Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Willingly Writing Reading Circle (On Hiatus)

Comments

• xJojoxxJojox Posts: 6,878 Member
    Fine Lines has been updated :) Chapter 99
  • AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    @Yushika welcome! Please let me know what your update schedule is like so I can add it to the first page.
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    xJojox wrote: »
    Fine Lines has been updated :) Chapter 99

@xJojox I read chapter 98 last night. Great chapter! :)

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • NymphieaNymphiea Posts: 254 Member
    @Yushika welcome! Please let me know what your update schedule is like so I can add it to the first page.

Sorry for late response! Long day today!

I USUALLY post two chapters a week! Sometimes just one if my pain is too much!
    Gen1.png
    Come check out my Sims 4 legacy story! We're on generation one currently.
    It's Just Another Story
    @AdamsEve1231 i forgot to link in 99 ... thats there now :)
  • ArrowleafArrowleaf Posts: 3,871 Member
    @Arrowleaf For this campaign, we all decided to let the GM decide what we play.. so I got handed a defensive style fighter.. which is totally not my thing in the past.. so it's been a lot of fun to learn all new things, and I've really been enjoying him. The GM specifically handed each of us something we wouldn't normally pick, so it's been neat watching everyone adapt. We're almost to the end of this campaign, it goes to level 10 and we're 9 now, so I've got to take some time to figure out what to play next. My last character before that was a life domain Cleric.

This is such a cool idea! If my current group decides to do another campaign after this one I will see how our dm and players feels about this. I have a soft spot for clerics but I would love to play another role. How did you like the life domain? When I was creating my character i went back and forth between life and light.
    4s8gctV.png
    The Landon Legacy Wordpress // Forums|
    Chasing Rainbows: Wordpress // Forums
  • IllusoryThrallIllusoryThrall Posts: 1,335 Member
    @Arrowleaf I did like the life domain, but she didn't really come into her own until level 7 when she got her guardian of faith spell and she really started to be fun to play. Before that she was mostly a heal bot for the group. Afterwards, she was able to participate in killing stuff and not just healing the party. Overall, everyone except my daughter was really happy with the characters the DM handed us (and I think she really just wanted a break from playing anyway). It was definitely a lot of fun getting handed a character that you normally wouldn't have played.
    edited March 2017
    While we're on the topic of D&D, I play regularly with a group about twice a month or once every 3 weeks with the 5th edition. My current character is an elf barbarian... yes, they exist, though it's pretty bizarre. We rolled for random races/classes and that's what I got. Think elegant, but deadly. I have really high dex and strength, am not afraid to use brute force, but I'm elf-like in appearance and precise in my movements (when I'm trying) and can pass off as "high class" if need be. I was raised by half-orcs. Did anyone ever watch the TV show, Firefly? My character is kinda like River Tam. I wish I came up with that comparison, but I didn't... there's a link here with an awesome River pic/dex-based barbarian like description.

In my previous game, I played a tiefling rogue (cat-like creature) who was chaotic evil. She was fun to play, plus we had a quirk in game where one of the characters had a bag of holding that was cursed so if you reached inside, you would pull out nothing but chickens (and then the person rolled to see if it was a dead, alive, or zombie chicken). Lol.

I think it would be interesting to recreate my D&D characters in the Sims, though I wonder if I could get all the specifics down. Lol.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    edited March 2017
    Hello all, @Simcraft81, @xJojox, @Dancer-freak, @IllusoryThrall, @Arrowleaf, and @Yushika, yesterday was the first day of our new reading/discussion of @DreamsinPixels Dusk and Dawn. I updated the front page to reflect our new readers/writers, and our current reading schedule/links.

@DreamsinPixels is there any particular chapter or chapters you would like us to focus on?

For everyone else, minimum reading is 1 chapter of our featured story, though please read as much as you want. :) Please check the homepage and see when your story is featured.

Thank you to everyone who participated in the last one with Simcraft81's Most Wanted and Holiday.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • UmbralFlowerUmbralFlower Posts: 4,494 Member
    @AdamsEve1231 Since there's a lot of chapters, maybe just the first 5 chapters since I feel like with those first 5 chapters the reader gets a sense of the first conflict of the story.
    ~*-*-*~ My SimLit: The Echoed Fragments || A Tale of Love and Fame ~*-*-*~
    @xJojox, @Simcraft81, @Dancer-freak, @IllusoryThrall, @DreamsinPixels, @Arrowleaf, @Yushika

I've added general reading/writing discussion and catch up periods at the end of every month, which was something we talked about before. I think this will be helpful since we now have 8 members and several members with really long stories. :) If this is too long a period, let me know.

If at any time, you wish another story to be featured/the focus, let us know. I've got multiple stories going, and right now KCLKF is complete, KFLL is on hiatus, and I&S which falls between the two timeline wise is in progress. For those of you who eventually are caught up with KCLKF, feel free to move onto I&S first. All of those stories follow my protagonist - Kassiopeia Fullbright. Links in my signature below. :)

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    Simcraft81 wrote: »

A small promo I made.

Okay, I know this was forever ago, @Simcraft81, but I loved your Holiday promo. :D

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • IllusoryThrallIllusoryThrall Posts: 1,335 Member
    @DreamsInPixels I started reading the other night.. and I can tell you I'm now firmly hooked. I lost a good chunk of time I should have been playtesting to reading (not that I minded.. lol) .. It's just hard to get everything done in time if I'm too busy reading! It's very well written, and the conflicts all feel very real. You managed to make even politics seem interesting. I regret that I won't get to take part much in this next week's discussion, because I'll be out of town and I have no idea how much, if any, time I'll get online. I just wanted to post a little something crediting you with an awesome story. I'll have more time to finish catching up after we get back!
    mMMMM I've read Dusk and Dawn before and I'm completely obsessed with it ; u ; Especially due to the point Illusory made, you made politics fun. I LOVE politics in RL, but I have a hard time reading it without actually seeing it. Dusk and Dawn really makes it interesting.
    Gen1.png
    It's Just Another Story
  • Simcraft81Simcraft81 Posts: 499 Member
    Simcraft81 wrote: »

A small promo I made.

Okay, I know this was forever ago, @Simcraft81, but I loved your Holiday promo. :D

Thank you! Lol
    @IllusoryThrall Thank you! I love political intrigue and mystery ;) They're my favorites next to romance. And I really love writing conflict. It's no problem that you won't be here, if you have questions about stuff later just pop over to my thread, or ask on wordpress, or wherever!

@Yushika <3
    @DreamsInPixels i have read the first five chapters ... do you have any questions for the readers?
    @xJojox not at the moment. I'll think of some questions when I wake up though!

Thank you for reading btw. I hope it was enjoyable.
    @DreamsInPixels I do believe I am on Chapter 7 or so.

Your story is very well thought out and well written so far. I am really enjoying it. :smiley: I agree with everyone else, you make the politics easy to follow without it seeming unrealistic! I feel like if I ever tried to write something similar, it would be very convoluted, so great job.
    4s8gctV.png
    New chapter is up!
    Gen1.png
    It's Just Another Story
    Sorry it took so long to get the questions posted, but I struggled with what to ask about so early in the story.
    1. What is your favourite part of the first 5 chapters?

2. Who is your favorite character so far?

3. I'm borrowing this question from a dear friend of mine (@cshaner): Focus on one or two characters and tell us who and what you think their motivation and flaws are.

Also! Feel free to ask me questions.
    edited March 2017
    @DreamsInPixels
    1. What is your favourite part of the first 5 chapters? "Don't Eat The Humans" Her little note to diego was blood funny. Definitely had a bit of a chuckle when i read that. Its a very well thought out process here ... i like this story purely because this is the first time i've seen politics in simlit. I like it. I hope to see more of it. There is a fantastic mystery that makes you want to read more.

2. Who is your favorite character so far? Well i do like Gwen. In the first 5 chapters doesn't shed heaps of light on the rest of the cast yet. BUT i like the idea of Diego and her too. He seems really nice... :)

3. I'm borrowing this question from a dear friend of mine (cshaner): Focus on one or two characters and tell us who and what you think their motivation and flaws are. Gwen's motivation i believe is keeping the family legacy alive. But i'm not sure how strong she is yet, though she is handling the death in her family really really well. Her flaws for the role she has been given is her over hate of the league. She doesn't want to do it ... i'm wondering if the cracks will show later in her ability to do it well? Hard to say ...
    edited March 2017
    1. What is your favorite part of the first 5 chapters? I'm going to have to go with the 'Don't Eat the Humans' as well. That part made me snort when I read it. Other than that, (and this may be past the 5 chapter mark), but I really like the chapter about Sam. His back story is very interesting, as is he, and I enjoyed reading about him.

2. Who is your favorite character so far? Hmmm, I think it's Sam or Caleb. I really love Gwen as well.

3. I'm borrowing this question from a dear friend of mine (cshaner): Focus on one or two characters and tell us who and what you think their motivation and flaws are.

This is reaching a little past chapter 5 as well but...

Gwen's motivation seems to be bringing peace between humans and vampires, and carrying on her family's legacy. I think her main flaw so far is... that she is stubborn. Where I am at in the story, she has not been willing to play the League's 'game' at all. And while I respect her for holding to her beliefs, this can (and probably will) bring tension into Vampire society.

Caleb's motivations seem a little unclear at this point - though he seems to be siding with Gwen. Same with her aunt and uncle. Part of me wants to believe they are good, but the other half is worried they aren't.

Post edited by Arrowleaf on
    4s8gctV.png
    OMG i made chapter 100 :) *celebrating* updated :) after a long 5 days of being ill!
    @Arrowleaf I did like the life domain, but she didn't really come into her own until level 7 when she got her guardian of faith spell and she really started to be fun to play. Before that she was mostly a heal bot for the group. Afterwards, she was able to participate in killing stuff and not just healing the party. Overall, everyone except my daughter was really happy with the characters the DM handed us (and I think she really just wanted a break from playing anyway). It was definitely a lot of fun getting handed a character that you normally wouldn't have played.

Oh man, that would have bored me. That's actually what I was worried about, and why I chose the light domain. I wanted to be able to participate in fights, and the fire abilities seemed really awesome. I have been told that the storm domain is really broken, but I've never tried it. Before this, I played an elven druid, and that was a ton of fun. I had a snake pet, and was pretty BA. I think next time I will play a hunter or bard.

And you play with your daughter?! That is so awesome.
    xJojox wrote: »
    OMG i made chapter 100 :) *celebrating* updated :) after a long 5 days of being ill!

Congrats!

4s8gctV.png