Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I do prefer Sims 3

I've given it a go but Sims 4 doesn't quite cut it for me - for me it's the open world that seals it. I might play it occasionally but for me it's sims 3
Thanking you in advance
Julie :)

Comments

• Options
    nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member
    edited June 2016
    I agree, I cannot do without open world! And it's also Create-a-Style I can't do without for me.
  • Options
    HollyL73HollyL73 Posts: 1,452 Member
    I have no interest in Sims 4. I only just started playing Sims 3 in January of this year, I haven't even begun to scratch the surface as to what I can do with this game. I learn something new every day!
  • Options
    juleseast3003juleseast3003 Posts: 318 Member
    It does have points in it that is good I like how the sims are more intuitive but I feel claustrophobic playing it and my sims are obsessed with going to the loo and watching telly
    Thanking you in advance
  • Options
    11Marrielle11Marrielle Posts: 87 Member
    Yea if you value the open world feel and beautiful scenery, not to forget finding collectibles like rocks or going fishing in a realistic open world, Sims 4 is a huge setback... I'm not going to play it. I could live with a cartoony Sims version but no open world, missing life stages etc. isn't ever going to make me play it.
    The open world was exactly what made Sims 3 so revolutionary, now what the...?
    You may copy or save my posted images, but do not claim them as your own.
    Wishlist: here.
  • Options
    KandyKandy Posts: 2,008 Member
    Same. I enjoy CAS, but the gameplay itself is lacking for me. Though the new gender options have me interested again...
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    The Sims 3 is the greatest Sims game ever made! :smiley:

Well, at least we have newspapers anyway... ;)
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    MACRONAUTMACRONAUT Posts: 200 Member
    edited June 2016
    I would agree, I prefer sims 3 . I liked it enough to buy all the expansions, stuff packs and about 2.5gigabytes of store content.

For sims 4 I have only the base game, enough said.
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    I love both for different reasons, just like I have annoyances with both.
  • Options
    I'm going to leave it installed I'll have a play every now and again. Same with sims 2
    Thanking you in advance
  • Options
    R3B3CKVHR3B3CKVH Posts: 473 Member
    Just curious.... I have only ever played Sims 3... so what do you mean by "open world"? How is the Sims 4 NOT an Open World? I mean, I read that there was a loading screen between lots, but... can someone explain me? :lol:
    Split Reflections: A Sim Story by R3B3CKVH
    www.splitreflections.wordpress.com
    Be Sure to Subscribe
    "To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment."
    -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
    tumblr_lz7l7oGCyn1qevqqyo1_500.gif

• Options
    MACRONAUTMACRONAUT Posts: 200 Member
    R3B3CKVH - With Sims 3 you get a loading screen at the start when you load the whole town, after that you can send you sims around the town without a loading screen, thats open world. For example, suppose your household is 2 sims, one can be at home, another is at the park, you can switch back and forth between them, no loading screen.

Sims 4 method means you can only view one lot at a time, you send one sim to a park you get a loading screen to load it, and you can not view your own house without another loading screen to go back to it. Any household sims not on the currently viewed lot are effectively in limbo, you only have limited control over them. A bit like when a sim goes into a sims 3 rabbithole building.
  • Options
    JellysimwichJellysimwich Posts: 778 Member
    My favourite installment was TS3. And for so many reasons. I do play it from time to time, but I'm trying to transition fully into TS4. For me, personally, it HAS become better with recent updates. I hope more will be expanded upon.
    R3B3CKVH wrote: »
    Just curious.... I have only ever played Sims 3... so what do you mean by "open world"? How is the Sims 4 NOT an Open World? I mean, I read that there was a loading screen between lots, but... can someone explain me? :lol:

For example, if you wish to visit a neighbour, you cannot simply walk there and ring the doorbell. You are forced into a loading screen, and another one, to return home.
  • Options
    HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    edited June 2016
    I agree that TS4 has improved since launch, but it still has way too many deficiencies which I highly doubt will ever be addressed. I guess time will tell. But I can't see ever switching over to it full-time any time soon, if ever. I can play it now and then but it quickly becomes pretty boring. TS3 is still the much better game, IMO. As is TS2, for that matter.
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • Options
    R3B3CKVHR3B3CKVH Posts: 473 Member
    @MACRONAUT Oh, no.... That's just bunk.
    Split Reflections: A Sim Story by R3B3CKVH
    www.splitreflections.wordpress.com
    Be Sure to Subscribe
    "To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment."
    -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
    tumblr_lz7l7oGCyn1qevqqyo1_500.gif

• Options
    I suppose each game has their own little things that are good I'm going to play sims 2 3 and 4 but mostly 3. They're all installed on my ssd drive so they load pretty quickly.
    Thanking you in advance
  • Options
    NatKingSimNatKingSim Posts: 757 Member
    I prefer the Sims 3 as well, for many reasons: the open world, color wheel, the teens and toddlers, make a world tool, cars, genetics and so on.
    bI7Zx0.gif
    Download below
  • Options
    ZuckerschockZuckerschock Posts: 28 Member
    Me as a Sim4-Player can absolutely see ur points of open world, color wheel, Toddlers...
    For me I don't mind the loading screens and enjoy the very well done design and the vivid interactions and hope for amazing future content as the 3-iteration already has.
  • Options
    But even with a good laptop isla paridiso lags soooo bad moving my sims to another town
    Thanking you in advance
  • Options
    norhanenorhane Posts: 32 Member
    i've been playing sims 4 since it came out but i just stopped after getting together, i got really bored, not matter how many mods i added to the game to give me new things to do it was still boring, i think sims 4 needs more detail. So i went back to playing sims 3 i even got the rest of ep and sp that i was missing and i've playing it non stopped for the past two months and yet i haven't tried out every thing in it. :smiley:
  • Options
    @norhane I have been playing TS3 for 6 years now and still not discovered everything either lol

Oh, and welcome to the forums :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    norhanenorhane Posts: 32 Member
    @king_of_simcity7 hahah i know right ? and thank you :blush:
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I've been playing Sims 2 and the Sims 2 Open World EP for Sims 3 which was made available with the NRaas Mod collection.I've got the entire Sims 3 collection installed and use tons of Mods with tons of CC and the game almost never lags though it can take upt to three minutes to load if it's an EA world.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    @TadOlson I have not heard of the Sims 2 Open World EP for Sims 3 before. What is it?
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Rainbow_NylaRainbow_Nyla Posts: 4 New Member
    I know i'm a little late, but whatever.

I totally understand what your saying. I have had Sims 4 for about a year and Sims 3 for a couple of months. I like Sims 3 open world better than Sims 4 new create a sim. Plus, wheres the color wheel in Sims 4! That was one of my favorite features about Sims 3. Forget toddlers, I want the color wheel back!