Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Storylining

glowingeyeglowingeye Posts: 1 New Member
Does anyone else storyline the Sims Medieval so much that it is hilarious? :#

Tell me your stories below!

Comments

• EGrace93EGrace93 Posts: 95 Member
    I get really, really detailed with the worldbuilding. I have a whole culture and politics worked out for every kingdom I've played
  • VenayVenay Posts: 59 Member
    EGrace93 wrote: »
    I get really, really detailed with the worldbuilding. I have a whole culture and politics worked out for every kingdom I've played

And I as well. I'm really into creating my own culture or sometimes even use random gibberish words as a replacement for a word. I authenticate the names so deeply into the gibberish language that sometimes I can't even pronounce them. But, I often do create a story line such as backstories, character biases, kingdom opinions, the queen herself, etc.
  • AestasAestas Posts: 72 Member
    I think I might try something like this sometime.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    I find I don't exactly plan it, but that the story emerges from my Heroes interactions, and who ends up running which quest and the light this sheds on their personalities.

Jacobans came to my kingdom late, when it had already achieved some prosperity and sophistication. But it turns out it came sooner than I had realized, the way being paved for a Jacoban ascendance being laid by my Spymaster, Joachim. Here he is talking up Knight-Captain Avery (who is wisely keeping his drink to himself):

rx2ZTAb.jpg

I had liked the look of that goofy hood, and decided Joachim would always be masked or hooded just for funsies. Later, he was an early Jacoban convert once Shepherd Dominick hand opened shop. About that time, he gave his costume a more lordly-looking makeover.

TYYFl2P.jpg

Finally I saw him bathing without hood or mask, and the reason for always covering his head became clear. He secretly wears the haircut of a Jacoban novice, and hence is a double agent. Ostensibly the head of Kingland's secret service, Joachim is actually the left hand of the Jacoban clergy, and likely has been all along!

nLWzA11.jpg

p2LF71v.jpg

When it gets out - if it gets out - that Joachim has managed the annexation of Advorton and Yacothia with the collusion of the Jacoban faith, King Simrey (a Peteran) is not likely to be happy. I only hope Knight-Commander Avery (also a Peteran) has the skill to survive the duel. Joachim doesn't pull any punches, and has already killed two squires.

• ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    I haven't done this yet though I do imagine my jacobeans to have a bit of a sadist side to them and in the opposite corner my petarians tend to be more love, light and humble monk-like beings
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    My Peteran monastery has a bread oven and ale keg at the back of the sanctuary, where whichever Hero I am playing is encouraged to bake a big loaf of Barley Bread and put out a pitcher of ale before the sermon. Anyone sweeping that side of the map for ore or herbs can make a stop there to top off their hunger bar. My Jacobans are less interested in community service, but will occasionally give makeovers to co-religionists who look especially frumpy, using the chest (story wise a money-box) beside the scribe desk in the cathedral. Jacob's flock have an image to maintain. :D

"Hard Workers" has thrown some plot-twists at me, including the death of my weasel-faced king and the subsequent accession of his aunt as Queen Simrietta I. My Jacobans were innocent, that time, and in fact the physician who uncovered the plot and assassinated the pretender is Peteran, but very pragmatic. I find that different versions of Kingland, under different challenges, tend to be their own stories. I don't plan them - they just emerge.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,339 Member
    I cannot seem to get into storytelling in Sims Medieval as much as I do in the standard sims games. What I always do is hunting down squires and city watch members to recolor their uniforms. Each kingdom has it's own unique uniform dresscode period and if a quest suffers because of my redressing needs, so be it (Kind of an obsession, but these uniforms really do a lot for immersion for me).

Two kingdoms stand out in my memory for having had a real backstory. One I played to get the the Misanthrop gathering achievement. I made all the heroes elves that were ruling over an occupied human town, "bringing the barbarians civilisation".
    Another kingdom was a penal colony where every hero except for the monarch was a convicted criminal. They wore grey, shabby clothes (as shabby as possible at least) and the aspiration I did with them was the one where they had to amass experience or wealth (don't remember anymore which one exactly, but it had them work around the clock).