Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Restaurant Challenge!

Comments

• Options
    EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    @Jes2G Bravo on a great challenge idea. This will really highlight all the features of the Dine Out GP. It makes me happy that you are actually playing it and creating guidelines to make it fun for others as well.
  • Options
    DannieSimmerDannieSimmer Posts: 45 Member
    This sounds fun! I love the dine out pack! At first it's hard but I found that you just have to keep the customers happy and you may find yourself giving them free deserts and meals until you get enough perks to get more waiters and chefs and stuff. One of my sims owns a fashion store to.
    Orgin ID: iDannieSimmer

My Threads:
    DannieSimmers Builds and Rooms
  • Options
    Jes2GJes2G Posts: 13,032 Member
    Jes2G wrote: »
    Oh really? That makes me mad. That’s exactly what happens in the detective career! There are perfectly good useless townies who could be used for the inmates and culprits, but the game spawns even more townies for the soul purpose of having Sims to arrest! I’m not understanding the point of having a population cap if the game is going to keep blowing it. I wonder if the cap keeps raising with every game and expansion pack. Sorry…had a Simmers Gab moment there lol.

Speaking of Simmers Gab... I watched 2 more episodes last night before bed. I'm loving it! I had seen the link in your siggy but had no idea what it was before it was pointed out to me.

As to the detective career... I have a save that has no story linked to it so I rarely play it but I have an evil sim as a cop. I wanted to have her date one of the townies that she met at work and had taken fingerprints of and she wasn't able to. Every day he was behind bars when she got there but if she tried to call him out to meet her somewhere she couldn't. I hate that career btw. I can't stand trying to find clues and arresting someone is almost impossible... at least for me.

Yeah, I don’t like it either. Once I figured out how it works, I developed a pretty good system for solving cases quickly, but it doesn’t make it any more fun lol. It’s so repetitive! They all are, but at least with the doctor career you see different people lol.
    forum_final.png

Read Delicious Dishes & Dreams and more Stories By Jes2G!
    Origin ID: Jes2G | Forum Thread | Twitter | Tumblr
  • Options
    VIRTUALEE wrote: »
    Oh really? That makes me mad. That’s exactly what happens in the detective career! There are perfectly good useless townies who could be used for the inmates and culprits, but the game spawns even more townies for the soul purpose of having Sims to arrest! I’m not understanding the point of having a population cap if the game is going to keep blowing it. I wonder if the cap keeps raising with every game and expansion pack. Sorry…had a Simmers Gab moment there lol.

Speaking of Simmers Gab... I watched 2 more episodes last night before bed. I'm loving it! I had seen the link in your siggy but had no idea what it was before it was pointed out to me.

As to the detective career... I have a save that has no story linked to it so I rarely play it but I have an evil sim as a cop. I wanted to have her date one of the townies that she met at work and had taken fingerprints of and she wasn't able to. Every day he was behind bars when she got there but if she tried to call him out to meet her somewhere she couldn't. I hate that career btw. I can't stand trying to find clues and arresting someone is almost impossible... at least for me.

I have to agree the only Get to work career I really enjoy is the scientist careeer

I’ve never had any interest in it until I got the idea to make Mr. Jones a scientist lol.
    forum_final.png

• Options
    I have to agree the only Get to work career I really enjoy is the scientist careeer

I've played doctor a bit. One thing I like about it is that my rotation neighborhood doctor is the one that delivers all the babies. That's really cool in my opinion. Currently, since Alexander Goth died, I have no one in the scientist career.

That’s how it was in my legacy! My gen 7 spouse was a doctor, and she delivered a lot of the family’s babies and cured their diseases. She even did surgery on a family member!
    forum_final.png

• Options
    @Jes2G Bravo on a great challenge idea. This will really highlight all the features of the Dine Out GP. It makes me happy that you are actually playing it and creating guidelines to make it fun for others as well.

Thank you! I’m glad you think so. :D
    forum_final.png

• Options
    This sounds fun! I love the dine out pack! At first it's hard but I found that you just have to keep the customers happy and you may find yourself giving them free deserts and meals until you get enough perks to get more waiters and chefs and stuff. One of my sims owns a fashion store to.

Nice! This is definitely my all time favorite pack so far.
    forum_final.png

• Options
    VIRTUALEEVIRTUALEE Posts: 2,507 Member
    @Jes2G holy cow plants I cant wait for you to see the craptastic day Lee had on day five in a few more days - omg thankfully I am scheduling it for Saturday - but I just may do a double update tomorrow because...REASONS!!
  • Options
    @Jes2G holy cow plants I cant wait for you to see the craptastic day Lee had on day five in a few more days - omg thankfully I am scheduling it for Saturday - but I just may do a double update tomorrow because...REASONS!!

Ooooh! Can’t wait! Sounds like Jonathan may need to stop by again lol.
    forum_final.png

• Options

Ooooh! Can’t wait! Sounds like Jonathan may need to stop by again lol.

You ain't kidding!!
  • Options
    So, I played some more last night. Got the restaurant back up to 5 stars only to have it fall back down to 4.5 again. Oh well lol. Promoted everyone again, but now of course the salaries take up most of the budget. Methinks we’ll raise the prices to 175% After the promotions, only one employee was satisfied LOL. The other two are still neutral! These ladies are going to run the restaurant dry! You’ll get to meet them next week in my story. I got a few more perks: the one that makes customers eat faster, quality ingredients, and something else. Oh yeah, I did the 24 hour meal rush. There was a longer burst of more customers, but it wasn’t so many they couldn’t handle it. I’m thinking about doing some marketing to see how busy the place can get. I may get additional staff if I can justify the cost. If not, I think this restaurant is as good as it’s going to get and they will be saving for restaurant #2 and that 4500 point perk!
    forum_final.png

• Options
    Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    Hey @Jes2G! I had Meatball open his restaurant too! He's a proud and merciless owner. :smile:
    banner.jpg
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
  • Options
    StormyDayzStormyDayz Posts: 4,035 Member
    I'm playing mine right now to post later today. Day 3 my cook didn't show up so I had to close. Meh. I got the lower training costs perk and the one that makes them eat faster. I had planned on building sort of a food truck for this one but I'm thinking of just leaving everything all goofy on the lawn like it is 'cuz I find it pretty funny.
  • Options
    Maladi777 wrote: »
    Hey @Jes2G! I had Meatball open his restaurant too! He's a proud and merciless owner. :smile:
    banner.jpg

HA! Merciless. I love it lol.
    forum_final.png

• Options
    I'm playing mine right now to post later today. Day 3 my cook didn't show up so I had to close. Meh. I got the lower training costs perk and the one that makes them eat faster. I had planned on building sort of a food truck for this one but I'm thinking of just leaving everything all goofy on the lawn like it is 'cuz I find it pretty funny.

I think I might have Jonathan do something small and casual next. Maybe something similar to that burger joint Maxis made. He’ll love to have something outside.
    forum_final.png

• Options
    My cook quit so I exited the game. I'm such a cheater! ;)
  • Options
    cecerose0208cecerose0208 Posts: 1,521 Member
    I've been playing and coming up with story, but I haven't had a chance to write. Between the NBA finals, and my entire staff leaving me alone for the entire weekend, I've been busy. It took me from 8am to 3:30pm just to write this one forum message!
  • Options
    I've been playing and coming up with story, but I haven't had a chance to write. Between the NBA finals, and my entire staff leaving me alone for the entire weekend, I've been busy. It took me from 8am to 3:30pm just to write this one forum message!
    Shame on the staff for abandoning you :open_mouth: Hope you can get some time for your story. :wink:

• Options
    JennaCatzJennaCatz Posts: 760 Member
    I really need to get dine out.
    nenKuBE.gif
  • Options
    JennaCatz wrote: »

Despite all the little things about it that drive me nuts, it's hands down the best gamepack in Sims 4 in my opinion. Running a restaurant is like playing a mini-game within the game to me.
  • Options
    Eventually I will try running a restaurant. But for now I will use the new items to create Chef's kitchens in my Sim homes. ;)
  • Options

Despite all the little things about it that drive me nuts, it's hands down the best gamepack in Sims 4 in my opinion. Running a restaurant is like playing a mini-game within the game to me.

Agreed!
  • Options

DEFINITELY the best pack!
    forum_final.png

• Options
    Eventually I will try running a restaurant. But for now I will use the new items to create Chef's kitchens in my Sim homes. ;)

Nice! My Sims keep getting whims for a chef’s station and I’m like what?? You can barely cook! lol
    forum_final.png

• Options
    Emma-LeeXOXOEmma-LeeXOXO Posts: 549 Member
    WOW. I have to give this a try. I haven't yet played with the pack although I purchased it when it first came out. I might merge it with my disney legacy challenge for Tiana Generation.
    sMggKkh.png