Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4: Dine Out BUGS!!!

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,571 Member
    Gardening wrote: »
    So far nothing glitchy has happend to me using dibe out except when one if my waiters droped a tray of good I think it's normal.

Hello
    Waiters sometimes dropping food are a feature of the game. A replacement meal will be brought to the table.
  • dphillips209dphillips209 Posts: 1 New Member
    I am using sims4 dining out and after having my sims sleep on the restaurant lot for a few days, it won't let me enter my restaurant now - I can't even view inside the restaurant. The first time this happened, I sent my sims home and then back to the lot and it seemed to resolve it, but a few days later, I'm playing again and the same thing, and now I can't resolve it. Anybody had this problem? I have also tried disabling mods and scripts and reloading the game but to no avail.
    I am using sims4 dining out and after having my sims sleep on the restaurant lot for a few days, it won't let me enter my restaurant now - I can't even view inside the restaurant. The first time this happened, I sent my sims home and then back to the lot and it seemed to resolve it, but a few days later, I'm playing again and the same thing, and now I can't resolve it. Anybody had this problem? I have also tried disabling mods and scripts and reloading the game but to no avail.

Hello @dphillips209 .

Repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder .

If the issue remains, go to manage worlds. Click on the lot where your restaurant is, and sell the restaurant. Then have your sims purchase the restaurant again.
  • christian_39christian_39 Posts: 51 Member
    Is anyone having problems with the dates in restaurants? Lately every date I tried to have at a restaurant failed. As soon as I request a table to the "maître" I get a notification saying that the date was ended and the score is ? (is not even bad, is worse than bad).
    Is anyone having problems with the dates in restaurants? Lately every date I tried to have at a restaurant failed. As soon as I request a table to the "maître" I get a notification saying that the date was ended and the score is ? (is not even bad, is worse than bad).

Hello.
    If you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if the issue is still there. If it has helped with the issue, put your mods/ CC back into the newly generated mods folder that is in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing after each one to see which is the causes of the problem.

If the issues still remain, repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair
  • egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member

Dates failing (in general) WAS an issue with MC Command Center 2.14, IF you had the extra piece added in AND had a certain setting that comes with that module set to true.

Fixed for 2.15, though, if you update MC, there have already been "it's fixed!" messages posted. :)

(Captain Obvious comment, if you use both parts of MC, update both at the same time.)
  • ZuberSchwestersZuberSchwesters Posts: 2 New Member
    Can anyone help me? I have dine out installed. When I choose a Chef, a waiter and a host they are all computer created sims. When I close the restaurant and come back the next day. They disappear. I have to hire new employees and I never get them to a higher level. I tried to work my way around it but nothing changes...
    Can anyone help me? I have dine out installed. When I choose a Chef, a waiter and a host they are all computer created sims. When I close the restaurant and come back the next day. They disappear. I have to hire new employees and I never get them to a higher level. I tried to work my way around it but nothing changes...

Hello @ZuberSchwesters .
    Your sims may have been culled. After you have hired the employees, go to manage households and place the employees in their own home. This will help to prevent them from being culled.
    Don't play the sims.
    This link explains more about it
    http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2016/06/restaurant-employees-and-culling/
  • christian_39christian_39 Posts: 51 Member
    Is anyone having problems with the dates in restaurants? (...)

Dates failing (in general) WAS an issue with MC Command Center 2.14, IF you had the extra piece added in AND had a certain setting that comes with that module set to true.

Fixed for 2.15, though, if you update MC, there have already been "it's fixed!" messages posted. :)

(Captain Obvious comment, if you use both parts of MC, update both at the same time.)

Thank you! I didn't notice that the changelog of v2.15 of the "extra" mod fixes that issue. I'll update both mods right now.
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello.
    If you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if the issue is still there. If it has helped with the issue, put your mods/ CC back into the newly generated mods folder that is in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing after each one to see which is the causes of the problem.

If the issues still remain, repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair

Yeah, I removed all the mods to test but forgot the MC Command Center (which was the one causing the issue :grin:). Thanks!

Is anyone having problems with the dates in restaurants? (...)

Thank you! I didn't notice that the changelog of v2.15 of the "extra" mod fixes that issue. I'll update both mods right now.
    Hello.

Yeah, I removed all the mods to test but forgot the MC Command Center (which was the one causing the issue :grin:). Thanks!

It good that you now know the cause of your issue :)
  • ZuberSchwestersZuberSchwesters Posts: 2 New Member

Hello @rosemow .
    thanks a lot for that explanation and link. I have one last question if you don't mind. How do I put them in a household with out playing them? (I know how to add them in my household.... But that obviously won't work) thank you again for your help.

Hello @rosemow .
    thanks a lot for that explanation and link. I have one last question if you don't mind. How do I put them in a household with out playing them? (I know how to add them in my household.... But that obviously won't work) thank you again for your help.

Hello @ZuberSchwesters .
    You can go to Manage households, click on the household where the employees are, then move each of them iinto the one new household. Then move that household into a lot in the game. You will not be playing them by doing it that way.
    These links may help you.
    http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/tutorials/moving-sims.php
    https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/news/splitting-and-merging
  • witchywomanavwitchywomanav Posts: 8 New Member
    I'm having major issues with wait staff resetting. They reset, and I've seen them do it, you know that funny stiff, arms straight out to the side, and then normal. After they reset, they won't wait on any tables that were there before the reset. Sims don't even get their order taken, they just sit at the table and look at their menus complaining about wait times. I have no custom content, all downloads have come from the Sims 4 site and are mostly lots. Anyone know a way to resolve this issue?
    I'm having major issues with wait staff resetting. They reset, and I've seen them do it, you know that funny stiff, arms straight out to the side, and then normal. After they reset, they won't wait on any tables that were there before the reset. Sims don't even get their order taken, they just sit at the table and look at their menus complaining about wait times. I have no custom content, all downloads have come from the Sims 4 site and are mostly lots. Anyone know a way to resolve this issue?

Hello.
    I am sorry that you are having this issue with the waiters resetting.

Try moving the tables and chairs around so that there is more empty space between the tables.
    Make sure that there is only one tablepiece on the dining tables and that there are no low hanging lights over the tables.
    Check that there are clear passages for the waiter to walk through the room.
    Check that walls, plants or half walls are not causing routing issues.
    See if there are dirty dishes on tables that are stopping waiters from doing their work,and if so, move them yourself to the waiters station.

If the issues remains, repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder .i
  • egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member

If there are any LastException files in /Sims4 (there probably are, with this going on), you should be able to browse through them and see what snagged. Sometimes an object is mentioned... sell/rebuy may help, deleting your cache file may help, and if it looks to be a routing error "no path exists!", moving it to a new location may help, too.
  • orangeplumboborangeplumbob Posts: 1,102 Member
    Okay, my biggest bug is making restaurants not worth it. Every time my sim goes to a restaurant all the customers around him get their food and drink served. If I order a drink, he gets it delivered (be it drink only or drink/food combo). If he orders food, no matter what restaurant, the waiter comes, does the animation of delivering food, but NOTHING pops up on the table. I've gone to several restaurants, not just the same one. I've changed tables. NOTHING appears in front of him. All the customers around him are getting food and drinks delivered though. Oh, and I don't own any restaurants.
    Okay, my biggest bug is making restaurants not worth it. Every time my sim goes to a restaurant all the customers around him get their food and drink served. If I order a drink, he gets it delivered (be it drink only or drink/food combo). If he orders food, no matter what restaurant, the waiter comes, does the animation of delivering food, but NOTHING pops up on the table. I've gone to several restaurants, not just the same one. I've changed tables. NOTHING appears in front of him. All the customers around him are getting food and drinks delivered though. Oh, and I don't own any restaurants.

Hello @orangeplumbob
    I am sorry that you are having this issue.
    Try starting a fresh new save game and test to see if the issue occurs in that new save game also.

If the issues still remain, repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder .i

Hello.

Try moving the tables and chairs around so that there is more empty space between the tables.
    Make sure that there is only one tablepiece on the dining tables and that there are no low hanging lights over the tables.
    See if there are dirty dishes on tables that are stopping waiters from doing their work,and if so, move them yourself to the waiters station.

If the issues remains, repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

I did all of this, none of it helped. However, I stopped recommending dishes to the customers and I haven't had a problem since.

Hello.

I did all of this, none of it helped. However, I stopped recommending dishes to the customers and I haven't had a problem since.

Hello.
    I am glad that by you stopping recomending dishes, you haven't been having issues. Thankyou for posting the feedback on the issue :)
  • VermiliondrugVermiliondrug Posts: 1 New Member
    Hey guys, I've had my fair share of problems with Dine Out as well.

Somtimes I can play for hours without problems, other times it takes only a few minutes until my game crashes when I am at the restaurant lot. At first I thought it was one of those weird glitches that would only happen when a certain sim, action og situation happening, but it seems to be competely random. I looked around for solutions and if I am not wrong, it might be caused by a mod. Since I have many mods and CC installed in my game, which works fine when I am not at the restaurant lot, I really don't know which one it could be. I know i can try and remove them one by one and hopeuflly I will figure out which one it is, but it be quite a pain to find them all. Has anyone has similar problems and fixed it by removing mods/CC? Which ones were the problematic one in your case?
    Any other suggestion is also very much welcome.
    edited October 2016
    Hey guys, I've had my fair share of problems with Dine Out as well.

Somtimes I can play for hours without problems, other times it takes only a few minutes until my game crashes when I am at the restaurant lot. At first I thought it was one of those weird glitches that would only happen when a certain sim, action og situation happening, but it seems to be competely random. I looked around for solutions and if I am not wrong, it might be caused by a mod. Since I have many mods and CC installed in my game, which works fine when I am not at the restaurant lot, I really don't know which one it could be. I know i can try and remove them one by one and hopeuflly I will figure out which one it is, but it be quite a pain to find them all. Has anyone has similar problems and fixed it by removing mods/CC? Which ones were the problematic one in your case?
    Any other suggestion is also very much welcome.

Hello @Vermiliondrug
    I am sorry that you are having this issue,

Move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues. By doing this , you can test to see if it mods/cc that are causing the issues.
    If it is mods/cc that are the cause of issues , and you have a lot of mods/cc, use the 50/50 method. Put half of your mods/cc into the mods folder then start the game and see if the issue is still there. If the issue is not there, then you know that those items work okay with the game. Then you can test the other half of your cc/mods.
    If the issue is still there with the first half, you will need to keep testing them to see what is causing the problem. Then you will need to test the second half of your cc/mods too.

Sometimes having a large amount of items in the sims inventories and household inventory can cause issues. Try removing some of the items from the inventories and see if that helps.

Try turning off origin in-game and see if that helps. To do that, go,to Game Library in Origin . Right click on The Sims 4 picture. Click on “Game Properties”. Then untick the box that enables origin in-game.

Repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder.

Make sure that your graphics drivers are uptodate.
    If you are playing on a laptop with a dedicated graphics card, do what is in this thread.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/776882/sims-4-and-switchable-graphics-how-to-nvidia-amd/p1
  • DesiLou89DesiLou89 Posts: 1 New Member
    I have 2 chefs hired in my restaurant and 2 chef stations but only 1 chef shows up when I open. Is there something else I'm missing to be able to have them both working in one shift??
    DesiLou89 wrote: »
    I have 2 chefs hired in my restaurant and 2 chef stations but only 1 chef shows up when I open. Is there something else I'm missing to be able to have them both working in one shift??

Hello
    The other sim may have been culled. To prevent sims from being culled, go to manage households, then place the restaurant employees in to their own home in the world. Don't play the household though.

If the issue continues to occurs after doing this, repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

If you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if the issue is still there.
    Since updating my game today, all of the food made in my restaurant is poor quality. My chefs are all at their highest level, I can't train them anymore. Even the really low level food is poor quality. Any ideas on how to fix it?
    Since updating my game today, all of the food made in my restaurant is poor quality. My chefs are all at their highest level, I can't train them anymore. Even the really low level food is poor quality. Any ideas on how to fix it?

Hello
    It would be good to post feedback on the issue on this thread on the AHQ. EA site that refers to the issue.
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/OPEN-DO-Top-level-chefs-in-restaurant-cooking-poor-quality-food/td-p/5661262/jump-to/first-unread-message