Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CAS Not Working, Can't Turn it Off

SAGG1SAGG1 Posts: 27 Member
Hello. Since the latest update (6/4), my CAS screen when I go into there shows only the Sim, by the which I can spin and zoom into their face, but I simply can't do anything else. There's nothing else showing other than the upper right galleries and downloadable content, which I can't even open, the same as even getting to turn off the game. There's simply nothing happening. Any advice? Thank you...

Comments

• ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    hi @SAGG1 if you have anything in your mods folder pull out the whole folder and test again, good luck
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,571 Member
    edited June 2016
    Hello
    Do you have the " More CAS Columns" or the "cc wrench icon override " mod? If you do, remove them, because they have been causing issues.

This is a link to a list of broken and updated mods that may help you.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/889265/broken-updated-mods-not-cc-june-2-patch-dine-out-gp
  • SAGG1SAGG1 Posts: 27 Member
    Ok, thanks. I'll look into both of these...
  • AseluxAselux Posts: 11 New Member
    Hi there! Sorry, I'm new here... I can't figure out how to post a thread yet, I hope it's okay to post as a comment here...

Today, after searching for some new CAS backgrounds, I accidentally ended up extracting multiple files into my mods folder by mistake, I opened my game up, and in CAS there is some 'outside looking' background (blue sky and green floor) which I can't remember installing. I'm not really a fan of the background so I ended up taking all of the mods I've installed today (around 10) out of my folder, but every time I open my game up again and into CAS, the background is still there. I've disabled script mods, disabled CC, but the background is still there. I've searched up various tutorials online to help me, but to no avail. I apologise if there is some sort of FAQ for this, but I really need some help. :(
    Hello.
    Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" and "ReticulatedSplinesView" files and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated files/ folders with the old files/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder.
    Hey there, thank you for your reply.
    I followed your steps, a couple of things I noticed while completing them. When I moved my Sims 4 folder and restarted the game, I went into CAS mode to see if anything had changed - the background was still there. I followed the remainder of your steps, exiting the game replacing those specified files. One thing to note, I /couldn't find/didn't have an "options.ini" folder, only an "Options" folder. However, I replaced all the other files you suggested. I started the game up once more but the background is still there.

This is slightly frustrating me!
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Aselux wrote: »
    I followed your steps, a couple of things I noticed while completing them. When I moved my Sims 4 folder and restarted the game, I went into CAS mode to see if anything had changed - the background was still there. I followed the remainder of your steps, exiting the game replacing those specified files. One thing to note, I /couldn't find/didn't have an "options.ini" folder, only an "Options" folder. However, I replaced all the other files you suggested. I started the game up once more but the background is still there.

Options is just Options.ini without the file extension showing - no worries on that.
    When you return the folders, be sure to not include returning the localthumbcache file. And don't return the Mods folder right away. Check first without that.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    Aselux wrote: »

Options is just Options.ini without the file extension showing - no worries on that.
    When you return the folders, be sure to not include returning the localthumbcache file. And don't return the Mods folder right away. Check first without that.

Hello, thank you for taking your time to reply to me.
    Alright, I repeated the steps that rosemow suggested, but I made sure not to include the localthumbcache file or add the Mods folder straight away. I started up my game again, however for some reason, the CAS background has changed to something different this time.

I have read through the forum rules but my account is not allowed to post links yet as I am new here. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to link to imgur otherwise, but I'd like to show you what it changed to. Instead of the green and blue background, CAS is now showing a white and hazy purple background. While it's an improvement to me, (lol) I still would like the default background back. I also did not change any files, so I'm not sure what reason there was for the game to change the background again without barely any input from me?
    Gotcha. Have you done a Game Repair?
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    Ah, ignore what I said before - the old background has returned again. I'll do one now, I'll get back to you on how a game repair works for me.
    rosemow wrote: »
    Try also completely shutting down your computer, then restarting the computer, launching the game and see if that helps.

I managed to sort it out. Thank you @rosemow and @luthienrising for helping me out! I very much appreciate it. I hope both of you have a great day. <3
    Thank you, @Aselux :)
  • elizaturrillelizaturrill Posts: 5 New Member
    Hi, I'm having the same issue. When i open CAS in game it's just my sim and no options load except a few buttons on the top right which I can't do anything with so I just have to force quit the game. I have ZERO mods or custom content. I tried resetting the folder, repairing the game, restarting my laptop, nothing works. It's SO frustrating. Also, I have a brand new Lenovo gaming laptop with an NVIDIA graphics card and when I opened the game it said my video card wasn't recognized so the game was set to the highest mode. Since then this has been the only issue. Please help!!
    Hi, I'm having the same issue. When i open CAS in game it's just my sim and no options load except a few buttons on the top right which I can't do anything with so I just have to force quit the game. I have ZERO mods or custom content. I tried resetting the folder, repairing the game, restarting my laptop, nothing works. It's SO frustrating. Also, I have a brand new Lenovo gaming laptop with an NVIDIA graphics card and when I opened the game it said my video card wasn't recognized so the game was set to the highest mode. Since then this has been the only issue. Please help!!

Hello
    I am sorry that you are having this issue. With the graphics card, it may be a later version that the game doesn’t have in their database yet.
    With your cas issue, try starting a fresh new save game, and see if the issue occurs in that new game also.
    Also, make sure that your game is uptodate with game patches.Go to Games library in Origin, right click on the Sims 4 picture and click “ check for updates”.