Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Nature Appreciation

Comments

• Options
    ohmyohmyohmyohmy Posts: 614 Member
    @JasonSim16, just like lovesstorms said I use sweetfx & reshade. :) I don't do anything fancy I just use tab to take random screenshots of bridges and trees lol.
  • Options
    JasonSim16JasonSim16 Posts: 466 Member
    They're gorgeous!
    71rbpi.png
  • Options
    @JasonSim16, thank you lol.
  • Options
    ShanShan Posts: 126 Member
    edited February 2017
    WdKtvIP.png
    Alright I know this pic was posted last year but I've decided to try my luck anyway - I've been trying to find the spot in that picture (mainly because of the palm trees and the lighthouse) but I just can't ;D Could anyone tell me where this is found?

Edit: haha I finally found it, realized I had never paid a visit to the rich side of Willow Creek.

Post edited by Shan on
  • Options
    MarleyTheWizardMarleyTheWizard Posts: 962 Member
    I noticed this background in Willow Creek today.
    lLrGxSW.jpg

I hope we can get a playable world like this at some point, even if its small like the Vampire GP world. Reminds me of the swamp area in Twinbrook (I loved it!).

yes to swamps!
    I Sometimes Tweet About The Sims 4
    Gallery ID: MarleyTheWizard
  • Options
    lovesstormslovesstorms Posts: 17,794 Member
    Oh, man! I saw that one already and tried it. But I don't like that it saves in gif format. Otherwise, I'd use it. Do you know if they've changed that?

I don't think so! :/ my screenshots saved in bitmap so I had to change it to JPEG using paint. for some reason the ingame screenshot tools don't capture the reshade effects.

And that's why I didn't want like. I liked that it went into a folder even if it was deep in my C drive, though. I had thought about purchasing a program so I could screenshot and have it saved elsewhere, but I'm not sure it's worth it, thought it was fairly inexpensive. And you're right. It is a .bmp file. If they'd change that, I'd very seriously reconsider.

same here! i don't really like having to change my screenshots from bitmap to JPEG :/. the reshade itself looks really good tho.. so i'm a bit torn

I downloaded reshade by itself without someone else setting it up. Not only was I able to screenshot via .png, but I was also able to save it anywhere I wanted. I'm playing around with the settings for the next day or two. So far, I really like it, but it's still a bit of a pain. I've only found one setting I really like (clarity). I'm a complete newb, so I'm still trying to understand how it works. Just thought I'd let you know in case you eventually want to learn it on your own, too. :D
    Origin ID: lovesstorms
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    - 20 Things About Highly Creative People
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member

Granite Falls

02-11-17_12-28-06AM_zpsbc6ts0g0.png
    02-10-17_10-17-03PM_zpsmvqnri7l.png
    moving scenery
    02-11-17_12-28-45AM_zps9qbkzl5i.png
    02-11-17_12-30-38AM_zps6ryud5oy.png
    02-10-17_10-13-26PM_zpsvtyluzci.png
  • Options
    Oh, man! I saw that one already and tried it. But I don't like that it saves in gif format. Otherwise, I'd use it. Do you know if they've changed that?

I don't think so! :/ my screenshots saved in bitmap so I had to change it to JPEG using paint. for some reason the ingame screenshot tools don't capture the reshade effects.

And that's why I didn't want like. I liked that it went into a folder even if it was deep in my C drive, though. I had thought about purchasing a program so I could screenshot and have it saved elsewhere, but I'm not sure it's worth it, thought it was fairly inexpensive. And you're right. It is a .bmp file. If they'd change that, I'd very seriously reconsider.

same here! i don't really like having to change my screenshots from bitmap to JPEG :/. the reshade itself looks really good tho.. so i'm a bit torn

I downloaded reshade by itself without someone else setting it up. Not only was I able to screenshot via .png, but I was also able to save it anywhere I wanted. I'm playing around with the settings for the next day or two. So far, I really like it, but it's still a bit of a pain. I've only found one setting I really like (clarity). I'm a complete newb, so I'm still trying to understand how it works. Just thought I'd let you know in case you eventually want to learn it on your own, too. :D

@lovesstorms, that's great. :) did you download it from the website? how did you get it to screenshot as png?
  • Options

@lovesstorms, that's great. :) did you download it from the website? how did you get it to screenshot as png?

Yeah, I downloaded it from the reshade website directly. When you first go in-game, once it's been downloaded and installed, it wants you to go through a tutorial. You have a chance to go into the settings area, which is where you can change where the game saves (I copied and pasted the exact location that I created in the Electronic Folder near my Sims 3 & 4 folders in My Documents). You can also change how the picture is saved. I think there were only two options. It's possible that PNG came in a later update for reshade and wasn't in the original.

I've not been playing the last few days, but I'll get into it again soon. I still want to play around and learn how to work it.
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • Options
    edited February 2017

Yeah, I downloaded it from the reshade website directly. When you first go in-game, once it's been downloaded and installed, it wants you to go through a tutorial. You have a chance to go into the settings area, which is where you can change where the game saves (I copied and pasted the exact location that I created in the Electronic Folder near my Sims 3 & 4 folders in My Documents). You can also change how the picture is saved. I think there were only two options. It's possible that PNG came in a later update for reshade and wasn't in the original.

I've not been playing the last few days, but I'll get into it again soon. I still want to play around and learn how to work it.

nice! i'll try it later today, i stopped using reshade a while ago because i was tired of changing the screenshots lol. what is the clarity setting you're talking about btw? is that a reshade setting?
  • Options
    puderosasimspuderosasims Posts: 522 Member
    Willow Creek at night.
    ts4_2017_02_11_001.png
    ts4_2017_02_11_002.png
    ts4_2017_02_11_003.png
    ts4_2017_02_11_004.png
    Origin ID: puderosasims | Simblr
    English isn't my first language, so please excuse any mistakes.
    tumblr_n8pqhqmpdh1th4xn0o1_400.gif
  • Options

Willow Creek at night.
    ts4_2017_02_11_001.png
    ts4_2017_02_11_002.png
    ts4_2017_02_11_003.png
    ts4_2017_02_11_004.png

The detail on that bridge is amazing and so pretty.
  • Options

nice! i'll try it later today, i stopped using reshade a while ago because i was tired of changing the screenshots lol. what is the clarity setting you're talking about btw? is that a reshade setting?

It was a default setting when I downloaded. But I had to say yes to the prompt.
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • Options
    sweetbluekiana1sweetbluekiana1 Posts: 167 Member
    I would love to see some midnight hollow town pictures. My computer is ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ otherwise I'd be taking my own screenshots of that beautiful world.
  • Options
    TomatplanteTomatplante Posts: 2,793 Member
    I'm glad to see this thread is still alive. So many beautiful pictures.

My sims have been camping at the Estate:
    iI3V10r.png

The spice marked has the most beautiful sunsets.
    LntusCE.png

From my sims's honeymoon.
    tdFk1lE.png
  • Options
    StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,448 Member
    edited February 2017
    Just some clouds rolling in over Newcrest (FINALLY got it to post :smile: )
    02_12_17_7_49_00_AM.pngimag
    Post edited by Starfree on
  • Options
    tumblr_olh3rbl0TK1unugcfo1_1280.png
    Widenburg
  • Options
    Across the river in the city, did you know there was another city across the water
    02-17-17_5-02-38PM_zps3drrexxw.png
    02-17-17_5-02-47PM_zpsbjuljeic.png
    02-17-17_5-02-58PM_zpsd8bwyfuz.png
    I know its only scenery But I still think its amazing.
  • Options
    Keks_MilchKeks_Milch Posts: 513 Member
    Again some Windenburg... love this place.
    tumblr_olr7q1dN2S1w2ht8wo2_1280.png
    tumblr_olr7q1dN2S1w2ht8wo1_1280.png
  • Options
    Don't think I have seen those stones "personally" in my game yet, but I wonder what the story/inspiration behind it is
  • Options
    liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    I try seeing what you all see, but it's so ... a cartoon scene. Sure it's pretty, but it's pretty much the same sky and mountain scene day after day. Different lighting.
    TS3 scenery is better.

I have to strongly disagree, sims 3 scenery was boring as ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ. It was just the same pretty much all over;
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    I know our sims are just pixels, but I often wonder if they see what we see in the game. I know they see each other and they know a particular sim is just down the road without leaving their homes to go and see, and they know when a cake has been left on the path and still be in their apartments. But do they see the city, grass, trees and flowers. maybe this is to philosophical for this thread. I was just wondering. ;)
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    I try seeing what you all see, but it's so ... a cartoon scene. Sure it's pretty, but it's pretty much the same sky and mountain scene day after day. Different lighting.
    TS3 scenery is better.

I have to strongly disagree, sims 3 scenery was boring as plum. It was just the same pretty much all over;

It always interests me that we each have our own way of looking at the sim games. I love both Sims 4 and Sims 3.

At first, it was hard for me to leave Sims 3 because I had grown to love the scenery, the lighting (with mods, of course), the sims, and all the different areas of each world down to the minute details off in the distance most people don't notice.

16241175313_d34b53ca20_h.jpg

16653852597_44491c2c9a_h.jpg

The Sims 4, on the other hand, was a completely different format. Just like some people didn't like moving from S2 to S3, some people didn't want to move from S3 to S4. And now some people don't want to move from S4 to S3. There's a lot of diversity here, which is awesome. :D

Sims 4 has a beautiful color to it that's bright and fun. I love most of it, though I wish to some degree there was more texture, like in Sims 3.

20506532004_7cc729dd82_h.jpg

20980914290_289d3d16a4_h.jpg

20980924110_90a97fd531_h.jpg

We have choice of which we want to have and play. I'm thankful for that because there are days I'd rather play one over the other.
    Post edited by lovesstorms on
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • Options
    Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    A beautiful river in the vacation forest.
    Vandloslashb%20i%20skoven.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top