Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Dine Out: Chef at your own restaurant?

lunarius571lunarius571 Posts: 16 Member
Just letting people know that you can't be your own chef sadly, I found out with some research :( I was raising my cooking skill for this specifically too... sorry guys :( really was looking forward to it too >.<
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• lunarius571lunarius571 Posts: 16 Member
    Just posting this so that people dont waste their time figuring out why it didnt work
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    We knew this already :p
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • TheSimerTheSimer Posts: 1,007 Member
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    Thank you for telling us though. :)
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,552 Member
    Well, I didn't remember them saying we couldn't be our own chefs, so thank you for that. Perhaps my Foodie will be content just owning and running the place? It could happen. But, at least we have some say-so, right?
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
    BabySquare wrote: »
    Thank you for telling us though. :)

Thanks :) This is just the post for the people who didn't know. Maybe if it's highly requested, would be so nice :D Or maybe even play as the host or waiter would be fun, like we can on the "get to work" expansion where you can ring out customers or talk about sales or stock.
    Maybe they'll add it in get to work expansion later, especially the food critic job xD
  • KelleygirlKelleygirl Posts: 599 Member
    edited June 2016
    Thanks OP for the info, not everyone knew it two weeks ago. In fact, I just found out from your post. :)
    Kelleygirl wrote: »
    Thanks OP for the info, not everyone knew it two weeks ago. In fact, I just found out from your post. :)

You're very welcome! :D and thank you -^^-
  • ReginalBooBellaReginalBooBella Posts: 24 Member
    I kind of wish EA could have gone back to the sims 2.. improved some of the textures, increase the polygon count, and expand the closed world... We already have everything we need in the sims 2 and more.
  • WndblwzWndblwz Posts: 368 Member
    Thanks. I would have definitely wasted my time finding out on my own. Bummer. I was planning on having perfectly-skilled household members be the staff. :(
    I know! same :( sorry for all your hard work. Maybe they'll add it later if it's highly requested? ;) Wishful thinking, one can only hope hehe :p
  • ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    Well I didn't know this :/ and the chef skill is a big deal even for npc run restaurants so I was about the customize all of mine to prevent bad cooking, thanks
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Well Its still a good idea to have those high Cooking/baking skills. It doesn't make sense to own a restaurant and have zero knowledge about food.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    Op, there are some good guides out there that explain all the game play etc. :)
    http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • ToblieToblie Posts: 3,099 Member
    What, thanks for letting me know. That makes me reconsider buying it.
    That seems so stupid. So we have the culinary profession but can't work in our restaurants as a chef.
    SMH
  • SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    You can open a take away with the retail system and the cooking equipment from dine out.. not quite the same but it could be fun.
  • sushi998sushi998 Posts: 10 New Member
    Great, makes sence, no cooking in your own restaurant, yet another missed opportunity. It's sad to see how they manage to leave key gameplay out in every sims 4 game so far. Still waiting for those toddlers ...
  • xBlackDragon7xxBlackDragon7x Posts: 173 Member
    what? ah man i was really hopeing to be a chef at my own restaurant :( this is horrible!
  • RaevynRaevyn Posts: 428 Member
    I really DONT understand how or even WHY for that matter the developers couldn't have just allowed the players to use their own Sims for Chef/waiter/host etc. Animations are all in place so WHY lock it specifically that you MUST hire someone to be the chef. In many small scale restaurants the fact is that owner-operated style businesses are very popular. Seems like a unnecessary restriction.
    XElladoraX wrote: »
    I really DONT understand how or even WHY for that matter the developers couldn't have just allowed the players to use their own Sims for Chef/waiter/host etc. Animations are all in place so WHY lock it specifically that you MUST hire someone to be the chef. In many small scale restaurants the fact is that owner-operated style businesses are very popular. Seems like a unnecessary restriction.

Right I mean ive even seen managers do dirty jobs sometimes, and i think it would be a lot of fun watching my own family work their own restaurant, it would be nice not to pay my employees too and goes right into my pocket lol :p
  • desperatehswfdesperatehswf Posts: 169 Member
    I wish they would patch this game as well. All of my sims have high cooking skills, but none of them can be the chef, even if they own the business? That doesn't make any sense.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,594 Member
    I wish they would patch this game as well. All of my sims have high cooking skills, but none of them can be the chef, even if they own the business? That doesn't make any sense.

Hello
    You are unable to have your own sim be the chef, but this is a link to a tutorial that has steps to how to hire other sims that you have created, to employ in your restaurant.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/889921/tutorial-on-how-to-hire-your-own-sims-you-made-to-work-in-your-restaurant#latest
  • Catsim3Catsim3 Posts: 132 Member
    I was able to open a bakery where I was the chef and I was able to sale pastries, food and cupcakes for premium prices. I did really really well in a short period of time too.
    Nothing is better than butter, except bacon.
    0a273b988440ec4d0d9a2964131f52da.gif
  • AnelleJaySimmerAnelleJaySimmer Posts: 1 New Member
    Any news as to if the creators are going to patch the ability to work in your own restaurant sim? I actually didn't know about this until just recently when I was preparing to buy the game..I'm more a sims 3 and sims 2 fan so I guess if they decide not to I will have to go back to the oldies
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top