Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TheSims3.com Undergoing Maintenance

Comments

• Options
    sugarplumpeachsugarplumpeach Posts: 177 Member
    lisasc360 wrote: »
    @hepburnfan, no. The problem that occurred on Friday was due to an internet attack on big internet companies that took place here on the East Coast of the USA but it effected other parts of the USA as well as other countries. There was other members of this site that couldn't gain access to the site while others could. I was able to get on to some of my sites and others I couldn't such as this one, Photobucket and Twitter as the attacks had included them also. The attackers went after a place called DYN.
    http://www.pcworld.com/article/3133847/internet/ddos-attack-on-dyn-knocks-spotify-twitter-github-etsy-and-more-offline.html

This is really interesting. I've never heard of this! Thank you.
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,284 Member
    hepburnfan wrote: »
    @hepburnfan, no. The problem that occurred on Friday was due to an internet attack on big internet companies that took place here on the East Coast of the USA but it effected other parts of the USA as well as other countries. There was other members of this site that couldn't gain access to the site while others could. I was able to get on to some of my sites and others I couldn't such as this one, Photobucket and Twitter as the attacks had included them also. The attackers went after a place called DYN.
    http://www.pcworld.com/article/3133847/internet/ddos-attack-on-dyn-knocks-spotify-twitter-github-etsy-and-more-offline.html

This is really interesting. I've never heard of this! Thank you.

You're welcome... :)

• Options
    AbellaKellaherAbellaKellaher Posts: 852 Member
    I can't actually purchase anything from the store apparently. I have, many times even in recent past and had been hitting the "make me an offer" every day in hopes of getting a bundle with Midnight Hallow but a bit over a week ago the "make me an offer" started redirecting me to an error page. So today I simply decided to just get Midnight Hallows without waiting but clicking "buy now!" button does nothing. :/
  • Options
    AndiShayAndiShay Posts: 5 New Member
    Not sure where to post this, but I am having issues with the website. On the Sims 3 community website I build up Simpoints by watching the sponsor ads. I have never had an issue with getting the points credited after watching the ad until Monday, Oct 24th 2016 when all of a sudden they just stopped being credited, even after 48 hours. I can continue to watch the ads and the Sponsor Pay popup window still appears to click on, but nothing changes in my Simpoints. I have 2442 points so I am nowhere near the limit. I also noticed the Weekly Specials page has not been changed in several weeks. The last time it was changed was October 5th 2016. I don't know if anyone will even read this post, but it would be nice to have the Sponsor pay ads get credited again. It would also be nice to know if this site is no longer being maintained. Thanks for any help :smile:
  • Options
    JahnnaJahnna Posts: 406 Member
    edited October 2016
    AndiShay wrote: »
    Not sure where to post this, but I am having issues with the website. On the Sims 3 community website I build up Simpoints by watching the sponsor ads. I have never had an issue with getting the points credited after watching the ad until Monday, Oct 24th 2016 when all of a sudden they just stopped being credited, even after 48 hours. I can continue to watch the ads and the Sponsor Pay popup window still appears to click on, but nothing changes in my Simpoints. I have 2442 points so I am nowhere near the limit. I also noticed the Weekly Specials page has not been changed in several weeks. The last time it was changed was October 5th 2016. I don't know if anyone will even read this post, but it would be nice to have the Sponsor pay ads get credited again. It would also be nice to know if this site is no longer being maintained. Thanks for any help :smile:

We are all having the same problem. They did some maintenance a few days ago and after that literally everything 🐸🐸🐸🐸 up: the daily deals, the sale, the website, the ads, the simpoints, gifting has gone mad, some ppl getting notifications twice, some people not getting any when gifted something. Everything's gone bonkers.
    I own the store since March 4th, 2017! Thanks to everybody who has helped me achieve this!
    TheSims3.com: Jahnna
  • Options
    Thanks for letting me know Jahnna. I guess I should make sure I have downloaded everything from my purchase history in case that goes funky at some point :wink:
  • Options
    LILLYNDLILLYND Posts: 3 New Member
    Hello, I've been having a problem for 2 weeks now with no real solution from EA Customer Service. I'm unable to access the 'Make Me An Offer' Page. Everything I log in and click the link i get a message saying the page is down and it's been work on. I contacted EA Customer Service and they had me clear my cache - which i did for all my browsers and re-start, but still no help. Recently, as of yesterday, i can't get free points from the advertiser section. So, now i'm affected by 2 things. This is very frustrating! Anyone, with a solution? I just started to play the game and I'm trying to get some store content for cheap or free but I can't do that and there's no sale on the page for the newest items last release! Please Help! thanks.
  • Options
    Hi Lillynd, I have been having the same issue with the Sponsor ads no longer crediting my points. From what others have said, it seems to be a website issue that occurred after the last maintenance update earlier in October. It also seems that not everyone experiences the same issues or "bugs". I have no problem getting the "Make me an offer" page to load. Clearing a browser's cache and cookies has been known to help pages load better, I did this a few weeks ago, when I was having issues logging in with the game launcher and it worked for Internet explorer 10. I looked up online how to clear the cache and cookies and followed the instructions. Did you clear the cookies as well as the cache?
  • Options
    Just an update...As of 1:25 PM central time today I have the sponsor ads crediting points again. :smiley:
  • Options
    JahnnaJahnna Posts: 406 Member
    AndiShay wrote: »
    Just an update...As of 1:25 PM central time today I have the sponsor ads crediting points again. :smiley:

Same for me, seems to be fixed! :smiley:
    I own the store since March 4th, 2017! Thanks to everybody who has helped me achieve this!
    TheSims3.com: Jahnna
  • Options
    I too have been getting simpoints from the CarsDirect, NewCar.com and the Pringles/Cheez-it ads... :)
  • Options
    LieseMietzeLieseMietze Posts: 74 Member
    Hello everybody, coming from over the sea to flag that the exchange ist broken again.
    There are icons shown instead of pictures.
    Can this please passed to a guru or someone from support ?
    Sorry, but I can't manage to put a screenshot here. But we had this Problem already more than once.
    Happy Day
  • Options
    Bily_jednorozecBily_jednorozec Posts: 1,574 Member
    edited November 2016
    Hi, I little update for here: my bookmark on TS3 section is leading me again on organized page (no more mismatched layout). :) Sometimes having to deal with login on old TS3 pages or with Apache Tomcat (or what is this) when acessing at old TS3 MyPage, but for short period only and it is supportable.
    "My Studio" on thesims3.com "My Blog" on thesims3.com
    Sorry for editing my comments frequently, in most cases I'm doing this due language issues (english isn't my native language, but I'm using english, because most used by people, with who I want to communicate).
  • Options
    notjustamom214notjustamom214 Posts: 2 New Member
    Hi, is there any idea when the Make me a deal page will be back up, if at all?
  • Options
    Lexers615Lexers615 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Hi, is there any idea when the Make me a deal page will be back up, if at all?

It sometimes works, and sometimes not... The website seems to be on the same server as the TS4 stuff, so whenever they do something, thesims3.com gets (partially) taken down. I'd say to clear cache frequently and return to thesims3.com couple times a day...
    My Studio
    My Traits: Socially Awkward / Artistic / Family Oriented / Hopelessly Romantic / Absent Minded
    Academic Trait: Adventurous
    Social Group Trait (Should I ever become "Nerd" enough): Computer Whiz
    ______
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” Will Wright
    "Anything that can go wrong will go wrong." Cpt. Edward A. Murphy Jr, USAF
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
  • Options
    KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    I'm just waiting for the Sales page to be updated.
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • Options
    KevinL5275 wrote: »

This.

Everything else is working just fine for me... :)

• Options

This.

Still stuck on the October 12th for me...
    My Studio
    My Traits: Socially Awkward / Artistic / Family Oriented / Hopelessly Romantic / Absent Minded
    ______
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” Will Wright
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Lexers615 wrote: »

This.

Same here. I'm just wondering if they're not worried about udating the Sales page anymore. And I wish that someone from EA would come and tell us what is going on here. I've tagged SimGuruDrake in one of the threads over in the Store Tech forum section and I know despina had sent her a PM about the issues but SGDrake hasn't responded to the post over in the Store Tech section.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Lexers615 wrote: »

This.

Same here. I'm just wondering if they're not worried about udating the Sales page anymore. And I wish that someone from EA would come and tell us what is going on here. I've tagged SimGuruDrake in one of the threads over in the Store Tech forum section and I know despina had sent her a PM about the issues but SGDrake hasn't responded to the post over in the Store Tech section.

@SimGuruDrake
    My Studio
    ______
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
  • Options
    AuraKnightAuraKnight Posts: 115 Member
    Bad as things are, it's worse here in Australia. We are normally directed to a local store server, but that has been completely down for a couple of weeks now. I can use a VPN to use the US one, but that's not ideal. Be nice to know what is going on.

@SimGuruDrake
  • Options
    kellycot1kellycot1 Posts: 2,226 Member
    @AuraKnight -- not sure where in Australia you are, but I haven't been having any consistent problems with the Store over the past few weeks; I am able to access all Store pages as far as I know, including the Daily Deal, MMAO and Sale. I'm also still getting ads (although they aren't always appearing on first load of a page). It might be a localised issue in certain parts of Aus, but the whole country's EA/Store servers aren't down (at least not this time!). Have you tried just changing the language setting on the Store to English -- US? That used to be a workaround for some Australian-specific issues. :wink: Good luck!
    a.k.a. Erin
    Check out The Simdex—my PDF guide to all of the Sims 3 Store content (last updated September 2015)
  • Options
    AuraKnightAuraKnight Posts: 115 Member
    edited November 2016
    @kellycot1 I'm in Tasmania, where are you? Surprised to hear you've been able to get MMAO, that's been down for me since the October freeze. I'll give that a try.

Edit: Yep, that did the trick. Still no MMAO, but I've got the local ads back now. Thanks!
    Post edited by AuraKnight on
  • Options
    kellycot1kellycot1 Posts: 2,226 Member
    @AuraKnight -- I'm in Queensland, so it's possible that we're on different Australian servers or something. Not sure exactly how the Store is set up. I haven't been testing MMAO regularly (since I've owned the Store for a while), but whenever someone mentions it on the forums, I've checked and been able to pull up the "We are Really Impressed" message or, on occasion, the Sunlit Tides Gold world.

Glad you're able to access the Store, even if MMAO is still messing up. :smile:
    a.k.a. Erin
    Check out The Simdex—my PDF guide to all of the Sims 3 Store content (last updated September 2015)
  • Options
    AuraKnight wrote: »
    Bad as things are, it's worse here in Australia. We are normally directed to a local store server, but that has been completely down for a couple of weeks now. I can use a VPN to use the US one, but that's not ideal. Be nice to know what is going on.

@SimGuruDrake

SimGuruDrake seems to be on vacation, or something, as she hasn't posted anything in two weeks now, while she usually tends to be quite a poster.
    My Studio
    ______
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg