Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Easing Into Spring Gifts Exchange -- Sjappie, Your FINAL Gift Is Ready To Be Unwrapped!!

MsPrissy88MsPrissy88 Posts: 3,122 Member
edited June 2016 in The Sims 3 Store Gifting
Hi @Sjappie ! IK BEN JE VRIEND !! Ik wed dat je nooit gedacht dat iemand zou in uw moedertaal om u te spreken . Nou , dankzij Google vertalen, ik ben gewoon hoop dat dit zal 'goed genoeg' te vertalen voor u om te begrijpen wat ik probeer te zeggen . LOL :D Als u en ik voor het eerst begon te praten - vooral over Nascar - en vooral nadat ik al een vriendenverzoek gestuurd had je dan op je Sims 3 muur , ik letterlijk wilde schreeuwen dat ik je had. LOL :D En nu dat we kennen elkaar een beetje beter, wat ik had voor u gemaakt Ik hoop je en je sims zal grondig genieten. Nadat u al uw giften te ontvangen, heb ik nog een verrassing voor je. Maar je moet je prive inbox (de kleine envelop icoon) te kijken als die gave heeft geen betrekking op deze uitwisseling . ;)

Translated for those of us who are NOT Dutch! lol

(Hi @Sjappie! I'M YOUR BUDDY!! I'll bet you never thought someone would speak to you in your native language. Well, thanks to Google translate, I'm just hoping this will be translated "good enough" for you to understand what I'm trying to say. LOL :D When you and I first started talking - especially about Nascar - and especially after I had already sent you the friend request over on your Sims 3 wall, I literally wanted to scream that I had you. LOL :D And now that we do know each other a little better, what I had created for you I am hoping you and your sims will thoroughly enjoy. After you receive all of your gifts, I do have one more surprise for you. But you will have to watch your private inbox as that gift does not pertain to this exchange. ;) )

Are you ready to get started?? Let's go then.....

ConcreteSim Realty was contacted by Prissy to come up with some homes for Sjappie. Well, it took some time, but after a few days, our employees - Alex Harper and Josette Billingham - scoured many a floor plan. Drafting paper being drawn on, crumpled up, and then tossed all over. Days and nights were fast whipping by. Finally, the ideas were coming together!

The first house they drew up started out to be a starter home, but as each new idea was drawn out on paper, the house grew. "Woah! We'll have to put this one aside, for the time being," Alex had told Josette. Back to the drawing board they went. Day and night they both worked tirelessly, each sketching in their respective offices. On the Friday before construction was "scheduled" to begin (on the original house), they both emerged from their offices with a plan in hand!

Alex's sketch was for a very modest 1-bedroom home. Small, yet big enough for 1 person to live their daily life. Alex already had a crew waiting to build, so they went to work on it right away. Going with the directions given by Prissy, Alex created a traditional cottage. With an open-floor layout, this home was very suitable for a guy! And it just so happened that the day Alex's crew was finished building, there was this guy walking his dog right out front. This guy wanted to know how much the house was worth! So, after a quick tour, the guy bought it!! :o

Screenshot_zpspgi7ulmn.jpg

Grant Lindley is just your normal, average guy. A little eccentric at times, he loves to figure things out; sometimes out loud. Are you a rebel? Grant will fit right in! Just don't mess with his dog, Rusty. Rusty's loyalty is **only** to Grant. NO CC or CAP!! Tested in Custard.

Grant Lindley & Rex
Slideshow - http://s1167.photobucket.com/user/Starlite2012/slideshow/Easing Into Spring/Grant Lindley_Rex

Charming Starter
Slideshow - http://s1167.photobucket.com/user/Starlite2012/slideshow/Easing Into Spring/Charming Starter

And because I had so much fun testing these two, I recorded 2 little videos just for you!!

https://youtu.be/0bRpDdPdoKQ

https://youtu.be/eoA2Buu254Y
Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
Post edited by MsPrissy88 on

Comments

• SjappielovePaulSjappielovePaul Posts: 4,794 Member
    I love them!!! They are awesome!!! I can't wait to have Grand and Rusty in my game :) you even gave me an idea for the name of our new kitten, Rusty would fit him, being the little ginger he is! But other than that lol, we were talking about your gifts (sorry, I'm starting to think I might be ADHD instead of PDD, I loose my focus pretty quickly), the story is lovely and I'm just so glad to see Grant and Rusty took interest in the house, I can't wait to put them in my game, eventhough they have to, because it's already 2am, I really have to go to sleep now :o but I just had to let you know I'd seen my gift and how awesome they are!

And I don't want to discourage you, but you're not the best at keeping secrets :p I had a very strong feeling you'd be the one to be gifting me! The Dutch translation was pretty good for a translating machine, I understood pretty much all of it :) some things were a little vague, but I'm sure you know how that can be when using translators :)
    Don't forget to take care of yourself every now and then in this big chaotic world!
    pkJ66Kv.png
    Some links that helped me a lot:
    Missing Store Stencils / Free Kiddy Stuff / Daily Deals / Daily Deals Spreadsheets / The Gifting Directory
  • tanubanuetanubanue Posts: 4,116 Member
    Great job Prissy! :) You may want to add the download links ;)
  • MsPrissy88MsPrissy88 Posts: 3,122 Member
    edited May 2016
    tanubanue wrote: »

I did, silly. If you hover OVER Grant's name and the name of the house, the links are there. Maybe you missed them?

Oh, and thanks!

Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
    I love them!!! They are awesome!!! I can't wait to have Grant and Rusty in my game :) you even gave me an idea for the name of our new kitten, Rusty would fit him, being the little ginger he is! But other than that lol, we were talking about your gifts (sorry, I'm starting to think I might be ADHD instead of PDD, I loose my focus pretty quickly), the story is lovely and I'm just so glad to see Grant and Rusty took interest in the house, I can't wait to put them in my game, even though they have to, because it's already 2am, I really have to go to sleep now :o but I just had to let you know I'd seen my gift and how awesome they are!

And I don't want to discourage you, but you're not the best at keeping secrets :p I had a very strong feeling you'd be the one to be gifting me! The Dutch translation was pretty good for a translating machine, I understood pretty much all of it :) some things were a little vague, but I'm sure you know how that can be when using translators :)

WHAT?!??? What tipped you off that _I_ probably was the one who had you! lol :D I mean, I am bad at keeping secrets! :D Awww... that's too bad that the translator was vague on some things. But hey -- _I_ thought it was fun to at least *try*.

I'm glad you like the story of Grant and Rusty. You can actually use this house in ANY world of your choosing. I had built it in my own blank world. And by all means... IF Grant should meet a honey and wants to expand on the house, you SHOULD have enough room on the lot to do that!

Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
    Will keep a bigger lot in mind. I kind of placed it in Aurora Skies already in my mind :) I think it'll look very nice in that environment!

It were small things that tipped you off lol, don't even remember exactly! It just stuck in my mind and the feeling that you'd be gifting me stayed around ;)
    Don't forget to take care of yourself every now and then in this big chaotic world!
    pkJ66Kv.png
    Missing Store Stencils / Free Kiddy Stuff / Daily Deals / Daily Deals Spreadsheets / The Gifting Directory
    Will keep a bigger lot in mind. I kind of placed it in Aurora Skies already in my mind :) I think it'll look very nice in that environment!

It were small things that tipped you off lol, don't even remember exactly! It just stuck in my mind and the feeling that you'd be gifting me stayed around ;)

LOL That's too funny. Oooooo.... I never thought to see how it would look in Aurora Skies! I might have to play in that world some time, again.

Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • KgaffKgaff Posts: 1,614 Member
    edited May 2016
    :disappointed: Makes me wish I had Pets ep! Awesome dog and the videos are fun! Good dog :p
    Thanks, @Kgaff!! When Sjappie said in her letter that she would to have pets in her game, that started the WHOLE ball rolling! And since I love huskies (and malamutes, but unfortunately, we can't mix the 2 when you're creating them), I had figured that Rex (husky) was the perfect dog for her game!
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
    edited June 2016
    GIFT #3

blue%20box_zpshvcta7vf.png

Meanwhile.... Josette had a sketch for a completely different house! Still keeping with the "starter" idea, Josette's house was a tad bigger than Alex's. She also loved the "open-floor" layout, so Josette's crew added half walls to kind of "separate" the kitchen appliances from the rest of the "living room". A somewhat hideaway hall leads to the bathroom.

Now, even though Josette's crew "stayed" under the starter budget, they ran out of money and could not provide any kind of landscaping out front. However.... Josette assured everyone here at ConcreteSim Realty, that whoever bought the house would have no trouble planting stuff in the provided areas.

May I introduce to you -- Sunny Heights

Screenshot-12_zpsdivkvbqe.jpg

Basic starter. VERY basic. Once your sim buys *this* house, he - or she - will be glad they have a roof over their head. NO cc!! NO cap!!

Built on a 20 by 20 empty lot, there is room if your sim would like to expand.
    Screenshot-21_zpsule9azdd.jpg

The "blocked off" areas out front are where a garden can be planted (the areas where Josette ran out of money). She is truly sorry that she could not provide something to help sustain the owner for a while.
    Screenshot-13_zpsc7bnpsrj.jpg

The pops of color inside the house make each of those furniture pieces stand out more. {{ ConcreteSim owner - "Oh my! It looks like Josette might have missed the electricity for the bathroom, }}
    Screenshot-16_zpst7gzib9y.jpg

In conclusion, We here at ConcreteSim Realty do sincerely hope that your sim will get hours of enjoyment living here. Thank you for your time.

See more images here ---> http://s1167.photobucket.com/user/Starlite2012/slideshow/Easing Into Spring/Sunny Heights

Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
    edited June 2016
    ATTENTION ALL CONCRETESIM EMPLOYEES! YOUR PRESENCE IS REQUESTED!

Not to be outdone by his employees, Shawn Bennett - founder and owner of ConcreteSim Realty - worked in secret inside his office, sketching, erasing, sketching again, and when he thought he had come up with the perfect blueprint, he had telephoned Prissy to come over and take a look at what he came up with. Very late one night, Prissy had met with Shawn to go over everything. The blueprint was indeed, perfect! Prissy gave the "go-ahead" and let Shawn hire whoever he needed to get this job finished. When the final nail had been hammered in, Shawn once again called Prissy to come take a final look.

The place looked amazing! The colors bounced off one another. Prissy had a good feeling that this blueprint was going to win over quite a few sims' hearts!

And so, without further adieu......... I would like to present

Gift No. 4 Efficiency Starter

Screenshot-5_zpsk9ntvjjd.jpg

Nothing wrong with being cozy. Semi-open floor plan leaves ample area to walk around. Upgraded appliances, and play-tested. ((YES - you **can** grab a book from the bookcase)) Just the right size for the single sim.

Screenshot-6_zps8fvosaxq.jpg

Hi. I'm Shawn Bennett. Owner and founder of ConcreteSim Realty. My employees - Alex Harper and Josette Billingham - really worked tirelessly on the projects they were contracted for. Not only did they do a good job for our client, Prissy, they actually stayed within their recommended budgets! Well.... Ms Billingham did have to cut back a few times. We do have one more blueprint to present, but as that was a rather large feat, I need to give my employees some time to themselves. Let them gather their strength, as it were.

For now, though, on behalf of my excellent architects - and their building crews - Thank you for selecting ConcreteSim Realty. We look forward to the next project!

Slideshow for Efficiency Starter --> http://s1167.photobucket.com/user/Starlite2012/slideshow/Easing Into Spring/Efficiency Starter
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
    edited June 2016
    "So, Josie... did you happen to read the reviews about our houses? Even Mr. Bennett managed to squeeze out a house," Alex asks Josette.
    Screenshot-24_zps3bmonvcy.jpg

"Oh yeah! I was about to phone you, when I had gotten this text that we had to hurry and come out to this lot," Josette answered.
    Screenshot-23_zps0ydl7mry.jpg

"Wait... what? Are we being filmed?" Alex asks, stunned.

"Yes, silly! That's why Mr. Bennett wanted us both to come here!" Josette answers back, excitedly.

From afar, we hear Shawn Bennett - owner and founder of ConcreteSim Realty - telling Alex and Josette to "get into their positions".

(clears throat)

"Ahem. Hi. I'm Alex Harper. One of the architects with ConcreteSim realty. My partner, Josette Billingham and I are here to present @Sj with her final gift from Prissy.

"As this was our first collaboration, Our boss, Shawn Bennett - I believe you had met him already - had us actually start this project first. However, time was of the essence, and seeing as we had our individual projects to get done, Josette and I tabled this one until we could really take our time to finish it properly.

GIFT#5
    Screenshot-27_zpsfzv0bump.jpg
    A 2 bedroom/2 bath home with walk-in closets. Features include - a fenced-off front porch, back patio with barbecue, laundry facilities, and cozy kitchen. The basement has a spot for exercise, and is well-stocked for entertaining.

**click on the image above to download**

Screenshot-33_zpsr46tmjn1.jpg
    Screenshot-34_zps2alik3yv.jpg
    Screenshot-29_zps8ljxdcsh.jpg
    Screenshot-39_zpsz2aj05sp.jpg
    Screenshot-43_zps3f0ylpe4.jpg

Screenshot-47_zpsaimtzegf.jpg
    We here at ConcreteSim Realty wish to thank @Sj for allowing Prissy to contract us to build you this home. If you - @Sj - ever need anything else... be it renovations, bulldozing, or rebuilding... please don't hesitate to call ConcreteSim Realty. "While our homes are not made in concrete, our word is."

This is the actual blueprint where I had gotten my inspiration!
    w1024_zps0ubpejpl.jpg

Slideshow - http://s1167.photobucket.com/user/Starlite2012/slideshow/Easing Into Spring/Cottage Italiano

*Sj -- I actually built this house IN (I think) Monte Vista. I can't remember anymore. lol :D
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • Catdog123Catdog123 Posts: 1,024 Member
    They are a nice pair MsPrissy88, Rusty is a cute name for a dog and loving the picture of the Doggy hug. :)
    Siggy_4.jpg
    Lady, you teasing me! @MsPrissy88
    pkJ66Kv.png
    edited May 2016
    Catdog123 wrote: »
    They are a nice pair MsPrissy88, Rusty is a cute name for a dog and loving the picture of the Doggy hug. :)

Awwww, thanks @Catdog.

Lady, you teasing me! @MsPrissy88

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaat?!?? ;):D
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • tanubanuetanubanue Posts: 4,116 Member

That's what I get for going through so many at once lol Yep I just missed them ~ silly me! :p

That's what I get for going through so many at once lol Yep I just missed them ~ silly me! :p

Awwww, that's ok, hon! I should have added "click on the name" for the download. duuuuuh :p;)
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • Bookworm742Bookworm742 Posts: 4,068 Member
    These are great! Huskies are such beautiful dogs. And Grant sounds like he'll be a fun sim to play. ;) And what a great little start house! Love the green! :smiley:
  • KaytayRoallKaytayRoall Posts: 923 Member
    Grant sounds like a very interesting sim to have in your game and he's clearly inseparable from his buddy Rusty. :) The picture of them hugging is so cute! And one can never have too many starter houses!
  • XxHannelorexXXxHannelorexX Posts: 2,943 Member
    @MsPrissy88 Grant and Rex sound like interesting sims to play :) And your videos were very cute!

Your Charming Starter is indeed very charming! That shade of green in the exterior of the house is lovely :)

Rec'd!
    edited June 2016
    Thanks @Bookie, @Kaytay, and @Hanne!!

I was playing with the colors that @Sj had mentioned in her letter, And though (for this one) I had used some of the colors she loves, _I_ thought why not change them up a little. Thank god for the color wheel !! LOL

@Bookie - I absolutely adore Huskies! I literally wanted to give @Sj a Husky/Malamute cos that was the kind of dog my brother first had.

@Kaytay - Right?? And starter houses was something that @Sj had expressed in her letter! (stay tuned) That picture of Grant & Rusty hugging took quite some time to "stage". I had to quickly pause my game, get the camera angle "just right", and hurry and take the picture! lol

@Hanne - While I was play testing Grant & Rusty, especially when Grant was teaching Rusty how to sit up and beg -- for in real life, how is that command not cute, right? I mean, the dog we (me and my siblings) had as kids, sometimes did that. (but that's a story for another time) -- I had to capture the moment. I'm just glad that I was able to get (almost) the whole thing on "film".
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • ShannenShannen Posts: 2,811 Member
    @MsPrissy88 Awww Grant and Rusty are adorable, I really like Rusty's fur markings. The charming starter is just that, very charming. Sunny Heights is very cute too. :)

Not sure if the forums is playing up but Sunny Heights link..doesn't lead where it should. Just thought I would mention it, just in case.
    edited June 2016
    Thanks @Shannen. I'm glad you like Rusty. I took my time trying to get him to look good. I'll check the link for the house.

edit: just checked the link for the house. it works fine on my end. maybe try another browser on your side?
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • ShannenShannen Posts: 2,811 Member
    @MsPrissy88 I rechecked it on another tab and it works great now. So I was able to give a rec. :)
    Shannen wrote: »
    @MsPrissy88 I rechecked it on another tab and it works great now. So I was able to give a rec. :)

Awesome! Thanks

Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
    That is one lovely starter again! The bathroom electricity and the garden will probably not be a problem for any Sim :)
    pkJ66Kv.png