Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ideas for expansions we've never seen?

I'd like to see a pack that adds cool places to visit with special things to do in each place. Like a museum you can visit and interact with, or pull a heist in! Or a castle where sim's can participate in a "who done it" murder mystery! Maybe an old aquarium, a big overgrown greenhouse, a circus, a magic library? Or maybe a road trip themed pack?

Comments

• dg51829dg51829 Posts: 300 Member
    It would be cool to an even that allows sim to discover magical heritage or something then have magic world like Makin' Magic in the Sims 1. I would love the road rip themed pack but with sims 4 it wouldn' feel quite right. it would just be a bunch of loading screens.
  • RubyxAngelRubyxAngel Posts: 333 Member
    Yes! Hopefully we will get expansions we haven't seen before rather "I want pets, supernatural, seasons, celebrity" everytime theres a new Sims base game... thats why I liked Get To Work it was a new experience.
  • tselphtselph Posts: 36 Member
    I would like to see an expansion involving time travel. Sim can buy or create a time machine at high level science skill, travel back in time to different worlds. Same idea as going on vacation to another world, but each new world could be set in a different time period.
  • Arkster93Arkster93 Posts: 154 Member
    I'd love to see some sort of an aqua park game pack with different kinds of water slides and pool items.
  • BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    I have asked EA Reps to ask bout adding a Monsterville Pack, I made a town in My sims 2 called Monsterville, where all My ghouls and Goblins live, it would be nice if they could add the old chars like vamps, werewolves and such with New ones like Creature from black lagoon, or the Purple People eater, I am sure they could add in others like The Phantom of the Opera, or Lizzie Borden, or Countess Blood , like I said add a variety for those of us who Luv Gothic type stuff, :).
  • isaiahzayisaiahzay Posts: 295 Member
    I have asked EA Reps to ask bout adding a Monsterville Pack, I made a town in My sims 2 called Monsterville, where all My ghouls and Goblins live, it would be nice if they could add the old chars like vamps, werewolves and such with New ones like Creature from black lagoon, or the Purple People eater, I am sure they could add in others like The Phantom of the Opera, or Lizzie Borden, or Countess Blood , like I said add a variety for those of us who Luv Gothic type stuff, :).

I love it! I did something similar with plant sims in sims 2! And they could have some steampunk or Victorian themed stuff too which would be awesome for story telling! And I think the game totally needs more unique scripted sims (and monsters) Maybe Dr. Heckle and Mr. Hyde? Jack the Ripper? A monster like Pacman and four ghost roomates? Maybe monster hunting? Monsters under children's beds but they can also become the child's "fairy god mother" if they build a relationship!?
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    Get Toddlers
    a256aFi.gif
  • MinecraftdSimmerMinecraftdSimmer Posts: 561 Member
    I'd like a Highschool and Elementary School pack. Follow them to school, manipulate, get opportunities, build skills, get grade, and also High School sports, plays, etc.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I don't really get that road trip idea in the survey. I gotta have cars if I'm going on a road trip, top down, stereo blasting, sunglasses on...
    I tend to hear Don Henley in my head singing 'Boys of Summer' when I think road trip or remember the old music video in my mind.

There are many themes they haven't done but I'm sort of tired of asking for a water park, them park like Six Flags, or time machine which lets them visit many different time periods and we choose if they stay there forever or not. Many different worlds and themes for a time machine besides into the future.

Or an underwater world where they live underwater and work underwater. Or live on the moon and work on the moon. And Skype their phone calls (for real) seeing the other Sim on the screen when they talk.

I think any of my ideas will never come to light though.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,744 Member
    My dream is that for the next Sims game -- The Sims 5 or a complete reboot simply called The Sims -- all the EPs that have been done before will be part of the base game, and the new EPs will be things we've never seen before: a robust farm/ranch one, careers that aren't stupid checklists of mundane tasks, a deep crime/law enforcement one, etc.
  • Annielea26Annielea26 Posts: 1 New Member
    i would like to have a toddler pack were you get toddlers back and a bunch of cool new things to do with them as i loved making toddlers grow up together and having cute friendships and was good for story telling. now you kinda just jump a stag in the sims lives it doesn't seem realistic.
    i would also like a new pack to make it so we have more options in hair and clothes style like bringing back the colour wheel back so we have move options.
    maybe they could bring out another job pack where you can do YouTube and blogging and other jobs as there is only a few jobs and would be cool to be able to see your sims become known for their jobs. :)
  • CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    isaiahzay wrote: »
    I'd like to see a pack that adds cool places to visit with special things to do in each place. Like a museum you can visit and interact with, or pull a heist in! Or a castle where sim's can participate in a "who done it" murder mystery! Maybe an old aquarium, a big overgrown greenhouse, a circus, a magic library? Or maybe a road trip themed pack?

I love the idea of doing a heist and a murder mystery event!
  • Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
    I'd love a Tropical Tiki Beach Expansion pack with a thick jungle, an ancient Tiki Temple, lots of beaches, a harbour full of boats (houseboats!) and fantasy scuba dive lots. If you'd like to read my idea for this EP, it's titled "Sims Beach Idea Expansion Pack"
    I'd also like to see a pack themed around relationships - friends, enemies and lovers. It would enclude story progression, automatic memories like in Sims 3 (where you can also read new household members' scrapbook), gossiping with real information happening around town in a pop-up, reputations, and lots of new gameplay and interactions for the types of relationships. It could also have an option "fall in love with" or "dislike" that can be accessed when clicking on a sim. If a sim "chooses" to fall in love with another, they will want to stalk them, talk to them a lot, act weird, flirty or confidently (according to their traits and current mood) around the sim and get sad and jealous if another sim flirts with his/her beloved. However, the beloved can also have fallen in love with another sim, thus not all sims will accept you as a lover, except if your sim destroys the other sim's reputation, sucks op to the beloved by giving gifts, being a reaaally good friend etc. You could toggle this off, since some players won't like it. Disliking a sim would not affect their relationship bar, since the other sim does not know that you dislike him/her, unless your sim acts upon it. Special interactions could enclude anything from gossiping to spreading rumours to breaking up their loved ones (haha). Friends also have special interactions and the return of sleepovers etc.
  • MissVxntageMissVxntage Posts: 2 New Member
    I would LOVE to see pets in the Sims 4! Add a pets expansion! Also, I'd like an island paradise expansion (Loved the expansion for TS3) And if I were to make a stuff pack, I would add vehicles. Reason being, I am sick and tired of waiting with the loading screen. It would be much more fun if you were to watch sims drive to places instead of teleporting. In the stuff pack you could add driving tests too.
  • MissVxntageMissVxntage Posts: 2 New Member
    @MinecraftdSimmer there is a mod on www.modthesims.info for a get to school fan-made expansion. If EA never adds a get to school expansion, I would recommend checking out the mod.

• BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    isaiahzay wrote: »

I love it! I did something similar with plant sims in sims 2! And they could have some steampunk or Victorian themed stuff too which would be awesome for story telling! And I think the game totally needs more unique scripted sims (and monsters) Maybe Dr. Heckle and Mr. Hyde? Jack the Ripper? A monster like Pacman and four ghost roomates? Maybe monster hunting? Monsters under children's beds but they can also become the child's "fairy god mother" if they build a relationship!?

All sounds wonderful, I also had a thought about The Creature from the Black Lagoon sitting in wait in the water's for unsuspecting Sims, maybe the Sims could track it to save the one's it takes?, like a scavenger hunt of some kind, now to me that would be kool. :)
  • charcougcharcoug Posts: 265 Member
    Forest Life: A place were your Sims can spend their days living in the woods and living it wild!
    I would actually enjoy this a lot! <3
    Where are my toddlers?!

http://i68.tinypic.com/fw297c.jpg
  • MinecraftdSimmerMinecraftdSimmer Posts: 561 Member
    @MissVxntage I know, I have the mod. But I want something official and not buggy and really "official"
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited May 2016
    TS4 Life in a Trailer Park EP.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    It would be cool that has a pack where you can experience worlds from different games. For example the city in urbz sims. Or strangetown in the sims ds, but a sims 4 version.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • howsimlishhowsimlish Posts: 709 Member
    Stdlr9 wrote: »
    My dream is that for the next Sims game -- The Sims 5 or a complete reboot simply called The Sims -- all the EPs that have been done before will be part of the base game, and the new EPs will be things we've never seen before: a robust farm/ranch one, careers that aren't stupid checklists of mundane tasks, a deep crime/law enforcement one, etc.

They couldn't do that, the amount of content would make the game at least $300 and wouldn't allow anyone to pick and chose what they want in game.