Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4: Dine Out BUGS!!!

Comments

• Options
    siberia_evasiberia_eva Posts: 2 New Member
    Hello, first you guys are so awesome helping us fix our issues, I have gone through a lot of these pages to try and find a resolution, but there is so much that I can't really get through it all so I will just ask.

So every time I have a critic come into my restaurant, I can converse and welcome and all that jazz, but the waiter never takes a food order and\or delivers it. I do have CC but only clothes and hair.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Hello, first you guys are so awesome helping us fix our issues, I have gone through a lot of these pages to try and find a resolution, but there is so much that I can't really get through it all so I will just ask.

So every time I have a critic come into my restaurant, I can converse and welcome and all that jazz, but the waiter never takes a food order and\or delivers it. I do have CC but only clothes and hair.

Hello
    Does this only occur with the food critic?
    Some simmers have had this issue, and found that it was caused by " recommending" a dish. The next time a critic comes in, don't recommend a dish to him and see if the issue remains.
  • Options
    siberia_evasiberia_eva Posts: 2 New Member
    Yeah, only to the critic. I don't think I recommended a dish, but I will make sure. Thanks :smiley:
  • Options
    Yeah, only to the critic. I don't think I recommended a dish, but I will make sure. Thanks :smiley:

Hello
    You're welcome :) Try not recommending the dish, and see if that helps with the issue.
  • Options
    ArmyofHardstyleArmyofHardstyle Posts: 3 New Member
    Toyabofi wrote: »
    Employees dont show up for work, waiters wont clean the tables, host is maxed level and is too slow with giving the customers a table. And the most frustrating is... booths wont register as dinning spots! It's very annoying and it turns me off from the game. Now I have to make a diner without booths. -_- They obviously don't test the game packs well enough before releasing them. Do they have deadlines to meet or something!?

I have the same problem, any work arounds for the waiters not cleaning tables? it is making me loose a lot of money
  • Options
    Toyabofi wrote: »
    Employees dont show up for work, waiters wont clean the tables, host is maxed level and is too slow with giving the customers a table. And the most frustrating is... booths wont register as dinning spots! It's very annoying and it turns me off from the game. Now I have to make a diner without booths. -_- They obviously don't test the game packs well enough before releasing them. Do they have deadlines to meet or something!?

I have the same problem, any work arounds for the waiters not cleaning tables? it is making me loose a lot of money

Hello
    Try adding some more waiter stations and see if that may help. Make sure that there are no routing issues for them to get to the waiter stations.
    If you haven't already done it, try seeing if having the waiters have more training may help with the issue.
    Buy and use the inspirational perk.
    Perhaps if the issues remain, try firing the sims and hire new ones.
  • Options
    LuvMySimzLuvMySimz Posts: 642 Member
    edited March 2017
    I'm having some awful bugs with my Dine Out Restaurant lately in a brand new game. Every so often one of my waiters end up in T-Pose.
    When I try to reset the Sim some more guests will also jump off their seats and end up in T-Pose. And they will stay like this until I restart the game. Yesterday it was a male waiter and today it is a female waiter. Cleaned cache, genereated a new Sims4 Folder etc. nothing helped. I never had this issue before the Toddler update. :/
    „ - Criticism may not be agreeable, but it's sometimes necessary - “

• Options
    egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    LuvMySimz wrote: »
    I'm having some awful bugs with my Dine Out Restaurant lately in a brand new game. Every so often one of my waiters end up in T-Pose.
    When I try to reset the Sim some more guests will also jump off their seats and end up in T-Pose. And they will stay like this until I restart the game. Yesterday it was a male waiter and today it is a female waiter. Cleaned cache, genereated a new Sims4 Folder etc. nothing helped. I never had this issue before the Toddler update. :/

Probably you have some mods or cc that need updated for the 1.28 patch. If you have any LastExceptions in /Sims4, they might help you figure out what's causing the resets.

Here's a nasty thing we've noticed, helping people with MCCC... this patch killed mod menus.

Any script mod that is menu-driven (like MCCC) needs an update. The worst thing is, MCCC HAS been updated, BUT, we've seen players with OTHER non-updated script mods in that are STILL keeping the MCCC UI from showing up.

So check everything. Mods and cc. I'm pretty sure you'll find some needing work.
  • Options

Hello
    Try checking that your mods are up to date.
    If the issue continues, you may like to post feedback on this AHQ EA thread.
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/COLLECTION-THREAD-Sims-Resetting/m-p/5029270#M19176
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Hi @egwarhammer - I don't have any script mods nor do I have MCCC installed. Also the T-Pose Bug did not give out a LastExceptions text info.
    The only mods I have are a few from coolspear1's storage boxes, the Insect mod, take a nap in bathtub, longer living cowplant, SafeFireplace(MB)_SafeFireworks, PutTablet In Invertory & for Toddler, No_More_Ingredients_Needed_Herbalism, and UI_Cheats_Extension_v18. THose mods are up-todate.
    And yes I do have CC clothing and furnitures, but I doubt that those are the issue for that. It only happens in the restaurant.

• Options
    Hi @egwarhammer - I don't have any script mods nor do I have MCCC installed. Also the T-Pose Bug did not give out a LastExceptions text info.
    The only mods I have are a few from coolspear1's storage boxes, the Insect mod, take a nap in bathtub, longer living cowplant, SafeFireplace(MB)_SafeFireworks, PutTablet In Invertory & for Toddler, No_More_Ingredients_Needed_Herbalism, and UI_Cheats_Extension_v18. THose mods are up-todate.
    And yes I do have CC clothing and furnitures, but I doubt that those are the issue for that. It only happens in the restaurant.

Hello
    Are there certain actions or things that the sims are doiing just before they reset?
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Hi @rosemow - Well, it's all about food, so I believe there is still something wrong with the past food bug that said was fixed. (maybe) Sims will even take out their own food from Inventory and place it somewhere LOL
    I noticed that the frozen T-Pose with my waiters mainly accurs when want to go down the stairs. The one inside the restaurant who lead to the tables and the one outside the restaurant. Not all the time but twice today and once yesterday.
    I've aready deleted the stairs and added some new ones. And also one guest stood there by a nother guests table doing nothing.
    So I shift-click that sim to reset him and then those 2 sitting guests also jumped up and ended in frozen T-Pose.
    It's the Dine Out Restaurant from Maxis. I've been having this restaurant since and never had any problems like this.

• Options
    Hi @rosemow - Well, it's all about food, so I believe there is still something wrong with the past food bug that said was fixed. (maybe) Sims will even take out their own food from Inventory and place it somewhere LOL
    I noticed that the frozen T-Pose with my waiters mainly accurs when want to go down the stairs. The one inside the restaurant who lead to the tables and the one outside the restaurant. Not all the time but twice today and once yesterday.
    I've aready deleted the stairs and added some new ones. And also one guest stood there by a nother guests table doing nothing.
    So I shift-click that sim to reset him and then those 2 sitting guests also jumped up and ended in frozen T-Pose.
    It's the Dine Out Restaurant from Maxis. I've been having this restaurant since and never had any problems like this.

You could try saving the restaurant to your library. Then bulldoze the lot. Then place the library version onto the lot and see if that helps.
    If the issues remain, you may like to post feedback on the AHQ EA thread that I posted the link to.
  • Options

I think you should take everything out of Mods (except Resource.cfg, leave that) and see if it happens in a vanilla game. If things work right, it's something in your mods OR cc. Both maybe.

If any mod you use has a menu with it, that's probably been broken by 1.28. MCCC has been fixed for the menu issue, BUT we've seen people with OTHER menu-driven mods not updated, that are ALSO still wiping out MCCC's menus. It's worth checking everything, especially if you're having random reset issues.

Good luck! Please let us know what you find that's broken.
  • Options
    rosemow wrote: »

You could try saving the restaurant to your library. Then bulldoze the lot. Then place the library version onto the lot and see if that helps.
    If the issues remain, you may like to post feedback on the AHQ EA thread that I posted the link to.

Thanks @rosemow, will try that and hope that my restaurant points n perks will stay?

• Options
    edited April 2017

I think you should take everything out of Mods (except Resource.cfg, leave that) and see if it happens in a vanilla game. If things work right, it's something in your mods OR cc. Both maybe.

If any mod you use has a menu with it, that's probably been broken by 1.28. MCCC has been fixed for the menu issue, BUT we've seen people with OTHER menu-driven mods not updated, that are ALSO still wiping out MCCC's menus. It's worth checking everything, especially if you're having random reset issues.

Good luck! Please let us know what you find that's broken.

I do have a few CC furniture in my restaurant like tables and chairs but those are fine.
    If I find the culprit (if there is any on my side) I will post it.

• Options
    edited April 2017

Thanks @rosemow, will try that and hope that my restaurant points n perks will stay?

Hello.
    Make a " save as" copy of the save game file before doing it, so that you return to your current save game if issues arise,
    If you do lose the perks, these are cheats to restore them
    https://simsvip.com/sims-4-cheats-codes/#RestaurantPerks

It would be good to move your mods folder to the desktop, and test if the issues reman , before doing this.
  • Options

Hello.
    Make a " save as" copy of the save game file before doing it, so that you return to your current save game if issues arise,

Of course will do :) I know about the cheat how to get perks back but if losing the stars from Guest reviews wouldn't be so great.

• Options

Hello.

Of course will do :) I know about the cheat how to get perks back but if losing the stars from Guest reviews wouldn't be so great.

Have you run the Sims4Studio batch fixes on your cc? If not, maybe it would help? S4S is on Harmony v 3.0.1.5 now.

(Mac version Appletini also available!!)
  • Options
    Sure have and batch fixed my stuff already. I took out the very few mods I've got and the issue remain even worse last night. All the waiters ended up standing together doing nothing. Maybe the solution/fix lays in the "bowling pack" which I refuse to buy until older bugs get fixed.

• Options
    Sure have and batch fixed my stuff already. I took out the very few mods I've got and the issue remain even worse last night. All the waiters ended up standing together doing nothing. Maybe the solution/fix lays in the "bowling pack" which I refuse to buy until older bugs get fixed.

Hello
    It may help to fire the waiters and hire new ones and see if that may help.
    Also, make sure that there are no routing issues in the restaurant. Try changing the tables and chairs around to give more free space between the tables. Only have one decor item on the tables.
  • Options
    I can't fire them because they all are my custom created workers ;) There is enough room between the tables. Last night 3 waiters were standing at the same spot near the big bar doing noting. The workers and restaurant are/is the same as a year ago and never had such issues. Though I did a few changes in the restaurant like changing the table style and lights and I cluttered the walls with some collectables like food pictures. Nothing big really and shouldn't be the reason for the bugs.

• Options
    I can't fire them because they all are my custom created workers ;) There is enough room between the tables. Last night 3 waiters were standing at the same spot near the big bar doing noting. The workers and restaurant are/is the same as a year ago and never had such issues. Though I did a few changes in the restaurant like changing the table style and lights and I cluttered the walls with some collectables like food pictures. Nothing big really and shouldn't be the reason for the bugs.

Hello
    Simmers have been having issues with bars and aquariums in their restaurants, Customers and employees sometimes gather there, and either won't return to tables or don't work. . If the issues remain, it may be best to remove the bar.
  • Options
    Yes rosemow, that was a very helpful tipp. Thank you very much. I deleted the bar and so far everything works fine again :)

• Options
    Yes rosemow, that was a very helpful tipp. Thank you very much. I deleted the bar and so far everything works fine again :)

Hello
    I am glad that it helped :)