Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Enable Debug Cheats Mod

stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
Clown over at MTS had a great mod that automatically enabled debug cheats by shift-clicking on a Sim or a mailbox. I used it when creating new townie Sims to give them some of the hidden (reward) traits without having to play them through the aspiration or to add purchase rewards.

Someone in the discussion on the new patch reported that this mod is now broken, and Clown seems to have disappeared from the modding community (it hasn't been updated in ages but it was still working prior to today's patch). So I either need a new option, or whatever the official cheat code is for enabling debug cheats -- I'm willing to type it in every time I go to edit a Sim though it'll be a pain in the backside.

Thanks much!
Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)

Comments

• Options
    Pegasus143Pegasus143 Posts: 2,490 Member
    You *should* be able to do a lot of this using MC Command Center, UI Cheats Extension (which already has it's update for the patch) and actual cheat codes. It might take a few extra clicks, though.
    For example: to add reward traits, change your sim's aspiration to the one you want the reward trait for, then right-click each of the aspiration tasksto fulfill them. Once you've done this for all of the tasks, you should get the reward trait for that aspiration. You will also get the aspiration points for this.
    If there's anything specific that you can't figure out how to do without the debug mod, post it and hopefully someone will be able to help you.
    Also, if you haven't patched yet you can disconnect your computer from the Internet and continue playing without the most recent patch- you just won't be able to install Dine Out (when it comes out on Tuesday).
  • Options
    lovesstormslovesstorms Posts: 17,794 Member
    I use the UI Cheats Extension and it does almost everything I need including changing needs, money, skills, relationships, and outfits. It doesn't do moods, though.
    Origin ID: lovesstorms
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    - 20 Things About Highly Creative People
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • Options
    CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    I feel your pain! I write SimLit stories, and rely so heavily on that mod! The suggestions above aren't bad, but for me, the big thing is mood control... Essential for my stories!

I'm opting for what Pegasus said... I'm going to play in offline mode for the foreseeable future to avoid having to update the game. It will be super lame to not get Dine Out when it comes out (I was SO excited!), but I don't want my stories to suffer and I'm holding on to the hope that someone will either fix this mod or create a new version of it eventually. Then I will finally update and get Dine Out :smiley:
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    Pegasus143 wrote: »
    You *should* be able to do a lot of this using MC Command Center, UI Cheats Extension (which already has it's update for the patch) and actual cheat codes. It might take a few extra clicks, though.
    For example: to add reward traits, change your sim's aspiration to the one you want the reward trait for, then right-click each of the aspiration tasksto fulfill them. Once you've done this for all of the tasks, you should get the reward trait for that aspiration. You will also get the aspiration points for this.
    If there's anything specific that you can't figure out how to do without the debug mod, post it and hopefully someone will be able to help you.
    Also, if you haven't patched yet you can disconnect your computer from the Internet and continue playing without the most recent patch- you just won't be able to install Dine Out (when it comes out on Tuesday).

There's also the traits cheat on TwistedMexi's list https://www.reddit.com/r/sims4Cheats/wiki/index -- a few newer values (like when you have a former scientist) I'm not sure about the actual code but I could just have my Sim join scientist career then quit after a couple of days. (I'm thinking of finally playing my Liam O'Dourke instead of using him as my guinea pig for test saves.

I already patched but I do have UI Cheats (nice to hear it's already updated) so I can use that for the skills and such, so I think I'll be okay. Never really used the moods that much; only other thing I did was change townie outfits on the fly if they were really poorly dressed but I can just make notes of names then find them in Manage Households and give them some better outfits/hairstyles. B)
  • Options
    ChloeDeCookieChloeDeCookie Posts: 2,467 Member
    I loved that mod and it wasn't a tiny bug it caused, it caused the game to be unplayable coz u couldn't do or interact with anythin! I know there's mc commander which I have but I liked the add traits system, illness system and force labour if I didnt feel patient enough to wait
    To all you beautiful people out there, have a lovely day.
  • Options
    GardeningGardening Posts: 207 Member
    I really love this mod it's very helpful it just fun watching deaths that I've never seen, and for some reason if you right click the ground you can postal babies anywere and other ages real human sims and they will be added to your family.
  • Options
    Yes, weerbesu took it on himself to update it -- love when the modding community picks up each other's slack. B)
  • Options
    Schism_989Schism_989 Posts: 5 New Member
    Glad they managed to revive the mod. It was fairly useful when it worked, and with clown gone, I missed how effectively it worked.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Schism_989 wrote: »
    Glad they managed to revive the mod. It was fairly useful when it worked, and with clown gone, I missed how effectively it worked.

Hello
    If you use MC Command Center mod there is also an option in the settings of that mod to enable debug cheats also.