Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TheSims3.com Undergoing Maintenance

Comments

• rachiesaucerachiesauce Posts: 58 Member
    I'm pretty sure the exchange is broke again. Only 17 uploads for the day.?!? Not sure when it went down but someone on My Page uploaded a lot 6 hours ago and it's still not showing on the exchange. So yes, @LieseMietze, I think we do need to yell for help again!

Agreed. I uploaded a house last night (11 hours ago) that is still not showing up on the exchange.
  • babay_jbabay_j Posts: 21 New Member
    I hope they get the exchange fixed again....and it stays that way, this time!! I notice at the top, it says sims3 is undergoing maintenance, so I am hoping that is why. :s
  • Lexers615Lexers615 Posts: 1,214 Member
    babay_j wrote: »
    I hope they get the exchange fixed again....and it stays that way, this time!! I notice at the top, it says sims3 is undergoing maintenance, so I am hoping that is why. :s

I dont mean to be rude, but this thread has had this name for about a year now... So it's unlikely that the website is still undergoing maintenance...
    My Studio
    My Traits: Socially Awkward / Artistic / Family Oriented / Hopelessly Romantic / Absent Minded
    Academic Trait: Adventurous
    Social Group Trait (Should I ever become "Nerd" enough): Computer Whiz
    ______
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” Will Wright
    "Anything that can go wrong will go wrong." Cpt. Edward A. Murphy Jr, USAF
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
  • romagi1romagi1 Posts: 6,988 Member
    @SimGuruDrake, has anyone been notified that the Exchange is Broke?
    edited April 2017
    Thank You @SimGuruDrake! At least half of the Exchange items are now showing new items for the day! Thank You!
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    edited April 2017
    @SimGuruDrake -I've been noticing the forums were glitching out again in the past few days for some of us users.I just got hit with a monster glitch tonight.I've tested and it's affecting both Firefox and IE.
    I've now found that most of our signatures are showing only broken images and mine is one of the broken signatures here.This needs to be fixed soon.
    Post edited by TadOlson on
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • marissauromarissauro Posts: 43 Member
    Guys, I think the page is broken again... Sale is stuck in september, simpoints adds are gone, you can't log in in the store page, simpoints purchasement is getting super hard (Origin keeps redirecting us to other pages), some contents are broken etc I think there's no longer a suport for the page. Does anyone else feels the same?
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,280 Member
    @MariFontoura, some of us is still getting the simpoint ads. Maybe trying to clearing out your browser history (IE history) and your cache and cookies to see if the ads come back up or try using a different browser for the ads.
    @lisasc360 hey Lisa, I've done that already but nothing has changed. Now I keep receiving this message saying "blocked plug-in" everytime I open the Store, but all plug ins are allowed in my computer and I have already downloaded the newest version from Flash Player. I don't know what else to do to get rid of these block. Do you know what should I do? Maybe that's what's preventing adds to show to me
    @lisasc360 hey Lisa, I've done that already but nothing has changed. Now I keep receiving this message saying "blocked plug-in" everytime I open the Store, but all plug ins are allowed in my computer and I have already downloaded the newest version from Flash Player. I don't know what else to do to get rid of these block. Do you know what should I do? Maybe that's what's preventing adds to show to me

Would you happen to have any advertisement blocker? (ABP, AdBlock, etc...)
    My Studio
    My Traits: Socially Awkward / Artistic / Family Oriented / Hopelessly Romantic / Absent Minded
    ______
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” Will Wright
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
    @Lexers93 I don't. I have disable them all. When I click to see what has been "blocked" it shows nothing but information saying this message is an error that can be solved by updating the Flash Player, but mine is already updated :(
    @Lexers93 I don't. I have disable them all. When I click to see what has been "blocked" it shows nothing but information saying this message is an error that can be solved by updating the Flash Player, but mine is already updated :(

Then you might have multiple copies of multiple versions of Flash Player... Do you have CCleaner installed? If so, go to "Tools"/"Uninstall" and check how many entries of "Adobe Flash" there are. If you see more than one, uninstall the old versions (you got to get the most recent ones, and if you have the x86 and x64 versions install, you need to keep the most recent versions of both).
    My Studio
    ______
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited April 2017
    @Lexers615 - Flash Player comes in different versions for different types of browsers (yes, they all should be updated; with IE/Edge, Firefox, and Chrome a user might need three of them), but I never realized they had different 32- and 64-bit versions. Are you sure you aren't thinking of Java?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
    I'm so lost! Haha I'll try the CCleaner though! I tried to access the page using FireFox and I was able to watch one add. It paid 5 sp. I'm waiting for more, but that was all. But one thing that still does not works is logging in using the Store page. I have to acess the comunity one to be able to log in. Is that happening with you guys as well?
    igazor wrote: »
    @Lexers615 - Flash Player comes in different versions for different types of browsers (yes, they all should be updated; with IE/Edge, Firefox, and Chrome a user might need three of them), but I never realized they had different 32- and 64-bit versions. Are you sure you aren't thinking of Java?

I just checked on my own computer and I have 3 versions installed for Firefox and Chrome (and I never ever ever use chrome), and that's because under Windows 10, Internet explorer's and Edge's Flash are, from what I've heard, maintained by Windows update. You seem to be right though that there are no 32-64 variants.

@MariFontoura Just to be sure, try reinstalling it: https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/
    My Studio
    ______
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
    @Lexers615 I actually still use Windows 7! I've installed the flash player already from there. But using the FireFox this plug-in error message isn't showing up :) Still, the store page need maintenance, seems like nothing is working as it should
  • rachiesaucerachiesauce Posts: 58 Member
    Hello everyone! I recently went a full round of support tickets and chat sessions with EA support over my many store issues, and the final advice I was given by EA was to make a topic on another EA forum. I thought I would share the link to that topic here, in case anyone wants to add a reply.

Here's that topic

Thanks for checking it out. I hope this does eventually get fixed, but I dare to dream. B)

• LieseMietzeLieseMietze Posts: 74 Member
    edited July 2017
    Obviously I can't sent pics, but on the Sims 3 community only icons instead of pictures are shown.
    Also at the exchange. You can not see any picture of an upload there.

Anyone here aware of this current problem ??
    Our german admins already passed it to a community manager, but nothing happens
    for days now. Do we have a maintenance going ? How long will it take this time ?
  • soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,261 Member

Yes, we noticed that too. Really a bummer for anyone uploading . @SimGuruDrake , any idea of when the exchange will be fixed?
    Same here ladies.

@SimGuruDrake, for at least the last 3 days this is all you see when you go to the exchange. Has anyone been notified?

WULEtAh.jpg
    I'm a guy, but can I join?
    My Studio
    ______
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
  • SunnyyesjamsSunnyyesjams Posts: 541 Member
    Yup happening for me too :(
    kwdT9wX.gif
  • TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    I wonder if they were hosting all those images on Photobucket? :p

Oh, and it's happening to me too, at least for recent uploads. Images from older uploads on people's Studio page show up fine.
  • LieseMietzeLieseMietze Posts: 74 Member
    At least, some people here to raise their voices. Thank you all, no matter if girl or guy. ;) Someone told me, they try to fix the issues with the store gifts and adds. But if that is true, why would they damage more, then to repair ? Wouldn't it be nice, to read something about what is going on? But obviously EA/Origin decided not to talk to us anymore. So hopefully, we can make them listen. Happy simming anyway.