Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TheSims3.com Undergoing Maintenance

Comments

• JaidLynnJaidLynn Posts: 12 New Member

Hi all. I am quite saddened at a couple of thingsEA has done recently concerning my ability to enjoy their products with unrestricted enjoyment.

1) They have decided that my “still working perfectly fine & hey it is paid for & no I can’t just run out & buy a new machine with the newest latest & greatest stuff on it” 8 year old—yes, I did indeed say EIGHT—laptop with Windows Vista is now NOT supported in the Origin Store!! really?! Really?! REALLY?!
    2) It seems that while they have maintained some resemblance of support over at thesims3.com & continue to offer items in various forms for sale, the videos allowing you to earn free simpoints are no longer being offered? I have been there off & on over the past month give or take & no videos have been offered. Has that service been stopped like support for my Vista OS?

However, I am glad to see that there are still active sims 3 peeps out there. I was at my friends house—the peeps that got me addicted to this game in the first place—& they have sims4….YUCK!!!! Unfortunately for EA, I will never spend my extremely hard to come by, real life American money on that game!!

Also, in my account settings for my forum profile, I am unable to set an avatar, nor am I able to set a signature—says I don’t have permission?! What gives?!
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    JaidLynn wrote: »

Also, in my account settings for my forum profile, I am unable to set an avatar, nor am I able to set a signature—says I don’t have permission?! What gives?!

This particular difficulty will be solved when you become a full member.

They've put lots of restrictions on what new members can do because of repeated attacks by trolls and other unsavory characters.

The way to become a member is to post in the forums and after you've had a few posts (I think about 30) and you have got likes from people you will suddenly discover you're a member and can do what all the other members can do.

Have fun in the forums.

I haven't looked for ads for a while so don't know if they are still there or not. But sometimes clearing your browsing caches helps. Also it may just be there aren't many available in your area for the moment. It does depend on advertisers who want to participate and where they want their ads to appear.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited August 2016

Hi all. I am quite saddened at a couple of thingsEA has done recently concerning my ability to enjoy their products with unrestricted enjoyment.

1) They have decided that my “still working perfectly fine & hey it is paid for & no I can’t just run out & buy a new machine with the newest latest & greatest stuff on it” 8 year old—yes, I did indeed say EIGHT—laptop with Windows Vista is now NOT supported in the Origin Store!! really?! Really?! REALLY?!
    2) It seems that while they have maintained some resemblance of support over at thesims3.com & continue to offer items in various forms for sale, the videos allowing you to earn free simpoints are no longer being offered? I have been there off & on over the past month give or take & no videos have been offered. Has that service been stopped like support for my Vista OS?

However, I am glad to see that there are still active sims 3 peeps out there. I was at my friends house—the peeps that got me addicted to this game in the first place—& they have sims4….YUCK!!!! Unfortunately for EA, I will never spend my extremely hard to come by, real life American money on that game!!

We may not be the "peeps" you are expecting to see, but many of us are still here enjoying TS3 and helping other to do so. :)

1 - It is not unusual for third party programs to stop supporting operating systems that are reaching end of life support. MS Vista does so in April of next year. Origin shouldn't stop working entirely on Vista now, but it will not be taken into account when changes or fixes are made to Origin and the TS3 store, same as Windows XP that went out of support some time ago. No one is saying you have to buy a new expensive computer, but you might want to consider an operating system upgrade to Win 7 if your laptop is capable of handling it.

I will point out, however, that most eight year old laptops no matter how well they are made are not going to survive much longer. They do have a tendency to wear out mechanically before then. Sounds like you have been most fortunate with yours thus far.

2 - I don't think the store ads are operating system dependent, but they have always come and gone for various players for no well-defined reason. I went well over two years without getting a single one while everyone else got tons of them, then suddenly they started appearing again with a vengeance. I could never prove this, but I think my ISP may have been blocking them for a while. In any event, it's nice when those show up but they were never a guaranteed or promised service.

On your forum account question, you are being classified as a New Member even though your account has been around for a while. It takes 30 posts and 50 points to reach full Member status again, thus restoring your ability to specify an avatar and use links in posts. This kind of thing had to be done to protect the forums from spambots and other unpleasant things.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net

2152 06 Aug 2016

Thank you for responding to my posts Karritz & Igazor…much appreciated. As you can tell I am not very forum savvy.

As for the peeps I expected to see…I had no expectations in that regards, so any peeps is good peeps!! Since these posts are not what I would call “properly dated” as in time, dd/mm/year, I was not even sure that there was anyone around still; thought maybe these replies were from years ago when they first moved the forums to this site.

In regards the “full member access”, I can understand the hesitation….people just suck & ruin it for everyone.

Not sure what you mean by properly dated. If a post was made today, it has a time stamp on it (relative to your time zone, not the poster's zone). If it was made five days ago, it would say the day of the week, if it was made last month it would say July 28, etc.

This may not be as busy a place as it was in 2013 or something, but it's still quite lively. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • KarinLKarinL Posts: 3,989 Member
    Not that it helps you any, but I'm still getting the ads. In fact, I'm playing some in another browser window while I'm typing this.
    They do come and go for people, and for me sometimes they don't show up on one browser but will on another... And I've had months where none showed at all, followed by several days where I'd get 100 points or more in one sitting.

23 Aug 2016
    igazor wrote: »
    Not sure what you mean by properly dated. If a post was made today, it has a time stamp on it (relative to your time zone, not the poster's zone). If it was made five days ago, it would say the day of the week, if it was made last month it would say July 28, etc.

This may not be as busy a place as it was in 2013 or something, but it's still quite lively. :)

I guess I was referring to the year more than anything in regards to the date...best I can tell there is no year listed....could be that I am looking right at it & not seeing it though, that seems to be happening to me alot recently. Old age I guess, lol.
    I guess I was referring to the year more than anything in regards to the date...best I can tell there is no year listed....could be that I am looking right at it & not seeing it though, that seems to be happening to me alot recently. Old age I guess, lol.

When no year is listed, the post was made in the current year. It is listed for prior years, but then we lose the date (e.g., December 2015). That's pretty standard for such forums, although things can become annoying for the first couple of weeks in January each year.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Ok, operator error it is then. Thank you.
  • Lexers615Lexers615 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Well, online features appear to be down at the moment...
    My Studio
    My Traits: Socially Awkward / Artistic / Family Oriented / Hopelessly Romantic / Absent Minded
    Academic Trait: Adventurous
    Social Group Trait (Should I ever become "Nerd" enough): Computer Whiz
    ______
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” Will Wright
    "Anything that can go wrong will go wrong." Cpt. Edward A. Murphy Jr, USAF
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
    Down again... And it's been down for about a hour now...
    My Studio
    My Traits: Socially Awkward / Artistic / Family Oriented / Hopelessly Romantic / Absent Minded
    ______
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” Will Wright
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
  • bluzkat65bluzkat65 Posts: 483 Member
    It's still down for me. My launcher keeps failing to launch. I went to update my game in Origin, but that is mess up too. Don't care for this new Origin.
    bluzkat65 wrote: »
    It's still down for me. My launcher keeps failing to launch. I went to update my game in Origin, but that is mess up too. Don't care for this new Origin.

"New" Origin is just a waste of GPU and CPU ressources...
    My Studio
    ______
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
    edited September 2016
    Down again... And I was just about to upload something...

Edit: Back up, down again, and up again... At least, if they would announce when they are to perform maintenance or such on the server...
    My Studio
    ______
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
  • RamblineRoseRamblineRose Posts: 814 Member
    I am having the same problem says my email and password is incorrect. I have used the same password since playing sims 3. I hope they fix this
    I am having the same problem says my email and password is incorrect. I have used the same password since playing sims 3. I hope they fix this

It comes and goes, most likely as they do "stuff" to their server for TS4...
    My Studio
    ______
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    It looks like our pages at the old site are down again.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
    TadOlson wrote: »
    It looks like our pages at the old site are down again.

Indeed... :/
    My Studio
    ______
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
  • despina53despina53 Posts: 1,654 Member
    I'm able to get onto MyPage. Maybe try another browser; I'm on FireFox.
    Call me Dee :p
    Proud member of the "Own The Store Club"
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I just got into my page on both Firefox v39 and Opera v30.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
    Down again, though it worked about a hour ago...
    My Studio
    ______
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
  • gnlovewgnlovew Posts: 900 Member
    I'm unable to access "My Page", that includes everything under that button, my friends, my studio, it looks like code. (Computer savvy people forgive me, I have no clue what it really is, a lot of words and numbers strung together :confused: ) Anyway, I'm sorry if someone has already reported this, I tried to get to the end of the thread to make sure I was not reporting something someone else had already mentioned. Thanks! :smile:
    gnlovew wrote: »
    I'm unable to access "My Page", that includes everything under that button, my friends, my studio, it looks like code. (Computer savvy people forgive me, I have no clue what it really is, a lot of words and numbers strung together :confused: ) Anyway, I'm sorry if someone has already reported this, I tried to get to the end of the thread to make sure I was not reporting something someone else had already mentioned. Thanks! :smile:

Don't be sorry... Whenever they are working on the server, they arbitrarily restrict access for some minutes/hours without letting us know in advance... A week ago, it was unavailable for nearly a whole day...
    My Studio
    ______
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    gnlovew wrote: »

I haven't been able to access My Page for several days. It is not in the menu for me. However, I decided to try a different browser and it works perfectly for me there. I normally use Chrome, but now, when I want to look at My Page, My Badges or anything other than My Studio I launch Internet Explorer and it all works perfectly there.