Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Psst… Aricarai… look inside to find your gifts for the Spring Exchange!

Comments

• SjappielovePaulSjappielovePaul Posts: 4,794 Member
    edited June 2016
    And on the language thing: English is one of the hardest ones to learn, so I've heard. Probably because it's *technically* a Germanic language, but it has borrowed so heavily from French (and a few other languages occasionally!) Consequences of Normans deciding to take over England and all! Been working on relearning the French I took in high school lately, and it never fails to amaze me how differently we say things. But for a native English speaker...they sure do mix up their sentence structure! XD

Well I had less trouble with English than any other language. Why? Because I think the grammar is quite easy.

I've never had much trouble learning words, so grammar is what makes a language tough for me. German for example, is a word masculine, feminine, neutral or a multiple you can't simply use 'the' no it's der, die, das, die. Than you have die (for subject: die Frau ist (the woman is)), des (Frau des Hauses(Lady of the house)), der (help I forgot! I do know 'in der Schweiss' (to Zwitserland, while it literally would mean in Zwitserland without irrelevant grammar rules) and I can never forget), die (er magt die Frau(he likes the woman)). And same goes for der, des, dem, der and das, des, dem, der. Ugh I bet this is full of mistakes, I give up :')

But the German word for Girl (das Mädchen) is neutral, while boy (der Jungen) is masculine...

It doesn't make sense at all xD I respect the person that understood my German explanation ;)
    Don't forget to take care of yourself every now and then in this big chaotic world!
    pkJ66Kv.png
    Some links that helped me a lot:
    Missing Store Stencils / Free Kiddy Stuff / Daily Deals / Daily Deals Spreadsheets / The Gifting Directory
    Also I've heard Dutch is tough as in many cases grammar doesn't really work the way it should lol. But I don't know. I grew up speaking Dutch!
    Don't forget to take care of yourself every now and then in this big chaotic world!
    pkJ66Kv.png
    Missing Store Stencils / Free Kiddy Stuff / Daily Deals / Daily Deals Spreadsheets / The Gifting Directory
  • aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    OHMYSQUEE! Martje - these gifts are absolutely amazing!

Pinochle Point Bungalow is so perfect and I love that it is a starter. I struggle with budgets too when I am building and I really dig that you left me some space to add, expand and decorate. Looks absolutely fab. I've rec'd and fav'd and I can't wait to get it in game to explore it!

The Supernatural Household looks like these two girls are going to be an absolute hoot. I'm looking forward to getting in depth with my first witch and fairy. I love that you put so much thought into Leia and Eve's back story. It's so cute! I can't wait to play these two - already rec'd and fav'd!

Kailyn has such a sweet back story. I love that she found a love of painting because of her grandmother. That makes me smile. I also like that you've moved her into a pre-made home and decorated it to her tastes. Ooh and I wish there was more with the fireman - I may have to go find him in game, set fire to something and continue the story - haha! I've rec'd and fav'd - I will download when I next go into game.

Thank you so much for the gifts - they're fantastic and more than I could have hoped for! :D
  • suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    @Martje89 How I appreciate starters, especially ones with expansion possibilities. I've already commented on the coziness of the first one in the main gift exchange, so I'll concentrate on the second one here. I love the wallpapers and floral prints you've used, very pretty and colorful. You've managed to pull it together quite nicely with some decorative touches that make it "homey," something not that easy to pull off with the limited budget for starters.

All three sims are really lovely. Your pictures of Leia and Eve are great, you've really captured the fun in their relationship. Kailyn is also quite cute and her backstory so sweet.

I can see all of these things in my own game. Off to rec' and download. :)
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Martje89Martje89 Posts: 938 Member
    So... I'll be happy to report that Kailyn managed to set her stove on fire. Again. And guess who came to save her... Again. It was the cute fireman from before: Jasper. It's probably not hard to guess what happened next. Again! :#

1zd2iar.jpg

Kailyn and Jasper went on a couple of dates and Jasper turned out to be such a romantic soul. He keeps surprising Kailyn. I mean, look at them! :love:

2ptx9v8.jpg

So I think this must be a sign. Right? That's why tomorrow I have another surprise for you @aricarai (and it includes pictures). To be continued! B)

To everyone that commented on my thread, I read all your lovely, sweet messages. Thank you so much for that :heart: I will reply soon, I promise. For now it's bedtime for me. Days go by way too fast... Anyway, good night (or day) everyone! :blush:
  • Bookworm742Bookworm742 Posts: 4,068 Member
    @SjappielovePaul I agree, grammar is the hardest part! I get all tangled up on which conjugation of the verb goes with which pronoun/subject in French...the regular ones aren't so bad, but there's no logic to the irregular ones! :lol:

@Martje89 Oooo, the fireman is back! Looking forward to tomorrow's surprise!
    Oooh - I'm so looking forward to more of the adventures of Kailyn and Jasper! I can't wait!
    ciane wrote: »
    I was always told that if you knew English and German, you could understand Dutch. As you say, it is a mixture; but every language has its exceptions and its slang. I am only fluent in English though I do find language interesting, I just do not have the "ear" for it.

@ciane Well I think you would be able to understand a few bits and pieces. At work we try to speak Dutch to my English speaking colleague and he understands most of it. I've found out there are a lot of similar words. To give you a few basic examples: apple/appel, cucumber/komkommer, drink/drinken, eat/eten, house/huis, water/water, book/boek, cat/kat et cetera. The differences are usually in the way you pronounce something. And I agree with you, languages are very interesting :smile: I learnt English and German in high school (forgot most of my German though, at least how to speak it). And I would loooooove to learn Italian one day :blush:

And on the language thing: English is one of the hardest ones to learn, so I've heard. Probably because it's *technically* a Germanic language, but it has borrowed so heavily from French (and a few other languages occasionally!) Consequences of Normans deciding to take over England and all! Been working on relearning the French I took in high school lately, and it never fails to amaze me how differently we say things. But for a native English speaker...they sure do mix up their sentence structure! XD

@Bookworm742 That's interesting! French is such a beautiful language, but I do find it hard to learn. That's why I chose German in high school (also because I thought that would be more useful since we're neighbors :wink:) But I would love to learn French too one day :smile:

Well I had less trouble with English than any other language. Why? Because I think the grammar is quite easy.

I've never had much trouble learning words, so grammar is what makes a language tough for me. German for example, is a word masculine, feminine, neutral or a multiple you can't simply use 'the' no it's der, die, das, die. Than you have die (for subject: die Frau ist (the woman is)), des (Frau des Hauses(Lady of the house)), der (help I forgot! I do know 'in der Schweiss' (to Zwitserland, while it literally would mean in Zwitserland without irrelevant grammar rules) and I can never forget), die (er magt die Frau(he likes the woman)). And same goes for der, des, dem, der and das, des, dem, der. Ugh I bet this is full of mistakes, I give up :')

But the German word for Girl (das Mädchen) is neutral, while boy (der Jungen) is masculine...

It doesn't make sense at all xD I respect the person that understood my German explanation ;)

Also I've heard Dutch is tough as in many cases grammar doesn't really work the way it should lol. But I don't know. I grew up speaking Dutch!

@SjappielovePaul I agree haha. German and grammar... ugh! I still remember the little rows of words we learnt, like aus/bei/mit/nach/seit/von/zu and durch/fur/gegen/ohne/um. But don't ask me when or how to use those words :D I live 15 minutes away from the German border and I go shopping there once in a while. It would be easier if I knew how to speak German better :wink: Oh well... another thing I'd like to learn one day.
    Well, I can communicate with a German person if I need to, but they'll have some great laughing stock with the way I speak it ;)@Martje89. However I do know how to order food and that's most important, lol!

We live an hour from the German border and we love to go shopping in Leer! With my dad we used to go to Nordhorn as he lives in Drenthe, it's closer.
    pkJ66Kv.png
    All aanbevolen! It all looks so great :)

Thanks @SjappielovePaul :kissing_heart:

Adorable cottage! Thinking I might need both versions of it...just in case I have other sims that want to live there. ;) Kailyn is great. Love her clothes, and her story! Cute pictures! ...and bought generations, did you say? And possibly University Life as well, based on those pictures? Interesting....

Thank you @Bookworm742 :blush: Glad you like it! I find it diffcult sometimes to come up with a nice story, but once my muse started working for this gift, Kailyn's story practically wrote itself :smile: And I agree with you that University Life comes with a lot of nice stuff!

MsPrissy88 wrote: »
    Hydrangea Cottage and Kailyn is such a cute starter home and sim! Too bad you weren't able to upload the fireman with her. Oh well.... next time, hon!

@MsPrissy88 Thank you! I received more comments about the fireman so I went back in game :# And after Kailyn set fire to the stove again and the fireman came to save her AGAIN, I thought this was a sign. So an update on Kailyn and her cute rescuer will follow soon!

suzses wrote: »
    @Martje89 How I appreciate starters, especially ones with expansion possibilities. I've already commented on the coziness of the first one in the main gift exchange, so I'll concentrate on the second one here. I love the wallpapers and floral prints you've used, very pretty and colorful. You've managed to pull it together quite nicely with some decorative touches that make it "homey," something not that easy to pull off with the limited budget for starters.

All three sims are really lovely. Your pictures of Leia and Eve are great, you've really captured the fun in their relationship. Kailyn is also quite cute and her backstory so sweet.

I can see all of these things in my own game. Off to rec' and download. :)

Aww thank you @suzses :blush: I really like it when a home feels cozy. My own house is decorated with lots of candles, paintings, pillows, flowers and other decorative items, so it's no surprise that I like that in game as well :smile: When you have a limited budget, it's sometimes hard to achieve that homey feeling. That's why the CAS option is my biggest friend lol.

Well, I can communicate with a German person if I need to, but they'll have some great laughing stock with the way I speak it ;)@Martje89. However I do know how to order food and that's most important, lol!

We live an hour from the German border and we love to go shopping in Leer! With my dad we used to go to Nordhorn as he lives in Drenthe, it's closer.

Haha food definitely is important @SjappielovePaul B) I've never been to Leer or Nordhorn, but I also haven't visited Friesland or Groningen very often. Usually we go to Goch. I like the drugstores in Germany (I love nailpolish and in Germany it's cheaper and they have so many brands to choose from :#). CentrO in Oberhausen is fun as well. A good place to visit when it rains, because it's all indoors. And they have a giant floor with food stalls o:)
    aricarai wrote: »
    OHMYSQUEE! Martje - these gifts are absolutely amazing!

Pinochle Point Bungalow is so perfect and I love that it is a starter. I struggle with budgets too when I am building and I really dig that you left me some space to add, expand and decorate. Looks absolutely fab. I've rec'd and fav'd and I can't wait to get it in game to explore it!

The Supernatural Household looks like these two girls are going to be an absolute hoot. I'm looking forward to getting in depth with my first witch and fairy. I love that you put so much thought into Leia and Eve's back story. It's so cute! I can't wait to play these two - already rec'd and fav'd!

Kailyn has such a sweet back story. I love that she found a love of painting because of her grandmother. That makes me smile. I also like that you've moved her into a pre-made home and decorated it to her tastes. Ooh and I wish there was more with the fireman - I may have to go find him in game, set fire to something and continue the story - haha! I've rec'd and fav'd - I will download when I next go into game.

Thank you so much for the gifts - they're fantastic and more than I could have hoped for! :D

Aww @aricarai :blush: Thank you! I'm so glad you like your gifts. :heart:

When I was building Pinochle Point Bungalow I kept in mind that you like to decorate, build and upgrade while you play. So I thought it would be nice to leave you with some extra space. That way you are able to add your own touch to the house and make it a place that really fits the Sim that is going to live in it :smile:

Leia and Eve are so much fun together. They look like total opposites, but they say opposites attract so :wink: The way they play games, giggle and tell each other stories is to cute to watch. At first I had trouble coming up with a nice story for them. But I really wanted them to be either sisters or best friends. I used to watch a lot of supernatural television series like Charmed and Ghost Whisperer and I'm currently watching Once upon a Time. So when I channeled the whole "I want to be normal / nobody understands my magic" thing their story wrote itself :wink:

Kailyn was fun to create as well. She was actually the first one I created for this exchange. As for her house, I built it myself from scratch and made up the 'redecorating' part of her story because I felt it really suited her. She's such a creative girl :blush: The fireman was so cute, so I was a little sad when I found out that Sims start from scratch when you add them to your game. That's why I went back in game for another, extra suprise... :#

As you might have seen already, there will be a fourth gift as well. But I'm still working on that one. This weekend is going to be very busy for me, so I hope I will be able to finish it sometime next week. Of course I will let you know when the time is there to "unwrap" that present as well :wink: I hope you don't mind!
    edited June 2016
    Hi @aricarai :smile: As I told you earlier, Kailyn set her stove on fire again. Jasper, the cute fireman, came to rescue her for the second time and they started flirting, AGAIN! They're so cute together and Jasper saving Kailyn... well... let's just say it was a sign :wink: So that's why I went back in game to continue their story.

1zd2iar.jpg

After Jasper saved Kailyn for the second time and they started flirting again, Kailyn decided she would love to meet Jasper under normal circumstances. So one day she invited him over. Jasper didn't have to think for a second when he received Kailyn's call. He really liked her and immediately said yes.

5uqszo.jpg
    2hp1sec.jpg

They spent the day at Kailyn's home, where they talked a lot and watched the stars together (I'm sorry for the ugly boots in the pictures. Jasper already had these, but I changed them later).

2uh46jc.jpg

Jasper and Kailyn kept dating and eventually took their relationship a step further by becoming boy/girlfriend. One day, they spent an afternoon in the park. The Fall Festival had just begun, so Kailyn and Jasper did some apple bobbing and participated in a pie eating contest. Kailyn won both times, but Jasper still had a lot of fun because he got to spent time with is sweet girl. They ended their day at Kailyn's place, where they watched the stars together again.

5z2lx3.jpg
    351ilw0.jpg

One thing led to another and Jasper moved in with Kailyn. And guess what the first thing was that Jasper did: making sure Kailyn's stove wouldn't catch fire again lol :#

20r8weg.jpg

Jasper, the hopeless romantic he is, kept suprising Kailyn with gifts. He loved her so much and wanted to spend his whole life with her. That's when he popped the big question. Oh my... Kailyn's face was priceless! :love:

6f4fwp.jpg
    2pq9r8k.jpg
    1gqfwo.jpg
    29zdi0l.jpg
    2rxbjx0.jpg

Life was good for Kailyn and Jasper. They enjoyed being engaged and their relationship continued to grow. They still went out on fun dates and kept watching the stars together.

1z2k5eh.jpg

In the winter the couple went ice skating, where Jasper tried to show off his moves :wink:

2i0t4l0.jpg
    szubd5.jpg
    2em34ef.jpg
    23lfmuh.jpg

Currently, Kailyn and Jasper are still engaged. How their life will continue? I'll leave that up to you :smiley: So without furder ado, I hereby present you the link to their household: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8917762

Have fun! And I you ever happen to take pictures of them while playing, I would love to see them :wink:

And here's one bonus picture from Jasper while he was at work. His colleague made me giggle o:)

r9ip1z.jpg
    Aww...that's amazing! I love them - they're fantastic together and so darn cute!
    Thank you so much! :)
    @aricarai You're so welcome! :blush: I hope you have fun with them (I know I did :wink:)!
    Martje89 wrote: »

Haha food definitely is important @SjappielovePaul B) I've never been to Leer or Nordhorn, but I also haven't visited Friesland or Groningen very often. Usually we go to Goch. I like the drugstores in Germany (I love nailpolish and in Germany it's cheaper and they have so many brands to choose from :#). CentrO in Oberhausen is fun as well. A good place to visit when it rains, because it's all indoors. And they have a giant floor with food stalls o:)

Never been to Goch ;) but it sounds great! We usually pay a visit to the weapon store in Leer, not like we'd actually buy anything, but it's so impressive as I'd never thought I'd ever see a gun for real lol. Also liquor store, they have so many more kinds of drinks! Yeah, I love shopping in Leer ;)

Oberhausen has been on our to do list for a while, might have to pressure that a bit more now.
    pkJ66Kv.png
  • Bookworm742Bookworm742 Posts: 4,068 Member
    Love the continuation of the story! And yay, now we get to take that cute fireman home with us! :lol: (and the failure at ice skating made me giggle!)
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    I'm so glad we talked you into giving us the fireman and your continuation of the story is awesome. Thank you.
    Huh, now that I'm actually awake...

I love the story! Jasper and Kaylin look so cute together :) I've recd them for ya!

Also I had French and German in high school. I thought German was easier than French. I was lucky to have had Latin, which made I was a little into Roman languages but it really is hard to learn another language from another language group. I've been wanting to learn Swedish for a while, they say it must be easier for Frisians. But for now I'm okay with fluent in three languages and understandable in two more ;)
    pkJ66Kv.png
  • ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    Kailyn and Jasper look good together! His upgrading the stove to fireproof after he moved in made me laugh.
  • XxHannelorexXXxHannelorexX Posts: 2,943 Member
    Kailyn looks like a fun sim to play! :) Love creative sims!

I enjoyed reading about her and Jasper :)

And Hydrangea Cottage is another lovely little starter home! It looks so warm and cozy :)

Rec'd :)
  • ShannenShannen Posts: 2,811 Member
    @Martje89 Pinochle Point Bungalow is simply adorable, I like the daffodils in the garden.. such a charming touch. Awww Leia Mitchell and Eve Sutton are so cute, I love their backstory and hope that they'll be friends well into their elder days...well they will in my game anyways :) Hydrangea Cottage is such a charming little cottage. Kailyn McKee is very pretty :) Her story yet is soooo *looks for tissues* cute I love her and Jasper together. <3
  • suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    @Martje89 Aww, I'm so glad Jasper came back! And that we all get to enjoy him with Kailyn in our games. Rec'd and downloaded, too. :)
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • pxelskiespxelskies Posts: 1,064 Member
    edited June 2016
    I love Pinochle Point Bungalow! It's a great starter, and looks so much better than the one that are in-game already. It's also nice that there's still plenty of space to expand the house, if needed.
    Leia Mitchell and Eve Sutton are gorgeous Sims, and I love their backstory. Their outfits are awesome! Same goes for Kailyn McKee - she looks amazing (and she and the fireman are adorable together) <3 Hydrangea Cottage is such a cozy home.
    All of them are REC'd <3

Haha, same here! I go to Leer quite often :D

I've learned English, German, French and Spanish in school, and English was definitely the easiest one for me. I dropped French after 2,5 years, because it was way too complicated for me xD Spanish was also complicated, but still fun. And I somehow never had much trouble with German, even though it's a complicated language. People always joke that I must have German ancestors :D
    I love Pinochle Point Bungalow! It's a great starter, and looks so much better than the one that are in-game already. It's also nice that there's still plenty of space to expand the house, if needed.
    Leia Mitchell and Eve Sutton are gorgeous Sims, and I love their backstory. Their outfits are awesome! Same goes for Kailyn McKee - she looks amazing (and she and the fireman are adorable together) <3 Hydrangea Cottage is such a cozy home.
    All of them are REC'd <3

Haha, same here! I go to Leer quite often :D

I've learned English, German, French and Spanish in school, and English was definitely the easiest one for me. I dropped French after 2,5 years, because it was way too complicated for me xD Spanish was also complicated, but still fun. And I somehow never had much trouble with German, even though it's a complicated language. People always joke that I must have German ancestors :D

Well, could easily be, being a Dutchy ;) I wish I could've learned Spanish in school! Way more useful to me than French, I love Spain!
    pkJ66Kv.png