Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Achievement Thread - Guide on how to achieve them

Comments

• catsanchez27catsanchez27 Posts: 52 Member
    edited June 2016
    Thanks for this amazing list! I have bookmarked it. Do you need to be signed in for the achievements to work and register? I wasn't sure.
  • Lexers615Lexers615 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Thanks for this amazing list! I have bookmarked it. Do you need to be signed in for the achievements to work and register? I wasn't sure.

You need to be registered on thesims3.com and "sign in" in the game (not in the launcher)
    My Studio
    My Traits: Socially Awkward / Artistic / Family Oriented / Hopelessly Romantic / Absent Minded
    Academic Trait: Adventurous
    Social Group Trait (Should I ever become "Nerd" enough): Computer Whiz
    ______
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” Will Wright
    "Anything that can go wrong will go wrong." Cpt. Edward A. Murphy Jr, USAF
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
  • catsanchez27catsanchez27 Posts: 52 Member
    Ok, thanks! @Lexers615
  • Me1620Me1620 Posts: 4,995 Member
    edited July 2016
    @lexers615 - Thanks to your advice (I created a magician with unlucky trait and did not use lifetime rewards for a better performance), I finally received the badge for Too Close for Comfort. I thought I would be done with the sim I created for this badge but learned from on your list on page 1 that I should continue on and try for Sleeping with the Fishes. (Edit to add - Just checked my badges and I already achieved Sleeping with the Fishes with my original highly skilled magician.)

Thanks again for this list.
    a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
    Happy to help!
    My Studio
    My Traits: Socially Awkward / Artistic / Family Oriented / Hopelessly Romantic / Absent Minded
    ______
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” Will Wright
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
  • K_MollyK_Molly Posts: 39 Member
    Hello Lexers. I want to say that this thread is great, it has helped me a lot with getting badges. I do appreciate the time you put into writing this.

I'd like to comment on Spring Training.
    This part is a quote from your post:
    Spring Training (Gold)

Description: Is your Sim fit enough to run a marathon? Your muscles may be saying no, but your willpower says YES. Remember to hydrate and stretch!

Skill. Sim specific. I think I got it when my sim went for a “Jog” during “Spring”. I *think* your sim needs to “Jog” over fourty one kilometers during the Spring season, though I am not sure.

I have this achievement but I do not have Seasons installed yet so doing this during "Spring" is not a requirement. I did not pay attention to the amount of kilometers my sim ran. I only remember that I was focused on completing the optional Marathon Runner challenge for the athletic skill. My game is patched to 1.67. Thanks!
  • creativemetaphorcreativemetaphor Posts: 1,543 Member
    Wow! Thanks, that must have taken forever! :)
    @creativemetaphor You're welcome! I wanted to help other players that are focused on achievements as well.
    K_Molly wrote: »
    Hello Lexers. I want to say that this thread is great, it has helped me a lot with getting badges. I do appreciate the time you put into writing this.

Thanks!
    K_Molly wrote: »
    I'd like to comment on Spring Training.
    This part is a quote from your post:
    Spring Training (Gold)

Description: Is your Sim fit enough to run a marathon? Your muscles may be saying no, but your willpower says YES. Remember to hydrate and stretch!

Skill. Sim specific. I think I got it when my sim went for a “Jog” during “Spring”. I *think* your sim needs to “Jog” over fourty one kilometers during the Spring season, though I am not sure.

I have this achievement but I do not have Seasons installed yet so doing this during "Spring" is not a requirement. I did not pay attention to the amount of kilometers my sim ran. I only remember that I was focused on completing the optional Marathon Runner challenge for the athletic skill. My game is patched to 1.67. Thanks!

Well there is obviously another requirement for sure, but I do not know which. All my households have at least one athletic sim, and "Jogging" on vacation is a great way to level "Athleticism", so I made my sims jog around Egypt or China quite often, yet I remember this achievement only triggering at home, which is why I thought about the season. Looks like I'm wrong about it...
    My Studio
    ______
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
    Cooking achievements

I was talking with a friend, and she told me she was working on the 200 perfect meals achievement, and was having a hard time keeping track, so here's what I told her.

First of all, all perfect "Lobster Thermidor", "Grilled Cheese", "Hamburger", "Stuffed Turkey", "Goopy Carbonara", "Tri-Tip Steak", "Stew Surprise", and "Key Lime Pies" count for the "Bon appétit!", "The Perfect Chef", and "Pastry Perfect" achievement and they all count for the "Profoundly Perfect Dishes", so working them all together will speed up the process ("Bon appétit!" and "Pastry Perfect" have another requirement regarding specific levels of the culinary career though). So working them together speeds up the process.

This said, the best way to keep track is to open the skill journal, under the cooking tab, and note the number of perfect meals served for each cooking sims in all the household you play on this computer. It will give you a more or less accurate progression ratio.

Without skipping work nor using cheats, it took my sim three days to cook the required lobsters, and more two days for the other meals, so I'd guess a non-working sim can cook 15 meals a deal, while a working one can cook 6 or 7. If you want to "slave drive" your non-working sim, some "Potent invigorating" elixirs (one roughly each 36 hours), some "World Adventure" dried food or plenty of other fruits (two to fill the hunger need, twice a day) (or "University Life" "Candy Bar" if and only if you also have "Island Paradise" "Steel Stomach" reward), a neighboring bathroom, and another sim in the household with a "Good Sense of Humour" to "Tell a Joke" here and there, I'd say 20 meals a deal is possible. But also, it's important to not that not all meals take the same time to cook. "Ambrosia" is the longest, and it takes about 3 hours to cook. On the other hand, PB&J seems to be the shortest, and take about half a hour, though a perfect PB&J should be an achievement by itself. "Fruit Parfait", "Sushi", "Cheese Plate" (recipe bought in France with World Adventure *OR* I've heard it can be given as a gift from a friend or higher French tourist, though I've doubtful it's true) and some other similar take about a hour to cook.
    My Studio
    ______
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
    Based on your excellent guidance, I have checked my badges. I already earned Bon appétit!, The Perfect Chef and Pastry Perfect but not with the sim I am currently using for Profoundly Perfect Dishes. Too bad! If I had your guide earlier, I would have had all those perfect meals counted towards the 200 perfect meals.

My Sim is cooking perfect Ratatouille and French Toast. I am going to open my game and check out your advice on tracking using the skill journal. I also have to have my Sim get the elixir.

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
    Me1620 wrote: »
    I would have had all those perfect meals counted towards the 200 perfect meals.

Actually, this achievement works cross all your saves... In fact, when I unlocked it, the mermaid had less than 10 perfect meals cooked so far.
    My Studio
    ______
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
    My Sim has cooked at least 45. Here's hoping the badge is earned soon.

Well, by any chance, can you track down the cooking sims in the other households you played? Important note, though... Apparently, cooking achievement require your sim to cook a group meal, and not an individual portion.
    My Studio
    ______
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
  • hugzncuddleshugzncuddles Posts: 223 Member
    What a brilliant list, thank you so much for this thread, it's definitely helping me gain some badges. You've explained what counts and what doesn't, so I know not to pursue something over and over in a certain way when it will always fail to give the badge. Bookmarked this thread, thank you again!
    Happy to help!
    My Studio
    ______
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
    Lexers615 wrote: »

Well, by any chance, can you track down the cooking sims in the other households you played? Important note, though... Apparently, cooking achievement require your sim to cook a group meal, and not an individual portion.

:( I have deleted most of my older games. Thankfully, I have my sim make group meals.
    What a brilliant list, thank you so much for this thread, it's definitely helping me gain some badges. You've explained what counts and what doesn't, so I know not to pursue something over and over in a certain way when it will always fail to give the badge. Bookmarked this thread, thank you again!

^This!!

Actually, this achievement works cross all your saves... In fact, when I unlocked it, the mermaid had less than 10 perfect meals cooked so far.

Finally!!! The Profoundly Perfect Dishes badge triggered a few minutes ago. My poor Sim is so tired of being a slave in the kitchen. The skill journal shows she prepared 336 meals. I am pretty sure about 286 of those were perfect.

• ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    @Me1620 Thanks for bumping this and @Lexers615, thanks for all the work involved.

Some of the achievements unlock content, right? An example would be the memories. But for those that don't, is it just the satisfaction of achieving goals?
    ZeeGee wrote: »
    @Me1620 Thanks for bumping this and @Lexers615, thanks for all the work involved.

Some of the achievements unlock content, right? An example would be the memories. But for those that don't, is it just the satisfaction of achieving goals?

Well, memories do get you a little something, but no other achievements do, besides a badge, and some bragging rights ;)
    My Studio
    ______
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg

Finally!!! The Profoundly Perfect Dishes badge triggered a few minutes ago. My poor Sim is so tired of being a slave in the kitchen. The skill journal shows she prepared 336 meals. I am pretty sure about 286 of those were perfect.

Congrats! Were all those dishes group meal? And were all those prepared using the same computer, or did you migrate that save to another one?
    My Studio
    ______
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    Okay, thanks for replying :)
    ZeeGee wrote: »
    Okay, thanks for replying :)

Trying to help!
    My Studio
    ______
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg

Congrats! Were all those dishes group meal? And were all those prepared using the same computer, or did you migrate that save to another one?

All were group meals, all were done in the same save, on the same computer. I only had my Sim prepare two types of meals. I did have my Sims move to a different lot in the same neighbourhood and the badge triggered not long after that. Maybe the change finally helped to trigger - unlikely.

• Valgon57Valgon57 Posts: 2,040 Member
    edited September 2016
    I really enjoy those achievements and really excited every time a new set was released with new EP, after each new patch we can get a head start to prepare. Finished all, except IP badges.

@Lexers615
    In case you want to know the scrapped achievements I made a list 4 years ago :D And list of things that could trigger seasonal gnome: 2nd post.

@Me1620
    Jodi, I hope you can finish them all!
    Post edited by Valgon57 on
    @Valgon57 - It is good to see you! Although I didn't recognize you with the different avatar. I love the list you posted of the scrapped achievements. I still have well over 50 "attainable" in-games ones left. What I like best about the badges is trying to trigger them makes me explore aspects of the game I probably never would have before.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top