Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happened In Your Game Today?

Comments

• Options
    bionicdessertsbionicdesserts Posts: 320 Member
    One of my sim families had triplets and they aged up into toddlers. I don't understand how the 7 toddler challenge is even possible. I have both parents plus a live-in nanny so that mean there's an adult for every toddler and yet every moment is a constant battle to balance the kid's needs and skilling against the adult's needs, aspirations, moods, and jobs. The only break I get from the madness is like a 2 hour period right before dawn when I can get most of the house to sleep at the same time. I know I'm making it more stressful for myself than it needs to be because I'm trying to max all their skills before they age to kids but I still think that even if was being more carefree about it it would still be a time because it's impossible to get them on the same sleeping and eating scheduled. I'm close to it but there is always the outlier who didn't eat before bed and wakes up in the middle of the night mad and hungry or one who I couldn't get washed up before they got too tired so I have wake them up to give them a bath, ect. It's always something.

Also, the way toddlers look when they run is the funniest thing ever. They're like the wind.
  • Options
    basslinewildbasslinewild Posts: 268 Member
    Moira and Dominic finally died of old age. Siobhan and Salim's son became a child. That's as far as I've gotten today. Hoping to get rid of some more elders today. My game is overrun with them. :D
    Tessa :)
    Gallery items under : TessaNicolle
    Check out my houses!
  • Options
    EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    My Sim just went on her first date (the kind with goals you have to complete). It didn't go so well as the guy wasn't too happy. He kept showing a thought bubble with her picture and a red slash through it. I guess that's it for them. Time for her to move onto someone else or just stay single.
  • Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    I moved a new young couple into a cramped tiny apartment. She got pregnant early on, and I thought, okay I can just squeeze a toddler bed in here, but then she had twins! They didn't have much money, being a starter household & all, but I did manage to find them a small place in Windenburg, with enough left over to build on a kid's room, so all worked out well.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    This isn't about what happened in my game today, but rather something that I had learned about the game today. I had just learned through testing that you can't place that portal tree on a penthouse lot today. Even if you lay down outdoor flooring first. At least not without the aid of a cheat or a mod anyways.
  • Options
    My Sim managed to find the secret lot in Willow Creek, Sylvan Glade. I have a question. If I delete her and start a new game (or she dies and I create a new Sim to take her place), will that new Sim have to discover the Sylvan Glade again or will it remain open for future Sims?
  • Options
    My Sim managed to find the secret lot in Willow Creek, Sylvan Glade. I have a question. If I delete her and start a new game (or she dies and I create a new Sim to take her place), will that new Sim have to discover the Sylvan Glade again or will it remain open for future Sims?
    Each sim has to discover all hidden lots for themselves. Even if that sim has died, and you brought them back in another game.
  • Options
    ZakaryQuackZakaryQuack Posts: 59 Member
    I left a mailbox blocking the entrance to my house and walked away not realising and my sim just did nothing for like an hour. Poor thing.
    yqhMsxf.png
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited April 2017
    I started a new story with some male Sims who are supposed to be firemen. I built them a makeshift fire station to live in. It's a lot of hard work since I set the lot to have gremlins, cursed, and some other bad trait.

The other day (when I played) in between everything broke on the lot (that is their emergencies) water and sparks flying everywhere I broke down and called a repair girl. She showed up and tried to fix the cheapest TV. She got electrocuted, :D , they all stood around sorry, and crying (that's good, they would be concerned in real life, so I was happy they cared so much) a few of them got a death moodlet for ten hours instead of the usual two or four hour. And often broke down. I'm working on their handiness, and other skills so when the get a real fire truck they will be ready. One sneaked away to the bluffs (deserted) for some romance, as he is the lover of the bunch. Another I found cloned in a bar, and it was quite disturbing to meet one's self. Another decided he had enough and kept spawning the tablet into inventory every time I removed it, instantly. So, yeah, lots of drama for me. :D And one has a broken ankle moodlet all the time because he won't stop taking dream shots. :D
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    edited April 2017
    my 100% pure bread alien got abducted as soon as I went in to play with him. I made him and his 2 daughters a few real weeks ago, when populating New Crest, and left them in a house. But as soon as I started playing them he got abducted and a few sim days later
    04-27-17_3-32-24nbspPM_zpsompt9ouj.png
    and one or two more and the Dr delivers a healthy baby girl we named Bridgette.
    04-27-17_4-49-37nbspPM_zps8hjfpuih.png
    I love the look on this babys face. "so are you gonna keep me or send me home."
    04-27-17_4-50-11nbspPM_zpsl7jb1bcu.png

he is in the science career and while playing with his ray gun
    04-28-17_3-05-12nbspPM_zpsvump9p8q.png

his two older children, like to do yard sales to help their dad with the finances. but it annoyed me and probably them that neighbours come in and use their stuff.
    04-28-17_3-30-31nbspPM_zps3dqctamj.png

If you're wondering why I have a bath in the living room, they are very poor and not enough money to build another bathroom.
  • Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    One of my sim families had triplets and they aged up into toddlers. I don't understand how the 7 toddler challenge is even possible. I have both parents plus a live-in nanny so that mean there's an adult for every toddler and yet every moment is a constant battle to balance the kid's needs and skilling against the adult's needs, aspirations, moods, and jobs. The only break I get from the madness is like a 2 hour period right before dawn when I can get most of the house to sleep at the same time. I know I'm making it more stressful for myself than it needs to be because I'm trying to max all their skills before they age to kids but I still think that even if was being more carefree about it it would still be a time because it's impossible to get them on the same sleeping and eating scheduled. I'm close to it but there is always the outlier who didn't eat before bed and wakes up in the middle of the night mad and hungry or one who I couldn't get washed up before they got too tired so I have wake them up to give them a bath, ect. It's always something.

Also, the way toddlers look when they run is the funniest thing ever. They're like the wind.

I love the challenge of more toddlers, I did the 7 toddler challenge and hired a nanny for the first three or four days, once they were all level 2 potty trained it got easier. and I sent my dad out a few times to play darts or go to the disco. then hired a nanny while he slept it off the next morning.
  • Options
    FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    After weeks of having the haunted lot trait, I finally got my first ghost!

1F8LAjy.png

She broke all my stuff and then stood there, like, "Ew, it's so gross in here!"

E1Bv9cj.png
  • Options
    Oh I forgot one thing. My Sim aged up from Young Adult to Adult but got a Sad moodlet about it all because she was at a Festival in San Myshuno and didn't have time to plan a birthday party for herself.
  • Options
    Just started a new game with an all new sim today. So not much has happened in my game today.
  • Options
    I also started a second game for a Legacy Challenge.
  • Options
    My PlantSim just got back from the Spice Festival as a curry eating champion.
  • Options
    What happened in my game today is that my vampire Sophi lost her bikini in her own swimming pool.
  • Options
    SassieSassie Posts: 293 Member
    With the help of a plate of flirty cookies my Sim completed the Plantsim Challenge. Ofcourse he went into the magical tree, got the forbidden fruit and planted it. Now waiting for the first harvest. :)
    Currently playing the Abbott household (4th generation now: Theo).
  • Options
    MysticOneMysticOne Posts: 460 Member
    Nothing. The same as yesterday.
  • Options
    JosephsBabyDollJosephsBabyDoll Posts: 14 New Member
    Michele nearly killed herself today. She was making an herbal remedy on the grill when the grill caught fire...so did she. I quickly had her extinguish herself before she died. I've been working hard on her and her herbalism skill...I wasn't about to let her die.
  • Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    I think I have a good sister/evil sister story formulating. One of my households has 2 toddler girls, one kept throwing tantrums, hitting everyone, smashing her dollhouse, refusing hugs & was just generally out of control, even more so than my other fussy toddlers. The more her parents scolded her, the worse she got. Her sister on the other hand (charmer trait) is an absolute sweetheart, playing nicely & telling "goofy stories" all the time. Going to be fun watching these two grow up. I have too many "nice" sims anyway, it's about time I threw a rotten one into the mix.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I finally got Elizabeth Roberts a boyfriend, Simon Frank, thinking he was the same age, but no, he's days away from becoming an elder, so they quickly had hot sex and produced a son, Daniel Roberts-Frank.

They live in Alto Apartments in San Myshuno along with their flatmates, Caterina Nicknell, a sous chef who wants to get it on with Kangee Black and Liza Mazur who hates children (yet helps Daniel).

There's going to be a handful of birthdays to celebrate soon. Watch this space!
  • Options
    SassieSassie Posts: 293 Member
    My sim got turned down three times :o by his BFF and love interest Luna Villareal (their relationship status is 'lovebirds'). It seems that Luna doesn't want to take the relationship to the next level (BF/GF, holding hands or first kiss), even though there is a reasonale amount of pink in their romance bar and she was receptive for his flirts.
    Currently playing the Abbott household (4th generation now: Theo).
  • Options
    PerunaPeruna Posts: 101 Member
    I'm feeling a little bummed right now. :< I was intentionally slowly building up a romantic relationship between two sims, doing little romantic actions here and there, careful to not move too fast, and when I finally got their romance meter to about 50%...some sort of a bug happened and the romance meter disappeared, as if they'd never done anything romantic towards each other. Their friendship remained, thankfully, but uuugh, now I have to do it all over again. I could cheat, I guess, but I don't like cheating.
  • Options
    TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    I learned that Smucky Toodlesfleever's Mischief skill is so high she can walk up to a Don't Wake The Llama game, whip out a match, and burn the whole thing down.
    Lilith and Caleb Vatore adopted an orphan girl and are raising her in Forgotten Hollow, where Rosemary's been getting abducted on a regular basis. Still haven't seen a Plantsim around there.
    Rosemary and Lilith woo-hooed in Rosemary's rocket ship, which set off all the fireworks in the yard. Pretty spectacular. I'll try to get pictures next time.
    7mQr8Yt.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top