Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

It's official! No Gender barriers!

SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
Update: please read!

It was confirmed generated npc's will not show up in these gender swapped clothing, or anything else. I'm on my mobile, but you can read the tweet futher down the line. So don't worry about townies!

End of update.

Not everyone will be happy, but for the ones struggling and wanting to make themselves more accuratly, more options are coming! Please read the article, it makes my heart melt. You can also change genders anytime!

I'm so happy, i'm glad they decided to do this! <3

http://simscommunity.info/2016/06/02/the-sims-4-removes-gender-barriers/
Origin ID - RosyAngelina
Post edited by Skobee on

Comments

• rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    Just read that todays update will include the removal of gender barriers in CAS.
    We knew this was going to happen already, but now there is also an article about it (Link).

http://www.wral.com/-the-sims-removes-gender-barriers-in-video-game/15746660/

What do you think?

I think it's a nice thing, however I hope random townies will not show up like that all over te place. I hope we will have full control.
  • pajamajam07pajamajam07 Posts: 314 Member
    I'm really happy about this. It'll expand the types of sims I can make. And I don't mind if townies show up in the other items.
  • mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    hate it, absolutely hate it. For one thing, imagine what kind of townies it will generate. Also the need to go trough the stupid amount of other gender clothes and haircuts to get find your regular ones again.
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,175 Member
    It sounds absolutely awesome and revolutionary almost. The storytelling possibilities of this are huge. And I really really can't wait to have my female Sims wear some of the awesome men's t-shirts, because the guys have cooler t-shirts if you ask me.
    It would be nice if they added some options, also for what is and isn't allowed to be randomly generated, but I'm not betting on it, so far we've never been able to control these aspects of the game, in spite of numerous pleas for it.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • More_MooreMore_Moore Posts: 408 Member
    Is this real? It better be real. OH PRAISE BE HEAVens let it be real *happy heart attack*
    Simmer since day one. Owns every Expansion and extras. Even the console games. XD

Feel free to chat me (I like games/RPGs, game dev, and animu/anime)
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    edited June 2016
    I don't mind the change in itself for those that want it but would like the option to remove this for the Townies I don't make myself.

I hope they mean the Patch comes this Thursday.
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    mirta000 wrote: »
    hate it, absolutely hate it. For one thing, imagine what kind of townies it will generate. Also the need to go trough the stupid amount of other gender clothes and haircuts to get find your regular ones again.

This is my main concern. I am totally fine with the idea behind it, and totally support it, but the townies it will create. That's my main concern too.
  • HowGreatThouArtHowGreatThouArt Posts: 1,662 Member
    Sigh...wish it were optional, but oh well.
    aSE16f8.gif
  • MistyLakeMistyLake Posts: 1,700 Member
    Awesome! <3
    "By Grabthar's Hammer! Let There Be Sims!"
    rudy8292 wrote: »

This is my main concern. I am totally fine with the idea behind it, and totally support it, but the townies it will create. That's my main concern too.

I would actually be fine with it, if you could enable/ disable it for townies and in CAS there would be a unisex category, instead of it going everywhere.
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,175 Member
    It sounds awesome!
    This:
    “make sure players can create characters they can identify with or relate to through powerful tools that give them influence over a Sims’ gender, age, ethnicity, body type and more.”
    actually has me hopeful that we may even get something in the way of more control over things than we used to have, but I'll wait for the update to whether that's true or not.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
    I'm so happy! I don't speak for transgender or gender fluid folks and I myself am not either, but now they will be included in this game. Honestly it's about time!
    rudy8292 wrote: »

I would actually be fine with it, if you could enable/ disable it for townies and in CAS there would be a unisex category, instead of it going everywhere.

I want it EVERYWHERE i would like it on a boat, I WouLd like it on a goat, I would like it here and there imagine the prettyboys it generates with FABulous hair!

An option to disable it for townies would be nice too, for those who don't. XD
    Simmer since day one. Owns every Expansion and extras. Even the console games. XD

• glorificaglorifica Posts: 258 Member
    love it.

if this is legit it may well be the thing that gets me playing again!
    simming on through.
  • HowGreatThouArtHowGreatThouArt Posts: 1,662 Member

I will rarely use this so I do hope they have some kind of filter; like you said, it will take ages to scroll through everything and I don't want townies spawning in those clothes either.
    aSE16f8.gif
    More_Moore wrote: »

I want it EVERYWHERE i would like it on a boat, I WouLd like it on a goat, I would like it here and there imagine the prettyboys it generates with FABulous hair!

An option to disable it for townies would be nice too, for those who don't. XD

problem is, I don't want it anywhere. Meaning that because no update is optional, my only choice is to stop buying things for the game andstop playing. Was going to make a positive review on youtube for The Sims 4. Now? Maybe not.
  • midnightpearlmidnightpearl Posts: 6,578 Member
    so is that mean we're going to see male townies dress in female clothes, I'd love to see that, it would be bizarre to see a male Sim wear a dress and high heels, yeah, ok, bring on the omg, ''I just saw a male townie wear a dress''-scenario in my game-not sure if I'd like it all the time, I hope there's a switch to turn that off, but if not, oh well, it will bring the game to another level of Simming!
  • orangehippogrifforangehippogriff Posts: 946 Member
    I love this! So progressive and I'm super excited for more clothing options for all sims.
  • AmiutzaAmiutza Posts: 1,796 Member
    I honestly applaud the team for having the courage to do something like this in the world we live it. Yes, yes, yes! 10/10 EA/Maxis.
    hhHD2XB.png
    My tumblr - A world of clutter and color
  • Krisha880Krisha880 Posts: 1,553 Member
    So happy for the people who want this! More options are always welcome in the game! I don't mind editing the townies.
    When they finally decide to remove gender barriers in Sims
    MOMOLh0.gif

<3

edited June 2016
    Deleted
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top