Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Microphone: beside using for comedy. LET SIMS SING!

Yeah... of ALL the generations of Sim's game NONE of the sims knows HOW TO SING! I never once encounter any Sims who can SING by person. Not to count in the Sim's radio station or in the Music TV. Need to add Vocal Skill for Sims while using Microphone.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65VG4IacGsg
I literally play this music above when playing Sims 4! Cozy and Fuzzy

Comments

• fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I really had hopes when I saw the mic that they could sing. It should have been an option along with the comedian. I have at least 2 singers-in-waiting. One to front a band, and the other as a solo entertainer.
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited June 2016
    I'm afraid to hear sims sing. I've gone through dozens of let's plays and I To see how Showtime was, and I felt Like Simon Cowell silently judging how terrible each of them were.

Like no matter how much their singing skill increased and maxed out they still couldn't sing or put on a good performance.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • crazycat_135crazycat_135 Posts: 1,349 Member
    edited June 2016
    It also was kind of plum that you couldn't have a band with a singer. (ts3) I always though why didn't they do that in late night or show time. Well anyhow I really hope when bands come back, we can have singers. And hopefully they actually sound good once they're higher skilled.
  • revlonspamqueensrevlonspamqueens Posts: 79 Member
    Yes please. Ever since I saw the microphone I wanted a singing skill and was so bummed it didn't exist.
  • ts1depotts1depot Posts: 1,438 Member
    Cosigned. There needs to be a singing career.
    EiFlric.png
  • CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    Ancaryvan wrote: »
    Yeah... of ALL the generations of Sim's game NONE of the sims knows HOW TO SING! I never once encounter any Sims who can SING by person. Not to count in the Sim's radio station or in the Music TV. Need to add Vocal Skill for Sims while using Microphone.

Agreed! I'm pretty sure Sims can sing along with a guitar though, not sure if it's specific to Outdoor Retreat or not? I need to double check that actually. XD

But yeah, I wish Sims could sing using the microphone too, and I'd love if they could form a band and sing along with instruments as a group.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,912 Member
    Now that someone mentioned Simon Cowell. How about EA pays the awful singers in XFactor or The Voice to sing for the gameplay lower skill ranges? They wouldn't expect too much cash for that would they?

I cannot see any good singers willing to have their voices used unless in the top skilled. Plus they might expect us to pay each time we used their songs (if EA allowed them to keep the copyright that is).

NB This is not meant to be a serious proposition. ;) I too would like to hear the Sims sing.

• AncaryvanAncaryvan Posts: 736 Member
    Ancaryvan wrote: »

Agreed! I'm pretty sure Sims can sing along with a guitar though, not sure if it's specific to Outdoor Retreat or not? I need to double check that actually. XD

But yeah, I wish Sims could sing using the microphone too, and I'd love if they could form a band and sing along with instruments as a group.

3c68bb64.gifUh~~~ I do not recall that you can sing along. th_057_.gifThe only feature is to watch, even in out-door retreat
  • crazycat_135crazycat_135 Posts: 1,349 Member
    edited June 2016
    @Ancaryvan They can definitely sing songs with the guitar. There's only a few campfire songs, but they're there. ;)
    Mchap353 wrote: »
    Now that someone mentioned Simon Cowell. How about EA pays the awful singers in XFactor or The Voice to sing for the gameplay lower skill ranges? They wouldn't expect too much cash for that would they?

I cannot see any good singers willing to have their voices used unless in the top skilled. Plus they might expect us to pay each time we used their songs (if EA allowed them to keep the copyright that is).

NB This is not meant to be a serious proposition. ;) I too would like to hear the Sims sing.
    014.gifWhy not ask SimGurus do the voice acting. 026.gifThat would be hilariously amazing and who know some SimGurus may d582d79f.gifSUPRISE!!! us. efb50fe2.gifI wonder if those voice actors for sims are too shy to sing.
    ts1depot wrote: »
    Cosigned. There needs to be a singing career.
    875328cc.gifGreatly appreciate your support.
    edited June 2016
    It also was kind of plum that you couldn't have a band with a singer. (ts3) I always though why didn't they do that in late night or show time. Well anyhow I really hope when bands come back, we can have singers. And hopefully they actually sound good once they're higher skilled.
    5c745924.gifYou mean they have The Singer in Sims 3 and they sound very horrible not matter how high their skill are?. And no I do not have Sims 3 if anyone is curious.
    @Ancaryvan They can definitely sing songs with the guitar. There's only a few campfire songs, but they're there. ;)

Do violin works too!? 189bbdde.gifSorry if I ask a VERY 🐸🐸🐸🐸-I-C question because I've not train any sims with high level guitar skill.
    Post edited by Ancaryvan on
    edited June 2016
    Blank
  • PianoCollectorPianoCollector Posts: 108 Member
    With Outdoor Retreat, our sims can sing 3 typical North-American "campfire songs", but only with the guitar.
    I'd love bands with singers, but I would be quite pleased if we at least got some songs to sing with other instruments like the piano (some jazzy lounge numbers maybe). ;)
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Singing should be a separate skill - like with Dance, you start out really bad, and move up in quality. It could be used to busk and serenade.

I'd like the ability to play duets on the piano, and you can both learn at once. Or at least, for the Mentor skill to be animated that way.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Momof3beez90Momof3beez90 Posts: 4 New Member
    I would love to have the microphone for singing as well, we have all these instruments and no one can sing!! I would also love a drum set that little kids can play also!
  • MarleyTheWizardMarleyTheWizard Posts: 962 Member
    Do they sing when they serenade? can't remember.
    Yes to singing/vocal as a skill, preferably with increased quality as you skill up.
    I Sometimes Tweet About The Sims 4
    Gallery ID: MarleyTheWizard
    Marley V wrote: »
    Do they sing when they serenade? can't remember.
    Yes to singing/vocal as a skill, preferably with increased quality as you skill up.

Yes THEY DO! Last night I play I find out that my Sim-hubby serenade to my Sim-wiffy using singing when he is in Inspired Mood instead of romantic mood. I try to find the option while he is in that mood but no avail. A mystry.
  • MarleyTheWizardMarleyTheWizard Posts: 962 Member
    if you are in romantic mood, you can promise to dedicate song I think, so that spot is taken @Ancaryvan
    I Sometimes Tweet About The Sims 4
    Gallery ID: MarleyTheWizard
  • ljcaldas48ljcaldas48 Posts: 3 New Member
    When get together came out I hoped they would add singing to the mic. I wanted to make a band. Not possible without drums and a front man/woman.
  • JulianaJujubaJulianaJujuba Posts: 105 Member
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    I'm afraid to hear sims sing. I've gone through dozens of let's plays and I To see how Showtime was, and I felt Like Simon Cowell silently judging how terrible each of them were.

Like no matter how much their singing skill increased and maxed out they still couldn't sing or put on a good performance.

LOL I've always thought of Simon Cowell too! But, back in The Sims 2, with high Karaoke skill (I think it was a hidden skill or something... or was it creativity? I don't remember) they sang pretty well.