Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

More Food Please

13...Next

Comments

• CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    Movotti wrote: »
    marcel21 wrote: »
    Italian, Indian, French, Chinese, greek, British and more.
    Why do you list the other countries individually, and then add british?
    Are you leaving Ireland out on purpose? (Great Britain is Scotland, England and Wales. The UK includes Ireland)
    Each of them are individual countries, each having their own traditional foods.

As someone who identifies as British, a member of the UK and has family in Ireland there's nothing wrong with requesting 'British' food. There's nothing wrong with requesting specifically Irish food, or English food or even regional food like 'Yorkshire food' if that's what someone wants. We commonly refer to 'British' food here. 'British Beef' for example. It's common in advertising.

Anyhoo... my Dad used to live on The Isle of Man, and that's not a member of the UK. So by suggesting that people request food from the UK and not Britain, you are actually discriminating against food from the Isle of Man. Why are you leaving them out? :p;)

What I'm saying is... this whole conversation is getting silly and there is nothing wrong with requesting British food.

Having said that... I'd rather have Greek food! ;)
  • bevillebeville Posts: 1,151 Member
    Now that the fall season is upon us, it would be nice to have some fall color trees added in a patch. Like use one of the tree from the bass game and just add colors like red,yellow,purple,black,orange and brown to get that fall feeling in the game. Also add some fall treats like candy and caramel apples,cranberry sauce,creamy hot coca,etc. Maybe add some fall decorations like an autumn wreath, a fall centerpiece with an scented candle that smells like fall air.Since it maybe a while before we get Seasons in the game. o:)
  • jotajejejotajeje Posts: 162 Member
    I would like to see Brazilian food, like feijoada, brigadeiro, tapioca, açaí, pão de queijo. It made me hungry! :D
    I think Life in The City is also a good opportunity to add new foods, if it follows the description of Metropolis where it says many neighborhoods with different cultures.
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    As someone who identifies as British, a member of the UK and has family in Ireland there's nothing wrong with requesting 'British' food. There's nothing wrong with requesting specifically Irish food, or English food or even regional food like 'Yorkshire food' if that's what someone wants. We commonly refer to 'British' food here. 'British Beef' for example. It's common in advertising.
    My poking went over your head?

I have develped a pet peeve over ignorange towards the UK. I can't blame anyone, other than education systems that have failed to educate.
    It's like when someone says "I like the british accent." I have friends from various parts of Britain, and they don't have the same accent. In fact, my English teacher was British, and we couldn't understand half of what he said, especially when he was in a bad mood (and his accent got thicker)

As a resut of this pet peeve, I tend to poke people about their use of Britain/British

Why are you leaving them out? :p;)

Cos they're... um... manxy gits? o:)

I should of just wrote great Britain. This I just a few small examples of course.
    *have

And no, that's not what I meant.
    I was questioning if you meant English, Welsh or Scottish, and why you clumped them together, and if you have anything in particular against Northern Ireland?
    You didn't need to write GB, it was a question of why group these particular countries?

Personally, when it comes to food in the sims, I want to see a sim version of high tea.
    The fancy cake stand, with finger sandwiches, scones, little cakes, etc. And a fancy teapot, tea cups, saucers, sugar basin, milk jug.

Due to my desire for a highland holiday expansion, I would also like some Scottish food, and perhaps have haggis reacted to like the fruit cake, with some sims loving it, and others being a little horrified by it.
    • Also, porrige as a breakfast option.
    • Clootie dumpling and burnt cream as dessert options. (Clootie dumpling is the Scottish name for a boiled/steamed fruit pudding, aka Christmas pud. And Burnt cream is the Scots showing off their french ties, it's their name for Crème brûlée.)
    • And Rumbledethumps. Yes, that is the name of a dish. It's a veggie dish, also similar to colcannon in Ireland (col coming from the medieval word for cabbabe), and bubble & squeak in England. It's basically potato and cabbage, with cheese on top.
    • And neeps. I eat heaps of neeps. You might know them as turnips... turneeps :p
    • Cullen skink or 🐸🐸🐸🐸-a-leekie, with bannoks (it's more or less fish and potato soup or chicken and leek soup, with scone-like bread).
    • And tablet. No, not for when you're sick, though, eating too much of it will make you sick. It's a sweet, not quite a toffee, nor a candy. It's soft, with a somewhat caramel flavour, but its crumbly, and grity in texture. And I am never making it ever again.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member

I have develped a pet peeve over ignorange towards the UK. I can't blame anyone, other than education systems that have failed to educate.
    It's like when someone says "I like the british accent." I have friends from various parts of Britain, and they don't have the same accent. In fact, my English teacher was British, and we couldn't understand half of what he said, especially when he was in a bad mood (and his accent got thicker)

As a resut of this pet peeve, I tend to poke people about their use of Britain/British

Poke away. But people might disagree with you on certain things.
    beville wrote: »
    Now that the fall season is upon us, it would be nice to have some fall color trees added in a patch. Like use one of the tree from the bass game and just add colors like red,yellow,purple,black,orange and brown to get that fall feeling in the game. Also add some fall treats like candy and caramel apples,cranberry sauce,creamy hot coca,etc. Maybe add some fall decorations like an autumn wreath, a fall centerpiece with an scented candle that smells like fall air.Since it maybe a while before we get Seasons in the game. o:)

I like the idea of having more autumnal coloured trees. :)

• MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    I like the idea of having more autumnal coloured trees. :)

Me too.

Especially since they hardly exist here, I go for a walk and play a game of spot the non-native tree, by how they get naked in winter. Most of the trees here are green all winter, some even bloom in winter.
    This poo has been giving me hayfever all winter
    blog_star-of-season_Acacia-pycnantha_Golden-Wattle_Mauro-Rodregues-shutterstock_websize.jpg

Or maybe it's this one.
    2012_0507May20120208.jpg

idk, they're both bloomin' in bloom, and it's giving me a bloomin' headache

Oh... oops food.
    The pink flowers are food for cockatoos and possums
    And speaking of possums. Lamingtons.
    The sims need lamingtons

Lamingtons.jpg
    Traditionally stale cake, coated in chocolate icing, and covered with coconut.

And lamb chops, to cook on the barbie
    247EB81000000578-2902576-Benaud_captures_the_spirit_of_our_national_day_by_doing_what_we_-m-36_1420760831029.jpg

We take lamb seriously.
    https://youtu.be/PGZEBjzkZMg

AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    In gegards
    Italian, Indian, French, Chinese, greek, British and more.
    Why do you list the other countries individually, and then add british?
    Are you leaving Ireland out on purpose? (Great Britain is Scotland, England and Wales. The UK includes Ireland)
    Each of them are individual countries, each having their own traditional foods.

Some great ideas from you guys! More is good to have in the game.How about some fabulous fall food? Like peach cobbler,pot roast,chicken pot pie,peacan pie,turkey and gravy and pumpkin soup.It would be nice to have more festive holiday food added too.
    Steak and kidney pie. Pepper steak pie. Steak and bacon pie. Ned Kelly pie. Stargazey pie.
    If you're trying to list pies, do it right! :D

And I really wish one day sims can order something other than pizza for delivery, that'd be super nice!
    YES!
    Pizza gets boring fast.
    I have a place near me that delivers chicken and chips.
    roast_chicken_with_chips_9433271.jpg
    What's that green thing? You don't get green with chicken and chips.

Chinese, Thai, Indian and Vietnamese are the non-pizza, popular delivered foods in my part of the world.
    ginger170 wrote: »
    What about a kettle for making tea.

You'd also need a teapot.
    You heat the water in the kettle, and then pour the boiling water over the tea leaves in the teapot.
    It would be interesting to have a variety of tea ceremony styles, the English borrowed from the Chinese, and put tea together with food, and made a meal out of it.

Gyro
    That's called yiros, souvlaki or kebab, in my part of the world. Oz is a big country, hence why we use so many different names for it. And then there's the 'lunch meat' for sandwiches... Devon, fritz, polony. It all depends on which corner of the country you're in. Madness. So many names for such delicious foods.

I really would like to see an farming expansion pack for this game all the items from the Sims 3 and more.

Yes agree totally.
    Chicks
    Cows
    Horses
    Pigs
    Goat

And more animals and more plants to grow and tools to harvest them and more fish and some wild life.

I want this too, but I highly doubt that they would put pigs in the game.
    Chickens, yes, for eggs.
    Cows, yes, for milk
    Horses for riding
    Sheep are more likely than goats, since sheep are more commonly used for their wool.
    Generally, none of these things harm the animal, but with pigs... well, they're only kept for their delicious bodies.

CaveSim wrote: »
    I wish you could make pizza.
    That was fun in TS3. It fit well with my Movotti family, and their Italian origin.

I don't know about others but to me a farm ain't complete workout pigs.
    Even if they made them just to pet. And goats could have goats milk/cheese.
    Pigs especially not included with the sims 3 was unfortunate for me and hope they are considered.
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

Yes the sims 4 does have lots more choices in food but having more from other parts of the world is a brilliant idea and i would
    Welcome it. It is also interesting to see what other food we have in other parts of the world that might be added to the game.
    Edible CC foods are great but having more from EA from summers idea's around the globe is alright with me.

I should of just wrote great Britain. This I just a few small examples of course.
    *have

I was questioning if you meant English, Welsh or Scottish, and why you clumped them together, and if you have anything in particular against Northern Ireland?
    You didn't need to write GB, it was a question of why group these particular countries?

Personally, when it comes to food in the sims, I want to see a sim version of high tea.
    The fancy cake stand, with finger sandwiches, scones, little cakes, etc. And a fancy teapot, tea cups, saucers, sugar basin, milk jug.

Due to my desire for a highland holiday expansion, I would also like some Scottish food, and perhaps have haggis reacted to like the fruit cake, with some sims loving it, and others being a little horrified by it.
    • Clootie dumpling and burnt cream as dessert options. (Clootie dumpling is the Scottish name for a boiled/steamed fruit pudding, aka Christmas pud. And Burnt cream is the Scots showing off their french ties, it's their name for Crème brûlée.)
    • And Rumbledethumps. Yes, that is the name of a dish. It's a veggie dish, also similar to colcannon in Ireland (col coming from the medieval word for cabbabe), and bubble & squeak in England. It's basically potato and cabbage, with cheese on top.
    • And neeps. I eat heaps of neeps. You might know them as turnips... turneeps :p
    • Cullen skink or plum-a-leekie, with bannoks (it's more or less fish and potato soup or chicken and leek soup, with scone-like bread).
    • And tablet. No, not for when you're sick, though, eating too much of it will make you sick. It's a sweet, not quite a toffee, nor a candy. It's soft, with a somewhat caramel flavour, but its crumbly, and grity in texture. And I am never making it ever again.

I meant all.
    I have absolutely nothing against Ireland at all.

*have

• Cullen skink or plum-a-leekie, with bannoks (it's more or less fish and potato soup or chicken and leek soup, with scone-like bread).

I meant all.
    I have absolutely nothing against Ireland at all.

Edit

Or any part of the world.

I have no reason to have anything against northan ireland.
    If I did i would say so as I'm not afraid to speak my mind believe me.

• GoddessqueenbGoddessqueenb Posts: 89 Member
    I think more food would be good to add for restaurant and maybe add the food from the bar to the menu as well.