Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Reading Circles - For All Games!

Comments

• CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    cshaner wrote: »
    @CathyTea Also - a note for Paranormal Reads @MVWdeZT is unofficially part of our circle at this time. our circle lead @IchigoUsagi has had some health issues and been away for a bit. The rest of the circle all loves MVW though so we've welcomed her and I'm sure it's just time before @IchigoUsagi adds her to our circle officially. If you could add her in a 7th spot that would be great! Thank you.
    Maladi777 wrote: »
    @TheGeekGamez has been invited and joined The Novel Idea reading circle. Yay! We stole her from everyone and she's ours now!
    @CathyTea @chocis has joined the wolf den. :smiley:
    AudreyFld wrote: »
    @CathyTea - Please add @SmallSeven01 to the Reader's Nook. @sweetnightingale responded to her, but she is under the weather so I am responding for her. :)

All these new circle members! How wonderful!

I've got you all added to your circle lists on the first page! Have a lovely time with your new circle friends! :) Happy reading! Happy writing! :)
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    Hi @CathyTea please remove @NocturnalDuet and @WiggleyTuff from our Willingly Writing Reading Circle. We haven't seen engagement or a story from either in months.

On that note, we are looking for new members... willing to be active in our circle. By active, we're a fun, intimate little circle and strive to be flexible. We try and read at least 1 chapter by the featured writer and drop a line in the circle at least once a month at minimum. And we also try to provide feedback on the stories we are reading on average twice a month. We would be happy to accept any type of Sims story in our circle. :)

Also, we have a logo, @CathyTea, designed by our talented circle member, @xJojox. If you would please add this to the section with group logos, I'd appreciate it.
    IgS8GSq.png
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • IllusoryThrallIllusoryThrall Posts: 1,335 Member
    @AdamsEve1231 I might be interested in joining, I have a story-driven story I'm just getting back into writing that I think would qualify for your reading circle (I read the first post over there to see what you're looking for). I'm in another circle with another story, but I'm definitely active on forums and always looking for new things to read.
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,750 Member
    5.11 chapter
    170314-LiRBk1dSOVYd.jpg
    6adMCGP.gif
    @AdamsEve1231 I might be interested in joining, I have a story-driven story I'm just getting back into writing that I think would qualify for your reading circle (I read the first post over there to see what you're looking for). I'm in another circle with another story, but I'm definitely active on forums and always looking for new things to read.

@IllusoryThrall I'm so sorry I didn't see your request until now. I've been on the forums sporadically since getting sick recently. Yes, we're looking for new members. I would be happy to add you to our group if you're willing to commit. We typically discuss 2 stories a month (a section at time, usually small) but the minimum reading requirement is one chapter from our featured stories. We also ask that people comment at least once a month to give us an update and participate in the circle as needed. Of course, you are welcome to read as much or comment/interact as much as you want. If you'd like to pop over there, you can introduce yourself.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • cshanercshaner Posts: 2,620 Member
    @CathyTea please remove me from Paranormal Reads.

Thank you.
    covensig800x200.jpg?w=676
    SimFluence - Where Sims Influence the Story
    Blood that Binds: A Vampire Coven Challenge Updated 04/22/2017
    Life Under Construction: A Drifter Challenge House 001 Completed 1/29/17 | Orphan Challenge: Harkins Family Completed 11/12/16
    Origin ID: cshaner07
    Thank you @IllusoryThrall. I am feeling better... and oh my goodness! I've been remiss at mentioning it here.

@CathyTea Please add @IllusoryThrall to the Willingly Writing Circle and @xJojox to the Art Commune Circle. And I don't know if I mentioned this before, but WW has a logo to add also... the image is up above in a previous post, but let me know if you need something else from us. :)

Willingly Writing is still open for another spot if anyone else is interested.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • SourochaSourocha Posts: 1,465 Member
    Hey!, so, @sweetnightingale , I would like to know, as it seens that you guys have an open place, if I could join the Reader's Nook? :D:D
  • UmbralFlowerUmbralFlower Posts: 4,494 Member
    @CathyTea I've recently joined Willingly Writing. Please add me to the list <3 Thank you.
    ~*-*-*~ My SimLit: The Echoed Fragments || A Tale of Love and Fame ~*-*-*~
    Hi @CathyTea please remove @NocturnalDuet and @WiggleyTuff from our Willingly Writing Reading Circle. We haven't seen engagement or a story from either in months.

On that note, we are looking for new members... willing to be active in our circle. By active, we're a fun, intimate little circle and strive to be flexible. We try and read at least 1 chapter by the featured writer and drop a line in the circle at least once a month at minimum. And we also try to provide feedback on the stories we are reading on average twice a month. We would be happy to accept any type of Sims story in our circle. :)

Also, we have a logo, @CathyTea, designed by our talented circle member, @xJojox. If you would please add this to the section with group logos, I'd appreciate it.
    IgS8GSq.png
    cshaner wrote: »
    @CathyTea please remove me from Paranormal Reads.

Thank you.
    @CathyTea I've recently joined Willingly Writing. Please add me to the list <3 Thank you.

OK! These have all been done!

@Sourocha Will you please stop by Readers' Nook to ask about joining there? I think that @sweetnightingale might be on a bit of a break, but someone there will be able to welcome you and then let me know to add you to the list!

Thanks! :)

p.s. If anyone notices I missed any of the adding and subtracting, please let me know!

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    Are there any circles out there looking for a "guest" member? :) I don't think I can make the commitment of truly being in a circle and reading all the stories, and I don't expect others to read mine either... I'm just kinda asking if there's any circle that doesn't mind if someone who is not a member of their circle occasionally chimes in on a more general writing topic if it comes up? I've eavesdropped on some really wonderful discussions before and I really crave a place to get deep and discuss writing. :) I had a circle where I occasionally participated but I no longer post there, so I'm hoping I can find another willing to "adopt" me? :)

Please let me know so I'll know it's ok to pop in!
    snvAF3B.png
  • Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    @CitizenErased14 I remember I have offered a membership in our circle to you once. We most certainly welcome creative discussions. The offer still stands.
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
    @CitizenErased14 I remember I have offered a membership in our circle to you once. We most certainly welcome creative discussions. The offer still stands.

@Maladi777 that was so long ago, I'd almost forgotten :) I don't think I can commit to being a full member but I appreciate knowing I am welcome to visit your circle! :heart:
    snvAF3B.png

@Maladi777 that was so long ago, I'd almost forgotten :) I don't think I can commit to being a full member but I appreciate knowing I am welcome to visit your circle! :heart:

You can join under whatever conditions suit you. We don't insist that our new members read all of our stories anymore, because it's too big a task at this point.
    heffners_orig.jpg
  • ArrowleafArrowleaf Posts: 3,871 Member
    @AdamsEve1231 Are there still spots open on Willingly Writing? I wasn't sure if it was filled or not now. :]
    4s8gctV.png
    The Landon Legacy Wordpress // Forums|
    Chasing Rainbows: Wordpress // Forums
  • SilentWolf101SilentWolf101 Posts: 3,898 Member
    @CitizenErased14 If you'd like to pop in and join the discussions going on in the Wolf Den, you're more than welcome to. :) We focus on one story a week, based around a theme. :) This week (which is the last day today), we're discussing my story Scarlet Teardrops based on characters. :)
    ~Open your mind before your mouth~
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
    Come Join The Mafia! | Monthly Simlit Story Challenges
  • NymphieaNymphiea Posts: 254 Member
    Are we allowed to join more than one circle?
    Gen1.png
    Come check out my Sims 4 legacy story! We're on generation one currently.
    It's Just Another Story
    Thank you for your offer @SilentWolf101 :blush:
    Yushika wrote: »

@Yushika you are :)
    snvAF3B.png
    Yushika wrote: »

Yes, for sure! The original idea was that people who had more than one active story would join more than one circle, with one designated story per circle. But we've sort of drifted from that idea, with people joining as many circles as they feel like, regardless of how many active stories they had. It's probably a good idea if you join more than one to make a commitment to read all the stories in all the circles you're in, just to make sure that you're able to be a supportive and active circle member. Circles have a challenge being successful when the members don't read the stories and when they aren't active participants.

edited March 2017
    Okay, posting a follow-up question for anyone out there :) (still planning to lurk and chime-in in Maladi's circle!)

I haven't had great luck with reading circles. I'd like to try to be part of a smaller circle focusing on writing discussion.

But I have a BIG challenge. My main story is impossibly long. :/ It's over 300 chapters already. It makes me feel discouraged about ever finding a circle where someone would read my story. So my awkward question is if there's anyone who already reads my story who's looking for a reading circle? Or someone who'd want to binge read hundreds of chapters? :joy:

I'm always looking to expand my own reading list so I'd definitely read my circle members' stories in return. I'd just prefer a small/intimate circle (maybe five people max?) where people like talking about their writing process and character development and things like that :)

I know this is a huge long shot. But I just wanted to try :) I'm really craving a space to discuss writing in detail with a small group. I'm not gonna make a thread or anything at this point because I might not get a response, but I just wanted to throw this out there. :)
    snvAF3B.png
  • AkramAAkramA Posts: 2,717 Member
    @CitizenErased14 I've already read the first 3 generation of yours and planning on continuing. I stopped reading because when I was away from this community for about 3 months I saw your blog and it's starting to get overwhelmed on how many chapters are out already. So yeah, I think I could join.

But I'm not sure if you're needing a story with the same genres for the reading circles. Either way, I've been planning to read A2A anyway.

I'm currently on other reading circles but now that I almost catch up with everyone's there I think I can join another one. Especially since I've done a major time management updates I've gotten a lot more time to read other stuff. (Just got a new tablet pc too so I could read basically anywhere I brought it).

BTW, also a lurker on Novel idea, and been stealing lot's of ideas from there.
    I also write non sims stuff on Wattpad
    @CitizenErased14 The easiest way is to check who likes and comments on your stories and what circles the people are in. A circle with most members who are familiar with your stories would be the logical choice to join. I think you would be a great addition to any circle especially for you being always ready to stir up a new debate which is invaluable for circles. I love joining discussions, but I suck at coming up with ideas for topics. Anyway, whatever circle you decide to join I hope you'll be more lucky than previous times.
    heffners_orig.jpg
    edited March 2017
    Thanks @AkramA ! :) I'll keep you in mind for if this circle actually happens (I have a feeling it won't. This is like a crazy dream of mine :joy:)

@Maladi777 I tried to look at the circle list on the front page, but the only circles with openings are ones where my story doesn't fit and/or the people don't read my story. I have a feeling this is a crazy dream of mine haha but it was worth a shot! :blush: I had a circle I used to lurk in/join in some writing discussions and it was very fun. I don't anymore (long story of why lol) but I miss it, and that circle was like a tease of what I'm missing out on by not being in a circle myself :joy: So I felt inspired to try.

If all else fails, I do have Novel Reads bookmarked! :blush: Any time a juicy writing topic comes up, I'm so there! :smiley:
    snvAF3B.png
    @CitizenErased14 I PM'd you a volume of ideas! :) I hope some of them work for you, and just ignore what doesn't!

I also checked with the circles I'm a member of to see which are interested in casual visitors participating.

Watchers Writing is open to having anyone pop in and join the conversation at any time! We often talk about our winged and furry friends. :) We do talk sometimes about writing and game-play. And we're always eager for folks to join in with any conversation of interest.

Phoenix Puffclaws is alway open to anyone stopping by and joining in. Since we all hang out with each other in other threads, we actually don't have a lot of conversations going on in the circle thread right now, but if we ever get one going you're interested, please swing by! We're always up for talking, too, so you can swing by to say hi and start up a conversation at any time.

I also think it's well within circle etiquette to inquire in any circle anytime you want to join a conversation that's interesting! You can just say, "Hey, this looks like a great topic! Can I join in?" Each circle seems to have its own style of communication, but it doesn't take long to figure it out.

Good luck, and I'm sure you'll be able to get something too work for you! :)