :D

4. Towards the middle of the season we were introduced to Lilith. She seemed nice at first but could be seen as a bit of a bad influence on Erin. What are your thoughts on her? And where would you like to see that relationship go?
    Lilith, you bad girl, you! Lol. I do think she's a bad influence on Erin, but I also think Erin needs female friends and companionship, and someone to bounce ideas off of and lament about her men troubles, and someone to take her mind off men troubles. I guess getting smashed on bubbles works...ish... but I'd like to see them develop an actual friendship beyond drinking buddies. I did think it was good of Erin to take responsibility for her own "mistakes..." er...ending up naked and drunk in front of her neighbor's door. She didn't blame Lilith and I thought that was good.

5. For the first time in this story I played with the wardrobe. Meaning instead of my man characters always in one outfit through out their story I've given Erin many options for each wardrobe category. Is this something that appeals to you as a reader? Is it distraction having the outfits always changing or does it bring you more into the story and the world that is being created?
    I love the wardrobe changes. I actually do this frequently in my stories, especially because I think it's realistic. I love Erin's outfits and her personal sense of style, especially when she decides she's going out. But I think her change-up of outfits adds to her persona. I also like her workout yoga outfit. :)

6. Erin is faced with quite the decision at the end, some would say it's impossible. Who do you think she will chose, who should she chose, and who would you chose?
    Personally, I think Erin needs to hold out for a better option, for a guy who will treat her right and a guy who will be more than just a hook-up. If I had to pick out of the options for Erin, I think she might stay with Jason because they've had great chemistry. Please please please Erin don't go back to Chris Hemsworth. He's a cheater. Bah! And I would say she should pick Henry because even though there haven't exactly been "sparks," he seems like a decent guy, he saved her from that burglar, and he seems good enough for her. But I hate to say that because that seems like settling. I think they could grow to love one another though if she gave him a chance and they both tried. Personally, I wouldn't pick any of them. I would...give her next door neighbor a chance though. ;)

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest

no they don't all have 6 two have 3 each. aparently the bnders aren't campers 2 couples left as 2 but came back as 3. but that a improvement.

when i had noel and lauren take their 6 camping they complained they were hungry tired and needed to pee.

@friendsfan367 I wish there was a "camping" option in TS3. I don't have the pack I need for TS4 to take people camping yet, but I think that's my next purchase when I have the money. What do you like about the camping options?

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest

@friendsfan367 I wish there was a "camping" option in TS3. I don't have the pack I need for TS4 to take people camping yet, but I think that's my next purchase when I have the money. What do you like about the camping options?

the benders are funny about camping they hate bugs so i always have to get a cabin. theres a actual campground you can put a tent on. so i don't go that often
  • Piazzagirl1015Piazzagirl1015 Posts: 2,500 Member
    edited August 2017
    Hi Everyone,

I would like to thank everyone for letting me join all of you. When I seen there was an opening I noticed this looked like a friendly and active group which is exactly what I have been looking for. The last sim community I was in was very close knit and active at one point but now everything has slowed down. A couple members have busier family lives now but two of the members are now published authors so understandably most of their writing time is spent on their books. I do intend to be very active as I like to give feedback as well as receiving it. Sharing stories with others motivates me to write more often and to try and do my best. I have already started reading the first few chapters @swcheppes story. I know I have plenty to catch up on and I will binge reading this week to catch up.

Let me take a moment to Introduce myself and explain about my stories.

My forum name is Piazzagirl1015 but everyone has been calling me PG for short. My real name is Debbie and I live in NYC. As of the moment I'm currently in between jobs and I'm looking for a bookkeeping or retail position. I have one daughter and we recently just adopted a 3 year old yorkie. I have been playing sims since the beginning of the series and I do not see myself stopping anytime soon. I was even a member of The Sims Online/EA Land for almost its entire run. I also ran an online book club for five years. We all actually met on a vacation in New Orleans and one lady traveled all the way from Denmark to attend.

I have two stories going at the moment. The Main story is called "A Race Against Time" and its my first attempt at writing anything. In the beginning you will notice that the pictures are not that good and there wasn't much of a story just a basic idea. As time went on I learned how to use pose player and expand on my writing skills. I'm still trying to improve my writing skills and grammar. Race is a Going Solo challenge with relaxed rules. The creator of the challenge didn't mind us bending the solo (no marrying or moving in love interest) rule for story purposes only. It is a legacy type challenge but every generation needs to complete a different ltw and career until all are completed. At the present I am on Generation 7. I have also written one bachelor challenge and hunger games challenge pertaining to the characters from this story. I'm using a naming theme for all my heirs. I found an eco friendly baby name list online and all heirs are named from that. All children born to the founding couple whether they make it into the story or not (gotta love SP for over populating my game) are named after Back to the Future characters. There is also a lot of Back to the Future references as that is one of my favorite movies. This file has been rebuilt several times during the years as I always have backups because glitches are common in all sims games. There was a whole chapter about this when a virus wiped my computer and things did not look the same anymore even a character looked totally different. This October I will have my 4th year anniversary with the story. For now I'm updating on an irregular schedule but I plan to get back to updating 2 times per month. My last update was July 10th but I'm writing up the next one now.

Story Overview-When my story opens up it is set in a dystopian future 2000 years from present time. The world is coming to an end and there isn't much time left. My founder who is an environmental engineer with the help of a friend uses the time portal to go back to our present time. Their mission is to teach everyone to protect the earth now in order to avoid the destruction of the Earth.

Link to blog A Race Against Time

My second story is called "Romance on the Horizon" and its a spinoff of "A Race Against Time" The founder is a character in my 5th generation part of the story so none of this will make any sense until the 5th generation of Race is read. I seemed to give my heir's cousin a raw deal during that generation and I know this might sound strange but I felt guilty so I made that character the founder of her own story. Somehow I started to care about all of these sims after they became characters instead of just sims that I play with. I never knew the difference until I started writing their story. This challenge is based on the I'm a Lover Challenge along with some aspects of The Going Solo Challenge. This story was meant to be updated slower and hasn't been updated for a while but I am working on my next update.

Story Overview Katherine Wood's life was in jeopardy as her actions angered her ruthless cousin who was also the head of the Fae Mafia. For her protection her grandparents sent her through the time portal to an alternate universe where she would continue the work of the families mission and start her own life over again.

Link to the blog Romance on the Horizon

I look forward to getting to know everyone and read your stories.
  • swcheppesswcheppes Posts: 3,027 Member
    Welcome @Piazzagirl1015 it's a pleasure to have you :) I look forward to reading your work!
    suRdkSd.jpg
  • Simcraft81Simcraft81 Posts: 499 Member
    Hi, everyone! Sorry, I'm going to try catching up with you all tomorrow! I should be free all day!
    Welcome @Piazzagirl1015. Thanks for joining us and sharing about your stories.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Piazzagirl1015Piazzagirl1015 Posts: 2,500 Member
    @swcheppes @AdamsEve1231 Thank you so much for the welcome. I'm going to continue reading @swcheppes story today which I am already liking very much
    edited August 2017
    Hey nice to meet you PG cant wait to read ur story
  • Simcraft81Simcraft81 Posts: 499 Member
    Good to have you, @Piazzagirl1015 Welcome! Everybody else doing alright?
    edited August 2017
    @Simcraft81 Thanks for asking. I'm on a roll with my Simblr story right now, and just finished an arc in La Vita Bella. It's rainy, but warm here, and my cat is adorably sitting across my desk while I write. :) You?

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    ... ive been fine. Ive fell in a hole with my story. While the story draws to an end... im having trouble updating now.my updates are less frequent and my wordpress is a dead zone. Not feeling it much these days guys.
    xJojox wrote: »
    ... ive been fine. Ive fell in a hole with my story. While the story draws to an end... im having trouble updating now.my updates are less frequent and my wordpress is a dead zone. Not feeling it much these days guys.

You're actually close to being done with Fine Lines, @xJojox? :o I can understand the feeling of a rut. Sometimes it's good to take a break. I was in a weird headspace after finishing La Vita Bella's first arc so I jumped to DMD but sometimes I take a break from Sims altogether. I need to catch up on Fine Lines now that I'm caught up on everyone's stories except @Piazzagirl1015.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest