Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Kindness Bench for SimLit Writers - For All Games!

Comments

• KarilanKarilan Posts: 2,935 Member
    Thanks @CathyTea I didn't know about the tagging system and most definitely have not put that to use lol!
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
  • For_EorzeaFor_Eorzea Posts: 380 Member
    Hello? It is I, the great Eorz. How's life? Everything okay? Did something awesome happen? Or was there a great idea, with excellence you just can't resist gushing about?

To shatter the ice, pray allow me to initiate a heel click.

Well, I for my part had a delightfully uncreative weekend of sleepovering at a friend's place, being stomped by various magiteknikal breakthroughs and... breaking pots. [Said friend taught me how to play Okami at 3 am. Or tried to.] Also, ice skating! We were fabulously bad at it.
  • IvoryButterflyIvoryButterfly Posts: 1,199 Member
    Karilan wrote: »
    Lots of thoughts already said here, so I won't add too much.

@IvoryButterfly Hi! I think your WordPress looks lovely and agree with Cathy. The mix of bright tones and dark feel feels like I'm being lured in to something fantastic. I'm not very experience with WordPress myself. I set up a freebie theme and have barely changed or modified it since.

@Karilan thank you very much.

@everybody HI *WAVES*

Work and visiting friends has kept me away and busy over the past few days.
    So, upon finally getting back to my laptop today I decided to do something very drastic, I've just deleted my old blog and I'm restarting a brand new on; it'll have the same design that has become associated with me and my writing... it was just that the old blog felt too connected to everything that had gone wrong, so I thought a fresh start would be helpful.

The new address is below, please feel free to follow (if you like) and there'll be a few changes, but in all in... I'll be getting one of my newest stories up and running soon *Happy dances*
    mbytI0Z.png
    The Universe & I have agreed to disagree with each other!
  • simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    @IvoryButterfly . Just followed you. So excited to see where this new story goes. :)

@For_Eorzea . Ahh, you went ice-skating? I'm so jealous!!! I've never been ice-skating!
    I had a fairly busy day yesterday. Not that busy, but fairly busy. Spent most of it cleaning and then in the evening, went out to dinner with some family friends. We mostly talked over each other in agreement. :D
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    For_Eorzea wrote: »
    Hello? It is I, the great Eorz. How's life? Everything okay? Did something awesome happen? Or was there a great idea, with excellence you just can't resist gushing about?

Well, I for my part had a delightfully uncreative weekend of sleepovering at a friend's place, being stomped by various magiteknikal breakthroughs and... breaking pots. [Said friend taught me how to play Okami at 3 am. Or tried to.] Also, ice skating! We were fabulously bad at it.

Hello, Great Eorz! Tis I, CT Major! Your weekend sounds fabulous! Ice-skating! Wow!

Breaking pots sounds radically awesome.

My weekend's been great! For some reason, every thing we've eaten this weekend has tasted really, really good! Like amazingly good! I think we caught "Hyper-Aware-Tastebud Syndrome," which is a pretty cool thing to have when we're eating yummy veggies and date-sweetened cookies! I'm going to have a warm date lassi soon! With cinnamon and maybe nutmeg!

I've also had fun setting up our collab tea house! :) We've got cats and a Christmas tree! And lots of lights. and high ceilings!

And... it's the weekend for the classes I'm teaching when the final papers are due, and oh, my! The students did such great work on them! I was worried because some of the rough drafts were rough indeed... but, hey! That's what rough drafts are for. The revisions were amazing.

Now... I'm going into the game to start getting pics for my Winter Reflections story which I wrote for the Short Story Challenges! Not sure what those are? Check them out! http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/903798/ @Pegasus143 and @SilentWolf101 run them--it's super fun! Maybe you want to write something for December?
    Karilan wrote: »
    Lots of thoughts already said here, so I won't add too much.

@IvoryButterfly Hi! I think your WordPress looks lovely and agree with Cathy. The mix of bright tones and dark feel feels like I'm being lured in to something fantastic. I'm not very experience with WordPress myself. I set up a freebie theme and have barely changed or modified it since.

@Karilan thank you very much.

@everybody HI *WAVES*

Work and visiting friends has kept me away and busy over the past few days.
    So, upon finally getting back to my laptop today I decided to do something very drastic, I've just deleted my old blog and I'm restarting a brand new on; it'll have the same design that has become associated with me and my writing... it was just that the old blog felt too connected to everything that had gone wrong, so I thought a fresh start would be helpful.

The new address is below, please feel free to follow (if you like) and there'll be a few changes, but in all in... I'll be getting one of my newest stories up and running soon *Happy dances*

This is so cool to start fresh! Have a great time setting this up!
    @IvoryButterfly . Just followed you. So excited to see where this new story goes. :)

@For_Eorzea . Ahh, you went ice-skating? I'm so jealous!!! I've never been ice-skating!
    I had a fairly busy day yesterday. Not that busy, but fairly busy. Spent most of it cleaning and then in the evening, went out to dinner with some family friends. We mostly talked over each other in agreement. :D

Your dinner sounds fun! Sometimes it's great to have friends you can talk over! I've developed the "High Consideration" style of communication over the past 35 years with my boyfriend who needs this communication style in order to be able to develop and express his complex thoughts. At the same time, sometimes I remember fondly the "High Involvement" style that I used to engage in with best friends in high school!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • For_EorzeaFor_Eorzea Posts: 380 Member
    @IvoryButterfly

I shall check the story out anon.

@simscognito

Nice to hear you were agreeing with your friends, at least! Happy disagreements are the best tho.

And, about the ice skating, it was just a bizarre idea. There's this outdoor skating place every winter that's upheld by the town. T'was near my friend's place so I just kind of jested about going. She looked at me with this determined grin and simply said yes. So, we rummaged through our respective families' garages for skates and met up. Children at the schools here are expected to learn how to skate, and it is in the PE program too. I suppose warmer countries have different, probably just as nice pasttimes that are easier to do there. I do like the speed that comes with ice. It feels as if you were flying.

@CathyTea

Hyper-Aware-Tastebud Syndrome hits when you least expect it. Usually, it leads to wonderful discoveries. Mixing cocoa powder, strawberries and yoghurt might sound weird, but it's the best thing ever. Nom.

The kind of cozy feeling I get when you talk about your work is quite funny, actually. My mother is a teacher, too, and I am quite used to the sight of her grading the tests piled up on the kitchen table. Good to hear the students did well - perhaps they send some kind of success aura overseas? (I have a geography exam coming. What makes matters worse is the timely arrival of the Jon Snow paradox. I am aware of the fact I know nothing. But doesn't that mean I know something?)

It'd be nice to write something short when I have time.

About the High Consideration method you mentioned (I know that wasn't directed to me but anyway), it sounds very very familiar, something that shows you make very considerate company. Sadly, it's very rare to find people who know not to enforce their extroversion on me. Hmm. Maybe I could pin the instructions to the fridge for my socially active family to see? :smiley:

The collab house sounds like home already! ^____^
    @IvoryButterfly

I shall check the story out anon.

@simscognito

Nice to hear you were agreeing with your friends, at least! Happy disagreements are the best tho.

And, about the ice skating, it was just a bizarre idea. There's this outdoor skating place every winter that's upheld by the town. T'was near my friend's place so I just kind of jested about going. She looked at me with this determined grin and simply said yes. So, we rummaged through our respective families' garages for skates and met up. Children at the schools here are expected to learn how to skate, and it is in the PE program too. I suppose warmer countries have different, probably just as nice pasttimes that are easier to do there. I do like the speed that comes with ice. It feels as if you were flying.

@CathyTea

Hyper-Aware-Tastebud Syndrome hits when you least expect it. Usually, it leads to wonderful discoveries. Mixing cocoa powder, strawberries and yoghurt might sound weird, but it's the best thing ever. Nom.

The kind of cozy feeling I get when you talk about your work is quite funny, actually. My mother is a teacher, too, and I am quite used to the sight of her grading the tests piled up on the kitchen table. Good to hear the students did well - perhaps they send some kind of success aura overseas? (I have a geography exam coming. What makes matters worse is the timely arrival of the Jon Snow paradox. I am aware of the fact I know nothing. But doesn't that mean I know something?)

It'd be nice to write something short when I have time.

About the High Consideration method you mentioned (I know that wasn't directed to me but anyway), it sounds very very familiar, something that shows you make very considerate company. Sadly, it's very rare to find people who know not to enforce their extroversion on me. Hmm. Maybe I could pin the instructions to the fridge for my socially active family to see? :smiley:

The collab house sounds like home already! ^____^

@For_Eorzea I agree. Happy disagreements are the best. I used to get a lot of those at school. It led to some very interesting debates. I know you were talking to CathyTea here, but yes, knowing nothing does mean you know something, because you know you know nothing, which is the first sign of wisdom.
    @CathyTea yeah, I'd love to write something short for this, but unfortunately I don't have time. Maybe next year. (fingers crossed). the High Consideration method sounds like me verse my mum. :D Mum came from a family full of High Involvement people, who were eager to share their ideas. That's where I got the joke, everyone talks over each other in agreement. Listening to them chatter sounds like they're having a competition on who can agree the most! :D Yeah, the dinner party was pretty positive. Full of extroverts, apart from me and another friend. We had our own little conversation at the end of the table. :)
    Just wondering, what if any, do people use to store their stories images with?
    As I've discovered Photobucket long longer works unless you buy it and I can't afford to do that... And looking at the WordPress gallery, it just seems to be straight outright pictures that get dumped into it's gallery... suggestions?
    mbytI0Z.png
  • ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    As I've discovered Photobucket long longer works unless you buy it and I can't afford to do that... And looking at the WordPress gallery, it just seems to be straight outright pictures that get dumped into it's gallery... suggestions?

@IvoryButterfly I use the WP thing ('cause i'm lazy) but imgur for my non story pictures or bonus pics. :)
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member

wordpress uses dates all the pics you take will be dated in your screenshot folder you jut match the date to yhe update. sorry if that makes no sense i just got back from work
    edited December 2017
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »

@IvoryButterfly I use the WP thing ('cause i'm lazy) but imgur for my non story pictures or bonus pics. :)

thats 3 bugsie.
  • ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member

thats 3 bugsie.

I know. I mentioned it in the lounge just now and the reason why. :)
    wordpress uses dates all the pics you take will be dated in your screenshot folder you jut match the date to yhe update. sorry if that makes no sense i just got back from work

@friendsfan367 & @Bugsie2016 thank you both so much, you got me hunting for free image storage sites and I found Google Photos, it's perfect for what I need.
    I'm kind of a perfectionist and I like things files away neatly, even more so on my computer.

I'm getting more and more excited, I can get back to writing and simming and then create my stories again... *happy dances*

Also thank you @CathyTea for the help with WordPress, I had to reread some of your notes with redoing my site, they really helped me figure out how I wanted to set up my new blog and get things going.

@everyone to all the others that also helped... sorry I'm awful at names and in my hunting backwards and forwards I got a bit lost so a HUGE thank you to you all as well... What was at first very sad and dis-paring, has now turned into something I can really work with! And then be paranoid no one will read it, or like it... *sigh*

Oh dear... I'm getting ahead of myself again...

mbytI0Z.png
  • KarilanKarilan Posts: 2,935 Member

Hi @For_Eorzea ! Your weekend sounds lovely! I haven't been ice-skating in years. I hope you had fun?

@IvoryButterfly I use imgur for all my pictures because it's free and (as far as I know) the storage is limitless. A big perk for me too is that no one can see the author of my screenshots, meaning they can't snoop my profile and see images I have uploaded for future chapters. I don't know if you can still do that in photobucket, but I had it happen years ago and it made me a bit paranoid.

I have had such a busy weekend. Yesterday my fiance and I had 3 holiday get togethers in a row which resulted in 12 straight hours of socializing. It was an...interesting mix of people I was comfortable with and people I barely knew. By the end of the night I'm happy to say I got to know co-workers I didn't previously have opportunists to chat with! I also tore a present open with my teeth during a drinking game and won a nice gift card. :D That's all the extroverted energy I can expend for a year over with in one night!
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
    oh, how do I get my signature back to a clickable image...

https://ivorybutterfly2704.wordpress.com/ my blog... yay :smiley:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Vwxn9MfaR489d9Ys1 the image link I would like to be my siggy... again... help... meep!
    mbytI0Z.png
    oh, how do I get my signature back to a clickable image...

https://ivorybutterfly2704.wordpress.com/ my blog... yay :smiley:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Vwxn9MfaR489d9Ys1 the image link I would like to be my siggy... again... help... meep!

Hi @IvoryButterfly . In the signature settings, download the image you want. Highlight the image you downloaded and, while the image is still highlighted, download your link. Hope I made sense. :D
    Hi, Kindness Bench peoples! :) I'd like to share my entry in the December Short Story Challenge with you: Evensong

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
    Hi @IvoryButterfly . In the signature settings, download the image you want. Highlight the image you downloaded and, while the image is still highlighted, download your link. Hope I made sense. :D

Grrr.... no... I'm having a dumb moment... I've tried that and nothing is working...

mbytI0Z.png

I use WordPress, @IvoryButterfly . I was able to write about 400-500 posts before I ran out of room, and each post had about 10-20 photos!

Now that I've run out of room on my primary blog, I use another one, which is for a text-only story, to host the photos. It's about 50% full after having written another 600 posts, each with 10-20 photos!

I resize my pics to 660px wide, which reduces the filesize considerable, and is still a good size for my posts.

I also read recently that Google and Wordpress have a partnership, so if you want, you can post your pics in your Google account (not sure where... Google drive?), and then Wordpress pulls them from there. I haven't tried this so I don't know how it works.

edited December 2017
    @IvoryButterfly For the siggy, try this:
    [img]https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipPmLFmmLhDwAm9M8OKeQ3Ff28mgDHzeTpHxSz_GgJwfyysLb5tSEBU22fopzdMf4g/photo/AF1QipMCKvKtutN_n5nt5yc4zgzZNBGA5DJCYyKvuYy1?key=Q1ZrZnNDT19WSHNhZ3JvRWg0Mm5vbGJwMTRhdldB[/img]

CathyTea wrote: »
    @IvoryButterfly For the siggy, try this:
    [img]https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipPmLFmmLhDwAm9M8OKeQ3Ff28mgDHzeTpHxSz_GgJwfyysLb5tSEBU22fopzdMf4g/photo/AF1QipMCKvKtutN_n5nt5yc4zgzZNBGA5DJCYyKvuYy1?key=Q1ZrZnNDT19WSHNhZ3JvRWg0Mm5vbGJwMTRhdldB[/img]

Grrr, ok for now I'm taking a break, I've spent all day on my new blog... it's very hot here so I'm just getting frustrated and unhappy... :tired_face:

Have a great day everyone
    mbytI0Z.png
    they changed wordpress boo. simcognito decied to follow my story now i have to approve but i'm lost. but what else is new i'm always lost.
    they changed wordpress boo. simcognito decied to follow my story now i have to approve but i'm lost. but what else is new i'm always lost.

I didn't notice having to approve new followers. You do need to approve new commenters. To do that, just click the notifications in the top right that show the new comments, then click "Approve" on the comment.

I didn't notice having to approve new followers. You do need to approve new commenters. To do that, just click the notifications in the top right that show the new comments, then click "Approve" on the comment.

thats what i meant yoda.

Yes, I did comment on your post, @friendsfan367 .