Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Answers for Dine Out "Food Never Served" issues - fix for Shimuzu (and others)

bouquetcatcherbouquetcatcher Posts: 1,355 Member
Issue: Food never gets served to customers.
1) Cause #1: In the EA lot Shimuzu, there is a shelf above the lefthand chef station which prevents that station from serving food, therefore your sim (or your customers) may sit forever not getting served. EA replaced this lot on 6/10 with an fixed version. This is often the case in player-made venues as well; make sure nothing is blocking the chef station, even above the shelf on the wall. EA's fixed lot has the shelf moved higher, which appears to work fine. See ShadyLady_DQ's post on page 2 with pictures.
2) Missing applianaces: this may need playing with on your own lot, but it appears that certain recipes in the game were not programmed into the chef station - base game meals, specialty coffee from the espresso maker, certain ice cream from the ice cream maker, microwave meals, popcorn. You need the stuff/game packs these came with (obviously, or you won't even have those recipes as menu choices) and these items need to be in your restaurant for the food to be served. It can be on your menu but won't get served if the objects are not present. I have not played with these yet myself, but many simmers are confirming that their presence is required.

My original post:
This bug has been reported a few times here and there, but not much. Possibly because, if I'm right, it's a specific table in a specific restaurant. *edit - thank you @ShadyLady_DQ ! The issue is a shelf blocking a chef station in Shimuzu* Now, I have not tried every single table in every Maxis restaurant (there are 9 - 6 that are automatically in your library and 3 more from the trailers that are in the Gallery). I posted this in the EA bug thread http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/Dine-Out-Food-Never-Comes/m-p/5386770/highlight/false#M25204:

So I was using the Japanese restaurant by Maxis - Shimuzu, not one of the ones automatically in your library, but in the Gallery (it's in the trailer). My sims, too, would sit for HOURS (I think the longest I waited was 8 sim hours) and never get served. A few other patrons did get served at first, but then the waiters just stood at the chef stations waiting for food, while the tickets piled up, and I never saw the chefs put a single tray up after that. I was not playing with mods on. But, to be safe, I removed my mods folder completely and tried again. Same thing. So I repaired game, then "reset" by renaming my folder and letting the game create a new one, started a new game and tried again. Different restaurant (one of the diners by Maxis found in your library) and everything worked fine. So I took this same couple to the Japanese place, sat in the same seat from my other game - same thing! No food! Had my guy go to another table and order, he got food. So I'm not sure if it's just that one seat (it was on the outdoor patio, the middle of the three 2-seat tables) or something else in that particular restaurant. While I am very glad to know I found the "bug" it's too bad that something's not right with this "premade" restaurant. I actually really like the Japanese place. When I have more time I may go into build mode and see what I can see, but since I'm so new to this type of venue I'm not sure I'll be able to see what the issue is. I mean, they requested the table and ordered food just fine, no problems. They could get a waiter to compliment or insult a chef. But they just never got food.

Anyway, try a different restaurant. It's too bad that if EA has flaws in their own builds it will taint players' first impressions! Kudos to EA! They have uploaded a fixed version of Shimuzu.
16975504789_dfde933ce1_o.jpg
Post edited by bouquetcatcher on

Comments

• ST7_MTNMANST7_MTNMAN Posts: 172 Member
    edited June 2016
    First of all Really sorry you are having these problems! Could you post the name the 3 in the gallery are listed under and I will try to see if i get the same problem and I will go into build mode and check it out?
  • blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    That is what I was gonna post, something is sitting wrong or slightly off kilter in that restaurant. It's enough to cause problems with the cook and waiters. Or maybe the host. Make sure nothing is crossing paths or should be moved a tile because it's too close to the host podium or the chef stoves.
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    @bouquetcatcher I had that same issue with the Japanese restaurant as well. I was able to have a birthday party there once & it worked fine. But then my Sim went on a date and the food was never served. My Sim sat for like 6 hours. This has happened twice. I tried playing as an owner of the restaurant, but same as you mentioned....waiters just stand there waiting for food and customers get upset. I ended up selling it and bought another restaurant. I don't have any mods.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    This bug has been reported a few times here and there, but not much. Possibly because, if I'm right, it's a specific table in a specific restaurant. Now, I have not tried every single table in every Maxis restaurant (there are 9 - 6 that are automatically in your library and 3 more from the trailers that are in the Gallery). I posted this in the EA bug thread http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/Dine-Out-Food-Never-Comes/m-p/5386770/highlight/false#M25204:

So I was using the Japanese restaurant by Maxis - not one of the ones automatically in your library, but in the Gallery (it's in the trailer). My sims, too, would sit for HOURS (I think the longest I waited was 8 sim hours) and never get served. A few other patrons did get served at first, but then the waiters just stood at the chef stations waiting for food, while the tickets piled up, and I never saw the chefs put a single tray up after that. I was not playing with mods on. But, to be safe, I removed my mods folder completely and tried again. Same thing. So I repaired game, then "reset" by renaming my folder and letting the game create a new one, started a new game and tried again. Different restaurant (one of the diners by Maxis found in your library) and everything worked fine. So I took this same couple to the Japanese place, sat in the same seat from my other game - same thing! No food! Had my guy go to another table and order, he got food. So I'm not sure if it's just that one seat (it was on the outdoor patio, the middle of the three 2-seat tables) or something else in that particular restaurant. While I am very glad to know I found the "bug" it's too bad that something's not right with this "premade" restaurant. I actually really like the Japanese place. When I have more time I may go into build mode and see what I can see, but since I'm so new to this type of venue I'm not sure I'll be able to see what the issue is. I mean, they requested the table and ordered food just fine, no problems. They could get a waiter to compliment or insult a chef. But they just never got food.

Anyway, try a different restaurant. It's too bad that if EA has flaws in their own builds it will taint players' first impressions!

I had the same problem but with 2 restuarents I downloaded from the gallery not maxis ones. The maxis ones are working fine in my game.
    I just downloaded the Shimuzu restaurant. I will take a look at it.
    Object placing issues in that restaurant. I never put the host/hostess podium, chef station and waiter/waitress stations off grid, they were in that building. So I replaced the stoves, and podium on grid, moved the planter over a bit for space.
    I moved the waiter station to the little room and removed the fridge. I added a regular cabinet in the room and put the dishwasher there. I took a few of the island cabinets behind the chef away, they may have blocked the door too much.

06-10-16_2-56-05nbspAM.png
    06-10-16_2-55-37nbspAM.png

Everything is working fine. All sims in the restaurant was served and my sims got served in 20 sim minutes.
    06-10-16_2-55-04nbspAM.png
    06-10-16_3-00-14nbspAM.png

My sim didn't like the appetizer. She will want to complain later.
    06-10-16_3-00-55nbspAM.png
  • bouquetcatcherbouquetcatcher Posts: 1,355 Member
    @blewis823 awesome pics!!! hehe. Thank you for your research!
    @ST7_MTNMAN As blewis posted, the Japanese restaurant is Shimuzu. There are 2 other Maxis-made Gallery restaurants but I have not played those yet.

The weird thing is, I was able to get served at another table. Other patrons at other tables got served. I would not *think* then that the objects were out of place. The waiter could get to my table and back to the chef station. If there were problems with any of the necessary objects - chef station, hostess stand etc - I don't think any of the tables could get served. But who knows? In TS3 I knew almost every little tweak and detail for venues, but I'm still learning in TS4. There are 2 other tables on that outdoor patio, and the end one (furthest from door) has had patrons and been served. I don't remember anyone ever sitting in the one closest to the door the times I've been there. It will take some more gameplay for sure.

@blewis823 if you have time, will you test your renovated restaurant with the seat I used? It's the front patio, the middle table (there are 3 tables out there).
  • bitterascandybitterascandy Posts: 224 Member
    I have also had this problem in the maxis experimental restaurant...the chefs were chopping away for like 6 hours and nothing was being put out...so i complained to the chef...the chef got mad at my sim and then my sim left
  • Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    I had this problem but only once at one single table so far and in a restaurant I built. I even put the table on priority service BUT I did noticed that the venue had been open ten hours at that point and wondered if that had something to do with it. The employees don't like working more then eight hours. Usually I try to stop taking customers sometime after the six hour mark which will provide enough time for people to sit, eat and leave allowing me to close the place around eight hours in. I haven't seen it more then that and I've wondered if it's maybe just random chance that occasionally your just not going to get dinner out quick enough and people are going to leave, although several hours prep time should be enough- lol. Probably some manner of bug that some people are suffering more than others like always.
  • hannaaj22hannaaj22 Posts: 685 Member
    edited June 2016
    I've had this problem at several of the restaurants that came with the game. In one case my sims reordered their food and it got delivered but they got charged twice. However after waiting a few hours for nothing, sometimes my sims don't have time to wait for their order again as they have work/school. Disappointing. Hopefully it gets fixed.
    Post edited by hannaaj22 on
    Leon Family Tree
    Origin ID: hannaaj22
  • 2011simone2011simone Posts: 2,444 Member
    Had the same issue too, had the restaurant open for 10 hours and not 1 customer was served, tried again and it did the same the following day.
    My origin id is sim2011
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    Hello
    For simmers who are having this issue, try having a shift where your sim doesn't recommend any dish and see if that helps the issue. Doing this has helped another simmer with the same issue.
    OK managed to fix it in my game, one restaurant only had water on the menu and the other only had meals at 3 stars or above so think my unskilled chef was having trouble making them. I have changed the menus and now it is working fine.
    My origin id is sim2011
    Just a note - my issue was from the perspective of simply visiting a restaurant, not owning it. So for all the fixes where you own the venue and can manage shifts, training etc that is helpful - but if you are playing the sim that is the customer you can't control any of that. So to me this isn't a management thing, where my customers weren't getting served, it's a gameplay issue. (I don't mean the info about managing isn't good, it is! hehe Just pointing out that there are really two different issues there.) I hope to play tonight some more and see what else I can find out about the issue. I mean I feel for me it is resolved - just pick a different table :D but I'd like to "permanently" resolve it.
  • ShadyLady_DQShadyLady_DQ Posts: 476 Member
    Is anyone else having a problem where they order in the restaurant but the food is never delivered? I waited about 6 hours for my sims food on their date and the date ended before they even got the drinks they ordered. The restaurants I have tried to take them to are ones that I created myself. They meet the restaurant requirements and have menus available. Any help is greatly appreciated.

I have NO mods or CC and I have repaired several times

I mentioned having this problem in the Bugs and Issues thread but wanted to add it to this thread too in hopes that any gurus might notice this issue.

As @2011simone said above she fixed it by lowering the difficulty of the food on the menu. Does this fix apply to NPC owned restaurants or only your owned/played ones. I am having my issue at NPC restaurants when I take various families. I did try the Simuzu restaurant and they were never served there. I may have to try one of the lots that actually came with the pack and see if they are still waiting forever for their food!
    @ShadyLady_DQ lol I think we were typing the same type of thing at the same time! What you said about the difficulty of the food is also part of what I meant - since I don't own the venue, I can't control that. I may see about editing the venue, I think you can change settings that way - I'll be interested to see what the skill of the chefs is, because it's a very good point. The Shimuzu venue has the higher skill foods. It makes me wonder if it's not the table I sat at, but the food I ordered! Great, now my OCD is screaming at me to get all the new foods added to my cheat sheets... :O
  • ShadyLady_DQShadyLady_DQ Posts: 476 Member
    @ShadyLady_DQ lol I think we were typing the same type of thing at the same time! What you said about the difficulty of the food is also part of what I meant - since I don't own the venue, I can't control that. I may see about editing the venue, I think you can change settings that way - I'll be interested to see what the skill of the chefs is, because it's a very good point. The Shimuzu venue has the higher skill foods. It makes me wonder if it's not the table I sat at, but the food I ordered! Great, now my OCD is screaming at me to get all the new foods added to my cheat sheets... :O

The only NPC restaurant I have successfully had a meal at so far (only once) was the "flair" restaurant that was on the gallery under MaxisCreator. I forget the name but the menu was pretty simple diner food. That went really smoothly, whole family got their food fairly quickly and everything ran as it was suppose to.

Are we going to have to own the higher skill restaurants just to get the chef to a high enough level to cook the food on the menu? That seems crazy! I just want to take my sims to a romanic fancy restaurant and eat experimental foods, come on EA is it that hard?
    Tonight I am going to see if I can edit the lot and how the chef hire settings work. I know that when you set a menu, uniforms etc that stuff transfers with the lot. But I don't know if you can specify skill level of your employees when you are just building/editing, not owning, and I don't know if that transfers. I'll keep you posted!
    [snipped]
    @blewis823 if you have time, will you test your renovated restaurant with the seat I used? It's the front patio, the middle table (there are 3 tables out there).

Okay, I will try that seating next. Thanks for the suggestion. Also I might have to work on the the chef sims skills through a cheat. ;)
    Buy the restaurant, change the menu then sell it.
    My origin id is sim2011
    Don't have to buy the restaurant, you can change the menu in build/buy mode. Even while your sims are visiting the lot.
  • VkittyVkitty Posts: 40 Member
    I'm having the same problem and it's in restaurants that I built myself. My sim orders then waits and waits and waits, her waiter comes to check on her a few times but no meal. The only solution I found so far is to give up the table and request seating again.
  • BiorasBioras Posts: 50 Member
    I have the same issue with 4 different restaurants. Two of them I created myself, so I don't think the bug is limited to one place.
  • kitty29041985kitty29041985 Posts: 792 Member
    This is awful. It is never coming. You come, order and after waiting of 9 hrs of simtime, just leaving with nothing but hunger :(
    edited June 2016
    I am strongly suspecting chef skill instead of seating or object placement. @blewis823 do you know if you can change chef skill in build/buy also? Grr I wish I was home and able to hop into game lol.

This is not the issue. the issue in Shimuzu is a shelf blocking the chef station. See @ShadyLady_DQ 's post below!
    Post edited by bouquetcatcher on