Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

More Food Please

Comments

• asouthernwriterasouthernwriter Posts: 1,041 Member
    edited August 2016
    beville wrote: »
    Food is useful in the Sims!! :p

Well we know for a fact that it's something they CAN implement without having too many issues. And it's something they aren't really silent on as we can get solid answers. I'm still waiting on toddlers lol I'm just saying...

I'd love more recipes with required ingredients! And more ways to get those ingredients. I'd love more plants, but also things like getting milk from cows and churning it into butter, getting eggs from chickens, and grinding flour from wheat crops. That sort of thing. :)

Those are some awesome ideas! I really miss grocery stores!
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    on this i fully agree and whats the point of serving french frys in or sims restaurant if it do not includes the most popular dish of all at least thats a popular dish in canada province of quebec called la poutine

280px-Poutine_zpsgctndnoh.jpg

witch consist of french frys with gravy sauce and cheese curds in the french frys
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • MarcelinaMarcelina Posts: 167 Member
    I agree with Arkster. They should be worrying about something more important than food. Besides.. you can download more food because there are mods out there for different types of foods.
    Marcelina wrote: »
    I agree with Arkster. They should be worrying about something more important than food. Besides.. you can download more food because there are mods out there for different types of foods.

Not to sound rude, but these were just some ideas that we would like to see, nor did the OP suggest that they should be a priority. Not everyone uses Mods or CC. BTW, their focus on "importance" seems a bit all over the place anyway.
  • bevillebeville Posts: 1,151 Member

Not to sound rude, but these were just some ideas that we would like to see, nor did the OP suggest that they should be a priority. Not everyone uses Mods or CC. BTW, their focus on "importance" seems a bit all over the place anyway.
    I agree! Plus this is a fun way for me to take my mind off the real problems in the game.Yes , we all know that there more important things that need to be fixed but ,there are so many discussion on the forum like that already. ;)

I agree! Plus this is a fun way for me to take my mind off the real problems in the game.Yes , we all know that there more important things that need to be fixed but ,there are so many discussion on the forum like that already. ;)

I'm a foodie in real life and many of my sims are too. I enjoy talking about food and I feel that this atleast is something in the game I can look forward to having more of. They assured us in the live stream that they would add more food items so we could add them in Dine Out. I think TS4 has done great in comparison to previous games when it comes to food choices, minus the issues its having. DO is great IMO and is the best for me in the game so far. I still want my deep fryer, waffles and Chinese take out lol
    Belgium waffles !! Mhmm!!!!❤ with maple syrup
    Belgium waffles !! Mhmm!!!!❤ with maple syrup

I think it would have been cool if they would have added a special homemade soup or something to GTW to feed it to your sims when they got sick. Also the feature to call a doctor but that's another topic lol

Remember in the Sims 2 how when your sims got sick there was grandma comfort soup to heal them. Or the juice machine would add health benefits to your sims.I miss those things.

Nah, that doesn't sound rude, everyone expresses their own opinion on here :) I wasn't trying to sound harsh either, hope I didn't turn out to be it anyway :D But I just don't see the point in making more food since we got a lot of it already. But it wouldn't hurt to add some more food. If they were to, they should add like Chinese food and stuff. That'll be cool.

Nah, that doesn't sound rude, everyone expresses their own opinion on here :) I wasn't trying to sound harsh either, hope I didn't turn out to be it anyway :D But I just don't see the point in making more food since we got a lot of it already. But it wouldn't hurt to add some more food. If they were to, they should add like Chinese food and stuff. That'll be cool.

You're fine and it's all good. I just feel like it's something that we can look forward to. I feel like this game has so much potential but it's lacking in so many ways. Food is something that I look forward to doing in my game play. Something I know they can actually keep adding on. Other stuff I want, I'm not 100% sure about. But that's another topic lol

You're fine and it's all good. I just feel like it's something that we can look forward to. I feel like this game has so much potential but it's lacking in so many ways. Food is something that I look forward to doing in my game play. Something I know they can actually keep adding on. Other stuff I want, I'm not 100% sure about. But that's another topic lol

Whatever updates they will supply us with, I'll take it really. I'm really desperate for some new updates at this point, and I'm also really excited to see what new updates they'll give us this time. :)

Whatever updates they will supply us with, I'll take it really. I'm really desperate for some new updates at this point, and I'm also really excited to see what new updates they'll give us this time. :)

I feel the same way. I hope the packs get better with more extensive gameplay. I get bored after a while lol
    I just wanted to add some more food ideas for the restaurants. (Korean Food) Bibimbap,kimchi,japchae stir fried noodles,Ddukbokkie. (Japanese food) Sushi,ramen in those cute japanese bowls ;) rice balls,yakisoba. (European food) Ratatouille,chicken parmesan, chicken cordon bleu,swedish pancakes. More (soup please) French onion soup,potato soup,wonton soup,chicken rice soup,clam soup, cream corn soup, fish chowder, tomato soup with our grill cheese sandwich :p spicy thai curry noodles and last but not least zurek. There are so much potential with this dine out game pack. Staying hungry for more! ;)
  • ginger170ginger170 Posts: 148 Member
    What about a kettle for making tea.
  • CaveSimCaveSim Posts: 99 Member
    edited August 2016
    I wish you could make pizza.
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    I really would like to see an farming expansion pack for this game all the items from the Sims 3 and more.

Yes agree totally.
    Chicks
    Cows
    Horses
    Pigs
    Goat

And more animals and more plants to grow and tools to harvest them and more fish and some wild life.
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

I would also like to see more sandwiches added too! So that I can make an sandwich shop with popular sandwiches like the Dagwood, Clam roll,Ham and cheese,Bologna,Tuna,Club,Gyro,The Falafel,fish,Patty melt,meatball sub,Submarine hoagie,Pulled pork,Cheese steak,Banh mi,Reuben,Po Boy,Meatball sub and more.
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    marcel21 wrote: »
    Italian, Indian, French, Chinese, greek, British and more.
    Why do you list the other countries individually, and then add british?
    Are you leaving Ireland out on purpose? (Great Britain is Scotland, England and Wales. The UK includes Ireland)
    Each of them are individual countries, each having their own traditional foods.

Some great ideas from you guys! More is good to have in the game.How about some fabulous fall food? Like peach cobbler,pot roast,chicken pot pie,peacan pie,turkey and gravy and pumpkin soup.It would be nice to have more festive holiday food added too.
    Steak and kidney pie. Pepper steak pie. Steak and bacon pie. Ned Kelly pie. Stargazey pie.
    If you're trying to list pies, do it right! :D

And I really wish one day sims can order something other than pizza for delivery, that'd be super nice!
    YES!
    Pizza gets boring fast.
    I have a place near me that delivers chicken and chips.
    roast_chicken_with_chips_9433271.jpg
    What's that green thing? You don't get green with chicken and chips.

Chinese, Thai, Indian and Vietnamese are the non-pizza, popular delivered foods in my part of the world.
    ginger170 wrote: »

You'd also need a teapot.
    You heat the water in the kettle, and then pour the boiling water over the tea leaves in the teapot.
    It would be interesting to have a variety of tea ceremony styles, the English borrowed from the Chinese, and put tea together with food, and made a meal out of it.

Gyro
    That's called yiros, souvlaki or kebab, in my part of the world. Oz is a big country, hence why we use so many different names for it. And then there's the 'lunch meat' for sandwiches... Devon, fritz, polony. It all depends on which corner of the country you're in. Madness. So many names for such delicious foods.

I really would like to see an farming expansion pack for this game all the items from the Sims 3 and more.

Yes agree totally.
    Chicks
    Cows
    Horses
    Pigs
    Goat

And more animals and more plants to grow and tools to harvest them and more fish and some wild life.

I want this too, but I highly doubt that they would put pigs in the game.
    Chickens, yes, for eggs.
    Cows, yes, for milk
    Horses for riding
    Sheep are more likely than goats, since sheep are more commonly used for their wool.
    Generally, none of these things harm the animal, but with pigs... well, they're only kept for their delicious bodies.

CaveSim wrote: »
    That was fun in TS3. It fit well with my Movotti family, and their Italian origin.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
    Movotti, to each it's own ! I say it like this and you say it like that. Just added food that sounds good to me, if you have any good suggestion please feel free to add what you like. Have a good day. :p
  • A_CullerA_Culler Posts: 1,133 Member
    Grilled cheese is the only sandwich a sim needs. Grilled cheese is love, grilled cheese is life...
    Loneliness is a tax we have to pay to atone for a certain complexity of mind.

36187445662_5c73f737ed_c.jpg
    "I have yet to find a gold so pure that it's worth it's weight in dog."
  • TerraTerra Posts: 1,353 Member
    edited August 2016
    At first I thought no, because I think TS4 is kind of obsessed with food since we have so many separate food and drink preparing skills, but then when I read through the thread and saw all the ethnic food we still need I was like YES MORE OF THAT! The more multicultural TS4 is, the better, in my opinion, and food is such an important part of culture! Also you won me over a little bit with the holiday foods, like Thanksgiving foods... yum... and the UK has some pretty awesome Christmas foods like mince pies and mulled wine... :blush:

I think it would be nice if they always add at least a couple of new foods with each pack - I think that people who like to have their Sims cook have been served pretty well so I don't want another food-themed pack, but when they *hopefully* start adding more multicultural stuff, food would be a great way to flesh that out. :)
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Terra wrote: »
    the UK has some pretty awesome Christmas foods like mince pies and mulled wine...
    Australia also has mince pies, the fruit ones at Christmas, and beef ones as an everyday thing.

I think it would be nice if they always add at least a couple of new foods with each pack - I think that people who like to have their Sims cook have been served pretty well so I don't want another food-themed pack, but when they *hopefully* start adding more multicultural stuff, food would be a great way to flesh that out. :)
    New foods could be added with every pack, even if it's just one or two dishes.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited August 2016
    Movotti wrote: »
    Italian, Indian, French, Chinese, greek, British and more.
    Why do you list the other countries individually, and then add british?
    Are you leaving Ireland out on purpose? (Great Britain is Scotland, England and Wales. The UK includes Ireland)
    Each of them are individual countries, each having their own traditional foods.

Some great ideas from you guys! More is good to have in the game.How about some fabulous fall food? Like peach cobbler,pot roast,chicken pot pie,peacan pie,turkey and gravy and pumpkin soup.It would be nice to have more festive holiday food added too.
    Steak and kidney pie. Pepper steak pie. Steak and bacon pie. Ned Kelly pie. Stargazey pie.
    If you're trying to list pies, do it right! :D

And I really wish one day sims can order something other than pizza for delivery, that'd be super nice!
    YES!
    Pizza gets boring fast.
    I have a place near me that delivers chicken and chips.
    roast_chicken_with_chips_9433271.jpg
    What's that green thing? You don't get green with chicken and chips.

Chinese, Thai, Indian and Vietnamese are the non-pizza, popular delivered foods in my part of the world.
    ginger170 wrote: »

You'd also need a teapot.
    You heat the water in the kettle, and then pour the boiling water over the tea leaves in the teapot.
    It would be interesting to have a variety of tea ceremony styles, the English borrowed from the Chinese, and put tea together with food, and made a meal out of it.

Gyro
    That's called yiros, souvlaki or kebab, in my part of the world. Oz is a big country, hence why we use so many different names for it. And then there's the 'lunch meat' for sandwiches... Devon, fritz, polony. It all depends on which corner of the country you're in. Madness. So many names for such delicious foods.

Yes agree totally.
    Chicks
    Cows
    Horses
    Pigs
    Goat

I want this too, but I highly doubt that they would put pigs in the game.
    Chickens, yes, for eggs.
    Cows, yes, for milk
    Horses for riding
    Sheep are more likely than goats, since sheep are more commonly used for their wool.
    Generally, none of these things harm the animal, but with pigs... well, they're only kept for their delicious bodie

Nice to hear. I wanted this pack so much and agree :)

CaveSim wrote: »
    That was fun in TS3. It fit well with my Movotti family, and their Italian origin.

That was a mistake in my post.

Happy simming
    Post edited by marcel21 on
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon