Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Employees won't show up

As of right now I can't get my host to show up, I can't run the restaurant without him. I don't want to fire him due to the amount of money I've spent training him. On other days different waiters haven't showed up but at least I still had 2 other watiers each day. All of my employees have been promoted to level 5, my host satisfaction level is neutral. Is there a way to force them to show up? How can I make them happier?

Comments

• EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    Give him a raise and praise him to make him happier.
  • sheinyosheinyo Posts: 128 Member
    I cant, they are promoted as much as possible and I can't praise him if he doesn't show up.
  • lunarius571lunarius571 Posts: 16 Member
    All i can think is that it sounds like a bug. I hope this doesnt happen to me soon :neutral:
  • Sim2SporeSim2Spore Posts: 284 Member
    My waiter bugged out and wouldn't show up on his 2nd day of work. I was panicking because the restaurant was booked full and nobody was there to take orders. I tried to fire him for not showing up but the action would cancel instantly.

Workaround/Fix: Close restaurant and re-open immediately. You'll lose your customers, but at least the employee will most likely show up.
  • lunarius571lunarius571 Posts: 16 Member
    Sim2Spore wrote: »
    My waiter bugged out and wouldn't show up on his 2nd day of work. I was panicking because the restaurant was booked full and nobody was there to take orders. I tried to fire him for not showing up but the action would cancel instantly.

Workaround/Fix: Close restaurant and re-open immediately. You'll lose your customers, but at least the employee will most likely show up.

Thanks, if this happens to me ill do that right away~!
  • Theat933Theat933 Posts: 15 Member
    I'm getting something similar. Employees won't show up for next shift. The section for managing employees dont have them highed anymore and I can't select new ones. I have to leave the lot and come back to it and re-higher all new employees. It's super frustrating because then I can't every train up them or anything.
  • SkidoodilybopSkidoodilybop Posts: 123 Member
    I have this same problem! My host has been nothing but amazing since I hired him, and suddenly, after a few shifts - he just wont show up! I demoted him, thinking he was playing hooky... whoops! I'll try closing and re-opening!
    I have opened, closed and reopened the place several times. He wont show up.
  • I8PIKACHUI8PIKACHU Posts: 572 Member
    This is a bug. Criticizing or demoting staff will only make them upset if you think they're playing hooky.
    soul-glo.gif
    Let your soul shine through.
    So i invited over my host to visit then i opened the restaurant. That worked. Only now i'm missing one of my waiters. ): If i invite the waiter he wont do any work just acts like guest.
    I fired my waiter and got a new one that shows up, for now... I wish we had alternate hosts, chefs and waiters, for when the main ones don't show up and for when they get tired so we can replace them.
  • lastebilllastebill Posts: 1 New Member
    I wish EA would 🐸🐸🐸🐸 get the bugs fixed in an expantion pack that costs as much as a full game normally does... These are BASIC things. This addon IS ONLY about managing a resturant and it hardly works at all... Get you lazy greedy 🐸🐸🐸🐸 up and fix the bugs allready! It's been out for a long time now!!!
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I have employees at the vet clinic who won’t show up for work some days.
  • PaulaJediPaulaJedi Posts: 36 Member
    My vet clinic employees stopped showing up. They are "very satisfied" and get paid $30 an hour. When my sim doesn't go to the clinic, it DOES make money. Also, nobody buys treats from the vending machine anymore. It is always full. And no sims show up when I visit while it is open.
    Very strange. It all used to work fine. I wish there was a place for us to report bugs.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,593 Member
    PaulaJedi wrote: »
    My vet clinic employees stopped showing up. They are "very satisfied" and get paid $30 an hour. When my sim doesn't go to the clinic, it DOES make money. Also, nobody buys treats from the vending machine anymore. It is always full. And no sims show up when I visit while it is open.
    Very strange. It all used to work fine. I wish there was a place for us to report bugs.

Hello
    If your employees continue to not arrive, you may to fire them and hire new ones,

Repairing the game may help with your issues, To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or " options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder.
  • PudgezeePudgezee Posts: 4 New Member
    Hi I'm new to this forum so bear with me
    Hi i went to my restaurant and opens it. I noticed that my staffs ( the chefs, waitress and the host) stucked outside doing nothing. I also noticed that there are no customers dining in or coming in while this problem happens.

Please helpppp! I've put alot of effort on this resto and it's a big shame if I fire them all since I already maxed their skills out.

PS. Is this bug or problem has possibly caused by custon contents since my resto is mostly made from cc.
  • SipopSipop Posts: 166 Member
    This is a problem on console also. I have to close the restaurant then reopen to fix it.
    [
    Hey i just recently discovered just this moment.

I created a new restaurant in the same world my broken restaurant is also placed. This time, my newly created restaurant worked. The customers and the staffs are working.

I retrieved back my broken restaurant and placed NEW staffs. Still they stucked outside doing nothing. I'm thinking if the cc I put in the restaurant is the cause of the problem.
    Okay I just recently tested things out. I removed all my cc in my restaurant ONLY!!! since I run a new restaurant in the same world with the broken resto with no cc and it worked. And back to the broken resto, i removed all cc and it really worked. The staffs are not stucked anymore outside!!!.

Gotta check which cc is the one been messing.
  • millers72011millers72011 Posts: 47 Member
    Hi,

Can’t create my own discussion yet. I am having this issue. My employees didn’t show up so I hired new ones but my old employees had max vet skills and they were my sim’s sisters. The new employees show up but it’s just not the same. It would be really nice to be able to rehire them. Is there a way to do this?
  • indilokiindiloki Posts: 8 New Member
    I don't own the restaurant and there has been staff before but there isn't now, so I tried hire bar staff and she didn't show up