March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

DRAG ME TO FAME | A Drag Queen Comp | Slots Always Open! **R2 UP**

JellysimwichJellysimwich Posts: 778 Member
DMTF Supports The LGBT+ Community!
Feel free to submit your drag and or LGBT+ sims here setup by @mastressalita
logo_01a_zpse0tmdeme.png
CC and photoshop allowed but not necessary! Vanilla sims and non-photoshoppers welcomed!

I was quite pleased with the new update that allowed sims to use gender specific clothing interchangeably, and thus, a new comp was born! For those interested in trying something a bit quirky - welcome aboard! - let's get this party started ;) xx Jelly

What is a drag queen? Answer here.
See who has already joined here.

intro_zps5fa3cr5i.png

CANON

- TS3 and TS4 inclusive.
- Sim must be created by you.
- Genetic males aged young adult to adult only.
- May use male physique or female physique in CAS.
- CC allowed.
- Photoshop on entries allowed.
- Photoshop on sim not allowed, except, to cut & paste.

HOW IT WORKS

- Comp can start with a minimal of (2) drag queens.
- Drag queens may jump in and participate in any challenge round.
- Each season has (9) challenge rounds.
- Every challenge round will have a winner.
- But simmer must have (3) wins with the same drag queen to be eligible for a badge of fabulousness!
- There are no eliminations.
- For now @jellysimwich will host and deliberate.

YOU WILL BE JUDGED ON

Creativity
Does your entry look like everyone else's? Or...does it have zing?!
Character
Does your drag queen's photoshoot scream her stage persona? Or does she just have a flashy name with no personality?
Criteria
Does your drag queen's photoshoot meet the requirements of the challenge round?

WHAT KIND OF DRAG QUEEN CAN I CREATE?

- This comp incorporates (2) sims: conventional male and drag queen.
- Your conventional male should represent in appearance what's generally considered masculine.
- Your drag queen can be whoever you want her to be! She can be a full on diva! A masculine queen! Or, a fusion of the two!

Post edited by Jellysimwich on

Comments

• JellysimwichJellysimwich Posts: 778 Member
    edited June 2016
    contestantform_zpsxmobf24y.png

DQ = drag queen
    CM = conventional male
    **CM and DQ must have the same genetics: body shape, facial structure, eye colour, and skin.**

TIP
    - Create a genetic CM in CAS.
    - Make an exact duplicate by saving him.
    - Click on gallery icon and merge duplicate back into CAS.
    - You now have (2) sims.
    - Transform one of the sims into a DQ.
    - You now have (1) CM and (1) DQ.
    - Go here for DQ name ideas.

Step 1. Form must be completed in order to compete.
    Step 2. Images should be on a CAS, solid coloured, or transparent background.
    Step 3. Copy/paste into thread and tag @Jellysimwich
    [Include full body shot of CM]
    [Include full body shot of DQ]

[b]CM name at birth:[/b]
    [b]Ethnicity:[/b]
    [b]Age:[/b]
    [b]Height:[/b]
    [b]Weight:[/b]
    [b]DQ stage name:[/b]
    [b]Describe your DQ persona:[/b]

edited June 2016
    roster_zpsjskxodxo.png

HOST
    @Jellysimwich

DELIBERATION PANEL
    @Jellysimwich
    @AngiesSmith

CONTESTANTS
    *Click spoiler for contestant portfolio!
    @strawberrigurl
    @strawberrigurl
    CM name at birth: Malachi Perez
    Ethnicity: Puerto Rican
    Height: 6'2"
    Weight: 168lbs
    DQ stage name: Cookie Banks
    Describe your DQ persona: Cookie is high maintenance, note the cushion for her tushion. Like any good dame she likes diamonds and pearls, she is sassy and funny and always the life of the party. She does not like bullies, and as such has earned a brown belt in Judo to match her protective personality.
    Her favorite sayings: LONG LIVE THE QUEEN!
    LET COOKIE TAKE A LOOKIE!
    rk6bo2_zpsx2xygavy.png
    260d4id_zps5yq5wrci.png
    14y4gso_zps896rgbr8.png
    ay8tpu_zpsfsgijcq1.png
    2uqlp1u_zpsw7hsuvwh.png
    @Penguinwa101
    @penguinwa101
    CM name at birth: Peter Sanders
    Ethnicity: White
    Height: 5'8
    Weight: 150
    DQ stage name: Glitzy Phenom (AKA: Miss Phenom)
    Describe your DQ persona: Sassy, Smartassy, and all around Badassy
    jLwZMH5_zpsw9dqfe09.png
    BAEhs9g_zpssid5zn5s.png
    *Extra
    YNLK1H4_zps8oecmlz2.gif
    @iiimee
    @iiimee
    CM name at birth: Adi Goldstein
    Ethnicity: Jewish
    Height: 6'2
    Weight: 183
    DQ stage name: Primadonna Plaything
    Describe your DQ persona: Innocent on the outside, but a young mistress when you get to know her. *Wink* Says she follows a supreme being, but wouldn't mind if you got down on your knees and worshiped her! Don't get too close to this one- You might be getting more than you asked for...
    Adi%20Goldstein%201_zpseyqqnv30.pngPrimadonna%20Plaything%201_zpskdzttykb.png
    06-10-16_7-14-35nbspPM_zpseznouy3d.png
    06-10-16_7-15-07nbspPM_zps4f7oqazs.png
    06-10-16_7-14-44nbspPM_zpsa1mhnuo8.png
    06-10-16_7-15-18nbspPM_zpsjln7gxci.png
    @keylimepiesims
    @keylimepiesim
    CM name at birth: Hazza Plumbob
    Ethnicity: Caucasian
    Height: 6'1"
    Weight: 154lb
    DQ stage name: Scarlett Fever
    Describe your DQ persona: Sweet, slightly sassy, but shy, with a bit of a dark side.
    tumblr_o8klqklaG11tj6sf3o2_500_zpsy9zsqwhp.pngtumblr_o8klqklaG11tj6sf3o3_500_zpsugquf5zn.png
    tumblr_o8klqklaG11tj6sf3o1_1280_zpscu3bn7ge.png
    @EmmaSmile
    Portfolio here!
    @psykt
    Portfolio here!
    @BobSkellington
    edited July 2016
    currentchallenge_zpsiwe8ftrl.png

Round 2: Primal Instinct
    19391_h2048w2048gt.3.jpg

In this challenge, you must channel your inner animal - the beast of the wild - that speaks to you most in spirit, mind, and body. Each of you will be flown out to exotic destinations, travel expenses paid, for your primal instinct shoot. I'm looking for an array of untamed looks, from sultry to fierce, from shy to deadly - every animal is uniquely different and beautiful in its own way. Be sure to incorporate your chosen animal's typical colours, markings, and textures. Represent that animal proudly, but don't be afraid to add your own interesting twist to make the shoot relevant to you.
    Optional: Use the 'wild card'
    uno-wild-card-wildcard-584652.png
    For this round, I am giving all contestants the 'option' to switch their male physique for female and female physique for male. The wild card allows the adjustment for this round only, and does not permit the editing of any other genetic facial or body structure adjustment.

Criteria
    Surroundings = DQ must be immersed in the natural habitat of chosen animal. Utilise some depth with flora, brushes, or trees, if applicable.
    Attire = You may directly portray your animal, or indirectly portray your animal. Consider hair style and makeup style, as well.
    Primal Instinct = You chose your animal because you connect with that animal. So bring to life that animal through facial and or body expression!

Due date July 25th.
    edited July 2016
    winners_zpsqwz1p2il.png

R1: Pride
    @Penguinwa101
    BCXAlYo_zpsv7u5mao9.jpg
    Show Us Your Shining Personality = +3
    Seeing a lot of 'Don't Even Girl' attitude here, which is on point, since your DQ is a self-proclaimed Badassy! The hands on the hips and loud patterns and colours definitely call attention to your DQ.

Vibrant Colours + Fun Designs = +4
    Again, dazzling with bold colours and patterns, making this shoot striking to look at. The head-piece is an especially eye grabbing touch.

LGBT+ Enviro + Surrounding = +3
    I like the use of the PRIDE balloons, that's a nice take on the rainbow pride flag, though representing the same thing.

Total = 10 out of 12
    @EmmaSmile
    pride_zpsgvml4c8z.jpg
    Show Us Your Shining Personality = +4
    This flawlessly nails Venus's 'ice cold gaze'! Her stare is forewarning, daring those who challenge her to push her buttons. This shoot captures a strong sense of confidence and "I don't give a plumbob what anyone thinks!" It reflects your DQ's intro backstory spot-on.

Vibrant Colours + Fun Designs = +4
    I like that you've chosen to go a different colour palette than the typical rainbow and glitter look. The outfit definitely emphasises your DQ's persona of not being the cheery bubbly type.

LGBT+ Enviro + Surrounding = +2
    I felt the overall environment and surrounding fell short on depicting a LGBT+ parade. It would have been nice to see some other sims or people nearby, just to give you a sense that you're at a hustling and bustling event.

Total = 10 out of 12
    edited June 2016
    RESERVED
    RESERVED.
  • AngiesSmithAngiesSmith Posts: 414 Member
    This looks cool! I don't know if I can enter but I'd love to judge if you needed me :)
    AngiesSmith.png
    This looks cool! I don't know if I can enter but I'd love to judge if you needed me :)

You are most welcome to judge :) I'm going by the scoring system on our collab blog.
  • AngiesSmithAngiesSmith Posts: 414 Member

You are most welcome to judge :) I'm going by the scoring system on our collab blog.

Ok cool!
    AngiesSmith.png
  • dafadollydafadolly Posts: 1,215 Member
    🐸🐸🐸🐸 this idea is brilliant!! :love: I'm gonna lurk on this challenge like crazy. It hasn't even started but I'm already turning on the notifications for it LOL
  • GegeGege Posts: 2,548 Member
    I have been waiting for this comp. I'll join. Please reserve a spot for me.
    mWC1gjz.gif
    dafadolly wrote: »
    🐸🐸🐸🐸 this idea is brilliant!! :love: I'm gonna lurk on this challenge like crazy. It hasn't even started but I'm already turning on the notifications for it LOL

Awesome! Hope you'll be back to join :) You can jump in at any time. We only need 2 DQs to get things started.
    I have been waiting for this comp. I'll join. Please reserve a spot for me.

I knew it might be an iffy comp for some. You're either gonna love the idea or hate it, haha. Anyway DONE you're added to the list! We only need 1 more person to start but we can also wait for a few more simmers.
  • MissBirdieMissBirdie Posts: 3,003 Member
    This looks SO fun.. I haven't tried the new gender stuff yet as im away and not with my sims pc, but when im back and if I can make a sim im happy with, ill definitely join :) Great idea though!!
    “Lying, the telling of beautiful untrue things, is the proper aim of Art.” – Oscar Wilde.
    MissBirdie wrote: »
    This looks SO fun.. I haven't tried the new gender stuff yet as im away and not with my sims pc, but when im back and if I can make a sim im happy with, ill definitely join :) Great idea though!!

Would love more queens to show up! You can pop in and out in whatever round you wish, too.
  • Penguinwa101Penguinwa101 Posts: 3,131 Member
    OMG! i LOVE this idea!! YAAAAAAASSS! Reserve me 1 slot please ma'am! :love:
    3gXRDPf.gif
    Twitter: @Penguinwa101
    Tumblr: http://penguinentertainment.tumblr.com/
    Youtube: Penguin Entertainment
    OMG! i LOVE this idea!! YAAAAAAASSS! Reserve me 1 slot please ma'am! :love:

Added! x
    @strawberrigurl @Penguinwa101 we only need a minimal of two simmers to start this comp, but because it's a new idea, I was thinking we wait a wee bit longer to see if there's any more interest before we get started. If you both want to start now, let me know, as others can jump in whenever they fancy. This comp just does one round after another. Anyway, unless you object, I'll give it the rest of this week before posting the first challenge :)
  • Penguinwa101Penguinwa101 Posts: 3,131 Member
    @strawberrigurl @Penguinwa101 we only need a minimal of two simmers to start this comp, but because it's a new idea, I was thinking we wait a wee bit longer to see if there's any more interest before we get started. If you both want to start now, let me know, as others can jump in whenever they fancy. This comp just does one round after another. Anyway, unless you object, I'll give it the rest of this week before posting the first challenge :)

Oh yeah no problem! It'll take me a but to get the app together lol
    3gXRDPf.gif
    Twitter: @Penguinwa101
    Tumblr: http://penguinentertainment.tumblr.com/
    Youtube: Penguin Entertainment
  • GegeGege Posts: 2,548 Member

I'm fine with waiting. The more the merrier. I've started working on my DQ & CM. Is it okay if I post the app this week though?
    mWC1gjz.gif

I'm fine with waiting. The more the merrier. I've started working on my DQ & CM. Is it okay if I post the app this week though?

You can post it right away :)
  • mastressalitamastressalita Posts: 2,874 Member
    edited June 2016
    I love drag queens SO MUCH, but I'm a TS3 player, so I will just submit all my love and support and will definitely be keeping a close watch on this thread! *squee!* I even wrote a short story about how a drag queen (Latrice Royale) taught me to love my own body. ^_^;;

Also, if any of you want to submit a picture of your Queens (or any LGBTQQIAAPP Sim you may have from a story, a Simself, or just a Sim you love!) please feel free to have them join Sims Pride! You can get more information here about how you can submit an image! I'm taking submissions for Sims Pride until June 19th! (If it is inappropriate to advertise this here I will by all means edit this out, just let me know. ^_^ )
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    Have a Sim story site? Please submit your link to the Stories and Legacies Index!
    Check out my Simlit at Sim Stories: Hijinks from the World of Sims 3!
    My Simlit Discussion/Updates | The Fringe | Short Story Challenges
    @mastressalita would you be interested in joining if I included TS3 players? I'm not opposed to this! It just hadn't dawned on me... Let me know! I think I will include TS3 players anyway :) And you're fine! I have sims I could contribute :)
  • iiimeeiiimee Posts: 402 Member
    X_X I'd like to join- I am not an expert at using Create-A-Sim, but I think that I have a small chance of winning, so long as those using CC aren't way better than me... Can I join?
    Read At The Sim's Library
  • iiimeeiiimee Posts: 402 Member
    Oh, and are the drag queens being judged based on their passability, or does it matter if I make mine a little masculine as well as feminine? For example, drag queens with beards are beautiful! <3
    Read At The Sim's Library