Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

It Was A Dark and Snarky Night... | Reading Circle K |

iiimeeiiimee Posts: 402 Member
Hello my lovelies... Are you ready to partake in madness?

This thread was made for people who would say their stories are a mix between light and dark, something that holds both strong sweet or comedic value, and something filled with drama or horror- things that the world might consider taboo, or just scary and/or tragic. If you feel that your story fits into this category, feel free to tell me that you're interested in joining, and I'll add you to the group. Your story can, but doesn't have to be a legacy or challenge. In the same message, I'd appreciate if you include the blog and/or forum thread for your story, so we can read and discuss it. More info will be up once the reading circle officially "starts", but for now, we're simply recruiting. Below are the available spots:

1. @iiimee
(Will be posting his story links soon.)
2. @Marialein
http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/887268/angel-in-the-darkness-an-ambrosia-challenge/p1
3. OPEN
4. OPEN
5. OPEN
6. OPEN
7. OPEN
8. OPEN
9. OPEN
10. OPEN
Read At The Sim's Library
Post edited by iiimee on

Comments

• MarialeinMarialein Posts: 2,885 Member
    I guess my story Angel in the darkness could fit into this circle but I am already in two so I would might not be a very active member if I join here too. Just in case if you wanna check it out nevertheless here is the link for it.
    Angel in the darkness
  • iiimeeiiimee Posts: 402 Member
    Marialein wrote: »
    I guess my story Angel in the darkness could fit into this circle but I am already in two so I would might not be a very active member if I join here too. Just in case if you wanna check it out nevertheless here is the link for it.
    Angel in the darkness

Well, you are at least free to join if you feel like it. Let me know if you want to so I can add you to the list.
    iiimee wrote: »
    Angel in the darkness

Well, you are at least free to join if you feel like it. Let me know if you want to so I can add you to the list.

Okay add me for now. If there will be a lot members I might step aside and give the space to someone else. To get a head start would you give me the link of your story I should read for this circle?
    Angel in the darkness

Okay add me for now. If there will be a lot members I might step aside and give the space to someone else. To get a head start would you give me the link of your story I should read for this circle?

I'm actually going to upload the first chapter later today, when it's not super early in the morning and I can take the last final shots for it. XD It's not a legacy like my other two stories, so there's a lot more effort going into it. It's kind of... posh, I guess? Compared to my other stories, because in this story, the main characters are mostly rich people, not rich people turned poor or anything like that. It'll be here though, no worries~
    @iiimee okay with a first chapter I can catch up very quickly ;)

Oh, now that I've looked at the link you sent me I realized that I actually read the prologue to your story! XD It looks great! I'm a huge fan, though I've always hated reading off the forum. XD Oh well! Now that I have the opportunity, I'll probably spend some time reading more of it. Really, it's amazing what you did with just an ordinary sim game, though I'm guessing that pose of him kissing her on the bed was CC. :tongue: Actually, I might have seen that pose before, though that was from a Sims 3 movie-thingy, not a Sims 4 novel...
    edited June 2016

Oh, now that I've looked at the link you sent me I realized that I actually read the prologue to your story! XD It looks great! I'm a huge fan, though I've always hated reading off the forum. XD Oh well! Now that I have the opportunity, I'll probably spend some time reading more of it. Really, it's amazing what you did with just an ordinary sim game, though I'm guessing that pose of him kissing her on the bed was CC. :tongue: Actually, I might have seen that pose before, though that was from a Sims 3 movie-thingy, not a Sims 4 novel...

Yeah the pose isn't ingame. I really wish to get more romantic poses without Cc but well, I take what I can get. If you want to I can give you the link where I get my poses from ;)

Yeah the pose isn't ingame. I really wish to get more romantic poses without Cc but well, I take what I can get. If you want to I can give you the link where I get my poses from ;)

I'd appreciate it, if only I knew how to use poses. XD

I'd appreciate it, if only I knew how to use poses. XD

It is very simple. You need Andrews pose player. Then you can either use the animation names from ingame animations or you take the other option. There you can use all the different poses you would like to.

This is where I take my poses http://sssvitlans.tumblr.com/poses

This is the pose player you need. there is also a little tutorial how to use poses http://sims4studio.com/post/43313
    Um, on the pose player there's a tutorial, but it says I don't have permission to view it when I click on it. X_X
  • mastressalitamastressalita Posts: 2,874 Member
    edited July 2016
    *Membership rescinded*
    Post edited by mastressalita on
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    Have a Sim story site? Please submit your link to the Stories and Legacies Index!
    Check out my Simlit at Sim Stories: Hijinks from the World of Sims 3!
    My Simlit Discussion/Updates | The Fringe | Short Story Challenges
    @Marialein : Yes, the story is based on a popular character archetype in Japanese media, the yandere. I am a huge fan of anime, manga, and Japanese PC visual novels, and I think the yandere character archetype is pretty well-known amongst fans of such things, but not so much amongst those that are not. The definition is:

"A fictional character (chiefly Japanese fiction) who fits the archetype of being genuinely romantic, loving, kind, merciful, sparing, sweet and gentle, but is at the same time brutal, psychotic or deranged in behavior. The psychotic tendency can be both sudden and ever-present."

I've always been fascinated by these characters and wanted to see what a story would be like with one as the main character. In all the anime I've seen, they are always supporting cast members.

I have Daily Chronic Headache syndrome, so my projects tend to update a lot slower than most people since most days I'm in pain that inhibits my creativity. Granted, I never expected Yandere Diaries to go onto hiatus for so long, but everyone visiting my site was reading Cat Chronicles and I rarely saw traffic or got comments on my other story, so whenever I was having a good day, I tended to always update the other story instead.

I think because of its darker nature Yandere Diaries has more "silent readers" -- folks that don't want to admit they are reading it by leaving a like or a comment -- and recently I have gotten some comments on it that reminded me about it. I really just need to get kickstarted back into working on it at this point, I think. This group seemed like a good opportunity to do that.

My intentions have been to go back at some point and rework the earlier chapters to match the writing style that was in Ch. 32 (the last and most recent, since it switched writing style there), and perhaps add in those fake iPhone and Facebook conversations, as at the time I started it, I didn't know such generators existed (the screencaps and plot would remain the same). Moving forward, there was very little in-game time left before the teens graduate, and then I planned on having a university arc, which I hoped to somehow alternate perspectives between the college activities with Cora-and-co off at the university and a P.I. back in Riverview investigating the trail of past crimes.
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    Have a Sim story site? Please submit your link to the Stories and Legacies Index!
  • KatNipKatNip Posts: 1,066 Member
    Hello guys, I'd like to join this? I have a current story, (my only story as of now) is featured about a kidnapping of a young, 15 year old girl, Sabrina Myers.
    http://katssimsbuzz.blogspot.com/2016/06/stories-index.html
    You can read it there?
    edited July 2016
    Welcome @KatNip ! I'm not quite sure where @iiimee has been, so the member roster on the first post is a bit out of date. With you joining us currently this reading circle has four members, with three stories in rotation as I believe @iiimee is still working on the one she plans to submit. They are:

@iiimee 's TBA

@Marialein 's Angel in the Darkness

@KatNip 's Kidnapped: Sabrina's Story

Hopefully more folks will join up in the future, but for now we can enjoy reading each other's works. I got really busy this last month as I was organizing Sims Pride, but should now have some time freed up to start reading Angel in the Darkness and Kidnapped: Sabrina's Story!
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
  • SilentWolf101SilentWolf101 Posts: 3,898 Member
    edited July 2016
    So, here I am. I hope that my stories do fit in here, when I eventually upload my new mature/adult themed story. :)

ANYWHO, here's the link to my legacy stories and the link to the forum update thread. :)

Wordpress Site: https://mysims3stories30.wordpress.com/
    Forum Thread: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/889449/silentwolf101s-legacy-update-thread/p1

EDIT: Forgot to mention that my dark story will be called Scarlet Teardrops, and I'm currently setting everything up for the story. :)
    ~Open your mind before your mouth~
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
    Come Join The Mafia! | Monthly Simlit Story Challenges
    edited July 2016
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
  • JLBDreamerJLBDreamer Posts: 622 Member
    I love the idea of this circle but I'm probably about 2 weeks away from starting the story that would work here.
    edited July 2016
    JLBDreamer wrote: »
    I love the idea of this circle but I'm probably about 2 weeks away from starting the story that would work here.

Hehe, I'm struggling with finding the right world for gen 1 and starting up the story. XD I have three worlds to choose from at the moment, and a lot more characters to make. XD But, I should be done by the end of this week so long as nothing pops up...

EDIT: Already narrowed it down to two -- Neverglade, which is perfect save for I'm using that world in another story, and Bridgeport, which I'm testing now. And I've got some of the characters made, but there's still more to be made. :)

EDIT 2: Several things came up today, but other than that I think I have a free week. :) And no matter which world is chosen, it will change after gen 1. :3 *tries not to spoil anything*
    Post edited by SilentWolf101 on
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
    @SilentWolf101 : Congrats on making so much progress on your story!

@JLBDreamer : There is plenty of room in this circle, so when you have a story that is ready, please don't feel like a stranger!

I know things have been really staggering here, since @iiimee has been gone since June 16th. How are folks feeling with how things are going and the reading? I know I've caught up with @KatNip 's story and plan to start @Marialein 's story this weekend!

I really love the focus of this reading group, as I feel that "darker-themed" stories, stories that are "more mature" in subject matter, or simply a place for readers that aren't afraid to admit they enjoy reading stories that may push past the PG-13 boundary is a great idea for a reading circle! How does everyone feel about things? Do we continue on here and hope @iiimee returns soon? Obviously we can't update any of the member roster or other important topics in the interim. Should we start another thread as a "home away from home" until she returns? Or should we start up a new circle with a new thread, and invite her to join it as soon as she returns? I certainly don't want to step on anyone's toes, I just loved the idea of this circle and want to stay active during our founder's absense! If we go with the last option, I'd volunteer to set up the thread and play hostess (I'd likely name it "Welcome to the Dark Side")

I'd really love any thoughts you may have on this matter, @SilentWolf101 , @KatNip , and @Marialein (hoping you are all still with us and interested in this circle!)
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    @mastressalita Thank you for the compliments! I have the entire prologue chapter now written out and ready for screenshots -- if my game will ever load... *Glares at game... Again* Lol. Anyways, as to the whole moving thing, it kind of bugs me that we can't update the first post, so starting a new thread is something that I'd like simply because then the first post can be updated and because of the potential new name for the circle. :) However, that may be a bias of me... As to the home-away-from-home or a new thread aspect of it, I feel like the new circle would be more appealing imo because moving away for some time, then moving back here doesn't seem all that fun to me. But that's just my opinion... :P

@JLBDreamer I realized my previous response to yours is pretty useless. XD I say once you have the story, if you still want to join, then go ahead! You'd be very welcome here.
    Thank you for your input @SilentWolf101 ! I think I'll wait a few days and see if @Marialein or @KatNip are still around, interested in the circle, and have their own thoughts as well.
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    Update: Woohoo! :D I finally have Scarlet Teardrops out, along with the first chapter. :)

Scarlet Teardrops
  • KatNipKatNip Posts: 1,066 Member
    @mastressalita
    Oh, I'm still here! :lol: I'm just more of a silent reader.
    @SilentWolf101 : Congrats on finishing the first chapter of your story! That is a great accomplishment! I will update the reading list I made on one of the posts on the first page (at least for the time being).

@KatNip : Great to hear you are still around! Did you read this post I made on here yesterday? I'm looking for some input from the Reading Circle members on the direction they want to take this since the founder has been gone for (almost) a month now and I just want to keep things active and forward moving. Any input I can get from the rest of the group would be very helpful. ^_^
    sali_adbanner3.jpg