Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Possible bug: Has relationship culling gotten worse?

Beena0721Beena0721 Posts: 82 Member
Edited: moved this from General to bugs and issues since someone else reported the same issue. Anyone here have thoughts? Suggestions?

I know relationship culling is an intended design feature, and while I don't love it, I've been able to deal with it so far. That said, when I installed Dine Out today and loaded my game for the first time, I found that a lot of my households relationships had decayed dramatically.

I went back to a household I haven't played in a while and the husband and wife's romantic bar was at zero, their friendship bar was only 1/3 to 1/2 full, and their relationships with their kids were also only 1/3-1/2 full. I tried reloading, and it was the same. Then I looked around at some other households and found the same thing, the only household that hadn't changed was the one I most recently played. Even a couple I played only last week had both bars significantly lower.

Is this just something I'm going to have to deal with? Or has something changed with relationship culling? Or is this a bug?
Post edited by Beena0721 on

Comments

• lulubadwolflulubadwolf Posts: 630 Member
    Same in my game, I even didn't let them alone for a long time. When I left, everything was full and now they nearly act as strangers to each other. I hope it's a bug, and that it's gonna be fixed. But in the same household, there were also a brother and a sister but their relationships hasn't decayed. Maybe it's a response to the autonomous love affair... but it's a bit too much ^^'
  • Beena0721Beena0721 Posts: 82 Member
    Well, I tried removing my mods folder and repairing the game and the relationships are still nerfed. So much for binging on Dine Out, there's no point if all of my households are ruined. I hope this is a bug that they can fix and soon.
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    I read your title and thought: Is that possible ?
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

Haha, I wouldn't have thought so, but it looks like maybe it has...
  • ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    hey @Beena0721 is your game patch up to date there was a fix for a related bug some months ago but i did also notice a few patches ago the relationship decay seemed to be faster than before. i once had to reintroduce my housemates to each other while they ate dinner at home. i believe this decay rate has been determined to be intended somehow tied to the tweaks with the culling system. ..if im recalling correctly.

so update game if its not, test without mods and see what happens if you communicate at least once daily with friends etc and see if that doesnt prevent the problem from returning

@crinrict :D
    Oh yeah, my game is up to date, and I've already tested without mods as mentioned above. As I said in the OP, I know relationship culling is intended, but it's never been this rapid/dramatic before, hence me wondering if this is an intended change to it or a bug. Either way, I don't imagine there's any way to fix my current save, which really really sucks.

Does anyone know who the appropriate guru would be to ask?
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,594 Member
    Beena0721 wrote: »
    Oh yeah, my game is up to date, and I've already tested without mods as mentioned above. As I said in the OP, I know relationship culling is intended, but it's never been this rapid/dramatic before, hence me wondering if this is an intended change to it or a bug. Either way, I don't imagine there's any way to fix my current save, which really really sucks.

Hello,
    You could try rolling back your save game file to an earlier version. These links explain how to do that. The issue may occur again though.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/783120/how-to-roll-back-your-save/p1
    https://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-restore-a-previous-saved-game-in-the-sims-4/

MC Command Center mod has settings that can help with the issues.
    http://modthesims.info/d/551680
  • ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    Beena0721 wrote: »

Yeah The rapid decay is something I've notice kinda recently so repair relationships status and keep daily contact and see if that stabilizes the situation
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    This happened to me too. I had to work the relationships back up...painful
    Thanks for all of the suggestions! The simplest fix I've found so far is the modify relationships cheat. I just run that when I first load a household, and it at least gets things within the household back to normal.
  • jellicle_knightjellicle_knight Posts: 1 New Member
    I just noticed this when I went back into my favorite family: the husband and wife had lost all but some of their "green" with each-other. I'm about to cry: I found that this is the case for all of my married Sims with families. I sure hope it's just a bug and that they aren't trying to mess up the family dynamic more than they already have (i.e. Sims not actually knowing that they're already married to the person they want to get engaged with).
  • Sweet_ItalySweet_Italy Posts: 898 Member
    edited June 2016
    i have this bug too... the only thing is, i've been trying to manually repair all these relationships by having my sims socialize with each other. Their friendship/romance bars do re-fill but the relationship tags remain at acquaintance and never change.... OR when i find a household has been affected by this, they have ALL relationship tags... acquaintance, just friends, friends, good friends, its awkward, sweethearts, soulmates... every single possible tag is listed as the relationship status. the only way i've been able to fix it is to use MC to delete all relationships between two sims, then to use more cheats to fix their relationships, the only problem with that, is that they have to socialize to re-learn each others traits/career..... this wouldn't be a big deal if i had only played one or households in my game, but i have a LOT of played households that need fixing, so doing this for every family is nuts! i'm considering saving them all to my library and placing them in a new game, but then i'd have to re-do a lot of restaurant progression, clubs and other friendships between households...

I'm usually not bothered by a lot of bugs, but this one is really getting to me.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Twitch: Sweet_Italy ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Gallery: Sweet_Italy~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Check out my Showcase Thread!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Jesf8312 wrote: »
    i have this bug too... the only thing is, i've been trying to manually repair all these relationships by having my sims socialize with each other. Their friendship/romance bars do re-fill but the relationship tags remain at acquaintance and never change.... OR when i find a household has been affected by this, they have ALL relationship tags... acquaintance, just friends, friends, good friends, its awkward, sweethearts, soulmates... every single possible tag is listed as the relationship status. the only way i've been able to fix it is to use MC to delete all relationships between two sims, then to use more cheats to fix their relationships, the only problem with that, is that they have to socialize to re-learn each others traits/career..... this wouldn't be a big deal if i had only played one or households in my game, but i have a LOT of played households that need fixing, so doing this for every family is nuts! i'm considering saving them all to my library and placing them in a new game, but then i'd have to re-do a lot of restaurant progression, clubs and other friendships between households...

I'm usually not bothered by a lot of bugs, but this one is really getting to me.

Hello.
    Try using the relationship decay setting in MC Command Center to adjust the relationship decay and see if that helps the issue.
  • wendywendy Posts: 10 New Member
    please help my sims household relationships keep disappearing and their friends when i change households my sims have no more friends
    wendy wrote: »
    please help my sims household relationships keep disappearing and their friends when i change households my sims have no more friends

Hello @wendy.
    Relationship culling was a feature brought in with one of the patches.
    If you use mods,there are two mods that can help with the issue. You can only use one, not both at the same time.
    MC Command Center contains many features/functions and has help for this issue
    http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=551680

A single standalone mod that has been created to help this is issue is " No more Relationship Culling"
    http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=568880

This link thread provides help for the MC Command Center Mod. If you decide to use it and you have questions about the settings, you can post about it there, and there are helpful simmers there that will help you.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/837115/need-help-with-mc-command-center-settings-ask-here

With relationship decay of household relationships , MC Command Center mod has settings that can adjust the amount of relationship decay.
  • wendywendy Posts: 10 New Member
    @rosemow thank you for replying and nope i dont use mods i just have all of the game packs
    wendy wrote: »
    @rosemow thank you for replying and nope i dont use mods i just have all of the game packs

Hello,
    If you would like help for these issues, you may like to install either of the two mods.
  • DrakkieDrakkie Posts: 20 New Member
    Was just going to post something about this! I have NO mods whatsoever....so ugh! I had to repair some relationships...SO I'll be downloading this Mod. THANKS!!
    Drakkie wrote: »
    Was just going to post something about this! I have NO mods whatsoever....so ugh! I had to repair some relationships...SO I'll be downloading this Mod. THANKS!!

You're welcome :) I am sorry that this issue is affecting your game.
  • NectereNectere Posts: 1,002 Member
    edited June 2016
    It definitely feels like its been sped up and its gets a lot more noticeable the more sims you want to play with. At this point it feels very much like I have to play every family every time as a part of a maintenance regime rather than just sitting down to play with my toys.

oooo I get it, is the grind part of the game ?
    Mods should enhance my game, not fix it.
    Origin ID NectereSim
    Nectere wrote: »
    It definitely feels like its been sped up and its gets a lot more noticeable the more sims you want to play with. At this point it feels very much like I have to play every family every time as a part of a maintenance regime rather than just sitting down to play with my toys.

oooo I get it, is the grind part of the game ?

Hello
    The rapid amount of relationship decay may not be a part of the game. Culling and relationship culling are game features, but simmers are finding that relationship decay is happening at a much increased rate.
  • Sweet_ItalySweet_Italy Posts: 898 Member
    edited June 2016
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello.
    Try using the relationship decay setting in MC Command Center to adjust the relationship decay and see if that helps the issue.

I've had that setting turned on for a while, and definitely before the patch earlier this month that I think caused all these bugs. I had relationship culling disabled, and decay set to 0 so it would never decay, and these bugs still happened. I think I might just import my families into a new save and see if they reset, if not, I might be starting a new save file from scratch
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Twitch: Sweet_Italy ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Gallery: Sweet_Italy~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Check out my Showcase Thread!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello.

I've had that setting turned on for a while, and definitely before the patch earlier this month that I think caused all these bugs. I had relationship culling disabled, and decay set to 0 so it would never decay, and these bugs still happened. I think I might just import my families into a new save and see if they reset, if not, I might be starting a new save file from scratch

Hello .
    I am sorry that you are having these issues and that the mod isn't helping the relationship decay in your save game. I hope that a new save game may help with the issues.
  • feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    I was beginning to think it was because I moved most of my sims to a new neighbourhood. Then I thought it could be that I haven't played them in a while. Then I thought it was because of the last update. I haven't got Dine out. But I'm on my second rotation. nearly everyone's relationships are way down. The only ones that aren't as badly effected are siblings. So this is a bug.
    I was beginning to think it was because I moved most of my sims to a new neighbourhood. Then I thought it could be that I haven't played them in a while. Then I thought it was because of the last update. I haven't got Dine out. But I'm on my second rotation. nearly everyone's relationships are way down. The only ones that aren't as badly effected are siblings. So this is a bug.

Hello.
    Other simmers are having this issue. I am sorry that you are also.
    This is a link to cheats to help build up the relationships levels again.
    http://simsvip.com/sims-4-cheats-codes/#Relationships