Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Pets >> What would you expect?

WoodGWoodG Posts: 124 Member
edited May 2016 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
If the Sims 4 Pets came, what would you all expect to see?
For me:
>All breeds in the world such as Canaan Dog, Standard Mexican Hairless, Japanese Chin etc...
>All breeds of the cats
> Holiday with animals
>For Simiclons; Dog and Sim doing acts: Dog walking
Singing
Dancing etc...
> Horses
>Goats
>Chickens
>Dog toys
>Grooming
>Games: Football, Frisbee etc...

Comments

• 2HubbiesNLove2HubbiesNLove Posts: 658 Member
    Well, we do have aliens in the game... it would be interesting if they also gave us the ability to create species of alien creatures for our aliens. I'm not counting on it, but it would bring something new and never been seen before in the franchise. If not alien pets that are free to roam, at least caged alien creatures. I would play with aliens more if we were given a couple of brightly colored and strange alien species for our alien sims to interact with.
  • WoodGWoodG Posts: 124 Member
    Well, we do have aliens in the game... it would be interesting if they also gave us the ability to create species of alien creatures for our aliens. I'm not counting on it, but it would bring something new and never been seen before in the franchise. If not alien pets that are free to roam, at least caged alien creatures. I would play with aliens more if we were given a couple of brightly colored and strange alien species for our alien sims to interact with.

I think it would be cool if only the aliens could adopt an alien pet but normal sims play adopts pets like dogs and cats
  • kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    edited May 2016
    I didn't really care for the horses. Especially all the wild ones that infested Bridgeport. Because that made sense.

@2HubbiesNLove I love the idea of alien pets: I mentioned this in another thread, but it'd be cool if a bunch of collections were expanded to include small pets (that could crawl around- or be carried- outside of their enclosures). Fossils could grant you cloned dinosaur hatchlings, for example.

While we're at it, the Cow Plant needs to get some additional pet features: let us name it, and gain a relationship with it (like the invention constructor robot in Get to Work).
    wJbomAo.png
  • CaveSimCaveSim Posts: 99 Member
    @kwanzaabot I love this idea. If some of the Aliens was harder to make? I want pets not to be objects like in the Sims 3. Do more with them. If the pets had birthdays.
  • Vampirefizz19Vampirefizz19 Posts: 38 Member
    > @2HubbiesNLove said:
    > Well, we do have aliens in the game... it would be interesting if they also gave us the ability to create species of alien creatures for our aliens. I'm not counting on it, but it would bring something new and never been seen before in the franchise. If not alien pets that are free to roam, at least caged alien creatures. I would play with aliens more if we were given a couple of brightly colored and strange alien species for our alien sims to interact with.

I love that idea its cool, the main breed i really want that is hard to try and make from what they give you is Chinese Cresteds, i have one and i want one in game. Also the same customization as the sims get in moulding that be fun.
  • howsimlishhowsimlish Posts: 709 Member
    I'd like to see them add clothes as an accessory for little dogs, it'd be perfect for rich sims. I'd also like little animals like turtles and hamsters to be given more abilities.
  • jheyjuneicejheyjuneice Posts: 335 Member
    I want to see bunnies added :D
    6Y6GB8R.png
  • elmkec89elmkec89 Posts: 41 Member
    > @kwanzaabot said:
    > I didn't really care for the horses. Especially all the wild ones that infested Bridgeport. Because that made sense.
    >
    > @2HubbiesNLove I love the idea of alien pets: I mentioned this in another thread, but it'd be cool if a bunch of collections were expanded to include small pets (that could crawl around- or be carried- outside of their enclosures). Fossils could grant you cloned dinosaur hatchlings, for example.
    >
    > While we're at it, the Cow Plant needs to get some additional pet features: let us name it, and gain a relationship with it (like the invention constructor robot in Get to Work).

Horses was one of my fave parts of the Sims 3 pets ep, I hope they include them again in the Sims 4 pets ep. Also, I hope they include exotic animals and like, a zookeeper profession, IDK lol. :)
  • madokamadoka Posts: 277 Member
    I don't want horses, goats, chickens, or any other large livestock. Just not my cup of tea and I can see a whole lot of bugs and glitches going wrong there.

Would love to see dogs and cats come back of course, as well as the reptiles and small caged mammals.
    tumblr_n44s6oo9G21qztgoio1_500.gif
    Find my Legacy family tree here
    @elmkec89 my problem with them is that they just didn't fit. They were fine in Apaloosa Plains, and even Riverview, as they were both fairly rural worlds, but anywhere else it just didn't make sense to have herds of wild horses galloping down main street.

That, and the worlds in TS4 just aren't big enough to really make horse riding useful (I've said the same thing about cars, in the past). If they introduced a world with 1 or 2 large neighborhoods instead of 3-4 small ones like they currently have, sure. But on the existing neighborhoods, they're just not that useful.
    wJbomAo.png
  • elmkec89elmkec89 Posts: 41 Member
    Actually you're right. I remember being annoyed by random horses in certain worlds where they didn't fit, they also made things laggy and there was too many of them. But I did like them as a pet because some of my sims were cowgirls or cowboys. :)
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    Country radio station, Hip hop and R&B radio station.
  • crazycat_135crazycat_135 Posts: 1,349 Member
    I personally don't really see how horses would fit in the closed world environment and with all of the neighborhoods connected. There'd be horses everywhere and it would be a hassle traveling between loading screens with horses. It fit better in the sims 3 because it was open world and there was only one neighborhood at a time you could be in. I really just want to see dogs, cats and small animals( bunnies, hamsters, reptiles, etc.) That way they're more focused on and aren't disappointing us with the quality. I want to see a fleshed out pets ep that I and others can say is great. :)
  • RubyxAngelRubyxAngel Posts: 333 Member

I love this idea, Alien pets! :p Now that would be a good twist to the usual pet expansions.
  • RubyxAngelRubyxAngel Posts: 333 Member
    I want to see bunnies added :D

Me too, hopefully you could not only have them in a hutch but let them hope around your house like a 'house bunny' :smile:
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    Llamas
    a256aFi.gif
  • More_MooreMore_Moore Posts: 408 Member
    Pets that interact with the weather, such as dogs being afraid of storms depending on traits. I'd also like insect pets that are interactable. (Namely hissing roaches)
    Simmer since day one. Owns every Expansion and extras. Even the console games. XD

Feel free to chat me (I like games/RPGs, game dev, and animu/anime)
  • MarijeeeeMarijeeee Posts: 3 New Member
    I would LOVE to make farms and everything. (they would have to make a new world i think because the sims 4 doesn't have a world with that country feeling yet) and I would also really like horses and dogs. I haven't played the sims 3 so I don't know what pets were like, but reading all these comments it sounds like there were some problems...
  • AngiesSmithAngiesSmith Posts: 414 Member
    edited May 2016
    This is just my opinion, but I would like it to come as two different packs. A pets EP and a farm GP because I didn't like having horses and a farmish feel. It would make more sense to have it split so they can expand more on the farm life aspect and more pets related.
    AngiesSmith.png
  • Master_SteerpikeMaster_Steerpike Posts: 266 Member
    What I would expect from Sims 4 Pets would be a watered down EP adding very little to gameplay and very little to content.
  • KrissySimsKrissySims Posts: 19 New Member
    I would like to see a veterinarian career! I absolutely love the Doctor career that came with GTW, so a veterinarian would be such a cool job.
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I want to be able to create a house hold of just a pet(s), make it so I can play as a pack of wolves and I don't need a human around to support them.

I want many variations of Cats and Dogs including wolves.
    Pigs and Goats.

My sister would be really happy is she could have a pet Goat, and a Red Panda.

I myself want a Pig as a pet in the Sims, a Pig, Scottish fold Kitten and a Gold Siberian Husky.
    I would have auto age off for so long to keep my animals in the baby stage.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • onar89onar89 Posts: 1 New Member
    I would like us to have with pets expansion a veterinarian career where we could be vets in a pet clinic and take care of sick animals. It would be also a good idea to be able to run our own pet shops or even pet salons where we would wash and groom cute dogs and cats. I'm also thinking it would be cool if we had contests for dogs like in agility, obedience etc. and the winner would receive a trophy.
    Llamas

This. Why have we never had Llamas? In a Sims game?
    Even if they're just objects, like the cows in TS3. Have them in their little stable, and let us feed, pet, name them, and shear their wool to craft into new outfits.

It's the perfect opportunity for a Knitting skill.
    wJbomAo.png
  • WoodGWoodG Posts: 124 Member
    edited May 2016
    I love the ideas.
    The only TS3 pets I have played was on the PS2 or XBOX 360 where horses didn't exist.