Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do script mods work on Mac now?

When I first got the game, I added a couple of script mods to it, which after a few very glitchy plays finally caused my game to crash and somehow delete all my save files. I'm very scarred by this experience, because I had made a lot of progress with my sims and had to start fresh (I play sims different from most people, as I've played the same family for over a year, with aging turned off. I just enjoy playing as myself and my own family and friends and not letting anyone die, rather than starting a new household every once in a while with random sims or creating a legacy. So completely losing my sims was sad for me!) I don't know why, but the script mods caused the game to force me straight into CAS with no memory of my previous game.
I got the game on Mac the day it became available on Mac through Origin, and this problem probably happened not long after. So I am wondering if that was a known issue at some point on Mac, and if since it has been over a year, they have fixed it. I would love to try out some script mods without feeling suspenseful terror! :p
Regular custom content works fine (aside from shiny sims sometimes).
[Specs (though I'm sure that's not the problem):
Late 2012 27" iMac
3.4 GHz i7
8 gb ram
GeForce 680MX 2gb]

Comments

• Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    Make sure you back up your saves. That way you can always restore your current game without problems.

I don't use those kind of mods myself, but I haven't heard of anyone having problems.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • m11kjm11kj Posts: 410 Member
    I use several script mods on my mac game and they work fine. It's a 2012 laptop with i7core 3.0GHz and 8G ram tho. Also I'm still on OS X Mavericks. Hate updating to newer versions cuz im lazy lol.

W79XhDj.png
  • stalkirenestalkirene Posts: 9 New Member
    Thank you guys! If I come across a script mod I can't live without I'll just backup (since I know how to now) and try it out. I am also still on Mavericks, do you know if there are any problems upgrading to El Capitan?
    I've heard that some Nvidia graphics cards are affected by the update.
  • stalkirenestalkirene Posts: 9 New Member
    Do you know a post I could find more details about the NVIDIAs?
    Here is a start. I know there is a thread somewhere in the Mac section here discussing possible fixes for it.

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/856370/os-x-10-11-el-capitan-official-release-thread/p6