Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rainy's Downpour- Chapter updates

StormyDayzStormyDayz Posts: 4,035 Member
When trying to decide if I should start a new thread for an old challenge that I restarted @CathyTea suggested that I create one thread that has all of my Sims stories/challenges. Get ready for the downpour!

Edit 1/19/16: I've decided that the way I had the lists was too difficult to find my current stories so I'm putting them at the top and when I'm finished or take a break from them I'll move them down...

Current Stories (All Sims 4)
Drifter Challenge II
Random Legacy II

Sims 4
The Marx Legacy (completed 10/13/14)
The Runaway Teen Challenge (completed 10/22/14)
Knox'd Up: A 100 Baby Challenge (completed 02/06/15)
What Raven Wants: A Whim's and Sims Challenge (completed 01/22/15)
Flora's Fauna: A Living off the Grid Challenge (completed 10/29/14)
Multiplicity: A Clone Challenge (cancelled due to loss of save file)
Living Off the Land: A Nomad Challenge (cancelled-lost interest)
Total Flukyness: A Random Legacy (postponed due to boredom)
Keeping Up with the Jones's: A Neighborhood Rotation (continued as the Challenge Mashup)
Room Challenge (completed 01/28/15)
Montagues and Capulets: A Runaway Teen Lovers Challenge (completed 04/13/16)
Riches to Rags: An Asylum Challenge (postponded due to boredom)
Something Strange: A Xenopilia Challenge (cancelled-abduction mod broke)
'Till Death Do We Part: An Ambrosia Challenge (spun-off into Heart & Soul)
Heart & Soul: A Legacy (postponed due to boredom)
Drifter Challenge I (ended at house 009 and restarted Drifter II at house 001)
The Challenge Mashup Rotation (canclelled due to loss of interest)
The Duo's Dive: A Restuarant Challenge (postponed due to boredom)
Island Challenge (postponed... no real reason)
Complete Zanieness: ISBI Challenge
Whim Challenge

Sims 3
The Marx Legacy (completed 08/04/14)
100 Baby Challenge (cancelled because game crashes when I try to open this save)
The Runaway Teen Challenge (completed 08/16/14)
Apocalypse Challenge (lost interest)
The Moone Wishacy Challenge (Hard drive died and have no plans to re-install Sims 3)

Sims 2
Going Oldschool: A Neighborhood Rotation (cancelled due to boredom)
Poverty Challenge (cancelled-lost interest)
Awesimsauce Legacy Challenge (Hard drive died and have no plans to re-install Sims 2)
Apocalypse Challenge (completed 02/22/16)
Build a City Challenge (cancelled- don't like businesses)
In Another Life Challenge Part 2 (Hard drive died and have no plans to re-install Sims 2)

Sims 1
In Another Life Challenge Part 1 (completed 03/10/16)
Post edited by StormyDayz on

Comments

• CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    That's a lotta stories! :)

Also, I see I've got quite a few to add to "It's Done!" I'll try to get those added in the next few days! How prolific you are! :)
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • StormyDayzStormyDayz Posts: 4,035 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »
    That's a lotta stories! :)

Also, I see I've got quite a few to add to "It's Done!" I'll try to get those added in the next few days! How prolific you are! :)

Keep in mind until recently I didn't write in a story format. I just documented what was happening in my challenges. Told ya there was a lot. I actually left out several Sims 2 ones because they were only a few chapters long. :D
  • ra3reira3rei Posts: 2,418 Member
    Awesome - bookmarked! and I'll be back to look through your lovely list of challenges.
    Check out Raerei's Fortress for Builds, Short Stories, and maybe some longer stuff.
    ra3rei wrote: »
    Awesome - bookmarked! and I'll be back to look through your lovely list of challenges.

Yay! Thanks. :D
    This chapter is part of the Heart & Soul Legacy which is a spinoff of 'Till Death Do We Part. The links to the chapter index's for both are in my signature...

It's funny what time off can do. When I wrote this chapter I was totally frustrated and unhappy with it. Re-reading it now I absolutely love it! Isaac is one of my favorites of the brood of kids. I might even go as far as to say he's my favorite now that I think of it. This is just a fun chapter with absolutely no story-line or plot. Enjoy!

Chapter 1.4: A Bit Odd
    imageedit_110_5384016320.jpg
    My favorite chapters....plotless slices of life!
    Check out Raerei's Fortress for Builds, Short Stories, and maybe some longer stuff.
    My favorite chapters....plotless slices of life!

You'll love the Holt chapters then. Around chapter 10 the Marx chapters start to go into a story again. I just wrote 13 and I'm a bit disappointed in it because the kids are hardly in it. Next one of theirs will definitely just be about the kids. It'll take awhile to get a rhythm going. I've started to plan out the Holt's story for when the new heir takes over already. I'm pretty excited about it.
    Morning all. Another Heart & Soul update for ya'll. I'm pretty happy because I wrote 2 chapters for this story yesterday. Sometimes when I take a break from something it takes forever to get the motivation to go back to it so I'm relieved.

Chapter 1.5: Home Improvements
    imageedit_113_7672912526.jpg
    Do I comment here or over on the challenge thread...Ohhh I know! I'll be random about it so you never know where to expect my comments.

Loved this chapter, I love seeing Amira growing up. I wonder if she'll ever tell Tate her official story? I think Tate is an absolute gem of a sim! He's just so darn innocent and cuddly. :D

(PS you're in my secret personal reading circle - I'm not participating officially, but there are about five authors than I read all there posts of during the week so I figure that counts. :P)
    Do I comment here or over on the challenge thread...Ohhh I know! I'll be random about it so you never know where to expect my comments.

Loved this chapter, I love seeing Amira growing up. I wonder if she'll ever tell Tate her official story? I think Tate is an absolute gem of a sim! He's just so darn innocent and cuddly. :D

(PS you're in my secret personal reading circle - I'm not participating officially, but there are about five authors than I read all there posts of during the week so I figure that counts. :P)

You can comment where ever. <shrugs> Once again I feel a bit frustrated that I'm so far ahead of everyone. I know the answers to your questions but I have to be vague. I haven't shown all of Tate's traits yet. I think I might in the next Marx chapter go into another of his? There will be some telling of Amira's story because she has no choice but I'm not going to say if it's to Tate or not.

As to secret personal circle (that sounds so funny!) I read your Ghost updates and @CitizenErased14 's Ashes to Ashes updates as soon as I see them. I had a few others I was reading the day they posted them but I fell behind and can't remember where I left off! I went to start reading your legacy one night and I think I got confused and started reading the wrong one. Then I got frustrated with my whole WordPress iPad issue and gave up. I really want to be able to like and comment on posts on my iPad and I can't but I prefer to read on it.
    Oh, gee yeah. Remembering where you leave off is not easy. I have a page I use to track those that aren't everytime reads. But often it just reminds me how far behind I am.

Sorry my site confused you. There is a lot of stories on it and I don't know how well the wp reader handles it. Sounds like not well. The reader is so great until it's not and it does render story posts for reading well so I understand the preference.

My questions above were mainly rhetorical questions as I read, not requests for answers or anything. I know you will reveal all in time.
    No no I don't think it's your site's fault. I think I started reading the legacy that you've already finished instead of the one you're currently posting updates on. I realized it when I saw a summary page that had all the generations on it.

As to the iPad my problem is that for some odd reason it wants me to log in and comment under my old WordPress account from when I used to read book blogs. I'm going to have to figure it out soon because I've got to read stuff for the reading circle and I don't want to do it on the computer.
    No no I don't think it's your site's fault. I think I started reading the legacy that you've already finished instead of the one you're currently posting updates on. I realized it when I saw a summary page that had all the generations on it.

As to the iPad my problem is that for some odd reason it wants me to log in and comment under my old WordPress account from when I used to read book blogs. I'm going to have to figure it out soon because I've got to read stuff for the reading circle and I don't want to do it on the computer.

Ah! The Pigglewiggles - they're fun, but yeah there's like 90some chapters of them and the writing isn't bad at all, it's just all over the place as I was experimenting with styles. (The Huffman's gen 1 listing is here, if you're curious and bored. )

My phone does the SAME thing, it keeps wanting me to log in under my old email. I wonder in your case if you uninstall and then reinstall the app if that will clear out the old system? It might not, but might be worth a try? I keep meaning to do that on my phone.
    Ah! The Pigglewiggles - they're fun, but yeah there's like 90some chapters of them and the writing isn't bad at all, it's just all over the place as I was experimenting with styles. (The Huffman's gen 1 listing is here, if you're curious and bored. )

My phone does the SAME thing, it keeps wanting me to log in under my old email. I wonder in your case if you uninstall and then reinstall the app if that will clear out the old system? It might not, but might be worth a try? I keep meaning to do that on my phone.

I've got to figure something out because it's really annoying not being able to comment or at least like peoples stuff. The Huffman's, I'll have to remember that. I think I went to Pigglewiggles because it was mentioned in Ghost maybe?

I've got to figure something out because it's really annoying not being able to comment or at least like peoples stuff. The Huffman's, I'll have to remember that. I think I went to Pigglewiggles because it was mentioned in Ghost maybe?

Yeah, both Hank and James are Pigglewiggles. Gotta use those spares somehow. :P
    Yeah, both Hank and James are Pigglewiggles. Gotta use those spares somehow. :P

Oh James is too? Cool!
    edited May 2016
    Ohmygosh! I just realized that my plan for an even rotation between the Holt's and Marx families is flawed. :# I just finished chapter 15 and am just now realizing that I've been playing the Holts for an extra day this whole time! Now I've got to go back and re-read all the chapters and try to figure out what their ages are supposed to be in the order that they were born. Which will not be easy because the way I wrote it I did the "sight unseen" toddlers sometimes when they were children. I was wondering why my Holt heir was so much older than my Marx heir. *sigh*

Edit: Okay I freaked out for nothing. From what I can tell they are the ages they should be. Amira and Vaughn just didn't have kids right away which explains the age difference.
    Post edited by StormyDayz on
    I totally forgot that I wanted to post this chapter today! I got caught up reading SimLit and just remembered.

ISBI Challenge 2.6: Teenhood
    A bit of a sad Heart & Soul chapter today. It was supposed to be getting to know the triplets a little bit but things took a turn for the worse.

Chapter 1.6: Heartbroken
    imageedit_116_3532071746.jpg
    I meant to post another ISBI chapter here last night and I forgot. I'm going to have to set a timer on my phone or something to remember.

When I saw the chapter title I thought this was a different chapter but it's not. I'm sooo far ahead of ya'll! I'm getting ready to plan Isaac's wedding! I'm not sure if I said it in the chapter notes but I decided to have another baby because the traits and aspiration that I rolled for Faithe were almost identical to the Holt heir's traits and aspiration.

Chapter 1.7: Baby Fever
    imageedit_120_6034492969.jpg
    For the last few days every day when I look to see which Heart & Soul chapter I'm publishing that day I kept hoping it was these chapters. They sort of go together so I'm publishing them together. Now finally everyone can understand the chaos that is my legacy!

Chapter 1.8: A Little Surprise
    imageedit_123_2439594723.jpg

Chapter 1.9: Must Run in the Family
    imageedit_126_2122130081.jpg
    In game I'm wrapping up gen one of Heart & Soul. It is so strange seeing the triplets still children! I have one Holt chapter and the gen one bloopers and outtakes to write and then I think I'll take a break and try to get a little caught up with everyone before I start gen two. Knowing me that won't last long! This is the only family photo for gen one. I had meant to take one in the Marx family with Tate and Faithe as teens and the triplets as children and I forgot. I remembered after I had saved the game after they aged up. I'd take a pic of them now but I'm not sure if there are enough poses out there for 7 adult-sized sims.

Chapter 1.10: First Family Photo
    (I'm not cropping this one down today)
    TS4_x64%2B2016-05-18%2B09-21-38-26.jpg
    First of all I am so relieved to announce that I just finished screenshotting the last of gen one of Heart & Soul and once I get the chapters written I'm taking a break! Second, I didn't realize that it was this chapter today and I'm so excited for everyone to be introduced to Bastian!

Chapter 1.11: The Real Curse
    imageedit_128_7316393189.jpg
    I'm kind of annoyed with myself. I have several ISBI chapters written that I haven't posted because I don't remember until like 9pm every day. Here's another Heart & Soul update:

As I note in the gen one review I made the mistake of not including the friends and family in my posts as much as I think I should have. This is really the only chapter that shows all of them and I really wish it would have turned out better. In later chapters you'll see the others in the background of screenshots but you never really get to know them and I regret that. So enjoy this small look into who Isaac & the triplets spend their time with...

Chapter 1.12: Making Housecalls
    (No pic, couldn't find one that fit.)