Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Wife Did Not Want To Dine Out With Husband

My sim is in a household with his wife. I had my sim travel to one of the new restaurants with his wife. When we got to the restaurant, my sim asked to be seated. He sat at a booth, his wife sat at the bar. I'm thinking uh... what's going on? But whatever I go ahead and have him order food. I ordered meals and drinks for both sims. When the food arrived I watched as my Sims wife got up from the bar walked over to the booth and grabbed her drink and set it down on the bar. She then did the same thing for her meal. My sim and his wife literally ate their meals in 2 different places. I had to actually have my sim get up and walk over to her then click "sit together" at the booth to get her to sit down.

Why did I have to do that? We arrive at the restaurant together why didn't we both sit and eat together? While they sat at the table I was able to put a cake on the table (which won't work btw unless you move all the dishes off the table first, so I dragged them to the floor). My sim grabbed a plate still seated at the booth and ate the cheesecake. His wife however stood up, grabbed her cake and started walking off and where do you think she went..... BACK TO THE BAR!!!

Has anyone else experienced this? I was really amused but I do want this to work properly so, what's going on? Should I have said "ask to go out on date" or something so they could sit together?

Comments

• StilleWaterStilleWater Posts: 1,566 Member
    edited June 2016
    maybe she's mad at him for some reason. Maybe she wanted to go somewhere else. Did she have something going on b4 they went out...a canceled agenda? Maybe she didn't like the booth. I noticed in my restaurant only one is seated in booths.
    7FXGVZ1.jpg?1
  • emluckysunshineemluckysunshine Posts: 58 Member
    I'm sorry, but your post made me laugh!! Maybe she really just didn't want to eat with him!! :D But, to answer your question, I haven't yet experienced this. I had my 2 sims go out to a restaurant (not on a date) and he requested a table and they both sat down next to each other the whole time. They flirted for awhile, then ordered & talked the whole time, ate their food, then left. I was kind of worried after reading some other posts, but haven't had that issue, yet.
  • Mulder123Mulder123 Posts: 68 Member
    Maybe he has been flirting with another? He's in big trouble!
    edited June 2016
    there are two different booths in build, maybe one actually is coded for one sim only. Which booth did you use? the checker board pintuck or striped or the on connected to the table, I used the less expensive checkerboard.
    7FXGVZ1.jpg?1
  • YungGigiYungGigi Posts: 1,083 Member
    I'm sorry, but your post made me laugh!! Maybe she really just didn't want to eat with him!! :D But, to answer your question, I haven't yet experienced this. I had my 2 sims go out to a restaurant (not on a date) and he requested a table and they both sat down next to each other the whole time. They flirted for awhile, then ordered & talked the whole time, ate their food, then left. I was kind of worried after reading some other posts, but haven't had that issue, yet.

Lol yea it was funny at first but then the date started to get romantic and I was thinking it would've been cool if they could've sat together from the beginning. I should try again and see if I get the same result
    there are two different booths in build, maybe one actually is coded for one sim only. Which booth did you use? the checker board pintuck or striped or the on connected to the table, I used the less expensive checkerboard.

I was in the premade seafood restaurant
    Mulder123 wrote: »
    Maybe he has been flirting with another? He's in big trouble!

I checked his romantic interests and other than his wife he only has one. Some elder lady who used to live up in his neighborhood lol hasn't seen her in forever, wife probably doesn't know so nah that can't be it
    edited June 2016
    Ok, but the booth may have been coded for one sim only, thus creating the effect you got. I just put a different booth in and will try it out after they get done sleeping.
    7FXGVZ1.jpg?1
    I just went to The Diving Pelican in build mode and it is the same booth, the cheaper one with checkerboard pintuck, that they used to make it.
    7FXGVZ1.jpg?1
  • surraaaaaasurraaaaaa Posts: 859 Member
    I had this problem too, only they weren't in the same household. My sim sat at the booth, he sat next to her, but after she ordered he went to the bathroom, then sat outside instead! Even clicking sit together didn't work, he just stood next to the table.
    There was no second date, her first date with another sim at a restaurant went well though, they sat together and he didn't leave once.
    surraaaaaa wrote: »
    I had this problem too, only they weren't in the same household. My sim sat at the booth, he sat next to her, but after she ordered he went to the bathroom, then sat outside instead! Even clicking sit together didn't work, he just stood next to the table.
    There was no second date, her first date with another sim at a restaurant went well though, they sat together and he didn't leave once.

You think it's based on chemistry? My sims are married, both friend and romance bars are about 50%
    must be chemistry...they sat 2 at the booth, so it isn't coded for one. Was worth a thought though.
    7FXGVZ1.jpg?1
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    It's called life my friend
    a256aFi.gif
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    So she prefers the BAR over sitting with her husband? :D Interesting indeed!
    I don't have a problem with the Diners (except food poisoning every time) but my Sim is Single.
    I think its a marriage thing :s
  • IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    I don't have a problem with the Diners (except food poisoning every time) but my Sim is Single.

Maybe unmarried couples need a chaperone to go and eat together?
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    IngeJones wrote: »

Maybe unmarried couples need a chaperone to go and eat together?

LOL, no chaperone for my YA Sim. But I remember when I went on a date (I was 16) my Dad made me take my three younger brothers with us to the Drive-In Theatre! Oh what fun...NOT :'(

Maybe a box could pop up when your teen is asked on a date, saying "No, you need a chaperone, you are not going on a date with my Daughter without one" Then you click "yes" and it brings up your friends list and you pick out either their sibling or parent.....if you didn't want too then click "No" and go alone on the date. Well, you know.....its all about options :D
  • Rubidium91Rubidium91 Posts: 33 Member
    I placed Chez Llama in my game to try out the restaurants, and as my alien sim, Alexis took Buzz Grunt on a date there, who should we see sitting across the room but PT9 Smith with his wife, Jenny and their daughter, Jill, all sitting together :) I thought it was very sweet.

On another note, Geoffrey Landgraab was getting cosy with an NPC, while his wife, Nancy was dining at the table next to him with Marcus Flez >< I guess the game can only get it right some of the time xD
  • belpitabelpita Posts: 1,445 Member
    LOL, no chaperone for my YA Sim. But I remember when I went on a date (I was 16) my Dad made me take my three younger brothers with us to the Drive-In Theatre! Oh what fun...NOT :'(

Maybe a box could pop up when your teen is asked on a date, saying "No, you need a chaperone, you are not going on a date with my Daughter without one" Then you click "yes" and it brings up your friends list and you pick out either their sibling or parent.....if you didn't want too then click "No" and go alone on the date. Well, you know.....its all about options :D

With all due respect, but that sounds like a really terrible idea both in real life and in the game. :s I cannot with parents (and in particular fathers) controlling their daughters' love life, but not their sons'.

YungGigi wrote: »
    Has anyone else experienced this? I was really amused but I do want this to work properly so, what's going on? Should I have said "ask to go out on date" or something so they could sit together?

My immediate thought was that it may be some issue with the build itself not allowing two Sims to sit together. I would go into Build Mode and check that. Other than that I suppose the game is just a little random at times... ;):D
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    No musical chairs they said.....................
  • LunariusMoonLunariusMoon Posts: 11 New Member
    Maybe you can try putting them in your group? This also happens when owning a restaurant too, alot of customers keep sitting at a different table/bar instead of sitting together. Really messes up all the customers when it gets busy lol -.-