Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Achievement Thread - Guide on how to achieve them

Comments

• KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,908 Member
    @SuomiJules if you don't have the late night bars, then find some very attractive object that'll encourage them to hang around the party room. Doesn't matter what it is. If you don't keep them in the room I've found they wander all over the house and end up getting bored and someone will leave without the required moodlet.

As far as the strong arm badge is concerned. I think it is the patch level that's the problem. I achieved it on patch 1.55. I don't use Origin so don't have to be stuck on patch 1.69.
  • SuomiJulesSuomiJules Posts: 10 New Member
    I managed to just get it then! I feel like I didnt do anything differently but the moodlet for the household members was the key, and that was achieved by the LTR of a good host!

Ticked of the tanning one too, and very nearly done with Master of the literary arts. Think im at about a dozen left, the rest will need a bit more time and effort though!
    I assume its possible to turn seasons off temporarily? Its so hard to garden when everything is frozen for half the year!
    edited March 2018
    SuomiJules wrote: »
    I assume its possible to turn seasons off temporarily? Its so hard to garden when everything is frozen for half the year!

I can't because I don't use Origin. But you can turn it off - but I don't think it's a temporary thing. I'm pretty sure your save file will be beyond repair if you turn Season's off after you've been playing with it in.

I tend to garden in basements and avoid the seasonal fluctuations that way. Or else build a greenhouse. If you've got Into the Future the Soil Rugs are very useful for gardening indoors.
    Oh I didnt know you could do it in basements, the new family I just started has an enormous one! Is a greenhouse a specific building or is it just a room?
    edited March 2018
    Oh I didnt know you could do it in basements, the new family I just started has an enormous one! Is a greenhouse a specific building or is it just a room?

There is a set available from the store - or you can just use any building you like if you want it above ground. I find them a waste of space since I discovered basements work. Sprinklers don't work in basements though.

One of my many basement gardens. This one has the tractor in it too - that's the mats from Into the Future you can see - I recoloured them.

Sally007.jpg

I usually leave an empty floor above part of my basement garden as the trees are too tall for a single level. I usually try to get my gardens on the fourth basement - the bottom level. Have part of the floor missing on the second bottom level to give the trees room to grow up.

EDIT: Here's a basement with the tractor in it.

PlumbobFarm002.jpg
    Wait can you do it basements without the mats? I dont have into the future.
    Thank you so much for all these tips!!
    edited March 2018
    Wait can you do it basements without the mats? I dont have into the future.
    Thank you so much for all these tips!!

You need to use the cheat MoveObjects On to plant indoors. Just turn on the cheat and tell the sim to plant. Then turn off the cheat and the sim can continue planting. Don't leave the cheat on. Don't use it to place objects the sim needs to interact with as it'll cause major routing errors.

You need to hold down Ctrl Shift and type C. Ctrl Shift C to get the cheat box up - it's in the top left of the screen. Then type in the cheat. Or you can use the planter pots that come with Seasons and Supernatural.

EDIT: Planter pots. The frames watering them are the Swift Gro Gardening Stations that come with the Greenhouse venue from the store.

MatthewRudd001.jpg

By the way - that sim doing the weeding is a mermaid.
  • Lexers615Lexers615 Posts: 1,214 Member
    @Karritz First time ever I see the tractor indoors! Not to mention UNDERground! :D

@SuomiJules and @Puzzlezaddict Sorry I couldn't repply faster, but what Karritz is 100% correct in her suggestion.
    My Studio
    My Traits: Socially Awkward / Artistic / Family Oriented / Hopelessly Romantic / Absent Minded
    Academic Trait: Adventurous
    Social Group Trait (Should I ever become "Nerd" enough): Computer Whiz
    ______
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” Will Wright
    "Anything that can go wrong will go wrong." Cpt. Edward A. Murphy Jr, USAF
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
  • ThrippaThrippa Posts: 678 Member
    You can turn seasons (not the EP, but spring, summer, etc.) on or off in the Options menu, as well as set the length of each. Look for the tab with the leaf on it, and there's a check mark for each season and then a spot for number of days. So if you want a lot of farming, turn off the non-summer seasons, or turn off winter and fall and make spring very short. You can also turn off precipitation types; my Isla Paradiso save has no snow, for instance, although it may get rain hail and/or fog in the appropriate circumstances.
    In the launcher, you can uncheck season to "disable" it too...
    My Studio
    My Traits: Socially Awkward / Artistic / Family Oriented / Hopelessly Romantic / Absent Minded
    ______
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” Will Wright
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
    Lexers615 wrote: »

Seasons is not in the launcher if you're not on patch 1.69

If you uncheck an Expansion Pack and try to play with a saved game that has been played while a now unchecked expansion was checked, that save will become corrupted and unplayable.
    Karritz wrote: »
    Lexers615 wrote: »

Seasons is not in the launcher if you're not on patch 1.69

If you uncheck an Expansion Pack and try to play with a saved game that has been played while a now unchecked expansion was checked, that save will become corrupted and unplayable.

You're right but I assumed it was only to start a new game.
    My Studio
    ______
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
  • KATENESSKATENESS Posts: 3,610 Member
    Just a little update on the Going the Distance badge, I got it!! I decided it wouldn't hurt to send my sim jogging around some more. And it finally just randomly triggered. She had something like 2417km so it was way overdue. I also got the Fit As a Fiddle (I think that's what it's called) badge a minute later too. :)
    giphy.gif

Thank you Thrippa for that additional info on the seasons, I knew I had seen the leaf tab and will have to play around with that for the sake of gardening!
    And thank you Karritz for all the cool pics, its garden 🐸🐸🐸🐸!

Are you working on any other KATENESS?

I finally bought all 4 gnomes and it didn't work, they have to be spawned ones I guess ahhh. I randomly clicked over to another family I hadnt played in ages to check his career status for getting the stealing candy achievement and there was the winter gnome right there at their door!! I had never seen it spawned until now, they have the spring one too so I am going to play through summer and fall and just try my damnest to get those other two to spawn.

Putting off my gardening dreams until that happens haha
    Thank you Thrippa for that additional info on the seasons, I knew I had seen the leaf tab and will have to play around with that for the sake of gardening!
    And thank you Karritz for all the cool pics, its garden plum!

Are you working on any other KATENESS?

I finally bought all 4 gnomes and it didn't work, they have to be spawned ones I guess ahhh. I randomly clicked over to another family I hadnt played in ages to check his career status for getting the stealing candy achievement and there was the winter gnome right there at their door!! I had never seen it spawned until now, they have the spring one too so I am going to play through summer and fall and just try my damnest to get those other two to spawn.

Putting off my gardening dreams until that happens haha

I hope you get the achievement to trigger. Please let us know how it goes. I'm still trying to get this one too. It's so hard. The Summer and Winter gnomes are just about impossible for me. But they do turn up unexpectedly occasionally. Next time I try for them I'm going to set my game to 7 day seasons and hope for a lot of Summers and Winters. But that probably won't help.

I suspect you need to stay in the same household throughout and also be logged in for the achievement to work but I don't know what makes it work as I've not got it yet.

Happy Simming
    I have never switched active households but ive switched save slots, is that known to mess with things as wel? I knew switch houses within the save did so ive been avoiding that but I didnt even consider that I might have ruined it that way!
    I have never switched active households but ive switched save slots, is that known to mess with things as wel? I knew switch houses within the save did so ive been avoiding that but I didnt even consider that I might have ruined it that way!

I don't know the answers. I just do know that some of the badges won't trigger if the sim has changed household. For example, the badge to have 15 babies will not trigger if the sim that has the babies has moved to a different house at any time during the process.

Try dragging and dropping the gnomes around without going "into edit" lot mode...
    My Studio
    ______
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
  • ThrippaThrippa Posts: 678 Member
    Fall gnome is fairly easy. Check out the haunted house at the festival and see if you can acquire a 'hitchhiker'. Or trick or treat, but you may get a different gnome if you get one at all. Summer is the one I have the hardest time with, but it's supposed to be linked to fireworks and barbeques.
    Ill try some more dragging and dropping Lexer.
    Thrippa, yeh I have never struggled with fall or spring but Summer and winter have been much rarer!

I finally trigged head of the family, had about 35 grandchildren and then adopted a child and it finally clicked??
    Profoundly Perfect ticked off too, just 14 left!

Gotta plan my harvesting alien interacting family...
    Does anyone know for The Perfect Chef, do the meals need to be prepared in order? Or just any order of the specific meals done perfectly three times each will work?
    giphy.gif

• puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    edited March 2018
    @KATENESS My chef cooked the meals out of order, and the badge triggered precisely when it was supposed to. I would point out, though, that sometimes a sim with the natural cook trait will autonomously "kick it up a notch," turning an outstanding meal into a perfect one, and I think that the resulting meal wouldn't count towards the total. So you might want to check the quality just as your chef is plating each meal. And your sim might need to make group meals, but I don't know for sure because that's all my sim ever made.
    KATENESS wrote: »
    Does anyone know for The Perfect Chef, do the meals need to be prepared in order? Or just any order of the specific meals done perfectly three times each will work?

No they don't.
    @KATENESS My chef cooked the meals out of order, and the badge triggered precisely when it was supposed to. I would point out, though, that sometimes a sim with the natural cook trait will autonomously "kick it up a notch," turning an outstanding meal into a perfect one, and I think that the resulting meal wouldn't count towards the total. So you might want to check the quality just as your chef is plating each meal. And your sim might need to make group meals, but I don't know for sure because that's all my sim ever made.

I'm not so sure the autonomous ones wouldn't count, because the sim is still in the "cooking" chain of actions. I know for a fact though that using "Kick it up a notch" after the cooking phase doesn't work regarding cooking perfect meals.

Digression: If your sim is hungry and you're running out of time, go to the fridge and have a quick meal but cancel the action. Then, have a "natural cook" sim "kick it up a notch", and then "add herbs". You'll get a "Great" or higher quality single portion meal ready in no time!
    My Studio
    ______
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
    Cool. She's made Hamburgers perfectly twice now, and Stu Surprise once. They have mostly all perfect ingredients in the fridge and the expensive stove. So hopefully this should work well. :)
    giphy.gif

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top