Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Some Changes that NEED to happen (No Toddlers)

MinecraftdSimmerMinecraftdSimmer Posts: 561 Member
edited June 2016 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
So I have been playing The Sims since the end of Sims 2 days and beginning of Sim 3. I loved both of the games. Now we have the Sims 4, I really enjoy the game, however, I think it could still be improved
    World Changes- Changes to the worlds/towns in the Sims 4
    • Bigger Worlds- Just a few comparisons between the worlds of the past games to the new games: Sims 2 Pleasantview had 26 lots in total, The Sims 3 Sunset Valley had 92 lots in total, and the Sims 4 Willow Creek has 21
    • More Families/Sims- I have been playing the Sims 4 since its release (Almost 2 years) and within the first couple days of playing I knew all about the, might I say uninteresting Sims. I have been playing the Sims 3 since its release (7 years in two days) and I still do not know all of the Sims and continue to learn more about them each time I play.
    • Tone it down a little- The worlds so far in the Sims 4 have been extremely over-the-top, most likely to try and make up for their size. The Sims 4 looks like a candy land, I enjoy the cartoony style, but not how extravagant it is. I just want a flat, normal looking world without all the big rivers and canals. Also tone down some of the colors make it still look "normal"
    • Stop faking it- Don't set everything up so that the game looks better. Get rid of the fake houses, cars, etc. I hate how it seems like all of the towny sims are almost like actors/props, just there to make the games look better, not because they are actually living out their life.
    • Make it a life simulation- The other Sims of the world still need to live lives. I do not know how you guys will make this one happen without open world, but I know you guys will figure it out. Give all of the townies lives and have them do things, Id like to get invited to house parties, weddings, etc. One of my favorite things in The Sims 3 was watching the towny Sims live out their lives
    • Make the "towns" into towns- Each town should have basic town things, such as a city hall, jail, hospital, school, park, etc. Imagine it like the Sims 3 for Console. You can travel to the town square and all the buildings (city hall, school, etc.) are rabbit holes.
    • Semi-Open worlds- On the Sims 3 for console you had separate "districts" similar to the Sims 4, however, when you chose one lot in the district all the other lots in the district were also loaded and you could go to those lots without a loading screen. I have a feeling it is no longer possible but this should be brought to the Sims 4. I don't want to have to go through a loading screen to go to my next door neighbors' houses
    Sim Changes- How the Sims themselves could be changes
    • Control by traits, not emotions- I am mixed about the addition of emotion into the Sims. It kinda cannot work because everyone reacts to things and has their emotions differently. I feel like, because they are controlled by emotions and no traits, they are not as unique. How Sims react at a certain time is really controlled by their traits anymore
    • The Sims are too perky- I enjoyed how in previous games, it could get dark, you Sims could be evil/mean and it was believable. However, in the Sims 4 your Sim literally almost walks around smiling like an idiot.
    • More customization- I want to be able to customize almost everything about my sim. I enjoyed the points system in the Sims 2 and I think it could be improved and brought back. I also would like to have the ability to choose between the little things, such as walks styles. They could have options between things like: how your Sim sits, default face expression, how they hold their arms, and other quirks.
    • More traits- Bring back more obscure traits like in the Sims 3 such as technophobe, vegetarian, never nude, hydrophobic, etc. I would also like to be able to select more traits for my Sim in order to make them more unique
    Miscellaneous Changes- The smaller changes
    • More jobs- I would like some more jobs and more normal jobs in the Sims 4
    • More Lore, mysteries, and history- I enjoy learning in the Sims 2 and 3 but you just do not get that in the Sims 4
    • Normal furniture- All the furniture in the Sims 4 is very themed (modern, royal, etc.) I just want some NORMAL furniture, everything in The Sims 4 too modern and edgy in The Sims 4, it all looks uncomfortable

Post edited by MinecraftdSimmer on

Comments

• fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
      I happen to disagree with much of what you suggest.

With Sims 4 we have a total of 96 usable lots with more to be added as worlds are added.

I disagree with your suggestion to shut them down so we can only play in one area but are open to move to others. I enjoy having the freedom to visit whichever area I want whenever I want.

I also disagree with adding story progression for the townies or others you don't play. I happen to play with my whole town in some form or another and don't want the game playing them for me. When GTW was giving jobs to my played sims it created havoc and I'm happy that was fixed.

I also disagree that every town should have rabbithole city halls, schools, jails etc.

I really don't want sims 4 to turn in to sims 3 all over again. I already have that.

I do however agree on more traits that make the sims different and unique. I think we will get more over time. And I hope the devs work on using them to make all the sims act/react differently.
    • MinecraftdSimmerMinecraftdSimmer Posts: 561 Member
      fullspiral wrote: »
      I happen to disagree with much of what you suggest.

With Sims 4 we have a total of 96 usable lots with more to be added as worlds are added.

I disagree with your suggestion to shut them down so we can only play in one area but are open to move to others. I enjoy having the freedom to visit whichever area I want whenever I want.

I also disagree with adding story progression for the townies or others you don't play. I happen to play with my whole town in some form or another and don't want the game playing them for me. When GTW was giving jobs to my played sims it created havoc and I'm happy that was fixed.

I also disagree that every town should have rabbithole city halls, schools, jails etc.

I really don't want sims 4 to turn in to sims 3 all over again. I already have that.

I do however agree on more traits that make the sims different and unique. I think we will get more over time. And I hope the devs work on using them to make all the sims act/react differently.

I still would like to be able to go to other worlds within the Sims 4, however, I don't think it would be as fluid. Just think if you could've switched between worlds anytime you wanted in the Sims 3, how fast would you have gotten bored of all of the worlds. A LOT faster than being mostly contained into one.

I am only saying add rabbit holes to places such as a city hall. Then in a future expansion/gamepack that maybe is town life or politics, replace the rabbit hole with a real building.

Story progression should be added for the majority that want it. You can always have the option to turn it off.

If I might ask, When did you begin playing The Sims?
      Having SP off in sims 3 didn't work very well.

I've been playing since sims1.

I don't want to be contained to one world. I like traveling between them all any time I want and I wouldn't want to have to move house every time I wanted to go to a new one. I am not bored with the worlds and I think that's because I have the freedom to go anywhere.

Story progression wasn't a thing until sims 3. Sims 2 was just fine without it, and so is sims 4.
    • PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
      @MinecraftdSimmer I agree with quite a few of your ideas.

Bigger Worlds- Yes

More Families/Sims-Yes and I also miss the little bios that set up the families.

Tone it down a little- Yes, yes and yes. I was looking around the park in WC the other night and with all those pinkish, blueish, purpleish trees it honestly looked like a child's game.

Stop faking it-yes. One of my bigger complaints. If I want to create a neighborhood to fit my story those houses in the background ruin the immersion.

Make the "towns" into towns-yes

Control by traits, not emotions- Yes. I think emotions were a good idea but they just didn't end up being quite right.

The Sims are too perky- yes....a whole lot of yeses.

More traits- yes and making the traits actually seem to mean something.
      "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
    • keFUNKNEY101keFUNKNEY101 Posts: 658 Member
      I must say, for the most part, i disagree with your suggestions for worlds.

Bigger Worlds- I would like to see more lots and neighborhoods, but because of the ability to switch between worlds, all the world lots add up. So Willow Creek (25) + Oasis Springs (21) + Newcrest (15) is 61 lots just in the base game. With Windenburgh you get even more.

Tone it down a little- I think the neighborhoods are perfect the way they are. I love the vibrancy and color. Plus all the details.

Stop faking it- On one hand, I like it because it makes the neighborhoods look more lively. I think it's some nice eye candy. But on the other hand, it is a bit upsetting it IS just for decoration.

Close the worlds off from each other- Choosing between worlds is one of the biggest reasons I can't go back to 3. I don't like being constrained to living in one town.

Semi-Open worlds- It would be nice to have the option to open and close neighborhoods. Like a check box in the gameplay options. I don't know if they are able to make that happen, but it's a nice suggestion.

And I can't say I've found the sims to be TOO perky. I'm just glad they're lifeless like the sims 3 ones. So I like seeing them smile.

Though I do agree about traits. I'd like to see more of those, as well as aspirations. Especially for kids.
      Having SP off in sims 3 didn't work very well.

I've been playing since sims1.

I don't want to be contained to one world. I like traveling between them all any time I want and I wouldn't want to have to move house every time I wanted to go to a new one. I am not bored with the worlds and I think that's because I have the freedom to go anywhere.

Story progression wasn't a thing until sims 3. Sims 2 was just fine without it, and so is sims 4.

Thats why they can improve SP in the Sims 4, so that the players that want it, can have it. And the ones that don't don't have to

Bigger Worlds- I would like to see more lots and neighborhoods, but because of the ability to switch between worlds, all the world lots add up. So Willow Creek (25) + Oasis Springs (21) + Newcrest (15) is 61 lots just in the base game. With Windenburgh you get even more.

Tone it down a little- I think the neighborhoods are perfect the way they are. I love the vibrancy and color. Plus all the details.

Stop faking it- On one hand, I like it because it makes the neighborhoods look more lively. I think it's some nice eye candy. But on the other hand, it is a bit upsetting it IS just for decoration.

Close the worlds off from each other- Choosing between worlds is one of the biggest reasons I can't go back to 3. I don't like being constrained to living in one town.

Semi-Open worlds- It would be nice to have the option to open and close neighborhoods. Like a check box in the gameplay options. I don't know if they are able to make that happen, but it's a nice suggestion.

And I can't say I've found the sims to be TOO perky. I'm just glad they're lifeless like the sims 3 ones. So I like seeing them smile.

Though I do agree about traits. I'd like to see more of those, as well as aspirations. Especially for kids.

Hmm, I agree with most of what you are saying. However, the worlds with the 3 worlds with the base game shouldn't be cumulative. I don't know about anybody else, but when I play I prefer to stay in the world I am playing in. It takes me out of the world some if I have to make my Oasis Springs Sims go to Willow Creek in order to go to a nightclub. And honestly, even if you do add up the families of the 3 worlds, 8, that's pretty ridiculous coming from a SINGLE world with like 26

Hmm, I agree with most of what you are saying. However, the worlds with the 3 worlds with the base game shouldn't be cumulative. I don't know about anybody else, but when I play I prefer to stay in the world I am playing in. It takes me out of the world some if I have to make my Oasis Springs Sims go to Willow Creek in order to go to a nightclub. And honestly, even if you do add up the families of the 3 worlds, 8, that's pretty ridiculous coming from a SINGLE world with like 26

Do you ever go to another city to shop? To see a show? To go to a restaurant? Or do you spend your whole life in your own city and never leave it? Consider the "worlds" in sims 4 as cities/towns and not worlds.
    • PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member

Do you ever go to another city to shop? To see a show? To go to a restaurant? Or do you spend your whole life in your own city and never leave it? Consider the "worlds" in sims 4 as cities/towns and not worlds.

I do consider the "worlds" in TS4 as towns....I just can't bring myself to think of these small spaces as a world. As far as what I do...yes I go to other areas than the one I live in to shop etc......but in the Sims....which is already limited and a game that isn't real......I feel the same way as @MinecraftdSimmer. I rarely, if ever have my Sims leave the area I have put them in. It's one more thing that breaks the immersion for me.
      "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
    • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
      Time to overshadow a few things.

Control by traits, not emotions- I am mixed about the addition of emotion into the Sims. It kinda cannot work because everyone reacts to things and has their emotions differently. I feel like, because they are controlled by emotions and no traits, they are not as unique. How Sims react at a certain time is really controlled by their traits anymore

especially by this part right here.

Emotions can work, they just need to pour more personality into the Sims.
      Favorites - that way sims can react to different things different ways certain things make them happy, or without those things the become sad, certain things relaxes them, certain animals make them Playful, certain music Inspires them or gives them Confidence, certain TV shows or books make them Focus.

I think there should be a new Trait Aquiring System

make sim gain/lose traits through experiences

Sim Survives drowning, they become hydrophobic trait
      Sim was bitten by Spider, arachnophobia trait
      Sim is Possessed by Ghost and was violated across the board, Ectoplasmic Pessimist trait
      Sim has been abducted by Alien, and violated, Fear of Aliens trait
      Sim was bitten by Dog, fear of K9s and Werewolves
      Sim was Cursed by Sorcerer, Pessimist towards magic users
      Sim Saved by Sorcerer, Optimist towards magic users
      Sim Saved by dog, werewolf, Optimist towards K9s

So these traits/views should be mutable. and I hope to see different animations when a Sim is getting a spell casted upon them.
      I hated in the Sims 3 that even if they were good spells like the Good luck charm, Sims would cower in fear. So i want sims who love magic and supernaturals to embrace/revel in it. and I want those who fear to cower.

plus Some existing traits would need to be rewritten.

Sims are to perky which is why we need a Fearful emotion. see above.

and I think Sad/depressed animations need to be more real, because that's what I want to play with. what is the point of playing with another's emotions if they don't make it believable.

I agree about history, and lore, but I don't want to learn about Sims History/Lore. make that clear.

Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif

I take back what I said about not being able to visit other worlds, but I shouldn't have to rely on going to another town in order to go to a specific venue, The "towns" should be self-sufficient and I should be able to go to any of the venues and there should be room for expansion for me to add even more