Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Create a Sim Not working

This has been going on about a week I have done a Repair Which has not seem to help out any
When I go into CAS all I see is my Sim Nothing else No Icons Nothing and I have to go into Ctrl Alt Delate and into System to close out my Sims 4 Cause once into CAS I can't do anything. PLEASE HELP! I have checked My Mods too and can't find problem there either
il_340x270602816077_htix_zps9f32ba32.jpg

Comments

• luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Have you pulled the full Mods folder out *and* done a gameplay folder refresh? Some CAS problems seem to stick.

1. Move (not copy) Saves, Tray, Mods, Screenshots, and Custom Music folders and the Options.ini file to your desktop. If there is a folder inside Saves called Scratch, delete it.
    2. Delete the rest of the The Sims 4 folder from your Documents > Electronic Arts folder.
    3. Start the game, and exit the game. Now you have a fresh Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 folder.
    4. Copy all the folders (except Mods) and the file back and start the game again.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,581 Member
    edited June 2016
    Hello
    Do you have the " More CAS Columns" or the "cc wrench icon override " mods? If you do, remove them, because they have been causing issues in CAS.

This is a link to a list of some of the broken and updated mods. Try checking to see if you have any the mods on the list
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/889265/broken-updated-mods-not-cc-june-2-patch-dine-out-gp
  • AlySimmerCatAlySimmerCat Posts: 1 New Member
    Something like that happened to me except you can see the sim. All you can do is resize the sims body, except for face and I didn't even download mods! I just got the game today as a birthday present from my friends and it's not even working! I'm super upset! I shut mine down several times and it still won't work! If someone could help, that would be great!
    edited August 2017
    Something like that happened to me except you can see the sim. All you can do is resize the sims body, except for face and I didn't even download mods! I just got the game today as a birthday present from my friends and it's not even working! I'm super upset! I shut mine down several times and it still won't work! If someone could help, that would be great!

Hello @AlySimmerCat
    When you click the sim, do you get the option to work out the outfits for the sims? Is there an option at the top left hand side of the screen to name your sim and choose traits and an aspiration ? This is a guide to using CAS. Try seeing if you have the options that are listed there.
    http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/tutorials/how-to/make-a-sim.php
    Also, happy birthday! <3
  • KitsunechanwKitsunechanw Posts: 112 Member
    issue issue issue. been at it for an hour. create asim will not load. it just stays loading forever . im assuming mc command and ui cheat extention is needing updates. i removed them. nothing. removed all mods nothing. idk
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    issue issue issue. been at it for an hour. create asim will not load. it just stays loading forever . im assuming mc command and ui cheat extention is needing updates. i removed them. nothing. removed all mods nothing. idk

They upped the computer requirements for Cats and Dogs EP

@rosemow need DxDiag instructions. Thanks
  • KitsunechanwKitsunechanw Posts: 112 Member
    > @phoebebebe13 said:
    > Kitsunechanw wrote: »
    >
    > issue issue issue. been at it for an hour. create asim will not load. it just stays loading forever . im assuming mc command and ui cheat extention is needing updates. i removed them. nothing. removed all mods nothing. idk
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > They upped the computer requirements for Cats and Dogs EP
    >
    > @rosemow need DxDiag instructions. Thanks

that should not be an issue as i am able to run 6000 mods and cc with all ep sp gp before cats and dogs
    > @phoebebebe13 said:
    > Kitsunechanw wrote: »
    >
    > issue issue issue. been at it for an hour. create asim will not load. it just stays loading forever . im assuming mc command and ui cheat extention is needing updates. i removed them. nothing. removed all mods nothing. idk
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > They upped the computer requirements for Cats and Dogs EP
    >
    > @rosemow need DxDiag instructions. Thanks

that should not be an issue as i am able to run 6000 mods and cc with all ep sp gp before cats and dogs

what are your computer specs? This ep did up the game. it may not matter what you were running before you added this ep.

You can try removing your your sims 4 folder from documents to desktop. Start the game it will generate a new sims 4 folder. Test a clean vanilla game . You can always put back the sims 4 folder you saved at desktop
    edited November 2017

@rosemow need DxDiag instructions. Thanks

Hello
    To gather a DXDIAG on your computer, do this :
    Press and hold the Windows key and the letter R on your keyboard
    You will see a Run box in the lower-left corner of your screen
    Type dxdiag in the text field
    Click OK
    Click the Save All Information button, found on the bottom of the DXDIAG report
    Then copy and paste the information from where you saved it, to pastebin https://pastebin.com
    and post the link to the file here

You will need to break up the pastebin link though by putting h.t.t.p. instead , because you are unable to post links because you are a new member
  • LunarLivLunarLiv Posts: 1 New Member
    My Create-A-Sim loads my sim and a few buttons but when I click on the buttons, they don't work. All I can do is change the sims body by clicking and dragging and I can spin them around. I can't access the clothing and accessories nor can I zoom into the head. The "sims pictures" in the bottom left of the screen aren't there either and neither is the name changer/traits/voice module. Help?
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    LunarLiv wrote: »
    My Create-A-Sim loads my sim and a few buttons but when I click on the buttons, they don't work. All I can do is change the sims body by clicking and dragging and I can spin them around. I can't access the clothing and accessories nor can I zoom into the head. The "sims pictures" in the bottom left of the screen aren't there either and neither is the name changer/traits/voice module. Help?

Have you pulled out mods and CC?
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    LunarLiv wrote: »

Hello @LunarLiv
    The More Columns in CAS mod or the UI Cheats Extension mod may be causing these issues, If you have them, remove them and download the new updated versions of the mods
    http://www.modthesims.info/d/558548
    http://modthesims.info/d/558052
    If you don’t have these mods , move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there. If it has helped with the issues, put your mods/ CC back into the newly generated mods folder that is in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing after each one to see which is the causes of the problem.

This link thread which luthienrising very helpfully and kindly runs, contains a list of some of the broken and updated mods
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/928106/broken-mods-cats-and-dogs-nov-2017/p1?new=1
  • joanne98joanne98 Posts: 3 New Member
    Ever since i downloaded the sims 4 cats and dogs the game hasn't been working properly it loads fine and when i click into create a sim the screen goes white and then it works for a few moments before a message pops up that says "the application has blocked graphics thesims4.exe" I tried repairing the game and it still didn't fix the problem I checked my laptop for updates and I also put the graphics settings to low in the game and none of this has worked. I would appreciate if anyone has a solution to my problem
    edited November 2017
    @joanne98 Can you please post your computer specs. Thanks

Hello
    To gather a DXDIAG on your computer, do this :
    Press and hold the Windows key and the letter R on your keyboard
    You will see a Run box in the lower-left corner of your screen
    Type dxdiag in the text field
    Click OK
    Click the Save All Information button, found on the bottom of the DXDIAG report
    Then copy and paste the information from where you saved it, to pastebin https://pastebin.com
    and post the link to the file here

You will need to break up the pastebin link though by putting h.t.t.p. instead , because you are unable to post links because you are a new member[/quote]

• joanne98joanne98 Posts: 3 New Member
    @phoebebebe13 thank you for your help the link to my DXDIAG report is h.t.t.p.//pastebin.com/bn72f8tC
    edited November 2017
    joanne98 wrote: »
    @phoebebebe13 thank you for your help the link to my DXDIAG report is http://pastebin.com/bn72f8tC

@joanne98 Unfortunatley Your laptop is way below requirements to run cats and dogs. You would need to uninstall it. Do you have another computer to play on? This game does require a mid range gaming desktop. Laptop hardware is much weaker. Laptops can not be upgraded when it comes to processor and video card. You are stuck with the specs you buy. If you don't have another computer to play on, you would need a new computer to continue running this game with all the add ons. Someone here in tech can help you find a computer that meets requirements should you want to buy a new computer. Sorry for the bad news
  • shimmeryy_simmershimmeryy_simmer Posts: 1 New Member
    Whenever I go on create a sim all that shows up is the sim and the buttons in the top right corner. I cant click on the sim to find the clothing, facial features, makeup, hair, etc. All i can do is change the width of her head and body parts. I tried moving out the files/folders: Saves, Tray, Mods, Screenshots, and Custom Music folders and the Options. Then deleted the rest of the files/folders and deleted the folder Scratch in the folder Saves. I restarted my game and it worked fine. I then added back my cc/mods and checked for conflict mods, duplicates, etc. I removed all of the conflict mods, duplicates, etc. After, I opened back up my game but it still didn't work. Please help me!
    Whenever I go on create a sim all that shows up is the sim and the buttons in the top right corner. I cant click on the sim to find the clothing, facial features, makeup, hair, etc. All i can do is change the width of her head and body parts. I tried moving out the files/folders: Saves, Tray, Mods, Screenshots, and Custom Music folders and the Options. Then deleted the rest of the files/folders and deleted the folder Scratch in the folder Saves. I restarted my game and it worked fine. I then added back my cc/mods and checked for conflict mods, duplicates, etc. I removed all of the conflict mods, duplicates, etc. After, I opened back up my game but it still didn't work. Please help me!

Hello @shimmeryy_simmer
    The More Columns in CAS mod or the UI Cheats Extension mod may be causing these issues, If you have them, remove them and download the new updated versions of the mods
    http://www.modthesims.info/d/558548
    http://modthesims.info/d/558052
    If you don’t have these mods , move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there. If it has helped with the issues, put your mods/ CC back into the newly generated mods folder that is in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing after each one to see which is the causes of the problem.

This link thread contains a list of some of the recent broken and updated mods
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/928106/broken-mods-cats-and-dogs-nov-2017/p1?new=1
  • myfirstbornhasfurmyfirstbornhasfur Posts: 1 New Member
    @rosemow I was having this issue and removing the UI cheat definitely helped me! Thank you so much!
  • Simerboy123Simerboy123 Posts: 1 New Member
    [quote="Scoutboo;d-890640"]This has been going on about a week I have done a Repair Which has not seem to help out any
    When I go into CAS all I see is my Sim Nothing else No Icons Nothing and I have to go into Ctrl Alt Delate and into System to close out my Sims 4 Cause once into CAS I can't do anything. PLEASE HELP! I have checked My Mods too and can't find problem there either
    [/quote]

OMG ME TOO I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE ;-; I'M HONESTLY GLAD I FOUND YOU AND OTHER PEOPLE WHO ARE HAVING THE SAME ISSUES
    Scoutboo wrote: »
    This has been going on about a week I have done a Repair Which has not seem to help out any

OMG ME TOO I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE ;-; I'M HONESTLY GLAD I FOUND YOU AND OTHER PEOPLE WHO ARE HAVING THE SAME ISSUES

Hello @Simerboy123
    Try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues. If it does help, then put your mods/CC back into the newly generated mods folder in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing the game after each one to see which is the cause of the problem.
    If you have the 'More CAS Columns'' or “UI Cheats Extension”mods make sure that you have the latest versions of them as earlier versions are broken.
  • LoveArinoLoveArino Posts: 3 New Member
    I dont have the more cas columns or ui cheats extension installed and ive tried with and without my mods folder but it keeps coming up the same
  • LoveArinoLoveArino Posts: 3 New Member
    > @LunarLiv said:
    > My Create-A-Sim loads my sim and a few buttons but when I click on the buttons, they don't work. All I can do is change the sims body by clicking and dragging and I can spin them around. I can't access the clothing and accessories nor can I zoom into the head. The "sims pictures" in the bottom left of the screen aren't there either and neither is the name changer/traits/voice module. Help?

I had the same problem
    LoveArino wrote: »
    I dont have the more cas columns or ui cheats extension installed and ive tried with and without my mods folder but it keeps coming up the same

Hello
    Repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair

If the issue remains, try resetting your sims 4 folder, starting a new save game file, and testing to see if it occurs there also . To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated.
    Start a new game and test to see if the issue is in that new save game.
    Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or "options" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder.